Dialogue Play
Having trouble writing a character? Can't quite pin down their personality? Then this is the place for you! Come here and play your character as we put them through their paces. We'll help you find what makes them tick - and have fun while we're at it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2
Kittens of Evil

Name: Bailey

Story Title (with link if possible): Dasheboukou: The Last Death Wolf (A novel in progress.)

Brief Summary: After the death of his mother, Dasheboukou sets out to kill his mother's murderer, with the help of a fox named Felidae, a wolf named Sonoura, and a kit named Kachii.

But that's not only where our story takes place.

Our story takes place, most of the time, with Bailey, a thirteen-foot-tall Kaposi wolf who lives as an assassin and has a split personality. She, being paid by an unknown source, has been sent to kill Dasheboukou. And she'll stop at nothing to complete her goals...

Physical Appearance: Thirteen feet tall. She has mountain goat horns and has mainly brown, black, tan, and white fur. Her eyes are like a snake's: green, tempting, fearless.

Basic Personality: Very perverted. A hypocrite and a jokester since birth, she's eaten anything and everything she could get her paws on. She has some sort of a heart, letting children go free, but will usually not hesitate to kill anyone. Bailey cracks jokes to the point where she's nearly killed at times, and isn't the smartest of Kaposi wolves. She takes nothing seriously and will criticize everyone and everything if it's not exactly to her liking.

Brief Backstory: Once upon a time, there lived a cute little five-foot-tall Kaposi wolf pup.

That bit. Friggen. EVERYTHING.

Her teeth have grown extremely sharp, and she now bears them as a weapon. Her parents abandoned her at a young age, and from then on, she was forced to fend for herself.

Which didn't really matter, since she loved every second of it.

6/27/2012 #31
Flipp Hyacinth

Name: Morchetta Solace

Story Title (with link if possible): It's actually not written yet, but the title will be something like : My Dad is A Skeleton, Yes He Is (written for FF.net, Skulduggery Pleasant fanfiction)

Brief Summary: Skulduggery's daughter, estranged to him (she fought on Lord Vile's side, and he later brought her to justice, such as it was, for numerous homicide charges- murder, attempted murder, first-degree murder, second-degree murder, third-degree murder, mass homicide.) She escaped and changed her identity. Skulduggery is trying to re-establish contact with her, but failing.

Physical Appearance: Short black hair, light brown eyes, olive skin. Long nose and face, very thin.

Basic Personality: Impulsive and headstrong. Very much a fame-hunter, she fought with Vile to try to gain a reputation for viciousness and altogether evilness. Morchetta is somewhat superficial, mostly desiring fame and fortune more than anything else.

Brief Backstory: Mmm.. mostly contained in the summary.

1/24/2013 #32
littlemisslibrarian

((So I just post here and get started, right?))

Name: Bandit

Story Title (with link if possible): Cave In(sequel to Underground)

Brief Summary: It has been three months since the events in Underground took place. Cottontail and Crystal now have twins, and Cottontail's triplet siblings are still in slavery. After months of working to death and being brainwashed, they have had enough. They escape and vow revenge on Cottontail for abandoning them.

Physical Appearance: Bandit is a small brown rabbit with a black head and ears, and a white tail. She has a holster around her waist to hold her laser gun.

Basic Personality: She is very confused and has no morals. She's trying to decide what's right and what's wrong. So far, she has established that she and her brothers need to protect each other, and that enslaving and torturing kittens (baby rabbits) is wrong. She is also quick to shoot at anything she percieves as a threat.

Brief Backstory: As far as she knows, her older brother Cottontail hated her and her brothers and turned them over to the Supreme Army, an evil group of rabbits whose goal is to enslave and/or exterminate all lop-ears and humans. They were brainwashed and forced to work all day making guns for the troops. In reality, their brother had to choose between giving them up with the possibility of rescue later, or letting the enemy kill them.

Name: Colt

Brief Summary: It has been three months since the events in Underground took place. Cottontail and Crystal now have twins, and Cottontail's triplet siblings are still in slavery. After months of working to death and being brainwashed, they have had enough. They escape and vow revenge on Cottontail for abandoning them.

Physical Appearance: Colt is a small brown rabbit with black ears and a white tail. He has a holster around his waist to hold his laser gun.

Basic Personality: He, like his siblings, is very confused and has no morals due to being brainwashed. He likes to shut the world out by playing games and competing against other rabbits.

Brief Backstory: The same as his sister and brother.

Name: Ferret

Physical Appearance: Ferret is a small brown rabbit with black paws and a white tail. He has a holster around his waist to hold his laser gun.

Basic Personality: He, like his siblings, is very confused. However, he is more easygoing and trustworthy. While his siblings tend to be agressive, he tries to avoid fights. He's also very talkative, which can be a bad thing and often is. He also has a bit of an addiction issue with hallucinogenic mushrooms.

Brief Backstory: The same as his sister and brother.

2/12/2013 . Edited 2/12/2013 #33
thefenox

Name: Mark

Story Title (with link if possible):Marked by the Beast

Brief Summary: After the biblical apocalypse an atheist tries to survive in a world ruled by satan

Physical Appearance: Tall, Blond Haired blue eyed, physically 33 year old

Basic Personality: Generally depressed and grief stricken with the occasional flare of cynical humor

Brief Backstory: He survived the rapture and led a small group of atheists to found a small village mostly independent of the devil and his armies. This peace however has come at a terrible price and Mark no longer has the confidence in himself need to lead his people.

2/12/2013 #34
Matseyeoner

Name: Wolphen Grayson

Story Title (with link if possible): In Wonderful Ruin. (not uploaded yet. You can read my profile page to get an idea of the story and world I've created.)

Brief Summary: The adventures of five party member's journeying to discover.

Physical Appearance: Wears a cloak type coat (browned and riddled with bullets and cut-holes, as with trousers, goggles to block out sunlight (due to everyone being able to adapt rapidly (although in my case it like other's became permanent.)). A tooth hangs on rope made from hair (both from the same animal, a friend who died.) I am scar riddled due to a lot of duels and battles.

Basic Personality: Seemingly uncaring of the human condition and nature. Disregarding of most things. Respectful of others (albeit a few.) I don't believe that there is honour in killing and so I don't care much for fairness and so-called honour. I prefer to end suffering as quick and painless as possible, hence I dub the stealthy approach to killing. Most see this as cowardice but what do they know. Most people seem to think of me as bigoted, I see myself as skilled and deserving. My role in life has I guess hardened me to emotion, which can be somewhat cold-hearted and careless. I have no time to stop and feel when there is work to be done.

Brief Backstory: In a world a few hundred years after the initial 'end of the world', life grows hard and uncontrollable. It is by my hands that I and other's shall balance natures will. Radiation has killed most of the human population but those who survived gained extreme advances of adaptive mutations, but for a few like me these adaptations stick. (heightened vision in darkness, essentially darkness becomes light whilst light becomes darkness. which blinds me hence the goggles. body grows hotter due to the coldness, under the sun clothing tightens and burns hence the minimalist look. After meeting with four other's my goals have become more clear and in helping them I help myself.

4/3/2013 #35
Matseyeoner

Name: Wolphen Grayson

Story Title (with link if possible): In Wonderful Ruin. (not uploaded yet. You can read my profile page to get an idea of the story and world I've created.)

Brief Summary: The adventures of five party member's journeying to discover.

Physical Appearance: Wears a cloak type coat (browned and riddled with bullets and cut-holes, as with trousers, goggles to block out sunlight (due to everyone being able to adapt rapidly (although in my case it like other's became permanent.)). A tooth hangs on rope made from hair (both from the same animal, a friend who died.) I am scar riddled due to a lot of duels and battles.

Basic Personality: Seemingly uncaring of the human condition and nature. Disregarding of most things. Respectful of others (albeit a few.) I don't believe that there is honour in killing and so I don't care much for fairness and so-called honour. I prefer to end suffering as quick and painless as possible, hence I dub the stealthy approach to killing. Most see this as cowardice but what do they know. Most people seem to think of me as bigoted, I see myself as skilled and deserving. My role in life has I guess hardened me to emotion, which can be somewhat cold-hearted and careless. I have no time to stop and feel when there is work to be done.

Brief Backstory: In a world a few hundred years after the initial 'end of the world', life grows hard and uncontrollable. It is by my hands that I and other's shall balance natures will. Radiation has killed most of the human population but those who survived gained extreme advances of adaptive mutations, but for a few like me these adaptations stick. (heightened vision in darkness, essentially darkness becomes light whilst light becomes darkness. which blinds me hence the goggles. body grows hotter due to the coldness, under the sun clothing tightens and burns hence the minimalist look. After meeting with four other's my goals have become more clear and in helping them I help myself.

4/3/2013 #36
Kicks-and-Giggles

Kay, so these characters are actually from mythology, but there was no Introductions: Mythology so I figure I'd post here since this is where they most "likely" fit? Please let me know if I'm wrong and I'll change my post immediately to the appropriate topic!

Name: Demon King Tharakasur

Story Title (with link if possible): Shakti: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3141230/1/Shakti

Brief Summary: This is a story about a Hindu goddess, Adi Shakti, who is first born as a human being to the King and Queen of the Himalayas. It details how Adi Shakti eventually finds her way to her "soul mate", Lord Shiva.

Physical Appearance: As a demon, Tharakasur has generally dark features. He is tall and pretty bulky because he was born and raised in a life of battle and war. In his neighborhood, you either bulk up and beat up the other kids or you get beaten up yourself. He has black hair that hangs to his shoulders and is typically greasy because demons aren't really known for being "well-washed." He wears a crown of black metal and chest-armor of the same material. He wears a black "dhoti" or silk pantaloons-ish thingies on the lower half.

Basic Personality: Like every other demon, Tharakasur is pretty much wired for three things: power, power, power! All he wants to do is become the king of the three major worlds: Pathal Lok (demon land), Earth, and Indra Lok (Heaven). He's a ruthless leader and is willing to go to any lengths to get what he wants. Nonetheless, he's also blinded by his need for power and doesn't realize when to stop trying or when he's overstepping his limits (and thus incurring the wrath of the gods).

Brief Back-story: It's said that Tharakasur was born to a demon that was pretty un-Demon-like in that he didn't like fighting all that much. His mother, however, was a very ambitious lady who always pushed him towards war and taking over the kingdom, etc. Tharakasur learned the importance of winning the gods' favors through prayer from his father. So for many many many years, he prayed with utmost devotion to Lord Shiva until he received a boon that he couldn't be killed by anyone other than Lord Shiva's son. Lord Shiva is reputed to be a loner, a vagabond, and a kinda' quirky-looking guy so Tharakasur thought he would never have a son. Essentially, Tharakasur thought he had cheated death... until Adi Shakti comes into the world and becomes all lovey-dovey with Lord Shiva and then all goes to Patal Lok for Tharakasur.

Name: Queen Menavati (or Mena for short)

Story Title (with link if possible): Shakti: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3141230/1/Shakti

Brief Summary: This is a story about a Hindu goddess, Adi Shakti, who is first born as a human being to the King and Queen of the Himalayas (King Himavat and Queen Menavati). It details how Adi Shakti eventually finds her way to her "soul mate", Lord Shiva.

Physical Appearance: Mena is hundreds of years old, but looks about 50, I'd say. She's about 5'6 (taller than average for an Indian woman) and more "rounded" in figure, but not large by any means. She's a queen so she's always well-groomed; she has dark black hair that she usually wears in a bun with lots of jewels studded throughout, black eyes that are always lined in kohl, and she holds herself like she's born and bred in royalty (which she is). Very motherly-appearing woman! She's not always *quick* to smile, but smiles often enough (i.e. she's not one of those frigid cold queens... although she is the queen of the Himalayas, so you'd think she'd be very "cold"... ha).

Basic Personality: Mena is a great queen; she cares a lot about her people and is actively involved with "community service"-type things along with her husband. In terms of her family, she would live and die for her daughter(s). She's a very loving mother, albeit somewhat overbearing because she wants everything to be "perfect" in her daughter(s)'s life/lives. She's not quick to get scared away from a fight because she's seen plenty of battle in her life. Nonetheless, it's not like she's an expert swords-woman or anything, so she gets scared like any normal person would and just pushes past it. Basically, she's just a very average woman, but unique in that she's royalty and overbearing.

Brief Backstory: Mena was a spirited child and was wed to King Himavat at a relatively young age. She loves her husband very much and has become an excellent queen to the people of the Himalayas and a supportive wife. Her "overbearing-ness" comes from the fact that she previously "lost" her first daughter, Ganga, who left her parents to go live with the gods in Heaven because she "fell in love" with Lord Shiva, who in turn rejected her. So it's not that she doesn't think Shiva is not a god or that he shouldn't ever be prayed to, etc, but she bristles every time she hears his name. It's also why she becomes increasingly freaked out when her second daughter starts showing signs of being a Shiva-worshiper too.

8/8/2013 #37
Haley J. Froehlich

Name: The Storyteller (has been given various names, but doesn't really accept them)

Story Title: The Storyteller

Brief Summary: A hermit on a hill in the middle of a forest tries to handle the re-introduction of humans to his/her/its lifestyle.

Physical Appearance: Very tall-- somewhere near 6 and 1/2 feet. Pale, yellowy skin, that actively remains pale despite living in the middle of a forest without any clothes. One black eye (left) and one light blue (right), both deeply ringed and made darker under thick black eyebrows. A sharply hooked nose, comparable to a raven's beak. Tight, unfriendly-looking lips, most often drawn down into a frown or scowl. Hollowed cheeks underneath high cheekbones. Messy black hair cut at odd angles without a mirror, but with some growth, making it look like feathers. Easily an often mistaken for either gender, never confirming either way; either way, not a very attractive person. Approximately 27 years old, give or take.

Basic Personality: The Storyteller is a person that when viewed from the outside seems very cold, but is intense and passionate internally, with the calm practice of more than a decade of meditation and seclusion. Dislikes most people on principle, but when it makes friends, it is loyal and caring, if a bit unpracticed in interpersonal interactions. Thus, it can act inappropriately in trying to interact with others, which only makes things more difficult for it. The occasional flashes of foresight cause it to go into a trance-state where it channels them into book-form, a log that it doesn't look at due to a sense of fair play and honour. A very mysterious, cerebral sort. Lives more in its head than anywhere else.

Brief Backstory: The Storyteller lived a normal childhood, and made it halfway through adolescence before finally separating itself from modern society to live in the peace of the forest. There it met two crows, a mated pair, with the male injured from a fight with another crow, and nursed it back to health. In the process it gained two steadfast friends, and taught them language. They existed for a further five years until two royal ladies from Elsewhere sought out the advice and knowledge of the Storyteller-made-legend-by-word-of-mouth. Then, it was pulled into an epic quest to save the youngest three children of their family, who had disappeared suddenly. This does not make for an easy transition.

8/8/2013 #38
LiVEWiRE360
NAME: Daisuke Maebara STORY TITLE: Computer Buster BRIEF SUMMARY: Daisuke Maebara is a 17 yr old whom one day finds out hes the last member of a powerful species known as the Computer Buster PHYSICAL APPEARANCE: Has dark chocolate brown messy hair (always messy) with vibrant green eyes. His skin is slightly dark. He has a small thin body, usually seen wearing a t-shirt and blue jeans with sneakers. Sometimes seen wearing dark green cargo pants with a navy blue tank top. Hes 5'8". BASIC PERSONALITY: Daisuke is known for his kind meek and gentleness. Being very mannerly, he also appears to be very sensitive. He may have low self esteem and stress plays a dominate role in his life. He can be very loyal and caring to his friends and even animals. Hes never in check with his own feelings however and resorts to reckless acts sometimes. He loves sports and especially running. He can be pretty hyper when it comes to action. Being very tolerant with others, he rarely ever gets angry. He takes good care of himself, except when it comes to brushing his hair. He doesnt mind dressing up, but is otherwise easygoing, polite, and lets his appearance hang loose. BACKSTORY: Daisuke has only grown up with a kind mother to care for him. Although, when she passed, he lived in the house alone with his friend Mike. He never really knew his father, for he ran out when he was an infant. They lived in a small house as a middle class family. His childhood friend, Ami, would spend large amounts of time with him. This cheered him up about his mothers passing.
8/31/2014 #39
glacies

Name: Donte Lunsford

Story Title (with link if possible): WIP

Brief Summary: Their are two parts to the world, the one you see, and the magical one only a few can see. Donte is a demonoligist (That's his title for now) who has noticed increased magical power and activity in a military town. Applying as an Airforce trainee Donte finds more than he bargained for. (That's the general idea of the story so far, the plot is sill in progress as I need to work the final details out, so it might be subject to change overtime.)

Physical Appearance: medium long, shaggy, blond hair, blue eyes. Smaller for his age.

Basic Personality: very curious about the world around him, but a bit of an introvert, he has a hard time getting a long with people.

Brief Backstory: Donte has always lived on the run due to his parents job, and his eventual choice of job.

9/4/2014 #40
A Winter Drop

I put her in supernatural, but then after exploring the forum, I realized she belongs in fantasy, I'm sorry

Name: Jayda

Story Title: Death Keeper

Brief Summary:(This is the stories if you mean about her I made another one) Rina is the current death keeper she has studied hard and is ready to destroy the demon king and break the curse that is given to keepers can she with the help of her friends complete the quest?

Brief Summary: Jayda is a dust-keeper at the default rank, rank c, she uses her dust like any other dust-keeper, ads some life energy and it makes magic (it is not decided what power her dust will have yet)

Physical Appearance: straight hair dyed pink in a pony tail that goes down a little way past her shoulders and lime green eyes

Basic Personality: Jayda is quite the smart alac girl, that has tons of attitude. Jayda also is known to hide any sad emotion she feels and is short tempered

Brief Backstory: This is why I need help with the character, I can't think of a backstory and she has no character development

9/6/2014 #41
LasyBasil

Name:

Kian Threngeld

Story Title:

Keeper's Curse ( Graphic novel that's still in the fleshing out stages. Operating title : Why The Hell Did I Decide To Do This To Myself. )

Brief Summary:

Oh jeez, he's a complicated guy. Mainly because he's got two separate personality halves I need to work on. And no, he doesn't have multiple personality disorder, and yes, it's complicated. In the shortest way I can present it, he's got the super magic power to manipulate that which once lived. For example, he can shift a scarf made of natural fibers into a bitching cloak lickety split, but he can also manipulate corpses and other such wonderfully disgusting things, so yeah. Powerful shit he's got there.

But the way my universe works, magic comes at a price. Kian's particular punishment is that the more he uses his powers, the more he corrupts his soul. So, obviously, you can tell the basic implications of his ability to do powerful magic. As the story progresses, he slowly but surely becomes a rather nasty individual that no one in their right mind wants to be around him.

Physical Appearance:

I'm physically trying to restrain myself from running away with my words here, so please, if you need any clarifications here just ask and I will willingly and happily grab the doodle sheet I made of him and upload it.

To start off with, Kian's got two distinctive physical traits that differentiate him from the crowd. One, his hair, and two, his scars. In the most simple words, on top of his head he's got a spiky white blond mop that's actually pretty normal in length but the bangs are hella long, reaching down nearly to the bottom of his nose and effectively obscuring nearly all hope of catching sight of the icy blue of his irises. His scars are just as hidden, cloaked by some heavy white bandages running from his upper arms to his palm in order to keep secret the long swirling dark scar wrapping around both of his arms. Btw, having any such disfiguration of the sort marks a natural born magic user and when he uses his powers, both the scars and his eyes glow a unnerving blood red.

As for everything else, he's basically colorless - white blond hair, white blue eyes and super fair skin don't give much in terms of vibrant shades - but he's got a very lithe figure. Just slightly taller than average at 5'10" but leanly muscled and trim. He isn't overtly handsome, but it's not like he's ugly either. His looks plus his personality at there beginning makes him quite the man to bring home to mum.

Due to his job - which will be explained in the backstory - he has a uniform consisting mainly of a tank top/vest cowl neck thing that's better seen than described, a pair of light colored breeches, some hella boots and a nice little messenger bag to carry bits and bobs, most trimmed in at least some variation of purple.

Basic Personality:

This outlines both his nice sweet beginner half, and his evil, dirty ending half. I need to flesh both out some more, and in case you can't tell, I've definitely made the most work with the nice half - but I'm having the worst trouble figuring out how to meld the two together for the middle of the story. I dunno, maybe it'll help to just let it happen but I'm gonna try to work it out anyways.

He starts off as this weak ass prissy dork butt who only wants to do good unto the world and has absolutely no idea of the depths of what I have planned for him and his soul. He likes people, and he's a kind boy who helps old ladies and actually enjoys children, he has a permanent happy smile smile on his face, and he's a very optimistic individual. But when confronted with all of the absolute bad of this world, he breaks down, his whole self broken by the simple fact that he actually can't fix it all, despite his previous intentions. You know, the average breed of moral piece of shit main character you see running around town.

Enter mystery halfway personality points.

Stuff and things.

Exit mystery halfway personality points.

I'm having some troubles nailing down his bad half personality beyond the words nasty, cruel, and so fucked up he literally doesn't realize how bad he's become. But basically, villain material with a twist. I mean, it's not like he goes around torturing kitties and pushing around nerds. He's moved on to the big leagues. To put it into light, he's the revolution's official torturer and hit man. He's so good at his job that they literally don't need another person to back him up, even though they plan overthrow an entire kingdom. So yeah. He gets into some despicable stuff later on in the story and his personality changes with his environment.

Brief Backstory:

Kian here's got the usual history of most hero types nowadays. He's an orphan, abandoned so young that the most he can remember us this mysterious recurring dream of a woman screaming in pain and some very threatening chuckles and threats as he runs away. Well, not too mysterious to the reader, but it takes a while for Kian to catch on. But anyways, after that wonderful event he gets picked up by his teacher (Working name : Sir Sensei of the Magics) who raises him well, teaches him how to magic, and basically molds all of beginning Kian before not so unexpectedly disappearing. (Remember the repercussion for magic thing? Prime example.) But Kian saw this coming - Sensei is a prepared individual and knows the in and outs of his magic - and while he's distraught, he moves on and does a mostly decent job at life. Luckily, before Sensei passed away, he got Kian a job as a Keeper - more specially a Keeper for Governmental Affairs. This job is loosely defined as message carrier and miscellaneous job doer. Basically, he does a little bit of everything for a little bit of everyone, but specializes in letter delivering. And that's about where the main story steps in and I get to wreak havoc on his everything. So yeah. Fun times to be had all around.

P.S. I had to skim over so many important setting things to his personality and character, so any questions, please, ask. I love to gush about this guy, you have no idea. I welcome any and all advances.

9/18/2014 #42
DoktorJackal

Post Deleted

8/29/2015 . Edited 9/3/2015 #43
KarmasSin

Name: Aura Maylee

Story Title (with link if possible): Karma's Sin (I posted the story on this site)

Brief Summary: A happy Okami(wolf) girl traveling with her older sister Laphara(21) and younger sister Psyflaera(13) They want to find their older sister Ezymae so they can be a family again but they don't want to run into their abusive older brother.

Physical Appearance: Aura is an Okami(wolf) girl with silver wolf ears and tail and her hair and eyes are also silver. 17 years old.

Basic Personality: Aura has a very optimistic outlook on life. She's all about making people happy, helping people and wants to see the good in everyone. She is also very cutesy, hyperactive, modest and trusts people easily. Even if she senses someone might have a really bad ulterior motive she still pursues the thought that she can help them choose to do the right thing.

Brief Backstory: Aura was born under a strange light of aura and it seems because of that she has a lot of dense aura around her.. It may have also given her the ability to see aura's and feel basic emotions from them.[it's like she can read emotions through the persons aura but it's more of an empathetic part of her ability.]

2/6/2016 #44
Wildcat227

Name: Fred

Story title: Emia's Heroes ((I don't know how to put a link, sorry.))

Brief summary: (( is this for the story? I hope so. )) an ancient prophecy has been retold, and the hunt for the chosen ones is on. a group of eight teens find out that six of them are the chosen. coming from many different back grounds they find it hard to get along sometimes, but can they save their world if they don't come together?

Physical Appearance: tall, skinny, pale, messy red mop of hair. He is sixteen.

Backstory: he lives in a small fishing village with his friends Callie, and Zarid. he and Callie fight a lot. he has lived a fairly normal life before my story takes place. ((he is not a chosen))

7/13/2017 . Edited 7/13/2017 #45
« Prev Page 1 2
Forum Moderators: Kyllorac karma-dollie, Denizen47, Chasing Skylines, Nicki BluIs
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member