The Challenge of Christian Writing
Formerly 'The Challenge of Christian Romance' Now open to all Christian Genres. How do we as Christians portray our beliefs in a loving Christlike manner while still not backing away from the truth? Specific topics devoted to Romance, Fantasy, and Evan
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Lily Among Thorns '98

The title of this forum has recenlty changed. I came under the notice that there were other genres that faced challenges in writing in a Christian way. So I am opening this forum up to a wider topic. Any topic is welcome as long as it focuses on Christian writing. It does not matter the genre, be it fantasy, romance, mystery, whatever.

So welcome everyone. Readers and writers alike are welcome to converse. But please keep it all Christlike.

Keep writing for Christ!

LAT

8/13/2009 #1
VHugo921

Now, I'm no Christian. I'm Buddhist. But the topic of theology and religion fascinates me, and I write a lot of stories about religion, Christianity, Buddhism and such topics.

The term "Christian Writing", in my opinion, is defined as: "Any work of literary art that deals with topics overtly dealing with Christianity and the Bible"

Not: "Any piece of literary art that supports, encourages, or praises Christianity" I feel the term is much broader than that.

Just goes to show that non-christians can write "christian" stories too.

12/26/2009 #2
Elizabeth White

I don't think the moderator of this forum is saying that people not devoted to Christ can't understand the principles of Christianity. I, as a Christian, do know that Christ's ideas of Love and Righteousness are repugnant to those that choose to not accept his forgiveness.

9/27/2012 #3
Forum Moderators: Lily Among Thorns '98
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member