The Enlightened Mind Cafe
Are you intrested in discussions and maybe even debates with other enlightened minds? Warning: People who think, learn, and grow come here. Everyone welcome from all faiths, spiritualities, and even non-faith.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Isca

Possible topics for discussion include: historical periods/people/events, geographical locations, military history, social history, cultural history, gender history, etc.

5/28/2009 #1
Isca

Which era is your favourite and why?

7/15/2010 #2
DreamingEternal

to live in: this one mostly because of hygeine. and women's rights and educational opportunities.

clothing: Victorian. i think that needs no explanation

if i had to live in some other era: probably very ancient times before the world got to populated and before europeans decided bathing was dangerous to one's health. It'd be cool to live in ancient egypt. especially if i were rich/ royal and could take advantage of the luxuries they had.

7/23/2010 #3
ImagingThings

Like the Viking ages! XD

7/23/2010 #4
Lyllyth

you'd get along with all my viking-obsessed friends. Personally, I find the vikings too dirty and violent for my taste.

7/28/2010 #5
Isca

I'd want to visit 'The Regency Era' for the men's clothing and 'The Victorian Era' for the women's clothing. Vain, much? xD

7/28/2010 #6
ImagingThings

When it comes to clothing I like this time... (would hate living in a time where my clothing stopped me from moving...)

8/1/2010 #7
Forum Moderators: May Elizabeth Psycho Paradox, skyward squidly squee, lipleaf, Isca
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member