These rules apply to all the Dialogue Plays. Please note that these rules may be updated at any time, so check back frequently.
1. All characters in the Plays (with the exception of Act-specific characters) must belong to a story. The story need not be published on FP, but creating a character simply to participate in a Play is not permitted. This is not a role-play forum; this is a forum that utilizes role-play as a tool to improve writing.
2. Be polite and courteous to your fellow players.
3. Please follow the proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation conventions. While the occasional spelling/grammar error is nothing to worry about, tiping leik dis iz not exceptible11!1
This also means that dialogue will be enclosed in quotation marks "like so." Narrative/actions need not be denoted by special punctuation.
4. All Off-Topic (not character dialogue/narration) posts/portions of your post must be contained in double parentheses. ((Example.))
We recommend that you conduct most of your Off-Topic chatter in The Break Room to keep the Plays from becoming cluttered.
5. Due to the nature of the Plays, and in order to keep the various topics tidy, we ask that you do not double post! The edit option is your best friend.
The only place where double posts are acceptable is in The Break Room.
6. Due to the cooperative nature of the Plays, post order is heavily encouraged (though not absolutely necessary). In addition, you are required to make at least one post per day if you are currently involved in a Play. The minimum post requirements, if they differ from this baseline, will be mentioned in the first post of each Act.
If you do not meet the minimum post requirements, you will be forfeiting your character's turn. If you continue to fail to post in the Play, the Act Manager has the option to write your character out of that Act.
In order to prevent the latter from happening, please post in On Vacation to let us know that you'll be away and for how long.
7. The Mods' words are law. If you disagree with their rulings, feel free to bring it up in Chill Pill. PMing the offending Mod (or any other Mod) to complain is a bannable offense. In addition, issues between Players should also be brought up in Chill Pill.
In the context of a Play, the Act Manager has same authority as a Mod. This authority does not extend outside the play, though (so if you are an AM, don't let it get to your head :P).
List of Bannable Offenses
1. Failure to follow the rules. First offense will net you a warning. Second offense will net you a 3 day ban. Repeated offenses will net you a permaban.
2. PMing a Mod without good reason. This will result in a 1 week ban for the first offense, a permaban after the second.
*Having a DP-unrelated conversation with a Mod through PMs does not count.
3. Directly disobeying a Mod. Instant permaban right there.
4. Spamming. If you spam anywhere except The Break Room, instant permaban.
5. Trolling. If you troll, instant permaban. Trolling, in this context, is to instigate a flame war.
6. Flaming. The first offense will earn you a warning plus a 1 day cool down ban. If you continue to flame, you will be permabanned. Flaming, in this case, is defined as participating in a flame war.
» If you have any questions about the rules, ask them in Interviews.1/27/2009 . Edited 3/19/2009 #1
|Forum Moderators: Kyllorac karma-dollie, Denizen47, Chasing Skylines, Nicki BluIs|
|Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member|