Break Writer's Block
Do you have a case of Writer's Block? Click on the link for the cure! Aspiring writers welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 87 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 107 .. Last Next »
Carus

If Karas is looking for laptops, she should find one not of the same make or model as the one she has now. That way it won't die on her in the future. XD

I am never, ever ever ever ever EVER buying anything acer EVER again. :D

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/164845/show_product_overview

^?

D:D:D: Whaaaaaaaaat?!?!

RESULTS DAY AHHHH! 20th August T_T

8/5/2009 #2,881
VelvetyCheerio

I am never, ever ever ever ever EVER buying anything acer EVER again. :D

Acer computers are s***. It is unfortunatue that I own one. ;.; I wanted that fuking Toshiba!!! -_-

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/164845/show_product_overview

Costly...? :P It looks good, though I've never experienced HP. You like those kinds?

RESULTS DAY AHHHH! 20th August T_T

Ooh... my deepest condolences, to your, uh... XD I'm sure you'll do fine in... okay, let's face it. You had a months worth of homework undone. Just shred the report before your parents see. :D

8/5/2009 #2,882
Carus

Acer computers are s***. It is unfortunatue that I own one. ;.; I wanted that fuking Toshiba!!! -_-

Acers really are awful. :\ My warranty on this one runs out in a month D:

Costly...? :P It looks good, though I've never experienced HP. You like those kinds?

Yeah costly... mebbe I can get daddy darling to pay, if I get the money back for this one? :\

I dunno, someone reccommended it to me. It looks pretty good.

Ooh... my deepest condolences, to your, uh... XD I'm sure you'll do fine in... okay, let's face it. You had a months worth of homework undone. Just shred the report before your parents see. :D

Nahh the month's homework was AFTER exams. :P I've already had that report. This is the one that counts. Gah. As in, if I don't get the grades, I'll end up in a rubbish uni.

8/5/2009 #2,883
Carus

I can't shred it, I think it's a legal document and costs money to replace T_T

8/5/2009 #2,884
VelvetyCheerio

Yeah costly... mebbe I can get daddy darling to pay, if I get the money back for this one? :\

Lawl, that's the way to mooch.

Nahh the month's homework was AFTER exams. :P I've already had that report. This is the one that counts. Gah. As in, if I don't get the grades, I'll end up in a rubbish uni.

Then get off yo butt and stop being lazy, foo! Seriously, though, you need to step it up.

8/5/2009 #2,885
VelvetyCheerio

I can't shred it, I think it's a legal document and costs money to replace T_T

Well crad... :/ I got nothing. Be sure to do get good grades... or something.

8/5/2009 #2,886
Carus

Lawl, that's the way to mooch.

Well it isn't like I have any money to get it myself. It's mainly for school anyway. :P

Then get off yo butt and stop being lazy, foo! Seriously, though, you need to step it up.

Yeah I know. It all got too much last term. Hopefully it'll be better after a break. :\

8/5/2009 #2,887
Carus

the worst thing is they've predicted me straight As which I am NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS gonna get. T_T

8/5/2009 #2,888
VelvetyCheerio

Yeah I know. It all got too much last term. Hopefully it'll be better after a break. :\

You seriously need to go on that trip de France.

random: complete strangers are mowing my sister's lawn. O_o Uhm...? This neighborhood is officially weird.

8/5/2009 #2,889
VelvetyCheerio

the worst thing is they've predicted me straight As which I am NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS gonna get. T_T

Aww! I bet you could if you tried. You're a lot smarter than you give yourself credit for, ya know.

8/5/2009 #2,890
Carus

You seriously need to go on that trip de France.

Thatisn'thappeninganymore. :D

random: complete strangers are mowing my sister's lawn. O_o Uhm...? This neighborhood is officially weird.

Ahahahahahhahaa XD Does she know that they are? XD

8/5/2009 #2,891
Carus

Aww! I bet you could if you tried. You're a lot smarter than you give yourself credit for, ya know.

I could if I forgot about all of the messed-up-in-the-head stuff, and if I could sleep, and if if if. It isn't gonna happen. :\

I got toooooo stressed over the exams and it meant I didn't do well in them.

8/5/2009 #2,892
VelvetyCheerio

Thatisn'thappeninganymore. :D

O_o Why?! D:

Ahahahahahhahaa XD Does she know that they are? XD

I dunno. Maybe. Maybe they're city works. *shrugs* We never get this kinda treatment back where I live. :|

8/5/2009 #2,893
Lime-Cat

Crow,

in actuality, that HP laptop will only show 2GB of RAM instead of the installed 4GB because the windows operating system is 32-bit. You'll need the 64-bit version for your computer to acknowledge there's really 4GB and not merely 2GB. that's the limitations of the 32-bit.

8/5/2009 #2,894
Lime-Cat

therefore, you're paying roughly $200-$400USD extra for RAM that your computer will never see.

8/5/2009 #2,895
Carus

O_o Why?! D:

Cos it isn't worth the money to travel over. :\

I dunno. Maybe. Maybe they're city works. *shrugs* We never get this kinda treatment back where I live. :|

Haha, neither do we. XD

8/5/2009 #2,896
Lime-Cat

and upgrading to a 64-bit version of windows will require at least $100USD.

8/5/2009 #2,897
Carus

@ Lime: what does that mean in terms of performance?

8/5/2009 #2,898
Lime-Cat

@ Lime: what does that mean in terms of performance?

it's just that your laptop won't have access to as much memory as it really has and so, if you're running programs that eat up a lot of CPU memory (aka vista itself is already a problem in that department...) your computer will lag or be forced to prompt a reboot because it has run out of available memory.

8/5/2009 #2,899
Carus

be forced to prompt a reboot because it has run out of available memory.

Do you think that's what's happening at the moment?

Examples of those types of programs?

8/5/2009 #2,900
Carus

moon? :D

8/5/2009 #2,901
VelvetyCheerio

I could if I forgot about all of the messed-up-in-the-head stuff, and if I could sleep, and if if if. It isn't gonna happen. :\

It can happen if you put your mind to it, dammit!

Karas, I am starting to get the impression you are a pessimistic nihilist. -_- Don't give up, you have so much left to live for!

-is feeding the young one-

8/5/2009 #2,902
Lime-Cat

if you're running a high-end graphics game such as any of those MMORPGs out there, then your laptop won't be able to handle it. Rather, windows won't be able to handle it. I was running MegaTen on my mac (in bootcamp) the other night and I took a couple steps with my character...there was a stop error in windows and it automatically switched to data recovery mode and then shut down. Note: I had about 3GB of HD space left in my windows partition, 4GB of RAM and a 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo processor.

It was windows that caused the shut down - in essence, it failed me. (but that was to be expected...) other times, when I had run Pi Story on there, it worked perfectly fine, but after 5 minutes of game time, the fans would be running at maximum output...because the internal parts were VERY hot.

8/5/2009 #2,903
Carus

Karas, I am starting to get the impression you are a pessimistic nihilist. -_- Don't give up, you have so much left to live for!

Ahaha. I'm not a nihilist. Things do exist. :P I am a pessimist, though.

How old is the young one?

8/5/2009 #2,904
Lime-Cat

Do you think that's what's happening at the moment?

Examples of those types of programs?

Any program that utilizes a great deal of visual memory. In a nutshell, it can be ANY program you run - even those that run in the background (in fact, those can be deadly). ^^'

8/5/2009 #2,905
Lime-Cat

but overall, i think it's the quality of your laptop that's failing you, Crow.

8/5/2009 #2,906
Carus

Mm I don't have any computer games.

Anything other than games? The problems I have with this one at the mo tend to happen when I'm on facebook/youtube/listening to music.

8/5/2009 #2,907
Lime-Cat

Fang, I is soooo confused when moving from chapter to chapter in your story! (referring to "Domesticating the Wolf")

8/5/2009 #2,908
Carus

but overall, i think it's the quality of your laptop that's failing you, Crow.

Yeah probs. I just want to get a laptop that doesn't shut itself down every two seconds.

Or, you know, at all. :P

8/5/2009 #2,909
VelvetyCheerio

How old is the young one?

one. :|

8/5/2009 #2,910
« Prev Page 1 .. 87 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 107 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Lime-Cat VelvetyCheerio, theflyingcrabsareeatingmyhair, UndeadWithoutCoffee
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member