Fantasy RPG
An RPG world where people can be whatever they want! Post here concerning you character's name, appearance, etc.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »
Orio K

((thank you guys for not leaving me behind. ;; y'all are fab.))

Alan's excitement and confidence built as he and his men showed their experience and skill against Ryon and his boys. He suffered a couple of bad moments from the better of the King's Guard, but he always recovered and came out on top. Then he looked up and the foreign king was opposite him. His pulse skyrocketed and adrenalin rushed through him as he readied his sword. But Ryon smiled and excused himself.

Slumping with a mix of relief and disappointment, the prince sighed. A servant rushed up to him and offered him a towel and a drink, both of which he accepted. He checked over his practice sword as the servant scurried away again; the blunt blade, a copy of his hand and a half, was a bit battered, but not too much the worse for wear.

As Ryon walked back over, Alan briefly wondered where Raven was and if she and Len were safe. Then Ryon taunted him, and his thoughts narrowed to the king; he was fairly certain that the brunette would try something during their bought, but he wasn't going to let that stop him. The "little" comment had stung more than he would admit, and he dropped into a ready stance without thinking to examine Ryon or his weapons.

"Ready, your highness." he hissed, grinning fiercely.

5/22/2012 #361
RoarYourWords

Ryon smiled icily and swept his black waves away from his eyes. He made the first move, lunging swiftly in a quick controlled movement, clashing his sword against Alan's.

5/22/2012 #362
ReallyWonder

((Hey Orio! glad to have you back!))

Raven tensed and cringed, gritting her teeth at the screeching sound of the metal blades colliding with the first strike. She kept her breathing steady, trying to keep herself from shaking from the knowledge she held. She could only hope that Alan would better Ryon in this fight or that Ryon wouldn't jump in for a kill shot.

5/22/2012 #363
Orio K

Alan barely had time to notice that the rest of the men on the field hadn't resumed fighting, opting to watch the royals battle instead, before their blades locked and his attention focused solely on Ryon. He men the king's controlled attack smoothly, feeling the strength behind it. His parry was pushed back and the prince was forced to move or be hit.

The prince realized that he was going to have to rely on his footwork and stances, skills drilled into him by his teachers, instead of his strength if he had any hope of winning. This also meant that he was going to have to hurry the match along, or his strength would run out much more quickly than Ryon's.

5/23/2012 #364
RoarYourWords

Ryon shifted his foot for a steady stance, with the brief contact of their strength he struggled to feel a weak spot on the prince. Ryon side stepped with quick feet, accidentally tripping his right foot up in a grassy nook in the ground. He recovered but growled from his lost opening.

5/23/2012 #365
Orio K

Alan's heart was beating a frantic tattoo in his chest, skipping long moments when Ryon's quick footwork resulted in a misstep. He berated himself for missing the opportunity, but he had mistaken the other man's falter for an attack and had sprung back.

The excitement of the fight was making the prince slightly less precise and skilled than he usually was, and old, bad habits were slipping back into his movements. Being right handed, he often over-compensated to protect his more open left side, leaving gaps in his defense on the right. It was a bad habit, because it left his fighting arm open to take damage. Alan realized that he was doing it, but couldn't get his mind to calm long enough to correct himself.

5/25/2012 #366
RoarYourWords

Ryon's quick and concise movements quickly melted away as his eyes glazed over and his attacks became more violent and more wild as he hacked his sword at Alan in an unstylish way. His forhead glistened with sweat and his breathing soon became ragged.

Fighting always did this to him, adrenaline overfueled into his body and he absorbed it like a drug, letting any anger in him mix with the rush and turning his cool composure into something he couldn't very well control.

5/25/2012 #367
Orio K

Alan almost stopped mid-parry to stare at Ryon. It was like a switch had flipped, and the king was totally out of control. This fighting style was totally different from anything he had dealt with before, and he didn't know how to react to it. His training hadn't told him how to predict this strange, violent movement.

The prince misinterpreted a thrust and stepped in instead of away; he realized his mistake only a few seconds too late and barely managed to keep from being hit squarely in the chest. Instead, the sword slid by his shoulder. If it had been a dulled practice sword, it would only have pushed him a bit, but as it was, the sharp edge bit into Alan's arm.

He disengaged quickly, stepping back out of reach in shock but staying ready for Ryon to follow him with an attack.

5/27/2012 #368
RoarYourWords

It took just a moment for the crowd around them to realize what had happened. One of Ryon's elder teachers jumped in with a sword, crossing it against Ryon's as he murmered to the young king, calming him. Ryon snapped out of his haze, dropping his sword and throwing the match. His mentor, Quain, kept his sword trained on him for safety and royal medics rushed to Alan's side. Ryon turned and stormed away, his face wearing a mask of genuine shame and anger.

5/27/2012 . Edited 5/28/2012 #369
ReallyWonder

Fighting fury, Raven dashed from the bushes and away from Len, and after Ryon. She followed his steps into the cool hallways of the castle and finally she pushed lightly on his back. "Why?" she demanded. She knew Ryon wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, but she didn't think a king, or any man for that matter, with any honor to speak of would stoop to this kind of level. Then again she didn't know if he had any honor at all, maybe just greed and bitterness.

5/28/2012 #370
RoarYourWords

Ryon stopped, but he could only snort. He was learning quickly that Raven would never say ten words when she could use two. In this case one. But he decided to play dumb anyway to stall explanations. "What is it?" he asked gruffly, crossing his arms.

5/28/2012 #371
ReallyWonder

Raven rolled her eyes though it would've been difficult to catch. "You know damn well what. What is wrong with you?" she accused. "Switching your sword like that, and what happened out there? You completely lost control! You could've killed Alan!"

5/28/2012 #372
RoarYourWords

He only remained quiet, glad that Raven couldn't see guilt on his features.

5/28/2012 #373
ReallyWonder

"Tell.Me." Raven ordered. She very well knew he could do whatever he pleased about punishing her just for speaking to him like this. But she was good enough at reading people to know that he wouldn't. Maybe. She didn't know if he was going to answer her either, but over the years Raven had learned to use patience as a weapon.

5/28/2012 #374
RoarYourWords

Ryon startled. He stepped back, surprised by her. A twinge of something stirred in him. Admiration? Did he really admire this girl who stood up to him like this, when he really should be punishing her for her outrageous behavior. He didn't let any of his thoughts show in his response. "I do not have to explain anything to you." he snarled, turning and striding away.

5/31/2012 #375
ReallyWonder

Raven huffed in frustration and left, heading back to the training grounds quickly to make sure Alan wasn't severely injured.

5/31/2012 #376
Orio K

"No, it's nothing, just a small scratch," Alan told Liam for the third time, "I'm fine."

He pushed away, tunneling through the crowd and sighing relief when no one followed him. What did this mean for the kingdom? Would his father be willing to upset peace for such a small scratch? Alan wondered if getting Ryon alone would be a wise choice; he wanted to talk to speak with the king without any outside influences, but wasn't sure if it would prove dangerous.

6/3/2012 #377
ReallyWonder

While trying to get back to the courtyard, Raven bumped into Alan hard, she staggered back, unaware who she had hit. "Sorry." she mumbled quickly, in a hurry to make her way to the training field to see if the prince was hurt.

6/3/2012 #378
Orio K

Alan staggered back, surprised out of his thoughts. She was almost past him before he realized who he had bumped into, but he grabbed her arm at the last minute.

"Raven!"

6/3/2012 #379
ReallyWonder

Raven gasped and instinctively pully out of his grip until she recognized his voice. "Alan! Are you hurt?" she reached out, her hand landing on his shoulder and she felt for the wound before pulling her hand away suddenly.

6/3/2012 #380
Orio K

He sighed. "No. Just a scratch. Are you alright? Where's Len?"

6/3/2012 #381
ReallyWonder

"I'm fine. Len's still probably ducking behind a bush."

6/4/2012 #382
Orio K

"Good. I'm glad you weren't hurt." he said, sighing. He gave her arm a little squeeze before letting go. "Do you know where Ryon ran off to? I want to talk to him before my father hears about what's happened."

6/4/2012 #383
ReallyWonder

"I tried to talk to him but he ran off." Raven said with a frustrated sigh, weaving her fingers through her hair once.

6/4/2012 #384
Orio K

"I should find him." he said, but didn't move to leave. He was reluctant to leave Raven alone, out in the open, without Len.

6/4/2012 #385
ReallyWonder

"I think you might want to take care of that first." she touched his shoulder gingerly. "You don't want that to fester."

6/4/2012 #386
Orio K

"No. It is a scratch." he protested wearily. It really was a shallow cut, though it had bled through his fancy clothes, probably ruining them forever if the cut had not. "I'm going to go find Ryon, and then my father. Will you be okay, or should we find Len first?"

6/6/2012 #387
Liveey123348

((I wouldn't ruin the story by joining right? *crosses fingers, just gonna jump in here*))

Chi blinked in a daze, she felt disgusted with herself. On her way here, many people acknowledged her as a weapon and it made her feel sick to her stomach. She sat down outside the rather large building, and gazed up at it. King Roi and his son lives there right...? What was his name again? She wondered to herself, she gazed behind her and saw tips of trees far off in the distance. The woods weren't a far walk for her, she seemed to be wandering all her life and this was supposedly another pit stop before going off in no general direction. She wasn't sure what she was looking for, but she was sure that if she kept walking she would sooner or later come across it.

Chi closed her fiery eyes, relieved for once no one in the surrounding area was around. Her feet ached and her vibrant red and orange clothing was tattered. Maybe I will just rest a bit here, she thought to herself. Its a beautiful day after all. She only wanted to take a small break, but ended up falling asleep; where her dreams only turned into painful nightmares of Iredeth and how she was help captive in the castle, as if she was the bad guy, as if she was the one to start the war. She whimpered slightly, remembering the dungeon of the cell and the maniac trying to get a hold of her in the other.

6/6/2012 #388
ReallyWonder

"I want to come with you." Raven said simply, but nicely too.

6/6/2012 #389
AdamsApple17

Kurt walked by with a large stack of crates and books down the cobble street, and nearly tripped up near a girl nearby. "Oh! I'm so sorry." he said in distress, catching a few of the falling books with difficulty. He looked at the honey blonde haired girl apologetically.

6/6/2012 #390
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Ibex ReallyWonder, Orio K
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member