midnight desires vampire RP
will love bloom from something that shouldent be.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
R. Lauden

The old cabin sits beside a handsome lake, which reflects the sky with stunning clarity. Oftentimes, a soft breeze will stir through the clearing and cause soft ripples across the surface of the water. A chorus of birds chirp from the surrounding treetops, the leaves rattle in the boughs, and gentle waves lap against a rotting dock.

Sitting on the rocky bank, is a collapsed cabin. The door hangs askew, the darkness beyond yawning at wary visitors.

11/5/2009 . Edited 11/8/2009 #1
R. Lauden

Regan flickered into existance, falling to his knees beside the lake. He underestimated the effects of the salt crystals, which were wtill effecting his power. He scraped himself to his feet, glimpsing the lake for only a moment. He grabbed a pile of smooth rocks, walking across the property and dropping them to the ground. They struck the earth with a thud. He waved his hand over the stones, mustering his remaining power.

The rocks glowed, adpoting strange runes. He smirked, picking them up and circling the property. He dropped them around, creating a pentagram. He expected the witches to try and find him, but that spell was unshakable. There would be no finding him, so long as he remained within the points of the pentagram.

He brushed his hands off and turned to face the cabin. The pathetic structure was ready to collapse, but he liked the appearance. He waved two fingers through the air. A blue light pulsed from within the shadows, growing brighter. He moved towards the cabin, ducking through the crooked doorframe. The blue radiance flashed over him. The insides of the cabin expanded, forming a cozy home.

From the outside, the cabin was a collapsing ruin. From the inside, it was a cozy place to call home. He stepped across the hardwood floor, reporting to the fireplace.

11/5/2009 #2
R. Lauden

Regan walked outside, staring out over the lake. The sun was setting in the western sky, dragging traces of lavender and orange in its wake. He admired the sunset, but it was nothing like Sterling. At one point, Sterling had three suns. The sunset was the most magnifiscent thing in the world... his world anyway. This world was strange and peculiar. He walked up to the edge of the lake, nearly stepping outside his bounderies. He took a step backwards, weary of seeing the witches anytime soon. The women gushed over him enough in Sterling.

11/5/2009 #3
R. Lauden

As the sun set over the horizon, Regan made up his mind to explore the new world. He scratched at his tattoo, leaving nothing behind but a swirl of blue smoke.

[[Regan to the Abandoned Hotel.]]

11/5/2009 . Edited 11/6/2009 #4
fictionalxbliss

[From the Abandoned Hotel]

Mary blinked, gasped, looked around. Where were they? She glanced at Regan, not realizing her nails were digging into his arm.

"How?" she whispered with uncertain, and immensely curious eyes.

11/8/2009 #5
fictionalxbliss

[I'll try to be back in thirty minutes.]

11/8/2009 . Edited 11/8/2009 #6
R. Lauden

"Magic." He told her, a gleam in his sea-green eyes. He led her towards the dilapidated cabin. The doorway gaped open, the darkness yawning beyond. He planted a foot on the first stair, the plank surrendering with a snap. His foot landed on the earth. "I should probably fix that." He mumbled, bowing down to enter through the crooked entrance. A blast of warm air exhaled from the cabin, ruffling his dark hair. The warm fire welcomed him home.

11/8/2009 #7
fictionalxbliss

Mary followed him studiously. She would have laughed when the stair had broken if not for the previous events of the night. His home was nothing special, but neither was hers. The only difference of the two homes were that hers was more stabilizedand his had a charm to it. She stood next to Regan, wondering so many things about him.

As his hair ruffled from a small breeze Mary asked, "What are you?"

11/8/2009 #8
R. Lauden

"I'm a wizard." He told her, stepping through the doorway. The inside of the cabin was cozy and pristine. The floors were polished mahogany. The walls appeared like stacked logs, fused together with plaster. A spiral staircase led to a second floor loft, with a bed and an armoir. He chose the cabin to hide, because the outside was deceiving.

11/8/2009 #9
fictionalxbliss

Her eyes widened when she stepped across the threshold.

"Never judge a book by it's cover," she mumbled under her breath, taking in the cabin's true charm.

"So you're a male witch?" Mary asked, watching him closely.

11/8/2009 #10
R. Lauden

He laughed at the idea. "I guess you could say that." He motioned for her to take a seat on the leather couch. He crossed the room to the kitchen and pulled a cup out of the overhead cabinents. "Can I get you something to drink?" He asked, filling it with water from the tap.

11/8/2009 #11
fictionalxbliss

Mary sat down and instantly relaxed into the leather seating. She just realizsed sh had never once sat no her own leather couch. She cast a small mile in his direction as she took note of her parched throat.

"Yes, please."

11/8/2009 #12
R. Lauden

[[SORRY! I was writing an email.]]

"What would you like?" He asked, grabbing another cup for himself. He filled it with water and waved his hand over the top. The water turned to fine wine. He smirked, flicking his fingers at the actual cup. It shuttered and transformed into a wine glass. "Wine?" He asked, taking a gulp of his own.

11/8/2009 #13
fictionalxbliss

[It's fine. I was busy with 3 characters in another RPG anyway. I took awhile.]

Her mouth fell open a little at his magic tricks. "Um, yes, that is fine." She was very much amazed by this man.

11/8/2009 #14
R. Lauden

Regan cast the same illusion on the other cup, rounding the couch and handing it to Mary. "Do you like it here?" He asked. The fire crackled behind a metal grate, sending off sparks which twirled in the air.

11/8/2009 #15
fictionalxbliss

[Sorry, I had to eat and took longer than I thought.]

Mary sipped her wine carefully. "Yes, I do."

She watched the fire for a few moments before speaking again.

"What else can you do?" she asked, her eyes dancing back to his.

11/8/2009 . Edited 11/8/2009 #16
R. Lauden

He smiled, glancing at the reflection in the window. He scratched his tattoo, making the figure come to life. He waved two fingers and the reflection was wearing a black turtleneck. He scratched his tattoo again and suddenly he was wearing the sweater. "That is an easy one." He announced. "Most of my magic is trasportation. I can transport objects. That wine came from somewhere. A person was getting ready to sip their wine. Then... they are holding a cup and sipping water."

11/8/2009 #17
fictionalxbliss

Mary noticed he was very handsome in the black turtleneck.

"So, you're stealing?" she asked, slightly confused.

11/8/2009 #18
R. Lauden

He never thought of it that way. "Yes, I suppose." He wondered if that bothered her, he decided to explain one of his other powers. "I can create illusions." He told her, snatching a decorative bowl from the table. He tossed it through the air. In mid-air, it transformed into a white dove. "Those never last, though." He took a sip of his wine. The dove struggled in the air, falling to the ground. The glass bowl crashed to the ground over his shoulder. It shattered across the mahogany floor.

11/8/2009 #19
fictionalxbliss

Mary jumped when the bowl broke. She One moment there was a bowl, a dove, then a bowl again. She was almost sad to see the dove gone.

"Can you bring Gregory back to life?" she asked slowly.

11/8/2009 #20
R. Lauden

The color drained from his face. His body trembled slightly. "I've tried it before." He admitted. "You can bring back their body, but never their soul. That part is lost." He cast his eyes on the fire, taking a long sip of his wine. He remembered the look in his sister's eyes, the dead glaze that overcame her. He thought he could bring her back. All he got was a zombie.

11/8/2009 #21
fictionalxbliss

Mary choked back tears yet again. "I'm so sorry. I should not have asked. Usually, Mary was quite a lady, but her emotions had exceeded the norm. She nearly gulped down the rest of her wine. She didn't care if his magic was technically stealing, which was also unlike her.

"May I have another glass?" she asked not looking at him.

11/8/2009 . Edited 11/8/2009 #22
R. Lauden

"Sure." He took the glass from her, rising to his feet and going to the sink. He filled it with water, waving his hand over the the top. It dawned a red tint, which flowered through it like a drop of dye. He brought it back to her, sliding onto the couch. "Thank-you." He smiled, casting his eyes on the fire. The embers glowed, the room throbbing with heat.

11/8/2009 #23
fictionalxbliss

"What for?" Mary asked. She removed her blazer, sweat beginning to form at her temples. She took a large sip of her wine, watching Regan.

11/8/2009 #24
R. Lauden

"For spending time with me." He glanced back at her, still smiling. "This world is a lot colder than Sterling." He admitted, watching her shrug out of the blazer. "Are you too hot?" He asked, concern lacing his features.

11/8/2009 #25
fictionalxbliss

"I'm fine. You know, you don't have to thank me. If it weren't for you, I...." Mary stopped as her throat tightened. Please, not again, she thought to herself. But she couldn't stop. She turned her face away from him as tears trickled down her cheeks.

"Tell me about Sterling," she begged still not facing him. She quickly wiped away her tears, hating that she was so weak.

11/8/2009 #26
R. Lauden

Regan did not know how to respond to her tears. He decided to tell her a little bit about Sterling. "I worked in the palace as the royal wizard. It was a great honor, but the queen was using my power to supress the celestial race. Uh..." He tried to think of how to describe them. "They have long ears, pale skin, they are naturally peaceful creatures." He took a sip of whine, realizing that he was kind of just blabbering. "Are you okay?" He asked, bowing his head to try and catch her gaze.

11/8/2009 #27
fictionalxbliss

Memories of the past suddenly flashed in her thoughts. She remembered how Gregory had spoken so fondly of supernatural beings, but she only assumed it was all from a book. Fiction. My God, was it something supernatural?, she thought. She knew she could not call the police now. Not if such creatures existed. Mary turned further away from Regan. She didn't want him to see her tears even if he had seen them before. A lady was not supposed to cry or show any distraught emotion in public. She should do it in the private of her own room.

"Yes, I am fine." She took a long sip from her wine glass until it was empty. "I am sorry your queen was that way to you. May I please have another glass of wine?" Mary hiccuped. She turned, extending her hand which held the glass. She did not meet his gaze, and did not mean to be rude. A lady should only drink one glass of wine. A lady should always keep eye contact. A lady should never shrug. A lady should always have straight posture. A lady should always be polite. A lady should always be the picture perfect image of innocence. Oh, shut up! she thought.

11/8/2009 #28
R. Lauden

Regan rose to his feet, reporting again to the sink and performing his parlor trick. He sighed, crossing the room and sinking back onto the couch. "You don't look fine." He told her, taking another sip of his own wine. He swirled the liquid in the glass. "You can talk about it." He assured her. He knew that bottling up emotion was the worst thing to do.

11/8/2009 #29
fictionalxbliss

"Thank you for the wine," she mumbled. A lady must always speak clearly. She should never mumble or talk under her breath. Mary closed her eyes, focusing on each breath she took.

"You remind me of Gregory in some ways. He was always the gentleman," she spoke fondly. "I miss him very much. I missed him a great deal when he left, but this is so much more different because I will never see him again." She sipped her wine quietly.

11/8/2009 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: forever my sweet fictionalxbliss
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member