Dialogue Play
Having trouble writing a character? Can't quite pin down their personality? Then this is the place for you! Come here and play your character as we put them through their paces. We'll help you find what makes them tick - and have fun while we're at it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3
Kyllorac

Okay, I have another question. If a player wants to use a character in more than one DP does s/he have to re-into that character in each category? For example if Kris suddenly develops X-ray vision (HA!) do I have to re-intro him in the Supernatural DP? What if I just want him to fall in love; do I re-intro him to the Romance DP?

Yes. Like Fluffy said, it's more organized. It also makes things easier to find for the other players.

2/3/2009 #61
Nicki BluIs

Okey doke. Makes sense to me! :P

2/3/2009 #62
Nicki BluIs

Fellow Mods! I maketh a query! With the exception of Austen, we (or maybe just I) are (am) havin trouble keeping tabs on the newbies. I now have two newbs in my Intro thread but neither of them have posted in the DP. This is understandable since we really don't have a mechanism to acknowledge their Intro and transition them into the DP. Also it doesn't seem like they're stopping by the Crew Listings either. If they did it would help us kind of get comfortable. Maybe that should be a pinned topic?

Now I know the ppl don't have to have their characters approved but I' kind of desperate to get them started. So unless y'all have objections, I am gonna send the two newbs a PM a long these lines:

"Hi!

You have submitted (character name) to Dialogue Play - Slice of Life. The current act is (act name). You may begin playing anytime. For questions or concerns please go to the Interview thread.

Have fun!

Nicki BluIs Dialogue Play - Slice of Life Mod"

I'll send the PMs around noon or 1pm FP time.

3/2/2009 #63
karma-dollie

I agree to pin Crew Listing. That's really where intros should be done so we can keep tabs on who's who and the newbsies can feel more comfortable before jumping into a DP. That might also help with the PM issue. Maybe if they felt more comfortable, they'd start posting in the DPs and the PM wouldn't be necessary. They probably just need to have someone kick it off. Is there a first post in SoL DP for the next Act?

3/2/2009 #64
Kyllorac

That's fine. I think it's a good idea if we all PMed new people to make them feel more welcome. :D

And I'll be pinning Crew Listings.

3/2/2009 #65
karma-dollie

I think PMing everyone is a little stalkerish...

Sorry if that's just me. u_u

(borrowing Kylie's face. ;p)

3/2/2009 #66
Kyllorac

But PMs are special presents! :P

Though it is a bit more work to PM every new person... XD

3/2/2009 #67
karma-dollie

It will be once DP picks up more. ;p

If it's agreed upon to PM everyone, then that's cool. I'm just putting my opinion out there.

:)

3/2/2009 #68
Nicki BluIs

i dont really feel like PM everyone... but then again my DP is kinda slow it wouldnt really be that big a deal yet ha!

I'll PM the 2 peeps I have and then I'll see how things go with the newly pinned Crew Listings :)

3/2/2009 #69
Chasing Skylines

Just to clarify: Every mod PMs everybody?

Or is it just Bubbles PMing the newbies in her Intro?

I agree with pinning Crew Listings.

3/2/2009 #70
Kyllorac

Nobody is PMing anybody yet, aside from Bubbles to jumpstart her DP.

3/2/2009 #71
Nicki BluIs

*rushes in like an effin maniac*

OMG!! dudes!! we has a FORUM TRAFFIC!!! Kylie I think you have to be the one to check since you are admin but still!!! it is sooo cool!! its like Reader Traffic But for Forums!!!

*runs around like crazy person*

okay gotta go to class... byes!!

3/3/2009 #72
Nicki BluIs

((I don't know how I'm going to do this then, cuz i can only get on internet on saturdays =[. Couldn't i just DP on saturdays and when I'm ready to leave, pull my character out by some convenient plot point?))

This is what a dude wrote in my intro. I think its fine especially since my DP is not especially fast paced. If theres no objections by.... 10:30 pm FP time, I'm going to PM him telling him he can still play on saturdays.

EDIT: seeing as Sesshy seems to agree with me (in Interviews) I will PM the person now :)

EDIT again: Yeah. not gonna PM... thats too stalkerish.

4/11/2009 . Edited 4/11/2009 #73
Kyllorac

That's fine. Ultimately, attendance rules are up to the AM. The one post a day rule is more of a guideline.

I'm thinking that perhaps we should have a thread dedicated for each of the DP's OOC chatter and planning. They would also be used to coordinate what times people are available and stuff so that when vacations come, disappearances aren't entirely unexpected and can be planned for.

4/12/2009 #74
Chasing Skylines

Slightly mod related - Sorry, Bubbles, I created the new topic.

Should I delete it then wait for Bubbles?

4/16/2009 #75
karma-dollie

Uh...well, I don't know how long she's gonna be away and I don't like not having a place to talk. Heh. We could just promise her the next one. :)

4/16/2009 #76
Chasing Skylines

Uh...well, I don't know how long she's gonna be away and I don't like not having a place to talk. Heh. We could just promise her the next one. :)

Yeah, she said she's going to work. So I guess it'll stay.

And yeah, the next one's yours, Bubbles.

4/16/2009 #77
Nicki BluIs

Gripe: We don't seem to have any problem getting ppl to REGISTER for the DPs... it's playing that seems to be the problem? any suggestions?

11/9/2009 #78
Kyllorac

I've been wondering the same thing, and the only thing I can think of is create a single DP where everyone can just hop in regardless of genre.

(Yes, I do live, but probably not for long. XD)

11/25/2009 #79
Nicki BluIs

Heads up to mods:

So some dude posted in BR. Name is Arem. His first and only post was a link to his RPG forum. I tried ot refer ot the rules ot see what should be done but FP decided to give me the 503 error at that moment. So I deleted the post adn sent hi ma PM saying that it was not a cool thing ot do and to contact me, Radio or Kylie (Kylie cuz she be head mod and me and Radio cuz we are still relatively alive lol) if he wants to advertise with us.

Hopefully that was the right thing to do.

6/23/2010 #80
karma-dollie

That sounds right to me. Thanks, Bubbles. :)

Do we have a place for affiliates? We must since that was one of the first things discussed back when DP was being built.

6/23/2010 #81
Emberlywoods12

Hello, I am new to fictionpress and your forum. I was wondering how I might be able to join your forum. Is there a topic I can go to submit them or do I just jump in anywhere?

1/29/2013 #82
« Prev Page 1 .. 3
Forum Moderators: Kyllorac karma-dollie, Denizen47, Chasing Skylines, Nicki BluIs
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member