Not So Run of the Mill Science Fiction
Have a story that stretches the boundaries of current Science Fiction? Is it unpredictable and fresh? Do you shy from the neat happy endings that are commonplace in today's fiction? C'mon in, lets share some links and compare notes!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Christopher Garcia

As the long title explained, I've been watching, writing, and drawing almost nothing but Sci-Fi for practically my whole life. I grew up watching stuff like Star Trek: TNG, Farescape, Guyver, that it seems like anything that doesn't have a hint of sci-fi interlaced with the overall story. I just can't watch it.

Same with when I'm writing. I remember I played this game called 'Halo' when it first came out and I was blown away with how someone could come up with such a great story for a genre that seemed to be dying at the time (For this I mainly mean First Person Shooters but sci-fi was kind of dwindling also). So, I starting writing a short little FanFic for the game Halo all the way through middle school. Than as I got older parts of the stories mythos started to change so I created an entirely new story out of the shell of this FanFic.

It became the Trilogy of Novels I'm developing now. The Halo FanFic became 'Rem's Last Words' Something that has Halo under it's skin but is drastically different.

The same can be said for my drawing, I've reached that point when I find myself drawing more and more pictures from the stories.

Has this ever happened to anyone or am I the only crazy one lol.

8/2/2012 #1
TorgoTheWhite

Don't worry... I feel pretty much the same way.

8/18/2012 #2
fantasybookworm2012
If you mean only being able to write a single genre for a period of time. I could not get out of writing "realistic fiction that didn't make sense." for a year. It drove me crazy. Now I wire fantasy and sci fi and poetry. If you can't stop writing one genre try to challenge yourself by writing a completely different genre
1/4/2013 #3
Forum Moderators: Darwin dreamshell
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member