Dialogue Play
Having trouble writing a character? Can't quite pin down their personality? Then this is the place for you! Come here and play your character as we put them through their paces. We'll help you find what makes them tick - and have fun while we're at it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
Chasing Skylines

Hello Nic/Angel. Welcome to DP. Enjoy your stay. I'm 'Sesshy.' If you wish to turn off forum e-mail alerts, go to Login, Alerts, and turn off the last two.

3/15/2009 #61
Delilah Starskie

Bonjour! Je m'appelle Delilah Starskie.

Favorite Color: I really like grey... I dunno why, it's just appealing since it's not colorful, not bold as black or blank as white.

Favorite Character: Maisie Mortland, from The Sisters Mortland by Sally Beauman... such a sad book! BUT SO AWESOME!!!!!

Favorite Genre: I find that realistic fiction/young adult gets repetitive, and science fiction CREEPS ME OUT, romance is a big ball of cornfluff, horror is something that has to involve a screen to be fully enjoyed, fantasy is hard to follow, historical fiction needs to get with the times, nonfiction needs to get a life, and angst can just shut up. No one cares. So that leaves... hmmmmm... well, let's see... oh, whatever. I'll read anything.

Favorite book: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy not even kidding. Best book EVER.

Favorite movie: The Lord of the Rings Movies were way more entertaining than the books. And yeah, you're probably screaming DORK at the screen right now, but... well, sorry. I can't help it if it's like the friggin awesomest movie ever

Favorite Type of Pasta: Lo mein without a doubt. Mac and cheese put up a good fight though.

Favorite Saying: When life gives you lemons, THROW 'EM RIGHT BACK IN LIFE'S UGLY FACE

3/17/2009 #62
Nicki BluIs

Bonjour Delilah!! Bievenue a DP!! And therein is the extent of my French...

I am Bubbles *sweeping bow* and I mod the Slice of Life DP.

I heart LOTR... I've read the books like 5 times... and I own the movies... yeah. Best. Movie. Ever.

Speaking of Best. Slice of Life is the coolest most fun DP so you should TOTALLY check that out first... and I'm not just saying that cuz we desperatly need players... :D

Anyway: Welcome, Make your self at home, Don't drink out of the carton :)

3/17/2009 #63
Chasing Skylines

Haha, I agree with the majority of your statements in Favorite Genre.

nonfiction needs to get a life

XD

Favorite movie: The Lord of the Rings Movies were way more entertaining than the books. And yeah, you're probably screaming DORK at the screen right now, but... well, sorry. I can't help it if it's like the friggin awesomest movie ever

Not really. I'm thinking how I could've get through the books or the movie; the movie was too long, the book wasn't interesting to my tastes.

Favorite Saying: When life gives you lemons, THROW 'EM RIGHT BACK IN LIFE'S UGLY FACE

Or find a person with a paper cut... :)

Welcome, Delilah, to DP! I hope you enjoy your stay. Don't be afraid to ask questions. To turn off forum e-mail alerts, go to Login, Alerts, turn off the last two.

3/17/2009 #64
Chasing Skylines

Bubbles. O_o I thought French was your other major language. Or is it only just Spanish?

Speaking of Best. Slice of Life is the coolest most fun DP so you should TOTALLY check that out first... and I'm not just saying that cuz we desperatly need players... :D

I find that realistic fiction/young adult gets repetitive

... =P

3/17/2009 . Edited 3/17/2009 #65
Delilah Starskie

Now don't get me wrong--a well written realistic fic can be really good.

Unfortunately, that's incredibly rare.

I find that a lot of realistic fic is shallow, repetitive, and/or plain unrealistic. Which kind of defeats the purpose.

3/17/2009 #66
karma-dollie

Hey there, Delilah. ;p Awesome favorite genre rant.

Welcome to DP! I'm Radio, your friendly neighborhood Fantasy Act Manager. Hopefully you won't find my DP too hard to follow though there are times when even I have trouble. Not my fault though. ;) I kid (partly). It's fun. I hope you have a great time here.

3/17/2009 #67
Delilah Starskie

To totallyred:

YOU LIKE SHE'S THE MAN?!?!??! omg i love that movie so much. it's hilarious, yet painful sometimes to watch. You know that feeling? When a character is embarrassing themself so much you just want to throw up?

Yeah. I live for that feeling.

3/17/2009 #68
Nicki BluIs

Bubbles. O_o I thought French was your other major language. Or is it only just Spanish?

Je suis quebecoise. So the elitist Frenchies say my grammar is bad and I can't spell... is it my fault that they have all those damn silent letters?! Tabernacle! hehe

... =P

... jerk

3/17/2009 #69

Because I'm utterly bored and I have no friends. No lie. Work sucks. Boo! So excuse my randomness and out of the blue inclusion.

I am (attempts to think of a really cool name) ah forget it. The names Dee, yup just plain ole' Dee, although I should be grateful I'm not plain ole Jane with the plain brown eyes. Wouldn't that suck? No offence to the Jane's of this world :D I like long walks on the beach. No really I do. Haha. I actually just like the beach in general and I have an obsession with salt water. Living next to the ocean doesn't help. Well here's me in a nut shell...

Colour: It changes from day to day. I usually wear the colour I'm having some morbid fascination with. Today for example was green. Could be because St. Patrick's was just a couple of days ago or the grass in my yard looks real purty :D

Genre: Fic/Book wise? Romances, shoot me. And a closet fantasy-nerd.

Books: Again like colour it changes, is it even possible to have a favourite? There's just too many to pick from. At the moment however I'm reading/enjoying the 'The Mortal Instruments' series. Death to vampires and werewolves! Kidding!

Movie: The Mist. Well it's not my favourite but it's more or less a memorable one for me because seriously how much would it suck if that had happened in reality? God I'd probably jump off a cliff :? Oh and I'm a sucker for a Disney classic. Lion King anyone? Haha.

Quotes: 'Life is the game that must be played' 'cause seriously life is too short, take it by the balls and go nuts!

Cartoons/Animation: I breathe anime like air.

Have I covered everything? Don't want to be outdone by anyone :D Well back to my boring and mundane life.

Adios. ChimDee.

3/20/2009 #70
Chasing Skylines

Welcome to DP, Chim(my). Haha. I hope you find everything to your liking; don't be afraid to ask questions. I'm 'Sesshy.' To turn off forum e-mail alerts, go to Login, Alerts, and turn off the last two.

3/20/2009 #71
karma-dollie

Heya CD! Welcome to DP! (That looks cool. ;p) I'm Radio and hopefully we can get you out of the closet about your fantasy-nerdness. Nothing better than a good fantasy book. :D

Feel free to look around, join an available DP and chat with us in the current Break Room. You're encouraged to do this even when you're just regular bored and not utterly bored. Or even when you're not bored at all and just wanna play around or chat. :) Have fun!

3/20/2009 #72
Nicki BluIs

hi hi Chim! I am bubbles!! *elegant curtsy*

I pretty awesome if I say so myself :D

Welcome, enjoy and don't be a flake.

3/20/2009 . Edited 3/20/2009 #73
Raine Skye

Hello everyone, I'm Raine. I'm kinda a self proclaimed story buff (as my profile states). I spend all day on onemanga, fanfiction, fictionpress, crunchyroll, and gaia online looking for any entertaining and ironically unique stories.

My favorite color is brown (I'm not really sure why; I just like it). I'll read any genre, but my favorite genres are fantasy and romance (not the drama kind...that's irritating). I like the Stephanie Meyer's books (including The Host) and Juliet Marillier's novels. I'm no where near a library (I live in the middle of now where, the nearest gas station is fifteen minutes away...), so I don't have the opportunity to read many novels. My favorite movies of all time are Pride and Prejudice and Ever After. My favorite cartoons are animes. As of right now, I'm into Skip Beat and Soul Eater, but I will forever enjoy Dragon Ball Z. I also like video games like Harvest Moon, Star Ocean, Tales of the Abyss, and the Final Fantasy series.

That's enough of my little monologue about myself. I hope to be a familiar face in the future. XD

3/23/2009 #74
karma-dollie

Heya Raine! I'm Radio and welcome to DP! I love seeing fantasy fans show up. And I'm certain that has nothing to do with the fact that I'm AM of the Fantasy DP. ;p Nah, fantasy is my favorite genre. :)

Hope to see you around the DPs. Look around, join an available one and join us in the current Break Room for chit-chat. Have fun!

3/23/2009 #75
Denizen47

Hey Raine (and all other people who I never got round to welcoming :P)

I'm Zion, the DP's resident Romance AM.

3/23/2009 #76
Raine Skye

Hey Zion, thanks for introducing yourself. This place is very welcoming. Nice atmosphere. :)

3/23/2009 #77
Chasing Skylines

Hey Raine! Welcome to DP!

Woot for fantasy! And the Tales of [...] games. I haven't played Abyss, but I basically know the storyline and characters (Wiki is a nice resource), and played Tales of Symphonia nad its spin-off/sequel.

Well, I'm Sesshy, the Act Manager of the Supernatural DP. And to turn off forum e-mail alerts, go to Login, Alerts, and turn off the last two. Enjoy your stay.

And don't be afraid to ask questions, though apparently you're not. Awesome.

3/23/2009 . Edited 3/23/2009 #78
Engineer of Words

Hey everybody, Lemur checking in. Most of you know me already, but an introduction's still kinda fun.

My favorite color is black. Favorite book genres are action and sci-fi, although I read a lot of political science and economics in nonfiction as well. Too many favorite books to list, the best of them by Ernest Hemingway, Sylvia Plath, and Oscar Wilde on the fiction side of things. Not much of a movie or TV person, really.

3/23/2009 #79
Nicki BluIs

LEMUR!!! Dude welcome!!

3/23/2009 #80
Chasing Skylines

Hey Lemur. Welcome!

It's awesome you joined SoL. That action is like shipping a box of Kleenex to Bubbles there, still weeping and vowing revenge on flakers.

It's comparable to shipping crates of food to hungry third-world countries.

And rebuilding orphanages.

And telling that hobo yes, you will let him do whatever for food.

3/23/2009 . Edited 3/23/2009 #81
C. L. Schofield

Well, since this seems to be the place I need, I figured I'd pop by and introduce myself. I'm C. L. Schofield, as you can see by my pen name, I go by Cassandra or Cassie, and I write predominantly in the fantasy area. My preferred genre is magic-fantasy or sci-fi, though I really like writing suspense-filled things. I have a distinct love of music and good books and stories, with my favorite authors being, in no particular order, Garth Nix (All Hail the Abhorsen), Neil Gaiman (Good Omens and the Sandman Chronicles are AWESOME), Hideyuki Kikuchi (Vampire Hunter D, need I say more), and Eoin Colfer, as well as many others. My suggestions for reading are Good Omens and Sandman Chronicles, the Old Kingdom and Keys to the Kindgom series, Vampire Hunter D series, and the Wish List, as well as a number of others, like Maximum Ride and Coraline.

Favorite characters are, because I can't narrow it down, Crowley, Aziraphael, Jareth, Mogget, Sameth, Vampire Hunger D, Baron Byron Balasz, Meier Link, that rockstar with the hair (if you've read it, you will get it), Cain, and Riff, as well as many, many others.

Right now, I'm struggling with one of my two main characters, who just can't seem to decide how he wants to kidnap the love of his life, so chapter two of my story seems to be kind of long in coming... XD

3/28/2009 #82
Chasing Skylines

Welcome, Cassie, hey.

Awesome, another fantasy writer. There can never be too many. I also see you like Garth Nix (I like the Keys to the Kingdom series) and Neil Gaiman (I'm starting American Gods) along with Eoin Colfer (I like Artemis Fowl but never read his other books). I think I'll be adding Good Omens and the Sandman Chronicles to my ever growing To Read scrolls.

Feel free to jump into a DP, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you're confused.

Oh, and I'm 'Sesshy,' the Act Manager of the Supernatural DP; you'll most likely be seeing more of Radio, or karma-dollie, the AM of F-DP.

To turn off forum e-mail alerts, go to Login, Alerts, and turn off the last two.

Enjoy your stay!

3/28/2009 . Edited 3/28/2009 #83
C. L. Schofield

Thanks for the welcome! Indeed, I love being a fantasy/scifi/supernatural writer... Love those writers, they rock my world and make my dull trips worthwhile.

I'm not really... sure... how to... I don't know... Different forums are different... so yeah...

Anyways, pleased to meet you, Sesshy!

3/28/2009 #84
Melancholic Marionette

Hullo there.

Usual Nickname: Phanny (from my old penname)

RG Nickname: Strings.

Favorite Color: Purple.

Genre: ...I don't have just one preference ^^;

Movie: Coraline, currently.

Book: uh...hard to choose right now.

And...that's it? I'm here because I'm starting a new story and my characters could use some fleshing out. So hi.

4/4/2009 #85
Nicki BluIs

hi hi newbie! Since your an RGer i tihnk i'll call you Strings to keep things simple. I am Bubbles! I see you've posted in Slice of Life intro; i'm the Mod for that DP so we'll get to know each other real well... assuming you actually commit to this lol

anyway if you have any question you can go to the "Interviews" topic, and Break Room is available for chillaxin. Have fun and dont flake! :P

4/5/2009 #86
Chasing Skylines

Hey there, Strings. Welcome to DP! I'll be your S-DP AM, Sesshy, but it seems you'll be getting to know Bubbles more.

Don't be afraid to ask questions and enjoy your stay. To turn off forum e-mail alerts, go to Login, Alerts, and turn off the last two.

4/5/2009 . Edited 4/5/2009 #87
karma-dollie

I like when people come with nicknames. :D *is totally not lazy* Heya Strings and welcome welcome to DP! I'm Radio, AM of F-DP (not sure why Sesshy claims otherwise, but it's surely a typo I ought to quote for posterity. ;p) Look around, hop into an available DP, chat with us in the Break Room and have fun!

4/5/2009 #88
Ratlynx623

Hey, my name is Sarah!

Umm, my fav. color is blue, but when mixed with green i ike it better. Can't say i have a favorite character. My favorite genre would be action fiction, preferable some animal book. I like the Warrior cat series, the darkwing and silverwing books, the artemis fowl books, books by jerry spinelli and andrew clements. and redall........ummm and the lightneing their books....pretty much adventure books about wild animals, but i like SOME books about humans... i like the simpson's movie, and comedies. i recently saw the haunting in connecticut, which is definitely the best horror i have ever seen, but i rarely see horrors. the only other i can reemember is the leprechaun and that was stupid...

I wrote a story called Silverwhisker the Shadowlynx in fourth grade, and so that i can interact with humans better he is my character because that story is a bit messed up...a lynx who started out as a boy and has a wolf for a mother.....but i think this might help me improve this character and try to re-do this story. I also wrote a hermit crab story. now i am writing a rat novel, and it is pretty interesting, and RATS ARE AWESOME!

probably more than anyone wanted, but aw well. :)

4/7/2009 #89
Chasing Skylines

Hi, Sarah. Perhaps someone more creative will come by and give you a nickname. I'm Sesshy, as called in another forum. Welcome to Dialogue Play, enjoy your stay (that rhymed, just so you know (more)).

As to your post in F-DP: See, the problem is you haven't introduced this character in Fantasy - Intro. You've only introduced a rat, it seems. Just edit this character into your initial Fantasy Intro post.

I'll be your S-DP AM, should you ever participate in that Act. You'll most likely be seeing more of Radio (karma-dollie), the F-DP AM.

To turn off forum e-mail alerts, go to Login, Alerts, and disable the last two.

And don't be afraid to ask questions (which you're apparently not).

4/7/2009 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Kyllorac karma-dollie, Denizen47, Chasing Skylines, Nicki BluIs
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member