WWI RPG
A roleplay for the first World War.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »
Tatianolishka

"C'est bien." she said with a smile. "I feel like a wife already."

She laughed and flipped the eggs, biting her lip in dismay and the slightly charred underside.

"I think I'll need to master that first, though."

2/10/2009 #241
Star the Foxhound

Laughing Lewis got up and made his way over to her. "Let me watch that," he said, "I don't need to be able to walk to cook some eggs. You go get the gauze."

2/10/2009 #242
Tatianolishka

She blushed and went for the counter, searching through the cupboards for the bandages.

"Here we go." she said, pulling them out and finding a receptacle bin for the waste.

2/10/2009 #243
Star the Foxhound

Lewis flipped the eggs again then put them on two plates, leaving them on the counter since he knew better then to try and get them to the table. "Merci," he said again smiling at her.

2/10/2009 #244
Tatianolishka

She smiled back.

"Assiez-vous." she said softly, picking up the breakfast and setting it on the table. "It'll just take a minute, then we can eat"

2/10/2009 #245
Star the Foxhound

Sitting down at the table, Lewis held out his arm for her. "I'm sure glad you're a nurse," he said winking at her.

2/10/2009 #246
Tatianolishka

She laughed.

"Well then, I have to admit I'm not so glad you're a soldier." she said, eyes merrily bright. "I am, though, happy to have you home."

2/10/2009 #247
Star the Foxhound

"If I wasn't a soldier I wouldn't have ever come to France," Lewis pointed out, "So you should be glad that it brought me here. I know what you mean though and after what happened I can see how you feel ever clearer. But you know that I have no choice. I signed up to fight until the end of the war and so that's what I'm required to do."

2/10/2009 #248
Tatianolishka

"I know." Marianne said sadly, peeling off the bloodied scrap of fabric and tossing it in the bin. "If I could just make this war end..."

She snapped her fingers, paused a moment, and sighed.

"If it were that easy."

2/10/2009 #249
Star the Foxhound

Lewis sighed, "If it was that easy someone else would have done it already. There's many of us that wish the war would end so that we can all be happy together but it's not going to be over until we either triumpth or fail."

He smiled faintly, "But after the war nothing will be able to keep us apart."

2/10/2009 #250
Tatianolishka

She smiled brightly and nodded, wrapping the fresh sheet of linen around his arm.

"It's healing well." she noted.

2/10/2009 #251
Star the Foxhound

"Bien," Lewis said, "That's one injury I don't have to worry about then."

He smiled, "Let's eat the eggs now, before they get cold."

2/10/2009 #252
Tatianolishka

She nodded again and finished the dressing, smiling with satisfaction.

"Go ahead." she said.

(brb)

2/10/2009 #253
Star the Foxhound

Lewis took a bite of the eggs and chewed them slowly. "Are your parents expecting you home today or are you going to stay here again most of the time?"

2/10/2009 #254
Tatianolishka

"I'll likely stay here again tonight." she said with a small shrug. "Maman would understand. Papa listens to Maman most of the time, especially when it comes to things he doesn't understand."

She smiled and ate some of her breakfast.

"Maman wants us to set a date." she said off-handedly, not wanting him to pressure him with such a thing so soon after the battle.

2/10/2009 #255
Star the Foxhound

Smiling Lewis continued to eat. "Did you have a date in mind my love?" he asked.

2/10/2009 #256
Tatianolishka

She shook her head and shrugged, pushing aside the fantasies of being a june bride in the glory of summertime.

"I thought, perhaps... when the war was over, but now... I'm not sure I would enjoy waiting that long."

2/10/2009 #257
Star the Foxhound

"Is June 18th too soon?" Lewis asked selectly his birthday because he thought that maybe it would be interesting. He didn't think, however, that they could get ready with only two weeks notice, plus he wasn't sure how long it would take him to get back on his feet.

He sighed, "I bet that's too soon..."

2/10/2009 #258
Tatianolishka

Marianne looked at him.

"The sunday?" she asked, tilting her head.

2/10/2009 #259
Star the Foxhound

Lewis shrugged. "It was the first day that popped into my head. But tell me, when do you want it?"

2/10/2009 #260
Tatianolishka

She stared open-mouthed for a minute, then shrugged.

"It... it would be..."

She smiled.

"It would be perfect."

2/10/2009 #261
Star the Foxhound

"You know," he said, "When I was younger I used to dream about getting married on June 18th."

2/10/2009 #262
Tatianolishka

She blushed. She had been taught since infancy that mariage was a girl's own secret fantasy - to be wed was a gift in itself, but the years leading up to it were made of half-dreamt ideas with lace and pearls with the scent of roses that mingled in the backs of the women's minds. They were not meant to be shared with their husband-to-bes, for they had no whimsy for such a thing. But Marianne was now surprised to learn that Lewis shared her dreams more than she imagined possible.

"You did?"

2/10/2009 #263
Star the Foxhound

"I never really thought about it much," he said, "But when I did I knew what date I wanted it to be. I figured that it would be interesting to get married on my birthday."

2/10/2009 #264
Tatianolishka

She chuckled.

"It would." she said, nodding.

2/10/2009 #265
Star the Foxhound

Lewis laughed with her, "Speaking of which, when is your birthday?"

2/10/2009 #266
Tatianolishka

"September." she said with a shy smile. "September the twenty-fifth."

2/10/2009 #267
Star the Foxhound

Lewis stored the information in the back of his head and finished eating his eggs before he stood up with his crutchs. "I need to get my bag from my tent in the base," he said.

2/10/2009 #268
Tatianolishka

She nodded.

"Do you need help?" she asked, getting up slowly.

2/10/2009 #269
Star the Foxhound

"If you would like to carry the bag for me you could..." Lewis said, "If you want to clean up here though I could manage, it would just take me longer."

2/10/2009 #270
« Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound SnowClaw of Windclan, Tatianolishka, Irish toaster, R.M.Whitaker, Lee's ghost re-born
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member