Dialogue Play
Having trouble writing a character? Can't quite pin down their personality? Then this is the place for you! Come here and play your character as we put them through their paces. We'll help you find what makes them tick - and have fun while we're at it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Kyllorac

Act Manager: Nicki BluIs

Current Act: Anything Goes

Rules

1.This is the Play for normal, non-earth-shattering, day-to-day activities, like that which occur in the real world. Characters without special powers will be quite at home here. As such, magic is not permitted. Technology will be limited to a default of present day level. Paranormal events are nonexistent.

If you want elements of magic and/or the paranormal, the Fantasy DP or the Supernatural DP may be for you.

If you want a more technological aspect, the Sci-Fi DP awaits.

Or, if you want a bit of romance in your character's life, the Romance DP is always available.

2. Keep your characters realistic. You have no excuses for them being able to lift 1 ton unaided.

3. Each Act may have its own additional rules. These will be located in the first post of that Act. Follow them.

1/30/2009 . Edited by Nicki BluIs, 7/10/2010 #1
Kyllorac

Name

Anything Goes

Premise

The first person to post will get to determine the setting. The plot will develop based on Player's actions.

Additional Rules

None. Just come on in and play.

1/31/2009 . Edited 1/31/2009 #2
Nicki BluIs

((Setting is a food court at the mall))

Kris takes a seat at two-person booth and drinks his Starbucks coffee while reading the New York Times.

2/1/2009 #3
Kyllorac

Kylie exits the nearby bookstore, purchases in hand, and heads to the food court. It's packed, and the only open seat she can spy is Kris's two-person booth.

Kylie walks over there after a moment's hesitation and, balancing her books on her hip, asks, "May I sit here?"

2/1/2009 #4
Nicki BluIs

"Huh? Oh, sure!" Kris moves his messenger bag type thing to clear room for Kylie.

2/1/2009 #5
Kyllorac

Kylie dumps her books on the seat with a rushed "Thanks!" before trotting off to the Chinese joint, snatching a tray off the top of a nearby garbage can.

((Bubbles, check your PMs!))

2/1/2009 #6
Nicki BluIs

Kris shook his head at Kylie's retreating from. Who knew what kind of germs were growing on that garbage can. He looked down at the Business section of his news paper and winced. Stocks were falling like lead weights. Time for happy thought. Kris turned to the Comics.

2/1/2009 #7
Kyllorac

Kylie returns a few moments later, a bowl of won-ton soup and a plate of lo mein steaming a cheap grease aroma everywhere. She carelessly sets the tray on the table, and a few stray drops of soup splash onto the vinyl surface. Whipping out a napkin, Kylie wipes up the worst of the spill before arranging her books in a pile on the tabletop and plopping down into her seat.

She begins to eat.

2/1/2009 #8
Nicki BluIs

"That's quite a pile of books you've got there," Kris said, making a feeble attempet at a joke. "Are you stocking up for the Apocalypse... or something." Kris immeadiatly wished he hadn't spoken.

2/1/2009 #9
Kyllorac

"No," Kylie said around a mouthful of noodles, "I'm trying to start my own library." Her sarcastic tone was more than slightly muffled by her munchies.

2/1/2009 #10
Nicki BluIs

"Oh wow," Kris said. He folded his paper and leaned forward a bit. "That sounds really challenging. Have you thought of what clintele you'd be catering to? And financing? I mean starting any kind of business in this economy is audacious but you should have the good-will factor on your side."

2/1/2009 #11
Kyllorac

Kylie stares at Kris before hastily swallowing. "What?"

2/1/2009 #12
Nicki BluIs

Kris stared back at her. "You - your library? I thought - Um. Yeah. Sorry. Um, nevermind."

2/1/2009 #13
Kyllorac

"You believed me?"

2/1/2009 #14
Nicki BluIs

Kris turned a deep shade of red and snapped his newspaper open again. "Yeah, well you don't exactly have 'I'm a compulsive liar.' written on your forhead."

2/1/2009 #15
Kyllorac

"And you don't have 'Naive and easily flustered" written on yours. Well," Kylie paused, fork to her chin and eyes directed to the heavens in a gesture of thougfulness, "you kinda do now."

2/1/2009 #16
Nicki BluIs

"You know what kid," Kris retorted in the most condescending tone he could muster. "I think there's a table clearing up. On the other side of the mall. Why don't you look for it?"

2/1/2009 #17
Kyllorac

Kylie sniffed. "And let my food go cold? No thank you."

She crossed her legs and resumed eating, taking care to loudly slurp her noodles and soup.

2/1/2009 #18
Nicki BluIs

Kris rolled his eyes. "Oh yeah. That's real mature." He wasn't above countering with his own immaturity. "The NASDAQ dropped another 50 points today," he read in an obnoxiously loud voice. "Shareholders remain fearful of the recession impact on their portfolios."

2/1/2009 #19
Kyllorac

"Scaredy cats," Kylie said offhandedly. "Just watch the market plummet further."

2/1/2009 #20
Nicki BluIs

"Oh no doubt. You have no idea how hard it is to be an investment banker when everyone's to scared to invest."

2/1/2009 #21
Kyllorac

"Oh, I can imagine. It can't be much harder than starting a library."

2/1/2009 #22
Nicki BluIs

Kris grinned. "I knew you'd understand." His BlackBerry buzzed in his pocket and he groaned as he read the text. "Hey, listen," he said as he gathered his belongings. "I have to go. But it was good talking to you."

((I'm gonna stop here. There's enough to give an example of how things are done and to be honest there's only so much that can happen in this situation. :D))

2/1/2009 #23
Kyllorac

"It was fun talking to you. Ta-tah!" Kylie waved with her fingers, a blindingly bright grin plastered on her face.

((That's fine. I was about to stop next post anyways. XD))

2/1/2009 #24
Kyllorac

ARC CLOSED

2/1/2009 #25
Nicki BluIs

Name

Anything Goes

Premise

The first person to post will determine the setting and verb tense. The plot will develop based on the characters' actions.

Additional Rules

N/A

2/1/2009 . Edited 3/3/2009 #26
The Last Muse

((I don't know how to start this... Ok, so the setting is a park))

Maddi balances on the narrow concrete ledge overlooking the pond, waving her arms every now and then when she feels unsteady. She quickly looks around to see if anyone's watching her, and starts to run along the ledge like a madwoman.

3/2/2009 #27
Nicki BluIs

((What you're doing is fine. You don't have to italicize narration though. To other players: Since Last Muse started in present tense I'd like everyone else to write in present tense. Please and Thank you!))

"Okay. I love you too. Buh bye." Kris ends the cell phone call just in time to see a dark haired woman run around the pond. The ducks that had been diving peacefully start to get a bit skittish.

"If she falls in..." Kris begins.

3/3/2009 . Edited 3/3/2009 #28
The Last Muse

She doesn't see a large overhanging branch until the last minute, causing her to frantically duck and jump in one direction.

'Ahhhh!" she shrieks and falls into the murky pond water. "This is so gross!"

3/5/2009 #29
Nicki BluIs

Kris laughs as the girl predictably falls into the water. Leaving his bag on the park bench, he goes over to the waterside.

"Are you okay?" he says, staring down at her.

3/5/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Kyllorac karma-dollie, Denizen47, Chasing Skylines, Nicki BluIs
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member