The Military Factor
Okay, maggots! What this forum here is for, is the discussion of all things military! Wanna learn about some weaponry? Well come on in! Armor? Got it here! SpecOps or Medieval Knights? We have it! Just read the FPMJ before you post!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Caecilia

So, say you love martial arts, but you don't want to fight with just your body? Maybe you really want to find a style where you can use a huge-a** sword?

Or maybe you watched Equilibrium and were wondering if anything like Gun Kata exsisted?

Well, here's the place to ask about it!

Kendo, fencing.... More as they come along.

SO POST!

11/14/2008 #1
TheMonomaniacalGoblin

Who watched Equilibrium? I`m assuming Cae has, so anyone else?

11/14/2008 . Edited 11/14/2008 #2
Caecilia

I loved that movie... Coolest fighting style EVER

11/14/2008 #3
Nolonegrusedaccount

I like! :)

Ever heard of Aikido? It's one of the only combat style which still incorporates the Katana in it's usage. Respect, honor, and tradition is a big part of this style, and while I can't see using a sword on today's modern battlefield I do see the uses in training even our soldiers in the art of such a venerated style/tradition. I'll say more on this style later but, suffice to say that it is one of my favorite styles out there.

Besides, an Army Ranger coming at you like a modern day samurai'd scare the crap out of any terrorist on earth!

11/14/2008 #4
Caecilia

*laughs at the image*

One of my best friend's is a second degree black-belt in aikido. I didn't really know much about it, though

11/14/2008 #5
TheMonomaniacalGoblin

I`ve heard of it... That`s it.

11/14/2008 #6
Caecilia

What else is there?

11/14/2008 #7
TheMonomaniacalGoblin

I forget what it`s called, but the art of finding a weak spot on one`s body, then jabbing at it and paralyzing them, or cause them to go limp...

11/14/2008 #8
Caecilia

That seems more like something that should be on the other MA thread.

11/14/2008 #9
waittillthesunshines

That'd be really neat though... let's put it there until further notice, after more research has been done and proves it's existance.

11/14/2008 . Edited 11/14/2008 #10
Caecilia

Cool fighting style? Tessenjutsu.

It's a Japanese art of fighting with a war fan; a tessen. A tessen is an iron folding fan, with usually 8-10 ribs.

From wikipedia? "Apart from using it in duels against enemies armed with swords and spears, the skilled wielder could also use it to fence and fend off knives and poisoned darts thrown at him."

Not practiced much anymore, but by some experts in Japan.

I really love fans, so when I found this, I totally freaked.

11/14/2008 #11
Forum Moderators: Nolonegrusedaccount FuckMeAlice
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member