Not So Run of the Mill Science Fiction
Have a story that stretches the boundaries of current Science Fiction? Is it unpredictable and fresh? Do you shy from the neat happy endings that are commonplace in today's fiction? C'mon in, lets share some links and compare notes!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Jeremy R Walker

Where do you think the new horizons of science fiction are at ? & why ?

1 the past (historical settings)

2 The Near future

3 The far future

4 The Mind (exploring how each other think)

5 The Present (solving real world problems in a fictional setting)

6 Technology

7 The sociological impact of Technology or the lack of

I am curious as to what other writers think of the future of science fiction ? and what they think of the current state of the Genre ?

6/22/2011 #1
Pseudinymous

I think that a few of them mixed together can work, and would make the story a bit more dynamic. I can't speak for the industry itself, but personally I think the mind is always a very interesting thing to explore and to use as a main- or even sub- theme.

9/20/2011 #2
Persnickety Fox
I've taken some sociology classes and have read recently published books on topic number 7, so I'd have to go with that. Granted, they weren't science fiction books, but I don't think anyone can deny that new developments like Facebook are generating some sort of discussion. That kind of thing is bound to seep over into the writing world, right?
12/5/2011 #3
Forum Moderators: Darwin dreamshell
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member