WWII RPG
Play as an Allies Soldier, an Axis soldier or a nurse in the second world war. All are welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Star the Foxhound

A German submarine.

3/29/2009 #1
Star the Foxhound

Wendell Melhorn slipped out onto the small deck and let out a sigh of relief. It always smelled inside the submarine and so he and many of his fellow men crowded outside every chance they had. They all had had a good day, sinking two enemy ships and so the Captain had decided to reward them with a trip to the surface. Wendell smiled and closed his eyes, taking deep breaths to clear his system of the stuffy air from inside.

4/1/2009 #2
Star the Foxhound

While they were still sailing, Wendell caught sight of a British ship sailing from the coast and heading in the direction of North America. "Look," he said, nudging one of his friends, "I'd bet you that it's a good target."

His friend nodded. "Someone should tell capt."

"I've already seen it," The captain smiled at his two men. "There's no need to tell me lads."

"What are you going to do?" Wendell asked even though he was sure he knew the answer, "Are you going to sink it capt?"

The captian laughed. "If you know the answer already then why are you asking?"

Wendell chuckled and shrugged as the sub released the torpedo. The torpedo sailed smoothly through the ocean and hit the ship. It didn't take long for the ship to start going under and soon some of the people aboard started getting into lifeboats in order to keep themselves from drowning.

It just happened that this ship was the ship that had been taking Major Alvin Render to Canada to become a prisoner of war. Alvin had managed to stumbled out onto deck and he went into the cold water, trying to stay afloat despite his broken arm and injuried leg. He waved his good arm towards the people on the sub. "Mich speichern, Mich Speichern," he called, "Save me, save me!"

When he heard the cry of the German officer Wendell looked at his captain. "That man is a true German sir," he said, "He has the right accent."

The captain nodded. "Go and save him Wen."

Wendell smiled slightly and jumped into the water, swimming towards Alvin. He grabbed the injuried man and pulled him back to the sub and back to safety. "What is your man Mr?" he asked.

"Major Alvin Render," he said softly, "Infantry."

A grin spread across Wendells face. "Hey capt, we saved an officer. That's got to be worth something you know."

"Just get him warmed up," The captain smiled fondly at Wendell and nodded towards Alvin. "Good to see you're in one piece Major."

"Thank you," Alvin said, "I really appreciated this."

The captain laughed. "Sure, Wen saved your life. Of course you will appreciate it."

Alvin smiled as well and Wendell helped him to his feet and brought him inside the sub. "We'll get you back to your men sir," Wendell said, "That was our last torpedo so now we're heading back."

4/19/2009 #3
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound Irish toaster
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member