The Enlightened Mind Cafe
Are you intrested in discussions and maybe even debates with other enlightened minds? Warning: People who think, learn, and grow come here. Everyone welcome from all faiths, spiritualities, and even non-faith.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »
Psycho Paradox

I've been around. Where have YOU been?

8/24/2010 #61
Isca

In a cupboard under the stairs. :P

8/24/2010 #62
Psycho Paradox

Female Harry Potter, is that you?

8/24/2010 #63
Isca

IRL? Pretty much. The parentals are like The Dursleys.

Though, I find any combination of Isky is equal to Potter quite insulting lol.

8/24/2010 #64
callmebrighteyes

Although, if Isky=HP, then Snarry reigns supreme!!! :D

8/24/2010 #65
Psycho Paradox

Though, I find any combination of Isky is equal to Potter quite insulting lol.

Shut up Harry, go save Hogwarts. :P

8/25/2010 #66
DreamingEternal

is there a question on here anywhere?

Doc, i like your new profile pic. very ninja.

I'll pose a question: Do you tend to strike up conversation with strangers and/or do you find it awkward when strangers strike up conversation with you?

8/25/2010 #67
Isca

Isky doesn't talk to strangers. Isky also annihilates anyone who tries to talk to her.

Has school started for you already? If so, how's it going? If not, are you looking forward to going back? If this doesn't apply to you, then tough beans, my friend.

8/25/2010 #68
Psycho Paradox

Has school started for you already? If so, how's it going? If not, are you looking forward to going back? If this doesn't apply to you, then tough beans, my friend.

Lol school is for losers.

Doc, i like your new profile pic. very ninja.

Thank you, it's me. :P

I'll pose a question: Do you tend to strike up conversation with strangers and/or do you find it awkward when strangers strike up conversation with you?

Both. I had one girl and her mother ask if they could feed my Grandma's dog and i said yes. The Girl ran back and came back with some meat and tried to cut it with a plastic knife xD. So i pulled out my knife and was all "Here you go, use this." :p

Actually, we stayed together and talked for a hours on teh rivershore and she gave me her number and i gave her mine. Was neat. ;)

8/25/2010 #69
callmebrighteyes

Doc forgot a question.

What's the biggest chance you've ever taken?

8/26/2010 #70
Isca

No idea. Maybe sneaking out of the house for a guy I liked once. Turns out: he wasn't worth my time.

How many boyfriends/girlfriends have you had?

8/26/2010 #71
Psycho Paradox

How many boyfriends/girlfriends have you had?

4. The tend to last, my longest relationship being 9 months.

Do you find it odd that first love memories never die?

8/26/2010 #72
Isca

No.

What's your biggest pet peeve?

8/26/2010 #73
callmebrighteyes

Bad posture. Bad manners. Bad breath. (ALL EQUALLY BAD.)

What, to you, is love?

8/26/2010 #74
Psycho Paradox

What, to you, is love?

BABY DON'T HURT ME, NO MORE... NO MORE.

What's your biggest fear?

8/27/2010 #75
Lyllyth

Bogarts. No, actually, I don't know what my biggest fear is. There are a lot of things that I fear, but I don't think I could assign one to the top of that list. I think if I ever met a bogart, it woul be too confused because I don't know what my own biggest fear is.

What would your bogart turn into? and what would you do to make it ridiculous?

8/30/2010 #76
skyward squidly squee

Perhaps a small, mousy woman, and I would make her fat.

HERRO HOWFORE ART THOU'Z FAAAYSCH!

8/30/2010 #77
Psycho Paradox

I'm good, how for art thou?

8/30/2010 #78
Isca

Do you prefer butterflies or moths [and why]?

8/30/2010 #79
DreamingEternal

I prefer butterflies because I love their bright colors and complex designs. For some reason i feel a special connection to them. I love that they are associated with Psyche and the soul. Another reason i may find them so attractive is their association with faeries. For me, butterflies symbolize femininity, spiritualiy, and beauty.

Moths are kinda cool, too and I bet there are some really pretty ones. My mom saw a hummingbird moth and it sounded pretty awesome. Plus, they are nocturnal and thus mysterious creatures of the night, which elevates them in my eyes. But I only ever see the plain white or brown ones that crash into light bulbs and get trapped inside your house when you come in at night and proceed to fly in your face and flit around the room crashing into walls and things. I dont feel the same connection to them as i do butterflies.

I bet you didn't think any one would have such a thought out answer to that.

Do you make New Year's resolutions every year? Do you tend to break or keep them? (this is not as random as it sounds... the Jewish New Year is coming up)

9/7/2010 #80
Isca

I never make New Year's resolutions. My goal every year is the same: to remain loyal and to work on becoming happy. Until the latter is fulfilled, I have noting else to work toward.

If anyone gives a crap, Isky prefers moths.

Have you read anything by Virginia Woolf?

9/9/2010 #81
essenceflower

Never heard of her.

If you could choose any object ever made, what would you want to have?

9/11/2010 #82
lipleaf

-OT-

Hello, essenceflower! :D Welcome to the Cafe. It's nice to meet you. If you want, feel free to venture over to the Introductions thread and tell us about yourself. I hope you like it here!

-End OT-

9/11/2010 #83
Isca

Strangely enough, I can't think of anything. Maybe a cravat. xD

Why hasn't anyone posted on this forum lately? :P

9/15/2010 #84
DreamingEternal

I've been absent from the forum because the first few days of school have been overwhelming. I'm sorry to say my posts will probably still be sporadic and far between for the next few weeks.

Also, I have read To the Lighthouse by Virginia Wolfe. I didn't like it because i hate her style of stream-of-consciousness and nothing happened in it. But that's jus my opinion.

Are you patriotic? (or the equivalent of patriotic if you live in another country. Nationalistic?)

9/15/2010 #85
May Elizabeth

I am patriotic to an extent, but I don't over do it. I am proud to be Canadian (and to an extent an American also), but I do not think both countries ARE THE BEST COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD !!!1!!!1

Fave Shakespeare play?

9/17/2010 #86
Isca

Hamlet. How cliche of me.

Do prefer sarcastic or slapstick humor?

9/17/2010 #87
skyward squidly squee

May's question: I don't think I'm too familiar with many, but I believe my favorite to currently be A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Isky's question: Probably sarcastic humor, as slapstick rather tends to annoy me.

What are your favorite teevee shows?

9/17/2010 #88
May Elizabeth

Glee. 'nuff said. ♥

If you could kill one person and get away with it, would you kill them and who would you kill?

9/17/2010 #89
callmebrighteyes

I couldn't, and I don't deserve the power to destroy life. So, no one.

Can you play an instruments? What's the last lie you told?

9/17/2010 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »
Forum Moderators: May Elizabeth Psycho Paradox, skyward squidly squee, lipleaf, Isca
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member