Fantasy RPG
An RPG world where people can be whatever they want! Post here concerning you character's name, appearance, etc.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Jackie the Giant

((@LadyBoi:Okie-dokie. Glad to have you. :D))

Edison fidgeted as he and Frankie walked back down the street towards where Kathryn's bookshop was. He was really very nervous now that he was actually going to talk to her. He stopped and turned to Frankie.

"You know, maybe I shouldn't do this." He said, his voice coming out faster in his panic. "I mean, I'm sure she has a whole slew of suitors who are much better for her than I am, and I'll probably end up falling on my face anyway, so maybe I should just go home now?" He didn't really want to quit, of course, but he was too scared to continue as he was.

3/25/2012 . Edited 3/25/2012 #61
LedyBoi
((Ha ha. I've read up to here. I love how your characters are such opposites, but seem to make a great pair, united by a love of machinery. :D)) ((Ah! Anyway! My guy got approved. Should I just...jump in? Or wait for an opening.)) ((P.S. Sorry for being so naive. :P))
3/25/2012 #62
Jackie the Giant
((No, no. It's okay. :) We just left the machine shop and are headed towards Kathryn Hartnell's bookstore. You could pop in anywhere along the road, or be waiting at the store when they get there. You're choice. :D))
3/25/2012 #63
Orio K

"Oh no," said Frankie, putting her hands on her hips, "We're going to see Miss Kat. I might have just met you this morning, but I can tell that you're a great guy, and that the two of you would be great together! Look at that flower, and remember that it couldn't have been created without you. London wouldn't be as advanced as it is without people like you, so don't depreciate yourself!"

3/25/2012 #64
Jackie the Giant

Edison nodded while swallowing loudly. "Thanks." He said. "I'm just nervous is all. What if I botch this? Would I ever get a second chance?"

3/26/2012 #65
Orio K

"Aw, you won't mess it up. And even if you did, I'm sure Miss Kat would give you another chance. She's a really nice lady." grinned Frankie, patting Edison on the back.

((Ladyboi, feel free to jump in whenever you want! This thread is pretty laid back.))

3/26/2012 #66
LedyBoi
((That's cool. :) I think that I'll come in when you get back to the bookstore, like Jackie suggested. :D ))
3/26/2012 #67
Jackie the Giant
Edison nodded nervously as they approached Hartnell's Bookstore. He was still nervous as heck, but at least now he had Frankie here to keep him from backing out in a panic.
3/26/2012 #68
Orio K
Before they went in, Frankie stopped and inspected Edison, straightening his collar and dusting metal shavings off his shoulder. "Alright, Eddi," she said, opening the door and holding it for him, "You're up! I'll be right outside, waiting and sending good thoughts."
3/26/2012 #69
Jackie the Giant
"Wait, you're not coming in with me?" Edison's voice went up a few octaves in panic, but then he forced himself to calm down and nodded. "All right. But you have to grab me if I start to panic and back out."
3/26/2012 #70
Orio K
"You won't get past me," she said, smiling, "Now go sweep that pretty lady off her feet!"
3/26/2012 #71
LedyBoi
"Lord, this happens much too often..." Marion Ansel muttered to himself as he hurried down the cobblestone road. His rusty hair billowed out behind his head as he ran, cupping a hand over his right eye. The small mechanical piece had suddenly decided to cease its function for, quite possibly, the hundredth time that week. However, in the middle of his grumbling, realized that he was fast approaching the Hartnell's Bookstore. Blinking, he wondered if now was as good a time as any to try and read up on his predicament. Getting lost in his thoughts, he hardly noticed the young overall clad girl in his path, rapidly nearing.
3/26/2012 . Edited 3/26/2012 #72
Jackie the Giant

Edison nodded at Frankie, and moved inside in search of Kathryn.

"Kathryn?" He picked up a small sign of the counter and slumped as he read it. "Be back after lunch."

3/26/2012 #73
Orio K
Frankie rocked back and forth on her heels, much too busy trying to see what Edison was doing at the counter to see the man quickly approaching her.
3/26/2012 #74
LedyBoi
((By the way...sorry about these clumped posts. I don't know why it does that...)) Snapping out of his thoughts, Marion turned his attention back to the road. A bit too late. "Ah!" He slammed into the girl, falling backwards onto the stone with a painful 'thump'. "O-Oh!" He exclaimed, glancing up to make sure he hadn't caused any serious damage. "Awfully sorry, luv! Are you alright?"
3/26/2012 #75
Alex Rashid
(I'm really curious. What is Steampunk? like, something machine like? dunno. I want to join this thread. XD)
3/26/2012 #76
Jackie the Giant
((Um, as the description says, it's basically technology set in a time when there is no technology normally, such as (in this case) Victorian London. It's just that the technology is all clockwork, is all.))
3/26/2012 #77
LedyBoi
((@Alex Rashid Hey, Alex! Steampunk is set in the Victorian era. It is sort of a mix of alternate history, science fiction and fantasy. Usually, steam power is widely used, but I think in this thread, we are using clockwork machines. :D )) ((Edit: Oh yeah. I guess it doesn't have to be in the Victorian era. I have heard of Wild West steampunk.))
3/26/2012 . Edited 3/26/2012 #78
Orio K

((Alex, I'll just leave this here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk ))

((LadyBoi, the formatting doesn't work for some reason, so you have to input your own. For paragraph breaks, use "<" and then a "p", and then close it with a ">" at the beginning of your paragraph, and then "<" with a "/p" closed with a ">" at the end. Repeat for each paragraph. It's just basic HTML code.))

Frankie was saved from falling by bumping back into the door, ringing the little customer bell. After getting over the surprise, she laughed.

"Boy, am I popular today!" she laughed, extending a hand to help the man up. "I'm alright, I'm a practically an expert at being run into outside this shop already."

3/26/2012 #79
Jackie the Giant

Edison heard the bell to the door ring, and turned, thinking it might be Kathryn returning. However, it was just Frankie, her having run into the door. A young man was there with her, and Edison curiously poked hishead out.

"Everything all right?" He asked, his voice barely above a whisper because of his natural timidity.

3/26/2012 #80
LedyBoi

((Ok, I see. Thank you, Orio. ^^))

Marion gratefully took her hand and rose to his feet, somewhat shakily. A grin spread across his face.

"Oh. I think we're fine." He chuckled, running his free hand through his red locks to smooth them down. "But, I do apologize. I wasn't paying attention. I was thinking about my-"

He paused, suddenly remembering why he was in such a hurry in the first place. "-my eye..." He poked at the faulty piece with the tip of his finger.

3/26/2012 . Edited 3/26/2012 #81
Orio K

Frankie had noticed the man's mechanical eye, as well as the bit of machinery visible between the end of his left hand glove and the sleeve of his shirt.

"Oh, wow," she said, invading his personal space to get a closer look at his eye, "Biomechanics. I've heard about it, but never seen it in person before."

((No problem! I know how irritating it is. I was thinking of putting something about it in the rules post, haha. "Orio's Guide to Fiction Press' Shitty Formatting System"))

3/26/2012 #82
Jackie the Giant
Edison realized that Frankie and her new friend must not have heard him, and was about to speak louder when he noticed the stranger's mechanic. He closed his mouth and eyed it curiously, fascinated by it. Whomever had invented it had had an interesting idea indeed.
3/26/2012 #83
LedyBoi

Marion turned his head a full 90 degrees to get a good look at the smart-looking gentleman standing inside the door.

"Oh, but where are my manners?" He said, nodding a greeting. "I'm Marion. Marion Ansel. I work in a tiny shop..." He pointed down the road behind him. "...over that way."

((@Orio Haha! Sounds like a plan. ;D))

3/26/2012 #84
Jackie the Giant

"Oh!" Edison whipped off his own hat in reply. "Professor Edison Harpsody. Inventor." He half-nodded-half-bowed in a slightly spazmodic gesture of greeting.

3/26/2012 #85
Orio K
"I'm Frankie," she said, grinning, "I work at a mech shop down that way." She waved vaguely in the direction of the shop. "So," said Frankie, intrigued by Marion's mechanical parts, but not wanting to seem rude, "Your eye, was it?"
3/26/2012 . Edited 3/26/2012 #86
LedyBoi

"Yes." Marion's grin faltered.

He knitted his gloved fingers together in a sort of pleading way. "You are an inventor?" He cocked his head at Edison. "Then, perhaps, you could help me?"

3/26/2012 . Edited 3/26/2012 #87
Jackie the Giant
Edison faultered slightly. "Well, I've never tried to invent or fix anything that would coincide with the human body." He said. "I can try, of course, if you want me to, but I might do more harm than good." He scratched his hair awkwardly, a little embarrassed by this weakness in his inventing abilities.
3/26/2012 . Edited 3/26/2012 #88
LedyBoi

Laughing, Marion patted him on the shoulder.

"That's alright!" He smiled, reassuringly. "You can't be much worse than me!"

He then blinked a few times, glancing into the bookstore behind the inventor. "If you don't mind my asking," He smirked, "What's a guy like you doing in a place like this?"

3/26/2012 . Edited 3/26/2012 #89
Jackie the Giant
Edison blinked back. "I..." He blushed slightly. "I have a lady friend, Kathryn Hartnell, who owns this bookstore." He said. He held up the mechanical hybiscis. "I was planning on giving her this."
3/26/2012 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Ibex ReallyWonder, Orio K
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member