Dialogue Play
Having trouble writing a character? Can't quite pin down their personality? Then this is the place for you! Come here and play your character as we put them through their paces. We'll help you find what makes them tick - and have fun while we're at it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »
Carus

I know, but driving lessons make for a happy birthday. :)

:D

5/31/2009 #361
karma-dollie

'Tis summer, so no classes, plus I can walk to work, so no driving involved. :D

I mean before summer. Isn't Kylie in college?

5/31/2009 #362
Kyllorac

In the beginning, it may be best to try and hit those things you are trying not to hit just because of your newness to driving and steering decreases the probability of actually going where you are trying to go. :P

Then again, if you happen to get (un)lucky... Perhaps it is best to not aim at random pedestrians. XD

5/31/2009 #363
karma-dollie

Yeah... I'm good a psyching myself out :P I'll do my best. But I won't be taking the test for months yet, so for now I'll just worry about not killing myself/my teacher/innocent bystanders. XD

Your best is gonna rock them! Go Karas! :D That's what I was worried about when I started practicing. I swore I'd be the one to hit the Messiah crossing the street and leave the world to ruin. ;p

5/31/2009 #364
Carus

Then again, if you happen to get (un)lucky... Perhaps it is best to not aim at random pedestrians. XD

Hahahaahhahaa XD

5/31/2009 #365
Kyllorac

I mean before summer. Isn't Kylie in college?

Yes. The community college was in walking distance from my house, though. :P I also work there as a tutor.

5/31/2009 #366
Carus

Your best is gonna rock them! Go Karas! :D That's what I was worried about when I started practicing. I swore I'd be the one to hit the Messiah crossing the street and leave the world to ruin. ;p

XD

5/31/2009 #367
Kyllorac

I swore I'd be the one to hit the Messiah crossing the street and leave the world to ruin. ;p

XD

Radio, I never knew you were a practitioner of potential Messiah-cide. :P

5/31/2009 #368
karma-dollie

Yes. The community college was in walking distance from my house, though. :P I also work there as a tutor.

Ooh! I get it now. After four years of walking to school, I was so happy to have my car. I love the commute though I hate the drivers on the road with me. That's something key to watch out for. While driving, expect everyone else is a novice, suckish driver and stay extra alert...cos they probably are. Haha!

5/31/2009 #369
karma-dollie

Radio, I never knew you were a practitioner of potential Messiah-cide. :P

There are a lot of things about me that you don't know. ;p

5/31/2009 #370
Kyllorac

While driving, expect everyone else is a novice, suckish driver and stay extra alert...cos they probably are. Haha!

Yeah. I know that from all those idiots that almost crashed into the car I was riding in while my dad was driving, and he's a great driver. Thankfully, I seem to have inherited his ability to somewhat predict what those idiots are about to do. XD

And I must be off. Church beckons.

5/31/2009 #371
Carus

Ooh! I get it now. After four years of walking to school, I was so happy to have my car. I love the commute though I hate the drivers on the road with me. That's something key to watch out for. While driving, expect everyone else is a novice, suckish driver and stay extra alert...cos they probably are. Haha!

Pfft, four years is nothing. XD Try eleven. Haha. Mind you, I live fifteen minutes away from my school at the moment, walking, and about half an hour away from my primary school. So not too bad. XD

Commute is such an... American word. XD

And haha, good advice I'm sure. :P

5/31/2009 #372
karma-dollie

Byebye, Kylie-Sue!

5/31/2009 #373
Carus

Bye Kylie

5/31/2009 #374
karma-dollie

Pfft, four years is nothing. XD Try eleven. Haha. Mind you, I live fifteen minutes away from my school at the moment, walking, and about half an hour away from my primary school. So not too bad. XD

Wow! That's longer time AND a longer walk. My walk was only 7-10 minutes. I literally live across the street from my high school. And yet when I got my license, I drove. Haha!

Commute is such an... American word. XD

And the non-American word for it would be...? ;)

5/31/2009 #375
Carus

Wow! That's longer time AND a longer walk. My walk was only 7-10 minutes. I literally live across the street from my high school. And yet when I got my license, I drove. Haha!

Hahahaha. I hope you're not one of those preachy enviromental care people, cos that'd be hypocritical XD But seriously. Why drive? XD

And the non-American word for it would be...? ;)

Ummm... travel? Drive? Go? :P

5/31/2009 #376
karma-dollie

Hahahaha. I hope you're not one of those preachy enviromental care people, cos that'd be hypocritical XD But seriously. Why drive? XD

Why not? ;p No, I don't preach about going green and whatever. I do turn off unused appliances in the house though. And after the initial excitement of getting my license faded, I drove less often...and after realizing it was a pain in the ass to get out of the parking lot with all the others.

Ummm... travel? Drive? Go? :P

Traveling is like going long distance. Driving isn't always the case cos many people commute by bus. Go is boring. Haha! The American language wins!

5/31/2009 #377
karma-dollie

Oh, and "go" doesn't necessarily infer that you're returning. ;p

5/31/2009 #378
Carus

Why not? ;p No, I don't preach about going green and whatever. I do turn off unused appliances in the house though. And after the initial excitement of getting my license faded, I drove less often...and after realizing it was a pain in the ass to get out of the parking lot with all the others.

I still can't believe you drove that distance. XD Lazy Americans :P

Traveling is like going long distance. Driving isn't always the case cos many people commute by bus. Go is boring. Haha! The American language wins!

Commute just sounds wrong to me. XD

5/31/2009 #379
Carus

Oh, and "go" doesn't necessarily infer that you're returning. ;p

And 'commute' does?? Hm.

5/31/2009 #380
Carus

Right. Aristotle. Yay. -_-

5/31/2009 #381
karma-dollie

I still can't believe you drove that distance. XD Lazy Americans :P

It's true. :)

Commute just sounds wrong to me. XD

Have you never heard someone say it casually? It's a good vocab word. Now you can stick it in a poem somewhere and sound cool. Haha!

5/31/2009 #382
karma-dollie

And 'commute' does?? Hm.

It does. Commuting is going to a place and returning. Ever heard of the commutitive property in math? :)

5/31/2009 #383
Carus

Have you never heard someone say it casually? It's a good vocab word. Now you can stick it in a poem somewhere and sound cool. Haha!

It's an AMERICAN word. I'm sure of it. :P

5/31/2009 #384
karma-dollie

Right. Aristotle. Yay. -_-

Wow. That makes you more excited than even coffee. Relax, hun! Calm down! ;p

5/31/2009 #385
Carus

It does. Commuting is going to a place and returning. Ever heard of the commutitive property in math? :)

And now I know. And no I haven't :P I gave up maths this year :D

And I've just worked out why it sounds wrong... I think it's used in a formal context over here, so seeing it in general conversation is odd.

5/31/2009 #386
karma-dollie

It's an AMERICAN word. I'm sure of it. :P

Well, I'm happy to share it with you. ;p

5/31/2009 #387
Carus

Wow. That makes you more excited than even coffee. Relax, hun! Calm down! ;p

Hahaha. I'm glad you can sense my enthusiasm. XD

5/31/2009 #388
karma-dollie

And now I know. And no I haven't :P I gave up maths this year :D

Ooh. Yeah, I did too. Haha! It wouldn't be something you've learned recently though. That's like, beginning at the beginning of math concepts. ;)

And I've just worked out why it sounds wrong... I think it's used in a formal context over here, so seeing it in general conversation is odd.

Mystery solved. Now you can really sound smart to your friends...or like a weirdo like I do cos of my dad and his damn enforcing of vocabulary on us. ;p

5/31/2009 #389
karma-dollie

Hahaha. I'm glad you can sense my enthusiasm. XD

Big sister knows. :P What's Aristotle teaching us now?

5/31/2009 #390
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Kyllorac karma-dollie, Denizen47, Chasing Skylines, Nicki BluIs
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member