The Enlightened Mind Cafe
Are you intrested in discussions and maybe even debates with other enlightened minds? Warning: People who think, learn, and grow come here. Everyone welcome from all faiths, spiritualities, and even non-faith.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
waitingforwhatever

Logical reasons for banning gay marriage:

8/23/2010 #211
lipleaf

Exactly. People say, "I'm allowed to have my own opinion!" Well yeah, sure. But the second you try to impose that opinion onto others (like, say, trying to prevent the passing of a law that gives people equal rights) you've overstepped your bounds.

Besides. I say, "You have the right to an opinion, and I have the right to be offended by your opinion." Some of these people really need to think about what they're saying. How would they feel if I told them that it was "wrong" for their mom to love their dad, vice versa, or wrong for them to love their boyfriend/girlfriend, wife/husband? That I thought their love was "gross," "unnatural," "sinful," or"disgusting," and they shouldn't be allowed to marry?

8/23/2010 #212
waitingforwhatever

I agree with you 100 percent.

8/23/2010 #213
skyward squidly squee

I confess my old pastor once said exactly that to me, about it being Adam & Eve and not Adam & Steve.

8/23/2010 #214
Creeping Collarbones

I confess my mom's friends went on this whole spiel last night about how being gay is unnatural and not right. I wanted to tell her off real bad, but she scares me a little. So I sat in the back seat squeaking. lol.

Squidaroo, if you don't mind me asking, when did you realize you were gay?

8/23/2010 . Edited 8/23/2010 #215
skyward squidly squee

I confess I've come up with a couple fun terms, first of all. Everyone knows heterosexual is referred to as 'straight.' So you can guess what 1.) sideways would mean, and then what 2.) diagonal would mean.

I am diagonal. Happily. =P

Ehh. Don't know about when I consciously realized it--being into other boys. =P Started around 3-5 grade, but I probably actually figured it out around 7-9 grade. Hn.

8/23/2010 #216
lipleaf

I find it kind of sad/amusing when people use the "It's 'unnatural' so it's wrong!" argument. If you can even call it that. I'm just like, "So.... Basically, you think it's wrong because it's 'weird'? Because it's different?"

One person actually said, "It's not what nature intended!" Really? Do you actually think "nature" gives a damn? I mean, come on. -_-

8/23/2010 #217
skyward squidly squee

I confess I'm sure nature intended ... oh, a LOT of things ... o-o There's so much I could point to at this point.

8/23/2010 #218
Creeping Collarbones

I hate the it's not natural thing, too. What if blonde hair wasn't natural?

I'm not sure if I believe in God, but why would he would make people that were 'unnatural'?

One of my really good friends is gay and I hate it when people make fun of him for it. It's not fair.

8/23/2010 . Edited 8/23/2010 #219
Psycho Paradox

I confess this was a conversation between me and a girl.

Me: (2:09:50 AM): HEY YO BITCH.

Me:(2:09:54 AM): WHERE'S MAH MONEY? :|

Her: (2:10:42 AM): fuck u

Me:(2:10:54 AM): Why so angry, Allison?

Her: (2:11:31 AM): i'm not heheeee

Me:(2:11:36 AM): Liar.

Me:(2:11:45 AM): Hater's gon' hate.

Me:(2:11:49 AM): Lovers gon

Me:(2:11:50 AM): love

Me:(2:11:57 AM): I don't even want...none of the above

Me:(2:12:01 AM): I WANT TO PISS ON YOU.

Her: (2:12:09 AM): you're crazy

Me:(2:12:14 AM): Crazy about you, baby

Me:(2:12:16 AM): ♥

Her: (2:12:24 AM): i know you are

Me:(2:12:35 AM): How do you know that? D=

Her: (2:13:11 AM): bc you macked on me

Me:(2:13:17 AM): When?

Her: (2:14:59 AM): before i left

Me:(2:15:09 AM): Did you like it?

Me:(2:15:16 AM): What was your favorite part?

Her: (2:15:51 AM): ...

Her: (2:15:52 AM): u hush

Me:(2:15:56 AM): Why?

Me:(2:16:04 AM): I need to know how you feel about my mack

Me:(2:16:13 AM): It effects my future of love.

Her: (2:16:30 AM): yea ololol

Her: (2:16:31 AM): ur funny

Me:(2:16:38 AM): So

Me:(2:16:43 AM): Did you like it? =D

Her: (2:17:18 AM): yes

Me:(2:17:27 AM): What was your favorite part?

Her: (2:18:16 AM): kissing you

Me:(2:18:31 AM): OMG ME TOO

Me:(2:18:34 AM): We have so much in common.

Her: (2:19:18 AM): lol

Me:(2:19:40 AM): I liked it when you bit me.

8/23/2010 . Edited 8/23/2010 #220
Isca

So, back to the 'gay' conversation:

The next time someone tells me it's gross, Isky is just going to say: "Yeah, well YOU'RE gross." Then when they tell me how 'immature' and 'invalid' that argument is, I'm going to tell them that THAT is precisely how THEY'RE argument sounds to ME. OR: Isky will just slap a bitch up. Depends on how she's feeling. xD

8/24/2010 #221
Creeping Collarbones

Isca: She'll cut a bitch.

8/24/2010 #222
waitingforwhatever

I confess I'm sick and tired of my parents dragging me to their religious meetings. They think that since I'm underaged they're somehow "responsible" for my "spiritual well-being", even though I've been thinking independently on that subject for about three years now. That's one of the main reasons I can't wait to turn 18--they said I no longer have to go when I turn that age. 18 has always been a kind of magic number for me. I mean, I have homework, and yet I'm still expected to go to this place where I hear things that have not applied to me in a very long time.

I also confess that even though I'm not Muslim (and nowhere near being one), I'm majorly pissed off by the whole "mosque-near-ground-zero" thing--which is one of the hugest piles of bullshit I've ever heard before. It proves how many ignorant bigots there are around (as if that weren't already proven...) I don't know why it pisses me off this much....I just think the whole thing is really, really stupid.

8/24/2010 #223
Isca

Creeping: "She'll cut a bitch up." You see? +100 points for liking the Iskinator. You have been spared the Green Beams.

WFW: Forgive my ignorance, but what's the "mosque-near-ground-zero" thing? I don't watch the news much. And just hang in there, love. You believe in whatever you want to believe in. If they drag you to meetings, just let it go in one ear and out the other.

8/24/2010 #224
Psycho Paradox

I confess i have a huge feeling - feeling, not penis...what? - that you all talk about me alot in IM's and such.

8/24/2010 #225
lipleaf

Wow. I just read about the proposed mosque construction near ground zero. Just... wow. My faith in humanity has taken a severe beating lately. What the hell is wrong with these people? No on would be bitching if it was a church.

Isky- Here's an article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100822/ap_on_re_us/us_nyc_mosque

8/24/2010 #226
Isca

Oh my God. When asked where to put the site, one of the protestors said: "They should put it in the Middle East!"

That's ridiculous! So, what, now Islam is associated with 9/11? -sighs-

My advice: F--k that, and move to Hogwarts.

8/24/2010 #227
callmebrighteyes

*raises vodka* I'LL DRINK TO THAT!!!!

But seriously. Every religion will have extremists. AND IT'S TWO FREAKING BLOCKS AWAY FROM GROUND ZERO.

*sigh* The lengths to which people will carry their bigotry. It makes my heart heavy.

I confess I got called Queen Slytherin the other day for opening a pudding cup with a steak knife.

8/24/2010 . Edited 8/24/2010 #228
Lyllyth

I confess there's a character named Pollux in the book I'm reading and I'm wondering where Doc got his new name

8/25/2010 #229
Psycho Paradox

That's ridiculous! So, what, now Islam is associated with 9/11? -sighs-

It always was. Muslimic and Islamic faiths aren't very different.

I confess there's a character named Pollux in the book I'm reading and I'm wondering where Doc got his new name

It's a nickname of mine (Pollux) and "Der Anarchist" (The Anarchist) i just added on.

8/25/2010 #230
waitingforwhatever

Oh, hey Doc! I didn't know it was you...

8/25/2010 #231
Creeping Collarbones

I confess I feel like crying right now. And I don't even know why.

8/25/2010 #232
waitingforwhatever

:_(

8/25/2010 #233
DreamingEternal

As for the "gays are unnatural" argument, someone was just telling me that they were reading an article in a scientific journal about evidence that some animals were gay. If they can prove it happens in the animal kingdom, then no one will be able to say that it's unnatural or always a choice.

Also, the people who oppose the mosque at ground zero are being extremely intolerant and giving the rest of us Americans a bad image. I think it would send a really powerful message to the world if we build a mosque there: That this truly is a country of freedom and that we won't let terrorism drive us to fear and mistrust. It will show that the country is really healing from the 9/11 attack and ready to move on.

8/25/2010 #234
Isca

"I confess I got called Queen Slytherin the other day for opening a pudding cup with a steak knife." +50 points for showing that pudding cup who's boss. Isky loves thee. -heart-

8/25/2010 #235
Creeping Collarbones

I confess I just tried to like your last post, DE. Aduur.

I'm so out of it.

8/25/2010 #236
Psycho Paradox

Also, the people who oppose the mosque at ground zero are being extremely intolerant and giving the rest of us Americans a bad image.

America already has a bad image. You can't exactly "make the image worse". xD

8/25/2010 #237
Psycho Paradox

Oh, hey Doc! I didn't know it was you...

Hello mysterious Stranger. Hast thou come to flock in my Loins?

8/25/2010 #238
callmebrighteyes

Hello mysterious Stranger. Hast thou come to flock in my Loins? O_o

I confess I'm ditching school today. I'm sitting at home, reading comics, lighting candles, and wearing lumberjack flannel. AND I'M LOVIN' IT.

8/26/2010 #239
waitingforwhatever

@mydarkesthour: I'm so proud of you...

8/26/2010 #240
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: May Elizabeth Psycho Paradox, skyward squidly squee, lipleaf, Isca
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member