The Enlightened Mind Cafe
Are you intrested in discussions and maybe even debates with other enlightened minds? Warning: People who think, learn, and grow come here. Everyone welcome from all faiths, spiritualities, and even non-faith.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Isca

Possible topics for discussion include: Kabbalah, Faith Healing, Rosicrucianism, Knights Templar, Ordo Templi Orientis, Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, Mysticism, Occultism, Hermeticism, Esotericism, Out-of-Body Experiences, Dream Interpretation, I Ching, Tarot Reading, Omens, Fortune-Telling, Yoga, Prayer, Meditation, Reiki, The Church of Satan, Chakras, Astral Projection, Spirit Guides, Shamanism, Biorhythms, Colour Therapy, Elementals, Past Life Regression, Runes, Crystal Scrying, Automatic Writing, Oracles, Aura Interpretation, Palmistry, Numerology, Magic/Magick, Feng Shui, etc.

4/23/2009 #1
Isca

Does anyone here like tarot cards?

Do you know what colour your aura is?

Are you interested at all in numerology?

7/15/2010 #2
waitingforwhatever

I am interested in tarot cards, no, and yes, though I don't *fully* believe in it. I do know that my life path number is 11. :P Lots about it is pretty accurate. ;)

7/15/2010 #3
DreamingEternal

Tarot cards are cool, though I wouldnt pay to get mine read, because i see how those people read you for hints and tell you what you want to hear. But the cards themselves are fascinating with all the symbolism on them and I've read my own cards once or twice.

I dont think anyone's ever told me my aura color, but i would love to know.

I don't know much of anything about numerology.

7/27/2010 #4
Isca

"I've read my own cards once or twice." Personally, I wouldn't do that, love. You feed your own thoughts/energy into the tarot cards, and thus, the cards that appear before you are 'changed' by you if you read for yourself. If you get someone else to handle the cards, then the ones you pick are the ones that you're 'connected' to, not the ones that you *want* to appear. I know that sounds strange. I know that probably sounds like bullshit. And you're perfectly free to do whatever you want. That's just my two cents.

7/27/2010 #5
Lyllyth

I have a deck of tarot cards, but I personally think the deck I have is kind of ugly and I don't feel any connection to it. I also didn't like any of the descriptions of meanings that come with it. If I ever feel like getting serious about tarot, I would buy myself a nicer deck. Though, in general, I'm not big into the idea of telling the future.

I would love having my tarot cards read just to see how different people do it. I haven't decided yet whether I really believe that tarot can really tell you anything you don't already know.

I have no idea what color my aura is, but I think it would be pretty cool to find out.

7/28/2010 #6
Isca

Lyllyth: Tarot isn't meant to 'tell you things that you already know.' It's meant to be used like a prayer: you ask for guidance, the tarot cards give you that.

7/28/2010 #7
waitingforwhatever

What about speaking in tongues? What does anyone think of that?

8/17/2010 #8
Lyllyth

What do I think? I think "glossolalia" is a cool word.

As for the concept, I don't really know what to think about it. I don't get it. I don't actually know much about it. Is it intentional? or are you just supposed to be so moved that random syllables pour out of you? How does it work? It sounds very strange, but all unfamiliar religious practices sound strage. I would be interested in learning more.

8/17/2010 #9
callmebrighteyes

I grew up in a church where people spoke in tongues on a regular basis. It's kind of a possession; the Holy Spirit enters you and reveals the language of tongues. That's how I think it works. I've personally never spoke tongues, but both my parents have. I think alot of it is psychological, as in you think yourself into doing it. But I don't know if I believe people could just make stuff like that up. it sounds like total gibberish when I've heard it, so it might be total bullshit or genuine. I'm sure it's legitimate for some people, I've just never felt it myself.

Has anyone hear ever had visions? Seen a ghost or apparition? Do you guys believe in that stuff?

8/21/2010 #10
waitingforwhatever

@fragilepoetics: Speaking in tongues came up the other day with my friends, and one of my friends said that if it sounded like gibberish and there had to be a translator and such it doesn't mean anything, because speaking in tongues is all about everybody understanding what your saying. The gibberish ones are probably bull, but I think it's possible in the same way I think ghost sightings are possible. :)

8/21/2010 #11
Isca

Fragile: I've had "visions" before, if you want to call them that.

8/21/2010 #12
waitingforwhatever

@Isky: What were they like???

8/21/2010 #13
Isca

WFW: They "felt" like dreams, really, but with a different "vibe," if that makes any sense. Like I was dreaming, but these dreams meant something on a grander scale. And I realize how retarded that sounds. I'm not even sure I believe they were "visions." But, that's what I'm calling them lol.

8/22/2010 . Edited 8/22/2010 #14
waitingforwhatever

It doesn't sound retarded to me. Experiences of that sort tend to be hard to explain.

8/22/2010 #15
callmebrighteyes

What did you see, Isca?

8/23/2010 #16
Isca

Fragile: It was a "vision" that I had of my grandmother shortly after she'd died. She was in a farm house [she grew up in one] and was having a party with her parents and various other relatives. She just kept mouthing the words "I'm okay." I don't know. It was probably just my subconscious or something, but it made me feel better nonetheless, knowing that she was safe.

8/24/2010 #17
Forum Moderators: May Elizabeth Psycho Paradox, skyward squidly squee, lipleaf, Isca
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member