WWI RPG
A roleplay for the first World War.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Star the Foxhound

There is a small wooded area only a short walk from the pilot's base and it is here where Raoul Lufbery decides to hide his lion cub after breaking Whiskey out of the zoo.

3/7/2009 #1
Star the Foxhound

Raoul Lufbery walked slowly through the woods and gave a quick whistle which made the lion jump up and run towards him. As Whiskey jumped to lick his face Lufbery knelt beside him and rubbed his head. "Hey there bubby," he said softly, "Wanta play?"

He had just gotten back from the battlefield and the sights of the piles of dead still lurked in his mind, almost sickening him. There were a few major differences between being a pilot and being in the infantry and one of them was that the pilots went one at the time while the infantry were killed in mass amounts. Lufbery figured that it also wouldn't do him much good to think about the pilots who had never made it back, friends who would no longer take into the air.

Whiskey rolled onto his back and Lufbery managed a smile as he rubbed the lion's stomach and pulling his hand away quickly when the lion got back up. "You missed me didn't you?" he chuckled, "Well I'm back now."

3/8/2009 #2
Kid of Colors

There was the sharp snap of a twig.

"So what was the other lion's name?" Andi inquired a few feet back. She had cleaned up, her face freshly washed and her hair brushed. Her arms were crossed over her chest, and she was looking at Whiskey with some adoration.

3/8/2009 #3
Star the Foxhound

Lufbery glanced up at her and smiled softly, turning on his knees to face her. Whiskey nosed the pilot on the back and rested a big paw on his shoulder. "Her name was Soda," Lufbery replied, "They split them up, however, she's at a different zoo then the one we rescued Whiskey from."

3/8/2009 #4
Kid of Colors

Andi nodded and then her face changed to a thoughful expression.

"We can get her back too," she suggested.

3/8/2009 #5
Star the Foxhound

"Whiskey would like that," Lufbery remarked, "They were friends for a while and it would be good company for Whiskey when I'm busy."

Whiskey batted him with his paw and Lufbery chuckled. "You wanta play don't ya?" he asked the lion.

3/8/2009 #6
Kid of Colors

"Sounds like a plan then. We'll work out the details later," Andi said, walking to a tree and picking absently at the bark.

3/8/2009 #7
Star the Foxhound

Whiskey batted Lufbery playfully to the ground with his large paw and Lufbery laughed, playing with the lion cub. When he rolled to his feet again he pulled a large rubber ball from his pocket. "Want to see him play fetch?" he asked Andi.

3/8/2009 #8
Kid of Colors

"Yeah," Andi said, offering a half-smile.

"How far can you throw the ball?" she asked.

3/8/2009 #9
Star the Foxhound

Lufbery grinned and hurtled the ball into the trees, watching Whiskey take off after it. "Pretty far," he said looking at her.

3/8/2009 #10
Kid of Colors

Andi raised her brows and smiled impishly. She felt that competitive spark. She had always found competition in little ways.

"My throw," she stated as Whiskey began to return. She took the now slobbery ball from him, gave him a nice pat on the head, then began to wipe of the ball.

3/8/2009 #11
Star the Foxhound

"Alright," Lufbery agreed, "Let's see how far you can throw!"

Whiskey licked Andi's hand and sat down eager for her to throw the ball.

3/8/2009 #12
Kid of Colors

She pulled her arm back then propelled the ball forward. She watched.

3/8/2009 #13
Star the Foxhound

"Good throw," he said watching it, "I think you win, yours went about a foot further."

Whiskey grabbed the ball and dropped it in Lufbery's lap. He smiled and threw it again.

3/8/2009 #14
Kid of Colors

Andi smiled in success.

"Did you ever play ball?" she asked him curiously.

3/8/2009 #15
Star the Foxhound

Lufbery shook his head, "No, never. What about you?"

3/8/2009 #16
Kid of Colors

"I used to play with my dad and older brother," she replied with a shrug, "I miss that."

3/8/2009 #17
Star the Foxhound

"I miss my brother too," Lufbery said throwing the ball for Whiskey again, "Don't really know my father much though. He left home when I was one, left my older brother and I in care of relatives and went to America. My brother and I then moved to America but then that same week he left again, bad luck."

3/8/2009 #18
Kid of Colors

Andi watched Whiskey.

"I'm sorry to hear that," she said sincerely.

3/8/2009 #19
Star the Foxhound

"It's alright," Lufbery said, "Maybe I'll have the chance to see him again after the war, my brother too."

Whiskey came back and dropped the ball at Andi's feet this time.

3/8/2009 #20
Kid of Colors

Andi smiled softly and picked up the wet bal, brushing some leaves and dirt off of it. She threw it again.

"Maybe you will."

3/8/2009 #21
Star the Foxhound

Lufbery watched Whiskey and smiled. "What are you going to do after the war?"

3/8/2009 #22
Kid of Colors

"Dunno," Andi shrugged, "Go to hollywood. Buid a log cabin, whatever comes to me I guess."

3/8/2009 #23
Star the Foxhound

"I'm going to find my father," Lufbery said, "And I'm going to keep looking until I find him again."

3/8/2009 #24
Kid of Colors

"Whatcha gonna do when you find him?"

3/8/2009 #25
Star the Foxhound

Lufbery shrugged, "I'm going to get to know him, like a father and son should know each other. We're family and we should act like it."

3/8/2009 #26
Kid of Colors

Andi was surprised.

"I would be mad. It's good yu can think that way."

3/8/2009 #27
Star the Foxhound

"There's no reason to be mad," Lufbery said, "He left so long ago."

3/8/2009 #28
Kid of Colors

"Still," Andi shook her head, " would be furious for some reason."

3/8/2009 #29
Star the Foxhound

Whiskey came running back with the ball in his mouth and he ran up to Lufbery who tossed the ball yet again. "He could do this for hours," he remarked watching the lion charge off after the ball, "So much energy."

3/8/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound SnowClaw of Windclan, Tatianolishka, Irish toaster, R.M.Whitaker, Lee's ghost re-born
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member