Dialogue Play
Having trouble writing a character? Can't quite pin down their personality? Then this is the place for you! Come here and play your character as we put them through their paces. We'll help you find what makes them tick - and have fun while we're at it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »
Kyllorac

Well, I have an early class tomorrow, so I'm off.

*is so very satisfied with how the act ended*

2/19/2009 #2,971
karma-dollie

Post order? Nah. But yeah, it went swell.

Did you really just use the word "swell?" Haha! I kid. ;p It was awesome. :) Please warn me if I seem to make too many characters, though.

2/19/2009 #2,972
Chasing Skylines

G'Night, Kylie. Bye.

2/19/2009 #2,973
karma-dollie

Byebye, Kylie!

And congrats on our spectacular DP! I'm super satisfied too!

2/19/2009 #2,974
Chasing Skylines

Hm, I'm considering a Supernatural: Fantasy/Romance fic... I'll get to go historical and add some intrigue.

Reading Angels and Demons makes me want to add conspiracies or something... Heheh. XD

2/19/2009 . Edited 2/19/2009 #2,975
karma-dollie

Hm, I'm considering a Supernatura: Fantasy/Romance fic... I'll get to go historical and add some intrigue.

Supernatural, fantasy AND romance? Wow. ;p

And conspiracies are made of win. I've got one that leads to a huge war! Now I just need to learn how to write about a war...and to make the conspiracy less...stupid. Haha!

2/19/2009 #2,976
Chasing Skylines

And conspiracies are made of win. I've got one that leads to a huge war! Now I just need to learn how to write about a war...and to make the conspiracy less...stupid. Haha!

An example of a real war? :) Continue reading A Game of Thrones/ASOIAF.

Supernatural, fantasy AND romance? Wow. ;p

Yah. I think I might remove the romance... and possibly the supernatural. Oh wait. XD

2/19/2009 . Edited 2/19/2009 #2,977
karma-dollie

...is it bad that I'm very tempted to reread the F-DP act? I reread the last few posts like ten times. Haha!

2/19/2009 #2,978
Chasing Skylines

...is it bad that I'm very tempted to reread the F-DP act? I reread the last few posts like ten times. Haha!

What's wrong with rereading the F-DP Act, besides spotting my jagged characterization? =P

XD

2/19/2009 #2,979
karma-dollie

What's wrong with rereading the F-DP Act, besides spotting my jagged characterization? =P

Nothing I guess. Outsiders might think it strange, but they don't understand the beautiful play we just performed. Epic!

I'm gonna need to read it again when I write EPICDS. Heehee!

2/19/2009 #2,980
Chasing Skylines

Nothing I guess. Outsiders might think it strange, but they don't understand the beautiful play we just performed. Epic!

Hell yeah. Epic win!

I'm gonna need to read it again when I write EPICDS. Heehee!

Haha... I should probably reread it sometime soon, then, for Muffy's story. XD

2/19/2009 #2,981
karma-dollie

Haha... I should probably reread it sometime soon, then, for Muffy's story. XD

When you said you uploaded a new story, for a minute I thought you meant you took Walls Torn Asunder down to put it back up with the new Muffy you discovered. Haha!

2/19/2009 #2,982
Chasing Skylines

When you said you uploaded a new story, for a minute I thought you meant you took Walls Torn Asunder down to put it back up with the new Muffy you discovered. Haha!

XD

Radio, I don't edit/rewrite that fast. XD

2/19/2009 #2,983
karma-dollie

Radio, I don't edit/rewrite that fast. XD

Well, duh! I realize that like ten seconds later. You put the Beauty and the Beast twist up with the purple prose-y summary. You're good at descriptions. :)

*adds to To Do List*

2/19/2009 #2,984
Chasing Skylines

Well, duh! I realize that like ten seconds later. You put the Beauty and the Beast twist up with the purple prose-y summary. You're good at descriptions. :)

Haha. At least you realized it yourself.

Purple prose-y summary? Oh god, no. That is not good description. Crapolini is stalking me... I swear I didn't used to love Eragon! Your silent accusations...!

*adds to To Do List*

Are you still sure it's a list, and not an archive by now? XD

2/19/2009 . Edited 2/19/2009 #2,985
karma-dollie

Haha. At least you realized it yourself.

I do have some smart moments. :)

Purple prose-y summary? Oh god, no. That is not good description. Crapolini is stalking me... I swear I didn't used to love Eragon! Your silent accusations...!

Haha! Don't hold me to any purple prose accusations. I figure if I like it, it must be too much. ;p No, but it sounds nice and very image filled. You can judge for yourself.

Are you still sure it's a list, and not an archive by now? XD

*ignores smiley*

*adds story to To Do archive*

2/19/2009 #2,986
Chasing Skylines

I do have some smart moments. :)

I'm sure you have more than some. :)

Haha! Don't hold me to any purple prose accusations. I figure if I like it, it must be too much. ;p No, but it sounds nice and very image filled. You can judge for yourself.

Ah, haha. Nice and image-filled? Well, just hope I didn't overdo it and fry someone's elses brain... XD

*adds story to To Do archive*

Because of that I'm still giving you a golden star. :D

2/19/2009 #2,987
karma-dollie

Ah, haha. Nice and image-filled? Well, just hope I didn't overdo it and fry someone's elses brain... XD

Don't wanna confuse people even more. ;p I still laugh when I think of Kylie's response to that paragraph I posted. Haha!

Because of that I'm still giving you a golden star. :D

*preens*

2/19/2009 #2,988
karma-dollie

I'm sure you have more than some. :)

Aw! :D Don't let RGers hear you talking like that. They'll start stupid stuff. ;p

2/19/2009 #2,989
Chasing Skylines

Don't wanna confuse people even more. ;p I still laugh when I think of Kylie's response to that paragraph I posted. Haha!

Which paragraph and what response?

The extra-long, edited in one?

2/19/2009 #2,990
Chasing Skylines

Aw! :D Don't let RGers hear you talking like that. They'll start stupid stuff. ;p

Maybe they'll divorce us instead? XD

2/19/2009 . Edited 2/19/2009 #2,991
karma-dollie

Which paragraph and what response?

The very very very purple one from PG's story. About the spires and the flowers and the castle.

Maybe they'll divorce us instead? XD

A pair of wizards can dream. ;p

2/19/2009 #2,992
Chasing Skylines

The very very very purple one from PG's story. About the spires and the flowers and the castle.

Oh, that one, ah, haha. I do much more purple prose than that... XD

2/19/2009 #2,993
karma-dollie

Oh, that one, ah, haha. I do much more purple prose than that... XD

O_O Such a thing exists? That was the purpliest of purple I've ever gone.

2/19/2009 #2,994
Chasing Skylines

O_O Such a thing exists? That was the purpliest of purple I've ever gone.

Not sure, yours was pretty purple... Bruised, even. XD

The merchant’s bounty some god had spread over the grass sparkled in the sunlight before their liquid souls lifted from the trim stalks. A tender breeze ruffled the tree leaves. The drizzling of the fountain spray blended with the leave’s tingles. The palace garden was its usual grandeur.

---

The sun briefed the clouds of its awakening. Every past minute welcomed clearer cut clouds, crisp and stark against the tapestry called sunrise. The sickle of moon faded to let the sun and clouds rule their daytime dominion. And yet, sneaking under the shadows of a wall, Lyll remained hidden.

He sprinted across the garden. The morning’s beauty had faded to above average, but the menacing light glided ahead. It bathed the grass, trees, flowers, and fountains in a menacing blaze. It backed him against the wall.

The red light flowed, danced, and flashed; an exotic dancer cloaked in red. It swayed, and swirls of crimson extended, grasping his headband. The tendrils hooked the black strip and tugged. Lyll found himself stumbling forwards. There was a drill at his mind, digging only one thought: to go to the light. His knees buckled. He stared at his hands, clinging, scouring on to the dirt.

I guess these aren't too bad...

2/19/2009 #2,995
Chasing Skylines

One thing I didn't like was your use of description in the beginning. It just felt like you were throwing words at us, like I was being read the thesaurus or something. I'd suggest taking out some of the adjectives or something. It felt very "purple proseish" (which I think was the subject of a recent freebie). I'm not very good with description myself, but this just felt like an overabundance of it.

Yeah I fail.

2/19/2009 #2,996
karma-dollie

Yeah I fail.

You'll learn to curb that talent of yours. If you think it's enough description, take some away. :)

2/19/2009 #2,997
Kyllorac

No... >.>

I've already reread it. Twice. XD

2/20/2009 #2,998
Kyllorac

Yeah I fail.

XD

Compare my normal stuff to your stuff, and then write something in between. :P Perfect balance, I say!

2/20/2009 #2,999
Kyllorac

And, yes, I know I'm talking to myself right now.

The two of you had better backread. :P

2/20/2009 #3,000
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Kyllorac karma-dollie, Denizen47, Chasing Skylines, Nicki BluIs
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member