Vertebrates The tailed ones RPG
They live in societies... Carnivores, Omnivores and Herbivores. Each filled a human-like entities with animal tails and other appendages befitting their mythical counterparts. Dragons, unicorns, gryffins and more. RPG.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Rynx-too-genki

The Omnivores: They believe in peace, proper schooling and trade. Mostly merchants. Heavily influenced by Riches and power. The most balanced species.

4/15/2009 #1
K.J DarKnight

Albus walked up to the large double doors of his home, the doors were solid wood and impossible to open on ones own so Albus thought better of it and took the service entrance located by the front door but set behind a tall shrub hiding it from view, on the inside it was simply a part of the wall that could be pushed to open the door to the outside.

Albus walked through the entry room, the marble floors with gold inlay-ed design used to fascinate him but he rarely noticed it anymore, the tall marble columns matched the ornate floor. For generations his family had owned the home and had added their own 'personality' to it. the ornate marble and gold entry way had nothing in common with the staircase that wound around the corner on either side. rather then marble steps as one might expect the steps were solid wood like the door with red carpet rolled down the middle. the stairs lead to the balcony above that the pillar's held up, the railing around it was again, wood, like the stairs and banisters.

Albus ignored the statues of both humanoids and cats alike, most of them marble. Albus walked briskly down the long hallway, here their was maroon carpet that complimented the cherry wood doors all of which had gold knobs shaped like cat's heads, the other side had a hand that looked like the tale of a cat, it was beyond Albus how one side turned and one side you pushed down yet they did the same thing. It was always his belief that if you turned one side the other side had to turn as well but this was not the case. Albus had once considered taking one of the doors apart to figure out how it worked but found it impossible to take it apart without hacking the wood away.

Going up another level and down yet another hall he came atlas to the master bedroom that had ornate double doors mimicking hte front doors though on a much smaller scale. Pushing them open he smiled and looked at his room which looked nothing like one would expect for an estate such as his. Rather then a four poster bed there was a pillar completely covered in carpet with rops dangling from it, in various sizes, atop the pillar was an in closed box with an arched doorway. little bridges and ladders lead to other parts set on other pillars, below the floor was covered with pillows, blankets, yarn balls and cat toys of all kinds. The whole place was a Paradise for cats though only one lived there, alone. After his parents deaths he had redecorated the room to suit him, he didn't care for the fancy wood work and marble. He wanted his room to be comfortable, his personal space.

Albus tossed off his shoes and all his fine cloths and changed into a cat he clawed his way up the first pillar and into the first box where there was indeed a four poster bed and his dresser. Going to it he changed back and took out more suitable clothing

Albus came across as a rich snob but in truth he was as playful as a kitted that just wanted some play mates but there weren't many who cared to play with a ball of string or run around a giant cat house. That wasn't the only way he liked to have fun but it was difficult for a Duke to 'have fun' without ruining the family name

((I want his house dangit and I would love his room!!))

7/26/2009 #2
K.J DarKnight

Albus put on his traveling attire which he hadn't used in years and it made him look less of a Duke as his attire was warn out

Now properly dressed and with a bag packed he left his home and headed back to the safe house

[[To carnivore lands]]

7/26/2009 #3
K.J DarKnight

[[from carnivore lands]]

Albus lead the way down the road, before to long his large estate came into view

8/26/2009 #4
Rynx-too-genki

((From Carnivore lands))

Lizern gaped. "This.Is.A.House? This is like bigger than 5 houses!" The estate was only half as small as the castle.

8/28/2009 #5
K.J DarKnight

Albus smiled "Yes this is my house" he said glancing over Lizern "Unfortunately I have all this to myself"

8/28/2009 #6
Rynx-too-genki

"If I had all of this I would be throwing parties and dancing and making as much noise as I want." Lizern grinned. "And I'd hire plenty of sexy strippers and order lots of booze for said parties. You should be having the time of your life! Even just keeping a place like this running must be tonnes of fun!"

8/28/2009 #7
K.J DarKnight

"I do throw parties but not quite of that verity" Albus sighed "I suppose it could be fun for some people" Albus said as he lead the way down the long driveway to the house

8/28/2009 #8
Rynx-too-genki

Lizern grinned and placed his hands behind his head ina relaxed pose. "I'm sure if you tried it, you'd like it. You look a little too quiet for your own good."

8/28/2009 #9
K.J DarKnight

"Perhaps you are right, but I was taught to be the way I am" he said to put it kindly, he walked up to the big double doors and gave the cat head knocker a good bang. In a few moments the boors opened as four servants had to pull the heavy doors open. Albus could have used the service entrance but he never did with company.

"Welcome home young master" one of them said, Albus smiled at them but said nothing

8/28/2009 #10
Rynx-too-genki

"Whoa! Hi! I'm Lizern. Who are you guys?" Lizern grinned at the four of them. "These doors look heavy. They aren't very practical?"

8/28/2009 #11
K.J DarKnight

the servants looked at each other before one spoke "I am Geldric and these are my sons Jacob, Alex, Kevin and John" Geldric glanced at Albus hoping this was permissible, Albus didn't mind.

"The doors were originally designed to keep people out, this house was built in a time of war" Geldric explained

8/28/2009 #12
K.J DarKnight

((Bed is calling, I'll be back in the morning))

8/28/2009 #13
Rynx-too-genki

Lizern grinned. "Nice to meet ya!" He wondered whether Omnivores shook hands or wavedw hen they met. Dragons themselves rarely shook hands unless to seal a deal or if the newcomer offered their hand to shake. He looked at Geldric. "Ooh! No wonder you don't have party's very often. It would be awful trying to often such a large door everytime someone knocked!" He covered his mouth and giggled, appearing more feminine than ever.

8/28/2009 #14
K.J DarKnight

Albus smirked as did Geldric "At such times we leave the door open"

(nvm I'm gonna stay up for a bit longer))

8/28/2009 #15
Rynx-too-genki

Lizern realized the thought had never occured to him and blinked. "Oh! You're right. That would solve the problem..." he grinned. "I never thought about it that way."

"It can't be too lonely here Albus. After all you have Jacob, Alex, Kevin, John..." He pointed to the sons in the order he thought was right, his brows furrowed in concentration as he tried to recall their names. "And Gedrin." he finished, not knowing that he'd said Geldric's name incorrectly.

8/28/2009 . Edited 8/28/2009 #16
K.J DarKnight

geldric smiled "Geldric" he corrected though he didn't mind

"They aren't here all the time Lizern, only one or two days a week" Albus said leading the way in so they could close the door

8/28/2009 #17
Rynx-too-genki

Lizern smiled at the older man. "Geldric!" he repeated. "Sorry about that." He blushed, It was hard for him to remember all the names at once. He smiled at Albus. "But surely there's other stuff to do with others here?"

8/28/2009 #18
K.J DarKnight

"Yes but it gets dull after awhile" Albus shrugged

8/28/2009 #19
Rynx-too-genki

"Hmm... I suppose it might. Being a gladiator gets boring too sometimes. Especially when we have to spar so much." Lizern told Albus. "What does a duke do anyway?"

8/29/2009 #20
K.J DarKnight

"Well not much really" Albus said leading the way to a sitting room off the main entry. The room they entered was furnished Victorian style with deep reds and and dark wood furniture

8/29/2009 #21
Rynx-too-genki

"Not much being?" Lizern prompted.

8/29/2009 #22
K.J DarKnight

"Well in my case I am a ruler over several provinces and I am a concealer for the Omnivore king. I simply take care of the provinces granted me and make sure all is done as it should be and I report to the king on a regular basis. It makes it much easier for the king to rule the land when he has Dukes like myself for his eyes and ears" Albus explained

8/30/2009 #23
Rynx-too-genki

Lizern absorbed this. "But wouldn't that mean a lot of trouble if you left?"

8/31/2009 #24
K.J DarKnight

"Well not always, like anyone I can still take vacation" Albus said with a shrug "I just have my servants keep an eye on things while I'm gone"

8/31/2009 #25
Rynx-too-genki

"What's this?" Lizern prodded a statue.

8/31/2009 #26
K.J DarKnight

Albus quite nearly squeaked as he jumped over and pulled his hand away "Careful with that, it's over a thousand years old"

8/31/2009 #27
Rynx-too-genki

"A thousand years?" Lizern whistled. "I can hardly imagine myself living that long... How did you get something so old?"

9/1/2009 #28
K.J DarKnight

"This house has been in my family for generations, most of the things here are from generations past" Albus explained "Please be careful"

9/1/2009 #29
Rynx-too-genki

"Urk. That means anything I touch is going to be irriplacable if I break it..." Lizern's eye twitched. "Don't you have anywhere in this place where I won't break things?" Everything here was a little small, like a half size smaller than dragon things, made for more elegant fingers. He was a bit envious of Albus's hands. He had nice hands, smaller and more delicate looking than his. Though his were smaller than the average male dragon's.

9/1/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Rynx-too-genki
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member