Break Writer's Block
Do you have a case of Writer's Block? Click on the link for the cure! Aspiring writers welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Lime-Cat

Carus started a text-based telephony game in Chatterbox and I played along. So, for those who are extremely bored, we are implementing BWB's first game thread! Here's how it works:

Rule 1: The phrase must be typed by hand.

Rule 2: To start a new round, "title" your post by typing NEW PHRASE in bold. The round ends when someone makes a post pointing out a typo in bold and heading the post with TYPO!. See illustration for more details.

Rule 2.1: If a phrase has been open for more than 10 days (240 hours) according to FP time, then anyone can close the phrase using the bolded tag: CLOSED.

Rule 3: You may add whatever you like to either end of the phrase. For example, if the phrase is "no comment to your 'no comment'", you can type: well, no comment to your "no comment" to your 'no comment'"comment. However, you are only allowed to use characters that are on a QWERTY keyboard - no fancy HTML codes or ascii characters, please.

Rule 4: Other than the words, punctuation and spaces count! Be careful.

Rule 5: If someone sees the phrase has been copied wrong (aka there is at least 1 typo in the quoted text), they can make a post pointing out the typo and request a review from the person who messed up. From there, they can start a new phrase and the (frustrating) game resumes.

Rule 5.1: Any edited post is by default considered a mess up because there is no reason to edit other than to correct mistakes.

Rule 6: Anyone can point out a mess up. Whoever that points it out first gets to request a review. If you make a mistake in pointing out the mess up, then the review is still up for grabs. If a mess up goes unnoticed and the next participant continues play, you cannot backtrack and call out the mess up - only the most recent mess up will count.

Rule 7: If two or more people respond simultaneously, then the last person who responded (the most recent post) is the one to copy EXCEPT if someone has pointed out a mess up. In that case, the round has ended and the posts following the call out post are not valid.

Rule 8: Both stories and poems can be requested for review, but reviews must follow the review requirements as indicated by the second post of this page.

Rule 8.1: Reviews must be received within three days of winning. If they are not given within this time period, then the player who owes the review(s) is not allowed to play in TBT until the review(s) have been received by the winner.

Rule 9: If and only if a round has been closed due to the time limit, anyone may start a new round with a new phrase.

-----

Illustration:

Person A: New Phrase: mumblingmumbles.

Person B: mumbly"mumblingmumbles."mummummumbling!

Person C: mumblemumble'mumbly"mumblingmumbles."mummummumbling!'mumblahhK.

Person D: mumingmumbly"mumblingmumbles."mumbling!'mumblahhK."period.

Person A: TYPO! [mumingmumbly"mumblingmumbles."mumbling!'mumblahhK."period.] I request a review on "Story Ink". New phrase is incoherency is key to coherentness or something to that sort.

Person E: coherency is not the key to "incoherency is the key to coherentness or something to that sort." or anything to that sort of nothingness!.

-----

Anyway, this goes on and on. The plan is to get someone to mess up so that you can get a review. Before you type your continuation of the telephony phrase, quote the phrase you are continuing.

Still have a question about the rules? Then head to Problems and General Questions! Have fun!

2/15/2009 . Edited 3/31/2009 #1
Lime-Cat

Review Requirements

Reviews must follow the review requirements: Pick one category and give two sentences about that category. Simple sentences such as "I like this", "This was very enjoyable" or "No mistakes." do not count. Remember: constructive criticism is the point of reviews, flaming is not.

Story Categories include:

Plot

Scene

Opening

Character(s)/Character Relationships

Flow/Pace

Grammar

Poem Categories include:

Imagery/Description

Rhythm

Flow

Form/Structure

Tone

Grammar

Language (i.e. word play, antiquated language, etc) )

Time allowed: Reviews must be received within three days of winning. If they are not given within this time period, then the player who owes the review(s) is not allowed to play in TBT until the review(s) have been received by the winner.

2/15/2009 . Edited 2/16/2009 #2
Lime-Cat

CURRENT REVIEW LIST FOR TBT!

Lime lost: It Feels Real (Beatles) DONE

Beatles lost: Dreams (Karas) DONE

Karas lost: anything (Net) DONE

Lime lost: Newbie Visits The Review Game (Beatles) DONE

Beatles lost: anything (Lime) DONE

Karas lost: River (Beatles) DONE

Bubbles lost: Olympic Dreams (Zion) DONE

Lime lost: anything (Beatles) DONE

Beatles lost: anything (Karas) DONE

Sesshy lost: Sister (Bubbles) DONE

Beatles lost: anything (Net) DONE

Sesshy lost: Truth of it all (Lime) DONE

Sesshy lost: Have you noticed at all (Beatles) DONE

Karas lost: Forget Me Nows (Sesshy) DONE

Beatles lost: anything (Sesshy) DONE

Lime lost: anything (Frac) DONE

Karas lost: anything (Lime) DONE

Lime lost: anything (Bubbles) DONE

Karas lost: The Perfect Rain (Beatles) DONE

Squeaks lost: Tainted (Karas) DONE

[18th Feb] Rain lost: White Rabbit (Lassie) DONE

[18th Feb] Sir lost: anything (Bubbles) DONE

[19th Feb] Sir lost: anything (Radio) DONE

[19th Feb] Sir lost: anything (Everest) DONE

[21st Feb] Sheriff lost: anything (Sir) DONE

[31st March] No one lost: CLOSED.

[31st March] Crow lost: anything (Mufasa) DONE

[31st March] Karas lost (again -_-"): "t" (Euro) DONE

[31st March] Beatles lost: anything (Euro) DONE

[31st March] Euro lost: anything (Zion) DONE

[4th April] Euro lost: River (Beatles) DONE

[29th April] No one lost; CLOSED

[5th June] No one lost; CLOSED

[5th July] No one lost; CLOSED

Please PM any mod once you have done your review. Please state author, chapter and story name.

2/15/2009 . Edited by Carus, 7/5/2009 #3
Carus

The phrase is squishsquashing

2/15/2009 #4
Lime-Cat

squishsquashing

squash the "squishsquashing" squash squisher.

2/15/2009 #5
Carus

squash the "squishsquashing" squash squisher.

How dare you "squash the "squishsquashing" squash squisher." when I am squishing the squish squasher!

2/15/2009 #6
Lime-Cat

How dare you "squash the "squishsquashing" squash squisher." when I am squishing the squish squasher!

How dare you "squash the "squishsquashing" squash squisher." when I am squishing the squish squasher! Response: becuase I can! and thus, I will! so hmpf! rawr. XD

2/15/2009 #7
Carus

How dare you "squash the "squishsquashing" squash squisher." when I am squishing the squish squasher! Response: becuase I can! and thus, I will! so hmpf! rawr. XD

I squishsquash you for saying "How dare you "squash the "squishsquashing" squashsquisher." when I am squishing the squish squasher! Response: becuase I can! and thus, I will! so hmpf! rawr. XD"

2/15/2009 #8
Lime-Cat

I squishsquash you for saying "How dare you "squash the "squishsquashing" squashsquisher." when I am squishing the squish squasher! Response: becuase I can! and thus, I will! so hmpf! rawr. XD"

squishingsquishedsmosh...'I squishsquash you for saying "How dare you "squash the "squishsquashing" squashsquisher." when I am squishing the squish squasher! Response: becuase I can! and thsu, I will! so hmpf! rawr. XD"'*raspbeery!*;p./end

2/15/2009 #9
Carus

squishingsquishedsmosh...'I squishsquash you for saying "How dare you "squash the "squishsquashing" squashsquisher." when I am squishing the squish squasher! Response: becuase I can! and thsu, I will! so hmpf! rawr. XD"'*raspbeery!*;p./end

TYPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/15/2009 #10
Lime-Cat

TYPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:O :O :O

CRAP! what would you like to have reviewed, Crow dearest? ^^'

2/15/2009 #11
Carus

If you have indeed lost, I request a review on Miss Bob's story It Feels Real

2/15/2009 #12
Carus

The phrase is:

Nothing is never something.

2/15/2009 #13
Lime-Cat

Nothing is never something.

'Nothing is never something.'and something is always anything, which is sometimes everything or maybe nothing at all. XD

2/15/2009 #14
Carus

'Nothing is never something.'and something is always anything, which is sometimes everything or maybe nothing at all. XD

"'Nothing is never something.'and something is always anything, which is sometimes everything or maybe nothing at all. XD" Everything is mdae up of somethings and somethings are composed of nothings, sometimes.

2/15/2009 #15
Miss Bob

Typo! Kas!

2/15/2009 #16
Carus

Typo! Kas!

What? Where????

2/15/2009 #17
Miss Bob

*new to this*

"'Nothing is never something.'and something is always anything, which is sometimes everything or maybe nothing at all. XD" Everything is mdae up of somethings and somethings are composed of nothings, sometimes.

Counts as a typo?

2/15/2009 #18
UndeadWithoutCoffee

No it does not. If Karas puts a typo in her own part all followers have to copy the typo.

2/15/2009 #19
Lime-Cat

"'Nothing is never something.'and something is always anything, which is sometimes everything or maybe nothing at all. XD" Everything is mdae up of somethings and somethings are composed of nothings, sometimes. * so does that meaen somthing is everything is nothing?

2/15/2009 #20
Miss Bob

"'Nothing is never something.'and something is always anything, which is sometimes everything or maybe nothing at all. XD" Everything is mdae up of somethings and somethings are composed of nothings, sometimes. * so does that meaen somthing is everything is nothing?

""'Nothing is never something.'and something is always anything, which is sometimes everything or maybe nothing at all. XD" Everything is mdae up of somethings and somethings are composed of nothings, sometimes. *so does that meaen somthing is everything is nothing?" It is very possible that everything is nothing on some occasions, so therefore can nothing be anything?

2/15/2009 #21
Lime-Cat

""'Nothing is never something.'and something is always anything, which is sometimes everything or maybe nothing at all. XD" Everything is mdae up of somethings and somethings are composed of nothings, sometimes. *so does that meaen somthing is everything is nothing?" It is very possible that everything is nothing on some occasions, so therefore can nothing be anything?

TYPO!!! Beatles didn't have a space after '*'!

Beatles, please review Karas' poem Dreams. Thank you for playing *bows*

2/15/2009 #22
Lime-Cat

New phrase is:

Teh definition of nothing is everything, anything and at the end of the day/night absolutely nothing at all.

2/15/2009 #23
Carus

Teh definition of nothing is everything, anything and at the end of the day/night absolutely nothing at all.

You say "Teh definition of nothing is everything, anything and at the end of the day/night absolutely nothing at all." but can that really be absolutely unavoidably definitely true? (Adverbs FTW!)

2/15/2009 #24
Miss Bob

You say "Teh definition of nothing is everything, anything and at the end of the day/night absolutely nothing at all." but can that really be absolutely unavoidably definitely true? (Adverbs FTW!)

"You say "Teh definition of nothing is everything, anything and at the end of the day/night absolutely nothing at all." but can that really be absolutely unavoidably definitely true? (Adverbs FTW!)" I hear you cry? But that would mean you are assuming the truth is absolute, unavoidable and definite, when nothing can be any of these things... which would also mean that everything can be all of those things, so therefore QED.

2/15/2009 #25
Carus

"You say "Teh definition of nothing is everything, anything and at the end of the day/night absolutely nothing at all." but can that really be absolutely unavoidably definitely true? (Adverbs FTW!)" I hear you cry? But that would mean you are assuming the truth is absolute, unavoidable and definite, when nothing can be any of these things... which would also mean that everything can be all of those things, so therefore QED.

""You say "Teh definition of nothing is everything, anything and at the end of the day/night absolutely nothing at all." but can that really be absolutely unavoidably definitely true? (Adverbs FTW!)" I hear you cry? But that would mean you are assuming the truth is absolute, unavoidable and definite, when nothing can be any of these things... which would also mean that everything can be all of those things, so therefore QED." Everything, nothing, and aynthing you say is a lie, but then it is also truth.

2/15/2009 #26
Lime-Cat

""You say "Teh definition of nothing is everything, anything and at the end of the day/night absolutely nothing at all." but can that really be absolutely unavoidably definitely true? (Adverbs FTW!)" I hear you cry? But that would mean you are assuming the truth is absolute, unavoidable and definite, when nothing can be any of these things... which would also mean that everything can be all of those things, so therefore QED." Everything, nothing, and aynthing you say is a lie, but then it is also truth.

'""You say "Teh definition of nothing is everything, anything and at the end of the day/night absolutely nothing at all." but can that really be absolutely unavoidably definitely true? (Adverbs FTW!)" I hear you cry? But that would mean you are assuming the truth is absolute, unavoidable and definite, when nothing can be any of these things... which would also mean that everything can be all of those things, so therefore QED." Everything, nothing, and aynthing you say is a lie, but then it is also truth.'So is that to say {random} behind every truth there is a lie or that {blahhh} behind every lie there is at least an ounce or iknling of truth buried in it?...x_O

2/15/2009 #27
Carus

'""You say "Teh definition of nothing is everything, anything and at the end of the day/night absolutely nothing at all." but can that really be absolutely unavoidably definitely true? (Adverbs FTW!)" I hear you cry? But that would mean you are assuming the truth is absolute, unavoidable and definite, when nothing can be any of these things... which would also mean that everything can be all of those things, so therefore QED." Everything, nothing, and aynthing you say is a lie, but then it is also truth.'So is that to say {random} behind every truth there is a lie or that {blahhh} behind every lie there is at least an ounce or iknling of truth buried in it?...x_O

Sometimes "'""You say "Teh definition of nothing is everything, anything and at the end of the day/night absolutely nothing at all." but can that really be absolutely unavoidably definitely true? (Adverbs FTW!)" I hear you cry? But that would mean you are assuming the truth is absolute, unavoidable and definite, when nothing can be any of these things... which would also mean that everything can be all of those things, so therefore QED." Everything, nothing, and aynthing you say is a lie, but then it is also truth.'So is that to say {random} behind every truth there is a lie or that {blahhh} behind every lie there is at least an ounce or iknling of truth buried in it?...x_O" It is potentially (perhaps) comparable (maybe) to the reasoning (ohmigawsh, logic?) that every myth or legend has its roots in real events (Minotaur, hell yeah!).

2/15/2009 #28
Lime-Cat

Sometimes "'""You say "Teh definition of nothing is everything, anything and at the end of the day/night absolutely nothing at all." but can that really be absolutely unavoidably definitely true? (Adverbs FTW!)" I hear you cry? But that would mean you are assuming the truth is absolute, unavoidable and definite, when nothing can be any of these things... which would also mean that everything can be all of those things, so therefore QED." Everything, nothing, and aynthing you say is a lie, but then it is also truth.'So is that to say {random} behind every truth there is a lie or that {blahhh} behind every lie there is at least an ounce or iknling of truth buried in it?...x_O" It is potentially (perhaps) comparable (maybe) to the reasoning (ohmigawsh, logic?) that every myth or legend has its roots in real events (Minotaur, hell yeah!).

*makesamaddashfortheoxygentankandtakesseveralgulpsofairfromitbeforestarting*Sometimes "'""You say "Teh definition of nothing is everything, anything and at the end of the day/night absolutely nothing at all." but can that really be absolutely unavoidably definitely true? (Adverbs FTW!)" I hear you cry? But that would mean you are assuming the truth is absolute, unavoidable and definite, when nothing can be any of these things... which would also mean everything can be all of those things, so therefore QED." Everything, nothing and aynthing you say is a lie, but then it is also truth.'So is that to say {random} behind every truth there is a lie or that {blahhh} behind every lie there is at least an ounce or iknling of truth buried in it?...x_O" It is potentially (perhaps) comparable (maybe) to the reasoning (ohmigawsh, logic?) that every myth or legend has its roots in real events (Minotaur, hell yeah!).***holycrapola,canthisbeacaseofteh mummummumblingmummummummingmumblies?!?!!?1!?;pQED-a.gain!

2/15/2009 #29
Carus

*makesamaddashfortheoxygentankandtakesseveralgulpsofairfromitbeforestarting*Sometimes "'""You say "Teh definition of nothing is everything, anything and at the end of the day/night absolutely nothing at all." but can that really be absolutely unavoidably definitely true? (Adverbs FTW!)" I hear you cry? But that would mean you are assuming the truth is absolute, unavoidable and definite, when nothing can be any of these things... which would also mean everything can be all of those things, so therefore QED." Everything, nothing and aynthing you say is a lie, but then it is also truth.'So is that to say {random} behind every truth there is a lie or that {blahhh} behind every lie there is at least an ounce or iknling of truth buried in it?...x_O" It is potentially (perhaps) comparable (maybe) to the reasoning (ohmigawsh, logic?) that every myth or legend has its roots in real events (Minotaur, hell yeah!).***holycrapola,canthisbeacaseofteh mummummumblingmummummummingmumblies?!?!!?1!?;pQED-a.gain!

Right now, I am looking on in horror. :O Aaand... "*makesamaddashfortheoxygentankandtakesseveralgulpsofairfromitbeforestarting*Sometimes "'""You say "Teh definition of nothing is everything, anything and at the end of the day/night absolutely nothing at all." but can that really be absolutely unavoidably definitely true? (Adverbs FTW!) I hear you cry? But that would mean you are assuming the truth is absolute, unavoidable and definite, when nothing can be any of these things... which would also mean everything can be all of those things, so therefore QED." Everything, nothing and aynthing you say is a lie, but then it is also truth.'So is that to say {random} behind every truth there is a lie or that {blahhh} behind every lie there is at least an ounce or iknling of truth buried in it?...x_O" It is potentially (perhaps) comparable (maybe) to the reasoning (ohmigawsh, logic?) that every myth or legend has its roots in real events (Minotaur, hell yeah!).***holycrapola,canthisbeacaseofteh mummummumblingmummummummingmumblies?!?!!?1?;pQED-a.gain!" Ich hassst du, Limecat!! Jajajajajajajajajaja!!

2/15/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Lime-Cat VelvetyCheerio, theflyingcrabsareeatingmyhair, UndeadWithoutCoffee
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member