Break Writer's Block
Do you have a case of Writer's Block? Click on the link for the cure! Aspiring writers welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2
Lime-Cat

@WA Game

I would say there cannot be more than one round open at once, but that's just me. Maybe it will work, but I see that it has the high potential of being confusing. :/ So, to be safe, it might be better to say only one round at a time. ^^'

4/3/2009 #31
Carus

@WA Game

Okay. Should I add that in the rules?

4/4/2009 #32
Tekla

I have a question!

is there any particular reason to why the Challenge Yourself! thread hasn't been updated with successful participants and such?

I keep checking back to see how many people have played, but it's never changed. D:

7/18/2009 #33
Lime-Cat

is there any particular reason to why the Challenge Yourself! thread hasn't been updated with successful participants and such?

That's because Lime has been lazy. I'll go update it now. XD

7/18/2009 #34
VelvetyCheerio

We need a new OT thinga please! Who makes it?

7/26/2009 #35
Tekla

I 2nd Fang's question, and add one of my own:

Where can we spam in the meantime??

7/26/2009 #36
UndeadWithoutCoffee

I mades it!

7/26/2009 #37
CrimsonInferno

Um, I'm not sure if this is where my question goes, I couldn't find a place that fit it better...

Well, anyway, I wanna know one thing about Fictionpress in general, if its okay.

Question:

When I write a story that is completely mine (made up by me) can others steal it and post it on other (or here) sites claiming its theirs?

Oh, how do I make a new reply to a forum? I only have the option of replying to others....

7/26/2009 #38
VelvetyCheerio

When I write a story that is completely mine (made up by me) can others steal it and post it on other (or here) sites claiming its theirs?

Yeah. That's happened to many authors, actually, usually if they're really popular, too. However, everyone is subject to plagarism, so if you're really paranoid, don't post it up here.

Oh, how do I make a new reply to a forum? I only have the option of replying to others....

Er, yeah... that's not really an option on this forum. :/ Sorry. Maybe a mod will explain it better, but it's better to just post your questions here for now. :)

7/26/2009 #39
Lime-Cat

Anything that you write on your own in your own words is yours and should be copyrighted to you. As such, it is NEVER ok for other people(s) to steal your work - it's plagiarism and it can be reported to the FP admins. If you have all the proof necessary to make the claim that someone has plagiarized your work, do everything you can to 1) let them know, 2) make it known to others and 3) let the thief know and let others know of the crime as long as it takes for the theif to break. Plagiarism is a serious offense - even if you don't have the legal means (read lawsuit) to enforce your copyright.

I'm confused by what you mean regarding this question...do you mean making a new topic? Of course, anyone with a FP account can reply to topics on any forum, but not all forums allow just anyone to make new threads/topics. I chose to have a mod-only policy when it comes to making new threads/topics for the sake of more control over the forum. ^^'

Also, all reasonable questions are more than welcome for this thread - that's the purpose of this thread, anyway, so utilize your resources! :D I hope I've answered your questions to at least some extent. :)

7/26/2009 #40
CrimsonInferno

You! Thank you so much :

I guess I should go read up copyrights....I wonder if it costs money.

About the second question, I meant the reply button wasn't there, only the "reply to (said person you click)" Example:

"Reply to Lime-Cat" I just don't see a new reply button. But I guess VelvetyCheerio said that you can't post new replys on this forum...

Thanks again for the help that came so quickly. Cheers.

7/26/2009 #41
Lime-Cat

About the second question, I meant the reply button wasn't there, only the "reply to (said person you click)" Example:

"Reply to Lime-Cat" I just don't see a new reply button. But I guess VelvetyCheerio said that you can't post new replys on this forum...

Hrm. Odd..I've never seen that before. What browser are you using? Also, browser settings may have something to do with this.

And reading about copyright info doesn't cost money...at least, it shouldn't. Haha. Google should be able to tell you LOTS about copyrights. :)

7/26/2009 #42
CrimsonInferno

Firefox, newest update.

I meant if copy righting cost money. I googled it a few times, but I just didn't know where to start...

7/26/2009 #43
Lime-Cat

Firefox, newest update.

Since Firefox kept crashing for me ever since version 3.0.9, I stopped using the most recent updates. Instead, I've been using 3.0.5 and I haven't had a crash since (*touches wood*). Has the reply thing always been like this for you? o_O

I meant if copy righting cost money. I googled it a few times, but I just didn't know where to start...

Oh yea...copyrighting in a very legal and binding way will cost money because you'll have to go through the process with a lawyer and have lots of paperwork to fill out to make all the documents you want to copyright, official. I think this is legal copyrighting. The copyrighting on FP and such is a bit less binding, but if you have all the proof and you wish to bring a plagiarism case to court, go for it.

7/26/2009 #44
CrimsonInferno

Thank you, Lime-Cat for all the help.

Nope, never had a crash and this problem wasn't there before...Maybe I'm missing the button? The only reply button I see is in someones' post, on the bottom right corner....

Got it....maybe my grandfather can help, he's a writer :

Thanks again and cheers.

7/26/2009 #45
Carus

@ Challenge Yourself thread

I don't think it's working. No one keeps up with it and half the time the people who post never come back.

It isn't fair on those who do complete their challenge for those who don't to get away with not completing their reviews.

Also - is Net in charge of that thread? Cos that's teh impression I had but she doesn't seem to be keeping on top of it.

8/4/2009 #46
DaPeoplesChioce

Umm....I'm not sure if I choose the right place. I need to make a charater....I kind suck at it...

8/6/2009 #47
Tekla

Okay, I'm going to link you to a better forum to help you create and flesh out a character!

Thus, Dialogue Play.

I'm certain you'll be able to find the necessary tools to create a character there.

Good luck!

8/6/2009 #48
DaPeoplesChioce

Okay...umm thank you Gigglebug

8/6/2009 #49
VelvetyCheerio

What are we going to do about the Challenge yourself thread? We need participants. :/ and I don't know who else to review since no one's really playing.

this forum is kinda dead itself. :|

9/19/2009 #50
Lime-Cat

Then give me suggestions to liven this place up! Fun, inspiring threads! :D

9/21/2009 #51
Pink Parfait
I'm curious... what kind of opening scene in the first chapter of a story do you find most interesting? A ballroom scene, a birth-room, a nursery, a battlefield, two friends just talking quietly or something grand, exciting? What type of opening scene would be most likely to rivet your attention? And I don't just mean, "if it's done well, any opening scene can be fascinating, it's the content of the story that matters". Please be specific!
3/6/2010 #52
Tekla

Fang, whenever you're lurking, I have a question.

I want to participate in the Challenge thread, but I want to set it as the day when I should be finished and start seeking the help of a beta. However, I'm not sure if that's allowed.

Would it be possible for me to set a challenge to have everything written by a certain date, then have a beta by a certain date? After that point, publishing up on FP would be inevitable, but depends how long my beta would take with comments.

what do you think?

6/7/2010 #53
VelvetyCheerio

Would it be possible for me to set a challenge to have everything written by a certain date, then have a beta by a certain date? After that point, publishing up on FP would be inevitable, but depends how long my beta would take with comments.

If you want to beta the piece, it would just be better to try and set an end date for the beta and getting it up on FP. Otherwise, you could just post it as it is and leave at that, but I don't know if you'd want to go through the hassle of getting the chapter beta'd later and then re-posting it.

6/10/2010 #54
Tekla

awright. Thanks Fang!

(p.s. check your email, if you haven't already :P )

6/10/2010 #55
Avant-garde and Dream Realms

Is it just me or has the Artist Trade thread disappeared?

10/13/2010 #56
VelvetyCheerio

We had an Artist Trade thread? o.O

10/15/2010 #57
« Prev Page 1 2
Forum Moderators: Lime-Cat VelvetyCheerio, theflyingcrabsareeatingmyhair, UndeadWithoutCoffee
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member