Break Writer's Block
Do you have a case of Writer's Block? Click on the link for the cure! Aspiring writers welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »
Avant-garde and Dream Realms

Can you explain again what we're trying to figure out please? I'm kind of lost lol. In the beginning you said

How did this happen?/What happened?

We know she killed herself (takes care of the what happened) but I'm pretty sure the whole "she killed herself" thing takes care of the "how did this happen?". Sort of.

4/5/2009 #301
skyward squidly squee

On just long enough to post this.

Heh. Well. ...

What you still don't have is the why she screamed in response to the phone ringing, which the way she killed herself is tied into.

4/5/2009 #302
UndeadWithoutCoffee

OFF TOPIC

The idea of this game is not to find out what happened (aka "she killed herself"), but to find out a chain of events that led to the situation the quizmster described. So finding out that she killed herself is not enough, it is just one piece. The goal is to find out exactly what actions lead to the event that is described. That includes not only the what but also the how and why.

Of course you could say: She wanted to kill herself and that lead to the phone ringing a woman screaming and red light flasching, but it does not illuminate what events really led to that result.

END OFF TOPIC

4/6/2009 #303
Avant-garde and Dream Realms

Thanks to both of you for clarifying. =]

So....did the woman kill herself by use of the phone? (like she electrocuted herself in a bathtub or something but needed the phone call to set the "spark"?)

4/6/2009 #304
skyward squidly squee

Update:

Question 1: So....did the woman kill herself by use of the phone? (like she electrocuted herself in a bathtub or something but needed the phone call to set the "spark"?)

Answer: No, she did not kill herself using the phone.

4/7/2009 #305
UndeadWithoutCoffee

OFF TOPIC

You may give a hint if no one can guess it in such a long time

END OFF TOPIC

4/10/2009 #306
Musa di Apollo

Off topic:

Hey, I'm new to this forum. Do I need to sign up?

Off of off topic...?:

Did the woman scream after hearing the voicemail which turned out to be someone who wanted her friendship, but she screamed so loud she...popped a blood vessel and died? xD

4/10/2009 . Edited 4/10/2009 #307
Lime-Cat

-- OFF TOPIC --

@Fan 'o Fiction: Lime directs you to the "Introduce Yourself!" thread to well, introduce yourself. Lime supposes that's the only "signing up" you need to do other than read and obey the rules of each thread as they appear in the first post of each thread. XD

You'll get a proper welcome in the Introduce Yourself thread. Yep.

-- END OFF TOPIC

4/10/2009 #308
UndeadWithoutCoffee

CLOSED - due to long time and not solved. Euro, please enlighten us what happened in your situation.

NEW SITUATION:

A man runs into a building and the front portal closed, trapping him inside.

How did this happen? (The difficulty here is not what happened as this is quite clear, but rather how the man ended up like this)

4/12/2009 #309
moreorlessdeleted

i must ask: is anyone dead?

4/12/2009 #310
Lime-Cat

-- OFF TOPIC --

lol. Tweet, Net likes dead people situations, so Lime can answer your question: yes, he's dead...

right, Net?

-- END OFF TOPIC --

Question: was the man being chased into the building?

4/12/2009 #311
UndeadWithoutCoffee

UPDATE:

Question 1: Was anyone dead?

Answer: Well there are a lot of dead people on this planet. But neither of them played a part of any size in this situation!

Question 2: was the man being chased into the building?

Answer: Yes he was chased with the purpose to catch him. But to enter said building was his idea.

4/12/2009 #312
Lime-Cat

Question: is the building of any significance to the situation?

4/12/2009 #313
moreorlessdeleted

where there people inside the building waiting to help/rescue him?

4/12/2009 #314
UndeadWithoutCoffee

Update:

Question 1: is the building of any significance to the situation?

Answer: Well yes and no. Yes: It stopped him running away, but it will not tell you anything unless you find out why he was running away and why he ran into that building, and what that building is.

Question 2: where there people inside the building waiting to help/rescue him?

Answer: There were people inside, as someone of them obviously triggered the closing of the front portal in some way.

4/12/2009 #315
Lime-Cat

Is the building located in a heavily populated area where people will notice him if he stood at the edge of the roof ready to jump (suicide act)?

4/12/2009 #316
UndeadWithoutCoffee

Update:

Question 1: Is the building located in a heavily populated area where people will notice him if he stood at the edge of the roof ready to jump (suicide act)?

Answer: I´d say it wasn´t in the middle of a huge town (as in city center of NY or so), but it was not a ghost city either. So I´d say well populated.

4/12/2009 #317
Carus

What do you mean by front 'portal'? Like a door?

4/13/2009 #318
UndeadWithoutCoffee

Update:

Question 1: What do you mean by front 'portal'? Like a door?

Answer: Yeah but bigger/wider as a normal door. It´s not like the front door of a family home.

4/13/2009 #319
moreorlessdeleted

did he steal something from the people who are chasing him?

4/14/2009 #320
UndeadWithoutCoffee

Update:

Question 1: did he steal something from the people who are chasing him?

Answer: Nope

4/14/2009 #321
moreorlessdeleted

did he somehow p*** off the people who are chasing him?

4/14/2009 #322
UndeadWithoutCoffee

Update:

Question 1: did he somehow p*** off the people who are chasing him?

Answer: Well obviously he has done something that made them chase him.

4/14/2009 #323
Lime-Cat

Is he running from the law?

4/15/2009 #324
UndeadWithoutCoffee

Update:

Question 1: Is he running from the law?

Answer: Yep ;)

But you have to give me some more in order to solve this: What was the building, why was he running and why was he trapped inside?

4/15/2009 #325
Lime-Cat

Is he running from the law, ran into a police/law enforcement building and subsequently locked up in prison? I don't know why he is running though...traffic violation? lol.

4/15/2009 #326
UndeadWithoutCoffee

Update: Okay Lime I will consider it solved: The man ran away from the law, he was a escapee from a local prison and ran away. Of course he was instantly followed by the police to capture him again. At some point he took a turn and ran into a building he thought was a mall. He was completely unaware that he was entering a high security prison. The joyful officers took their chance and closed the door behind the man and thus the escape was ended very quickly.

Just as a funny remark: This really happened. So did the incident with the clad diver in the burned forest. I found both stories in a book.

COSED

4/16/2009 . Edited 4/16/2009 #327
skyward squidly squee

Off Topic

CLOSED - due to long time and not solved. Euro, please enlighten us what happened in your situation.

Hey. Sorry. My computer hasn't been working at all the past few days. This is the first time I've been back on.

Okay. So the woman had no friends, she was lonely. She decided to kill herself by jumping out of her hotel window. Just as she jumped, she heard the phone rang. She screamed, because she thought no one would ever call her and now that someone had she was going to die. Of course, the red light flashing was the answering machine with a message.

End Off Topic

4/19/2009 #328
vvild

New Situation____________________

A bird dropped a eyeball into a cup, the women drinks it with poise and then starts rolling around laughing.

How did this happen?

4/20/2009 #329
UndeadWithoutCoffee

Now forgive me for not asking a Yes/No-Question, but could you explaing what drinkin with poise means? I am not a native english and I am at a loss what it means in my language, so would you mind describing that in other words?

4/20/2009 #330
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Lime-Cat VelvetyCheerio, theflyingcrabsareeatingmyhair, UndeadWithoutCoffee
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member