midnight desires vampire RP
will love bloom from something that shouldent be.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
R. Lauden

The Kingdom of Sterling is located beside a vast sea. Regan lives in a small cottage on the cliffs. He has the most breathtaking view of the harbor. Ships can be scene in the distance, their sails fluttering in the wind. The waves crash against the breakers. Seagulls ride the air currents overhead, diving into the dark waters. He enjoyes his privacy, but the queen knows where to find him. His kitchen is small, with an old fashioned stove. He has herbs hanging from the ceiling and jarred fruits on the shelves.

The castle is located a mile away, through a dark and dangerous forest. There are ghouls and ghosts that occupy the shadows. Most of the trees are dead, their naked branches reaching towards the sky.

The castle is vast, forged of stone.

11/22/2009 . Edited 11/22/2009 #1
R. Lauden

Regan heard the crash of waves and smelled the salty air. He opened his eyes slowly, the scene coming into focus. He glanced at the seaside cabin. Vines crept along the exterior wall, blooming with violet flowers. He was still clutching Mary. He took a step away, running a hand through his dark hair. He could not bite back a smile. He was home. He was back in sterling. "Mary." He laughed in excitement. "Mary, do you realize where we are?" He beamed.

A pair of full moons dangled in the sky. One dipped into the water, bright and beautiful. The sillouete of ships were cast against its magnificence. He turned his face towards the stars, which twinkled like dimonds in the havens.

11/22/2009 #2
fictionalxbliss

Mary turned to him, a shocked expression on her face. "Sterling," she whispered, an amazed grin slowly spreading across her lips. She laughed lightly at Regan's happiness. She looked around her, studying the scenery. It was breathtaking. So much more beautiful than she had been able to imagine. One thought flickered through her mind. "I wish I had my camera," she thought aloud, her eyes focusing on the two moons.

This was a place of magic and wonder. Maybe he really was from a different world. Her eyes twinkled when she stepped close to him, looking up at his handsome face. "You're so happy," she noted. His happiness brought her an overwhelming amount of joy.

11/22/2009 #3
R. Lauden

"I'm home." He smiled, pressing his forehead to hers. Their lips were dangerously close to touching.

11/22/2009 #4
fictionalxbliss

Mary's heartbeat quickened in her chest at the close proximity of Regan's lips. Her eyes met Regan's and in that moment she seemed to melt. It all felt so impossible. Regan, Sterling, magic. And it was all so beautiful, enchanting. She swallowed as her breathing became weighted. The smallest smile skirted her lips.

11/22/2009 #5
R. Lauden

Regan hesitated, realizing how close they were. Her perfume filled his nostrils with every breath. Their sillouettes were cast against the irridescent face of the moon. He would never trade that moment, not for anything. There was so much he wanted to show her, so much he wanted her to experience. He bowed his head, his lips skimming hers gently.

11/22/2009 #6
fictionalxbliss

The moment his lips brushed hers Mary felt an exciting chill roll down her spine. Her eyes fell closed as she pressed herself closer, her hands resting on his shoulders. The feel of his lips were soft and warm, slightly cautious. Mary fought back a hum of pleasure at the foreign feeling.

11/22/2009 #7
R. Lauden

Regan wrapped a powerful arm around her slender waist. His lips pressed against hers, transferring a sudden jolt of energy. He pulled away, embarrassed to have his powers acting up. He weaved his fingers with hers. "I want to show you something." He smiled, pulling her towards the seaside cottage.

11/22/2009 . Edited 11/22/2009 #8
fictionalxbliss

Mary brushed her fingertips across her lips, feeling the remnants of Regan's warmth. Slightly dizzy and mesmerized, she followed him diligently. "Okay," she said a bit wistfully, as if she was a love-drunk teenager once again.

11/22/2009 #9
R. Lauden

Regan stopped at the back door, pressing his hand against the window pane. The door rattled slightly, opening with a pronounced sigh. He smirked, shoving into the cozy kitchen. He waved his hand at a lantern on the table, causing it to glow. The room became illuminated in a warm light. Dried herbs and flowers hung from the crossbeams. "This is my house." He smiled moving towards the wine rack. "This is my wine." He smiled, grabbing a dusty bottle. He snatched two goblets off the medieval countertop and set them on the wooden island in the center of the room.

He poured two glasses and passed one to Mary. "That is Sterling wine. The best you will ever have." He assured her with a smile, taking a sip of the red liquid.

11/22/2009 #10
fictionalxbliss

Mary took the glass, holding back a giggle. "You seem very proud of Sterling." She glanced around, letting her eyes take in the sight of his house. "You have a very beautiful home," she told him before taking a sip of the wine. He was right. The wine was exquisite. She closed her eyes, a soft hum sounding from her throat.

11/22/2009 #11
R. Lauden

"Let me show you the rest." He started through a wooden archway, walking into the den. The far wall was covered with bookshelves, the worn spines fading and tattered. There was a divan in the middle of the room, flanked by two leather armchairs. There was a game of chess setting on a decorative table. "This is the den." He explained with a smile, moving towards a closed door.

11/22/2009 #12
fictionalxbliss

Mary examined the room. Her eyes came to rest on the bookshelf and she smiled. She assumed Regan enjoyed reading. Mary watched him as she followed, curious to see the rest of his home.

11/22/2009 #13
R. Lauden

Regan curled his fingers around the latch, pushing into the bedroom. He stopped in his tracks, wrinkling his brow. A tall man stood on the wool rug, his skin pale and nearly transluscent. His hair was white, falling in his green eyes. He was Fey, it was the long and pointed ears that gave it away. Regan moved in front of Mary, instinctively. A blue smoke began seeping from his tattoo, swirling around his arm. "Wren? What are you doing here."

"I brought you back." He spoke casually, his eyes flickering to Mary. "You brought company." His eyes lingered over her peculiar clothing.

"You brought me back?" He was a bit surprised. He thought Wren had ratted him out to the queen, perhaps his suspicions were wrong. "Why?"

"The Fey have lost their will to fight. They need their silver wizard." He announced, still eyeing the strange specimen over his shoulder. She was strange and puzzling. "Where exactly did Queen Meara send you?" He asked.

"Get out of my house." Regan ordered, not willing to give the Fey an answer.

11/22/2009 #14
fictionalxbliss

[Oh, I so knew something was about to happen!]

Mary peeked around Regan's shoulder, eyeing the strange person. His ears boggled her mind. She kept quiet, listening to their conversation. When there was a pause in the conversation, Mary spoke. Her hand found his as she looked up at him, fear dancing in her eyes.

"Regan," she whispered. "What's going on?" She felt like a young, defenseless child.

11/22/2009 #15
R. Lauden

[[Haha. I figured it was getting boring. I have two stories about Sterling in my stories. I think I need to hit the hay soon. Blah.]]

"You're fine, Mary."Regan assured her. He bore into his old friend with a dangerous gaze. The Fey refused to budge. He just smiled, revealing a pair of sharp fangs. His green gaze was focused on Mary. "I told you to get out." Regan snarled, taking a few steps towards the creature in his bedroom. Wren vanished in a flicker, leaving his imprint on the fabric of time. It faded gradually.

"Come with me." Regan tugged Mary back into the den, shoving open the front door. He needed to check his defenses. The best place for Mary to be was by his side.

11/22/2009 #16
fictionalxbliss

For a moment Mary stared at the fangs until the creature disappeared. She followed Regan with surprised and enchanted eyes. Sterling would certainly be an adventure.

"Where are we going?"

[Me too. I probably won't be on until after noon central time.]

11/22/2009 #17
R. Lauden

[[I will be at work by then, but I should be on by 5:00 Central]]

Regan set his goblet on the table by the door, strolling onto the front lawn. The grass waved in the salty breeze, dotted with colorful wildflowers. He let go of her hand, marching towards a pile of rocks. They were singed with intricate symbols. He frowned, gathering them up in his arms. "We have to fix the defences. If Wren can get in, anything can get in." He emphasized 'anything'. "Grab some of those stones." He told her, walking in a counter-clockwise motion and dropping one of the stones. It thudded against the earth, the symbol glowing blue.

11/22/2009 #18
fictionalxbliss

Mary placed her...cup next to Regan's. Picking up the stones, Mary squeaked, "Anything?" She watched the rocks with symbols glow. How fascinating, she thought. She followed suit with Regan. "What's so bad about that Wren guy?" Mary wondered. He had a creepy air about him, but her curiosity of the creature subsided her fear.

11/22/2009 #19
R. Lauden

"Nothing is wrong with Wren." Regan counted out ten paces and dropped another stone. "Darkness just seems to follow him around." He admitted, continuing in his counter-clockwise rotation around the sea-side cottage. "This should protect us, though." He smiled up at her.

11/23/2009 #20
fictionalxbliss

[Yeah, I never went to bed. Coffee and a sad yet humorous story kept me company. Then I got a new inspiration to write a story I've been thinking about for awhile.]

"Darkness? Is something evil after him?" Mary copied what Regan was doing, but stopped when he smiled at her. She returned the smile with one of her own. "What's so special about these stones?" Mary questioned curiously as she inspected one, running her finger over the odd symbol.

11/23/2009 #21
R. Lauden

[[Haha. I was up until 5AM. Very nice. I am going to post, go running, but then I will be back]]

Regan considered the question for a moment. "Wren is kind of a curse. He shows up, then darkness follows." He tried to explain, switching the subject towards the stones. "These stones are enchanted." He pinched one between his fingers and dropped it on the ground. "As long as we stay inside the barrier, we have nothing to worry about." He assured her, circling around to the back of the cottage.

11/23/2009 #22
fictionalxbliss

[Lol. Talk to you then, have fun!]

Mary followed him, carrying stones with her. "I like your magic," Mary decided. She also liked this side of Regan. The part of him that was home. Glancing up at the sky, she said, "I really think this is another world. Possibly a better one than my own. How do you know someone won't get through the barrier?"

11/23/2009 #23
R. Lauden

He quirked an eyebrow at her. He never really questioned the power of the stones. "I never really thought about it." He shrugged, dropping the last rock into the dirt. "Do you want to stay here for a little while?" He asked, brushing off his hands. He would understand if she wanted to return to her world, but he wanted her to stay with him.

11/23/2009 #24
fictionalxbliss

Mary dusted off her shirt after setting the stones down in a pile. "Of course I want to stay. I don't want to go back. Sterling is... magical," she said with a bright smile on her lips.

11/23/2009 #25
R. Lauden

"You mean that?" He asked, his smile growing.

11/23/2009 #26
fictionalxbliss

Her smile fell a little. "Would I be staying here permanently or am I going home soon?" She wanted desperately to stay in Sterling, forever if it were possible, but she had obligations at home. She was torn.

11/23/2009 #27
R. Lauden

Regan cast his gaze on the ground, his smile fading slightly. "Well, in that case, I may need to visit Wren. He has the phoenix elixir, which will transport you back to your world." He emphasized the word I, it was definately too dangerous for Mary. She would be safe at the cottage, so long as the gouls stayed in the woods.

11/23/2009 #28
fictionalxbliss

[Oh, God. Gouls? I sense trouble!]

"No! I mean, not yet. What if I left just for a little while, could I come back? I can't just disappear of the face of the Earth. And what about Toby? He'd starve. There has to be a way I can come back." Mary frowned, twiddling her thumbs. She didn't want to leave Regan, but her home called to her. Her heart ached for Regan and Sterling.

11/23/2009 #29
R. Lauden

[[Haha. Yeah! That EAT HUMAN FLESH... and they look like lost loved ones... ;) ;) I figured you could have fun with that. Maybe a Regan to the rescue moment.]]

"I'm sure we can figure something out." He assured her, moving towards the cottage. "You should probably get some sleep. I'll leave tomorrow morning. I could have you home by tomorrow night." He pushed through the back door, walking into the kitchen.

11/23/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: forever my sweet fictionalxbliss
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member