Dialogue Play
Having trouble writing a character? Can't quite pin down their personality? Then this is the place for you! Come here and play your character as we put them through their paces. We'll help you find what makes them tick - and have fun while we're at it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »
Nicki BluIs

((That's fine; no pressure.))

Meagan frowned. The thing was slimy and smelly and Demi was touching it! "I'm not looking for a frog prince, so he can go croak at someone else."

A small fly meabdered by and the frog snatched it up with its tongue. "Ewww..." Meagan's nose crinkled.

4/9/2009 #121
Melancholic Marionette

Demi sncikered, but put the little frog down on the ground. "Happy? You hurt his feelings."

He looked around for something else, anything interesting. He soon saw something that piqued his interest.

"You wanna see a turtle?"

4/10/2009 #122
Nicki BluIs

Meagan was now wary of any animals Demi took interest in. Typical boy, she thought. All slugs and snails and puppy dog tails. But she didn't exactly have anything better to do so she conceded.

"Fine. But it better be a cute little baby turtle...."

4/10/2009 #123
Melancholic Marionette

"Well where's the fun in that?" Demi shook his head and walked toward where he had seen the turtle. It was cute (in his opinion) but it wasn't a baby. It was a fully grown (but still relatively small) box turtle. The kind people would keep for a pet.

He picked up the thing (which was technically only a shell, the turtle had tucked itself safely inside) and brought it over for Meagan to see.

"They ain't as cool as frogs and stuff," he shrugged, "but I always thought their shells looked pretty neat."

4/10/2009 #124
Nicki BluIs

"Omigawd Demi, that thing's huge!" Meagan put a good 2 yards between herself and the sleeping predator Demi was carrying. "You shouldnt touch it! What if it has diseases or something! Plus you're disturbing it from it's natural habitat or whatever! Put it down!"

She sighed and kicked herself for the umpteenth time. She could have gone to the beach. But no. Stupid Stephanie always had to make her feel inadequate.

"Why can't we look at pretty things, Demi? Like flowers or butterflies or," she looked up at the sky. "Sunsets! On a clear day like this there's bound to be an awesome sunset. Let find a cool place to sit and watch!"

4/10/2009 #125
Melancholic Marionette

Demi frowned and put the turtle down. It's not that he didn't like sunsets, but they meant that the day was over and he'd have to go back to camp. And he was having so much fun, too...

"He doesn't have a disease," Demi pouted and pointed at the turtle, "apologize."

But he could see that Meagan was clearly uncomfortable in this swamp, so he shook his head, "nevermind." Girls...

"Luckily for you, there are all kinds of cool plants in these sorts of places." Demi pointed to a shrub, "except that one. That's poison oak." He warned her, as he knew from experience that poison oak was far from pleasant. He pointed to some yellow, bell shaped flowers, "and those are...I think Yellow Jesserines. They're poisonous too, but only if you eat 'em."

He led her farther away from the actual water to see if there was a spot dry enough to sit down. There was a large rock not too far from where they stood, "seems like a good sunset watchin' place ta me," he told Meagan, and he looked at her as though silently asking for her opinion.

4/10/2009 #126
Nicki BluIs

"Looks great!" It actaully didn't. Meagan was hoping for a nice grassy hill, a springtime meadow... But compared to the swamp, a rock was good enough.

4/10/2009 #127
Melancholic Marionette

Demi could tell that she was fibbing, but he said nothing and simply walked up to the rock and climbed onto it.

"Yeah," he told her, "you can see pretty good from up here." He looked down at her, "need help climbing or can you do it yourself?"

He wasn't sure she could with those flip-flops of hers, but he didn't mention it.

"I have to get back to camp when it gets dark," he said, "and since this is a school trip for you, I'm guessing the same rules apply, huh?"

4/10/2009 #128
Nicki BluIs

"I'll manage." She took off her flip flops and scrambled to the top. "You wouldn't believe this," she said when she was sitting on the top of the smooth rock, "but when I was little I used to climb up trees all the time."

She wiped the dirt off up on her pants and admired the view. "Well are you coming or what?" she called down to Demi.

4/10/2009 #129
Melancholic Marionette

"Of course," Demi nodded, heaving himself up on the rock, "I climb rocks on a daily basis, if you can believe that." He grinned.

"Of course, I don't usually do it to watch the sun set," he added after a beat, "sometimes it's just to see if I can."

4/10/2009 #130
Nicki BluIs

It was absolutely breathtaking. In the unpolluted skoy of the national parks the pinks, purples, oranges and reds of the sunset melded together into each other like an abstract painting or a very pretty tie-dye shirt.

"I wonder," Meagan said, her breath barely above a whisper so as to not disturb the tranquilty. "I wonder if the sunset if this beautiful everywhere."

4/10/2009 #131
Melancholic Marionette

"Not where I live," Demi's voice was equally quiet, "I mean -- I guess they're the same, but it's just...the buildings and stuff take away from it, and make it look like it doesn't fit. Y'know what I mean? It just...it looks better when you're somewhere...somewhere where big ugly gray buildings aren't in the way, where no one has messed with anything, and you can see it the way...the way everyone looked at it before buildings were even invented. The way you're supposed to see it."

After that he fell silent and just watched the purple melt into pink, melting into orange, yellow, and then red. Somehow, it was way cooler than the swamp. And didn't smell as bad.

4/10/2009 #132
Nicki BluIs

((hmmm. this is a really nice sentiment... a nice lil bow to wrap up the Act... unless you have something more you want to add? If not i'll close this act.))

4/10/2009 #133
Melancholic Marionette

((No, I think this is good. I've gotten to flesh Demi's character out a lot, so I think the act has done it's job. :D))

4/10/2009 #134
Nicki BluIs

((Yay! Dont be stranger, k?!))

4/10/2009 #135
Nicki BluIs

I declare this awesome and extremely successful Act CLOSED

4/10/2009 #136
Nicki BluIs

Name

Anything Goes

Premise

The first person to post will get to determine the setting and the verb tense. The plot will develop based on Player's actions.

Additional Rules

None. Just come on in and play.

4/13/2009 #137
Engineer of Words

((Setting: An airport terminal, location unimportant))

Cliff takes a moment to observe the screen displaying all the flight times, and realizes his flight is delayed due to inclement weather. With that, he shakes his head and languidly makes way over to the general seating area, plopping down in a previously uninhabited row of seats.

4/13/2009 #138
Nicki BluIs

Hazel's heart drops. She has to get on that flight now. She already took 2 connecting flights to make sure she arrived at the convention on time. There is no way some goddamn "inclement weather" is going to make her late.

"Excuse me," she says to the young woman behind the information desk. "Can you give me a ballpark figure of when a plane is going to arrive? Because right now the board say 'delayed' but it doesn't say for how long and - "

"At this moment we have no information," the woman says with a smile plastered on her face. "When we do it will be annouced over the PA and displayed on the board." Looking past Hazel she says, "Next!"

Hazel stands aghast at her abrupt dismissal but at last picks up her suitcase and drags it to the seating area. She takes a seat on the blue plastic chairs and releases her anxiety by drumming her fingers on the armrest.

4/14/2009 #139
Engineer of Words

Cliff observed a rather distraught looking young woman sit down a few chairs to his right, then begin loudly drumming her fingers. He shifted slightly in his seat to get a better view of her.

"You're going to Chicago as well, then?"

4/14/2009 #140
Nicki BluIs

There were at least 5 different courses of action Hazel could take - 2 if she discounted the one's that included hurting something. Her thoughts - and her drumming - were interrupted when the man sitting nearby address her.

"Uh, yeah - yes. I'm going to Chicago. Or at least I'm supposed to..."

The drumming resumed.

4/14/2009 #141
Engineer of Words

Despite the fact that she was acting rather disengaged, Cliff felt some compulsion to continue the conversation. After all, it's the ones who don't like to talk who have the most interesting things to say, he thought.

"Supposed to, but nothing ever works out according to plan, right? Plus, the Windy City's got some terrible fuckin' snowstorms this time of year anyway."

He paused for a moment.

"Ah, sorry. I didn't introduce myself. Cliff's the name."

4/14/2009 #142
Nicki BluIs

Cliff...probably short for Clifford... like the big red dog... that dog was annoying as hell... who would let their kids watch that...

"Hazel," she answered curtly.

Oh that was real civil... She finally exhaled and smiled at Cliff. "Sorry, I'm just a little frazzled. I like things to run like clockwork, so this," she motioned to the angry people clamoring around the help desk and the incoming flight screen, "drives me nuts."

4/15/2009 #143
Engineer of Words

"Absolutely agree with you there."

Cliff took a glance at the board again, which still read "Delayed" for their flight, and then fixed his gaze back on Hazel.

"So what brings you to Chicago, Hazel?"

4/15/2009 #144
Nicki BluIs

"Business," she said and sat back in her seat. "My company is doing a bit of remodeling and I've been sent to negotiate with the contractors and whatnot." She felt a bit silly giving so much information in response to what was essentially a 'how are you' type question.

"How about you? What are you doing in Chicago?"

4/15/2009 #145
Engineer of Words

Remodeling negotiations? I wouldn't have thought you had to travel this far for that, but whatever.

"Business as well, coincidentally, although it's not negotiations. I'm a systems analyst for American Financial Group, and this next week we're doing a capital outflow analysis on the Chicago area banks. Essentially, corporate sends a bunch of SA's to one place and we all crunch numbers until our eyes bleed."

He smirked. "I'm sorry if you have absolutely no clue what that meant, by the way."

4/15/2009 #146
Nicki BluIs

"I got the eyes bleeding part," she laughed. She resisted the urge to check the board. "And outflow analysis... that would be a measure of how much money the banks were dishing out? Loans, credit, mortgages, etcetera? Or am I way off?"

4/15/2009 #147
Engineer of Words

"We have a winner. It's a rather ugly and tedious task, but keeps everything running according to plan." He ran fingers through his hair. "But you're negotiating with a contractor? I'm a bit surprised you had to fly all the way to Hell and back to meet with them. No branch office any closer to home?"

4/15/2009 #148
Nicki BluIs

Hazel cringed. How could she explain to a stranger that a complicated web of pandering and bribery made sure that her company only did business with the Chicago branch? Or that despite the fact that she knows nothing about flooring and interior design, management had decided that she had just the qualities necessary to persuade the contractor to lower the price.

She shook her head and tried to repress her indignation. "Oh, you know," she said with a dismissive air. "Boss knows best right?"

4/15/2009 #149
The Perfect Soldier

Anthony exhaled loudly as he eased his bulk into the tiny blue seats. Behind him, he could hear some people talking about what brought them here. Something about waterflow, crunchy chips, and....interior decorating? Who knows...people are the strangest animals. Setting his carry-on luggage down, he unwrapped his sub from the airport deli. The foil made a loud noise as it crinkled, but he didn't notice the sound as much as the smell of the vinegar and onions as it came wafting out, making his mouth water.

Beautiful, he thought, just beautiful.

As he bit into the sandwich, the soft crunch of lettuce was masked only by the sound of his slovenly way of eating.

6/26/2009 #150
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Kyllorac karma-dollie, Denizen47, Chasing Skylines, Nicki BluIs
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member