Dialogue Play
Having trouble writing a character? Can't quite pin down their personality? Then this is the place for you! Come here and play your character as we put them through their paces. We'll help you find what makes them tick - and have fun while we're at it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »
Kyllorac

Thirry searched over the doorway-turned-wall, but it was no use. The stone was impregnable as his sore hands and foot attested. Limping slightly (kicking the wall had not been a smart idea), Thirry turned to examine the interior of the tower. A staircase, the steps high and narrow, wound its way out of sight up the tower. There was nothing else.

With a sigh, Thirry turned to the woman... who was still pounding and shouting at the wall. Facepalming, Thirry wondered if a sadistic being of great power had a grudge against him - why else would he be stuck in the company of markedly abnormal women? At least Muffy had been intelligent...

"You there. Stop that," he said, commanding. "We need to move."

3/1/2009 #301
Chasing Skylines

Pearle staggered as she wound her way up the tower. There was a dense throbbing at the base of her skull, and the air seemed to shift and wrangle her senses. Delusional hues weaved through the air, staining the walls with splashes of paint. The black sucked up the color, closing its tendrils like fangs over the hallucinatory shades.

Pearle looked down at her hands. She wasn't holding a torch. Or was she? Dim lights sparked along the myraid of colors, but -- Why weren't her legs moving?

The weight of the jerking darkness above bore down, pushing her through the obsidian stone steps. She opened her mouth to yell, do something, but instead saw to her left Thirry and the lady. Where'd the wall go?

3/1/2009 #302
Nicki BluIs

"I have a name, you know!" Wanda cried indignantly ((Sorry Sesshy, I couldn't resist :P))

"I am Wanderella of Terrafirma and I will not leave this spot until we save that poor little girl!" She turned back to bang on the wall a few more times. But the wall was gone. It its place stood -

"Little girl! I am so glad you're safe! You better follow us this time; who knows what walls and barriers could pop up..."

3/1/2009 #303
Kyllorac

Thirry was about to ask 'Wandarella' just what had she expected him to call her considering that she had not told him her name before then when the steps below him fizzled out of existence, and he was falling... up?

No, that couldn't possibly be right... Then again, he was supposed to be dead (but wasn't), so falling up wasn't too farfetched.

Perhaps this was all a bad dream... Yes. This whole scenario was probably all another hallucination caused by some new drug Uncle Colin had slipped into his drink. Still, it never hurt to be cautious... But as Thirry tried to call for assistance, he found that he could not. There were thin tendrils of darkness wrapped all around him (how could he have missed it before?), and the moment he opened his mouth, they filled it, choking out his cry.

He struggled, but the tendrils grew thicker and more taut until he was left wholly immobilized and silent. As the darkness drew him up up and away, he cursed whoever had created this tower and whatever insane urge had compelled him to enter it. No reward, no matter how grand, was worth this.

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #304
Nicki BluIs

Wanda opened her mouth to call out to the man. Suddenly her tongue felt as thick as molasses. Which was fine because she liked molasses but it was now very difficult to scream. Tiny little fingers seemed to be closing around her throat and she was shooting upwards at a high speed. The resulting wind buffeted her everywhich way and Wanda struggled to keep her petticoats from rising over her head.

She wondered if she would stop up-falling anytime soon. She wondered if the others were up-falling too. She wondered if this was how the Princess got to the tippy top of the Tower. She wondered if she was wearing her best bloomers...

3/1/2009 #305
Chasing Skylines

Just as she collapsed into the room, clutching on the rim of a simple table, both Thirry and the lady where tugged up and shot through the ceiling. That is, if that wall of darkness was a ceiling.

There was a tap-tap before the table upturned and shattered. In its place was a rabbit with a saccharine grin. Pearle slumped against the wall a second before it lunged at her throat.

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #306
karma-dollie

There was commotion below. She could feel it. Evil happenings that terrified her more by imagining them than actually seeing them. Ava wrapped her arms around her legs and sobbed harder. A sudden sharp shock raced down her spine and her red rimmed eyes flew open. The room felt darker, each shadow deeper as the sun dropped and the evil grew stronger.

"Please live. Please find me soon. Please live. Please find me soon." She repeated the fruitless mantra to herself in a hushed whisper because it seemed to stir the shadows about her and yet it kept her from throwing herself from the window.

~*~*~*~*~

From down below, a ferocious shadow beast on the second level of the dark tower had sensed prey and it was rather ravenous after so long. Drawing to it what it had captured with its web, two squirming, delicious morsels, the beast with eight massive legs prepared to feast on its wriggling catch. It let them loose with a ferocious THUD in his pitch black chamber and circled, essentially invisible amongst the shadows. Only a low rumble in its throat gave away that it was there, circling, watching, preparing to strike.

3/1/2009 #307
Mira Tsukiyoen

The raven's head titled. Was it just Terek, or did the raven actually laugh? This was getting confusing. And he knew that somewhere within this tower, there was a princess who was unaware of anything. He sighed.

"You raven! How dare thee mock the almighty barbarian? Are you, a simple raven, capable of understanding wrath?" He noticed how it was useless to talk to a raven who didn't understand a thing. So, he aimed, readied, and heaved that big axe at the raven, who flew down just at time. It then used this perfect opportunity to pick at the poor man's head.

It flew in direction of the only entrance it knew, the only way it knew how by still guiding Terek the barbarian. It kept its one claw firmly placed on the barbarian's shoulder, while keeping itself airborne and flying, pulling him with remarkable force.

It led him in front of the door ((Open? Or not open?)) and wherever it was locked, closed, or whatever, blew it open with some sort of magic which was barely believable. It then flew off, leaving Terek alone, mouth open, to stare at the destroyed door.

3/1/2009 #308
Kyllorac

To say that Thirry was upset would be an understatement. He was furious. At what and why, he wasn't sure, but he didn't particularly care at the moment. Willing himself calm, he noted with relief that he could move again.

There was an ominous rumbling circling around him in the pitch black, so he conjured up another ball of light (the first had been extinguished while he had been focused on breaking free) and tossed it high so that it would illuminate the entire area.

It was a good thing he wasn't afraid of spiders, otherwise he would have screamed.

3/1/2009 #309
Chasing Skylines

Pearle shielded her throat with her palm while wheeling away from the feral beast. It had grown in size, about a third her height but twice her width. Its spine curved in a long arc and its black eyes blended with the surrounding abyss. The beast's claws were honed and the only gleam of silver in the room.

It flew at her, limbs outstretched, and smashed through the table. Pearle widened her eyes at the sight of the now substantially grown, sleek pelted creature. She snatched a broken table leg from the splinters and dashed for the stairs -

That weren't there anymore.

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #310
Mira Tsukiyoen

The barbarian's axe fell down - the raven had once again did something impossible - just in front of him. He took the axe, and rushed in; he passed whatever the people before him had, and wondered if they weren't already done. He arrived to see a scene of complete madness. He shied backwards, but obviously didn't go unnoticed.

((I'm confused; where are you guys, actually? I'm having some trouble knowing where I am. D: ))

((I don't want to fill the DP with Off Topic talk. If you join us in the Break Room or Interviews (I think) we can answer any questions. :) ))

3/1/2009 . Edited by karma-dollie, 3/1/2009 #311
Nicki BluIs

Dammit, Wanda thought ot herself. This man had chosen the most awkward moment to turn on the light. Wanda pulled on the over-big pants (They had cost her 6 hair ribbons.) and tucked her gown beneath the scrolls she had packed.

She looked around to survey the new floor. The man was awfully quiet... And then she saw the gargantuan spider hissing and clicking at them. The man was pertirfied.

"Don't worry! I'll save you!" She racked her mind for her a spell. "If you're big and very icky, I shall make you wet and sticky!"

Wanda cringed when she saw the result of her ad-hoc spell. Apparently the man was icky... quite icky indeed...

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #312
Chasing Skylines

No reward, whether it be the rights to the lands and holds of Diamond City itself, could be worth this. If it was, Pearle's life was an unwilling payment.

The beast tackled her to the floor. She scrambled under its weight and kicked at its stomach while seizing its throat. With her free hand, she attempted to bash its head with the table leg. Its strength and agility outmatched her, and the wildcat sent her sprawling with a swat to her head and a rake to her shoulderblade.

A rope secured itself around her neck and wrenched her through the ceiling.

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #313
karma-dollie

The spider reared back at the sudden harassing light, blinding it for a moment. A shrill cry erupted form its fanged mouth and it righted itself on all eight legs. The beast batted at the light source and then, sensing another more vulnerable prey below, backed away and let loose another web through the shadows beneath it, drawing a third meal to its chamber and not letting go of it so easily. Saliva unfriendly to anyone else's touch dripped from its fangs as it hovered over its first course.

3/1/2009 #314
Kyllorac

There are some things in life that no one should experience. Being coated in slime is one of them.

Still, Thirry retained enough presence of mind to keep his eyes on the spider while he shook off the worst of the slime. He pushed the bumbling Wandarella out of his thoughts; he would deal with her later, once he was no longer in danger of being eaten by a giant arachnid.

Fortunately for him, the spider did not like the light, and thus skittered away into some dark corner of its lair. Good riddance! Now, what to do with the incompetent witch...?

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #315
Nicki BluIs

The light was scaring the spider away! Wanda almost hugged the man but upon seeing his sticy clothes she decided a pat on the back was more appropriate.

As the spider cowered from the light, Wanda could make out two little feet kicking to be free.

"The little girl!! The spider's got her!" Wanda grabbed her spell book to make sure she didn't make a mistake this time. But se couldn't find "kill a giant spider and rescue a cute little girl" in the index.

"Well?" she shouted at the man. "You're big and strong! Do something!"

3/1/2009 #316
Chasing Skylines

A menacing, colossal spider was dangling her from a web, its mandibles dripping a foul-looking acid.

She stared down at the splinters embedded in her hand from the table's destruction by the beast. A little pain wouldn't hurt too much.

Pearle gripped the web with her hand and yanked, the wooden fragments tearing through the web and leaving gashes that would become scars.

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #317
Kyllorac

With a sigh, Thirry went to Muffy's rescue, if not for any reason other than that Muffy would be better company than Wanderella. Wandarella would probably nag him to death in any case for not going to Muffy's rescue.

Unsheathing his dagger, Thirry conjured another brilliant ball of light beneath the spider, separating the monster from the girl beneath.

With any luck, he'd temporarily blind Muffy, too.

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #318
Chasing Skylines

Pearle leaped into position after falling. She noticed Thirry had distracted the spider with a glimmering light.

With no time for needless thanks, she surveyed the place.

The spider's lair was a suspended disk. A moat of breaches ringed the area.

Straight ahead was a glimpse of stairs. She darted over and hurtled across the thin aperture. The reward would be a consolation for today's events.

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #319
karma-dollie

More of that awful light! The spider couldn't take it. Though it loved to see its dinner wriggle, it didn't like to see it fight back. And not with that accursed light! Blinded both by light and rage, the monster charged forward, flailing the razor tips of its limbs wildly in hopes of killing its prey. It could settle for dead meals. It tasted the same in the end.

3/1/2009 #320
Nicki BluIs

Wanda was torn. There was the little girl rudely running up the steps after the man had saved her. And there was the man being attacked by the mean spider. She didn't know which way to go or who to follow. The spider's legs were getting closer and closer to the man. Not his face! Wanda liked his face...

She shut her eyes and tried to make it all go away. She rocked on her heels and muttered to herself. "Pli lumo, mortigi araneo. Pli lumo, mortigi araneo."

The man's orb grew bigger and bigger until it seemed to consume the entire room. Wanda didn't notice.. She was still muttering. The spider grew also, swelling in size until his distended body reached its breaking point.

SPLAT.

Wanda wiped the slime of her face. The man was not going to be happy with her.

3/1/2009 #321
Chasing Skylines

The stairs were normal this time around. Pearle touched the wall: it was smooth but real.

She raced up the steps, tripping forward but not caring since she was advancing. She felt a heated light behind her, allowing the cramped passage some brightness before fading. There was a loud squelching noise.

Ignoring it, she came upon a wooden door. She took hold of the doorknob... which in turn pulled her forward and out the -

Window?!

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #322
Kyllorac

Thirry's eyes widened as his orb of light grew larger and larger. It was no longer under his control, and so by all rights it should have gone out, but it only kept growing. As Thirry tried to wrest control back from whatever forced had seized his light, he saw that the spider was expanding too, as if the light were fueling the arachnid's growth.

Just before the spider burst, Thirry made a mad dash for the staircase Muffy had run up earlier, not looking forward to being coated with another tide of slime.

He just made it before a loud SPLAT! sounded behind him, though Thirry kept running up the stairs anyways. The more distance there was between him and that room, the better. As it was, Thirry was running so fast that he almost went right out the door. He reeled and teetered on the edge before finally regaining his balance, only then noticing Muffy's precarious position.

"Need help?" he smirked, one eyebrow raised and a twinkle of amusement present in his eyes.

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #323
Chasing Skylines

"No, I couldn't look for any other ways to die here. Yes, Uncle Thirry." It was more force of habit that she called him that now. Pearle clung to the ledge.

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #324
Nicki BluIs

She was alone. She risked her life trying to save him and he ditched her! Well! Wanda thought. That's the last time I trust strangers! She made a mental note to write that in her notebook later.

Now what? She was alone with the remains of the spider but she didn't know what she was expected to do. When the rabbit had died... the little girl had found a key. Maybe the spider also had a surprise inside?

"Ew, ew, ew..." Wanda stepped over the carcass and squinted to find something useful. Se kicked the spiders belly and treasures spilled out. A spool of spider silk, a gallon of all purpose spider venom and a grappaling hook were her most useful finds.

Wanda gathered these up and stuffed them into her knapsack. As she did she dictated her knew lessons to her note pad. "1) Scavenging is not shameful. It is resourceful. 2) The biology books got the anatomy of the spider all wrong."

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #325
Kyllorac

Thirry grabbed the girl by her collar and hoisted her up to safety. He had some questions he wanted to ask her, and it wouldn't do to have her die on him before she answered them.

"Now that we're no longer in any imminent danger of dying, mind telling me what happened after I died?"

3/1/2009 #326
Chasing Skylines

"I left you a letter and Wordy's miniature - Where's Wordy? - then my specters found you dead. They buried you while I was on a ship to the east. You don't know why you're alive?"

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #327
karma-dollie

Ava had to sit on her hands to stop herself from covering her eyes, fearful of what her imagination would make up. From the sounds brought up to her through the laughing of the shadows, overwhelmed with gaiety at her plight, she knew bad things were happening below. Dark things were awake, things she wished had never been given cursed life. She rose to the window again clinging with cramped fingers. She looked out to Diamond City, glittering in the night. She glanced downward, knowing hope now was useless yet she had nowhere else to look, and saw...no!

A person was there! One of the soldiers was inside and was now dangling outside. But he couldn't possible be a solider. Even from this grand distance she could tell as much. But that didn't mean the person couldn't help. If he was a little higher, perhaps his hearing was a little better.

"Hello! Can you--?" she started to shout. Unfortunately the swinging person was pulled inside before Ava could finish her call, hopefully by a friend and not one of the evil shadowy beasts that surely resided within the tower. Her throat was thankful, but her heart wasn't. Another missed opportunity. She slid to the ground and hugged her torn up skirts close once again.

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #328
Kyllorac

"You don't know where Wordy is?" Thirry sighed and cradled his face in his hands. Oh, the ironies of life - he only hoped that tracking down Wordy wouldn't cost him his life... again. "No, I don't know why I'm alive, or even how. In any case..." Thirry cleared his throat nervously and averted his eyes from Muffy's before muttering, "thank you for the burial."

3/1/2009 #329
Chasing Skylines

"No, but can't you track her down? I'm sorry about that. Thanks for helping me now and before." Thirry coughed, avoided her eyes, then thanked her.

"It was nothing," she said. "You're here to rescue the princess? I think we should hurry before more spiders or rabbits get us."

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #330
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Kyllorac karma-dollie, Denizen47, Chasing Skylines, Nicki BluIs
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member