The Enlightened Mind Cafe
Are you intrested in discussions and maybe even debates with other enlightened minds? Warning: People who think, learn, and grow come here. Everyone welcome from all faiths, spiritualities, and even non-faith.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Isca

Possible topics for discussion include: neuroscience, nature vs. nurture, culture, parents and peers, gender differences, prenatal development, childhood development, adolescence, sensation and perception, vision/hearing/touch/taste/smell, drugs and consciousness, waking and sleeping rhythms, hypnosis, classical conditioning, operant conditioning, memory: storage, encoding, and retrieval, thinking, language, intelligence, motivation and work, sexual motivation, emotion: expressed and experienced, stress and health, behavioural modification, therapy, psychoanalysis, the humanistic perspective, psychological disorders, anxiety disorders, dissociative and personality disorders, mood disorders, schizophrenia, social psychology, etc.

8/11/2009 #1
Isca

Nature vs. Nurture?

7/15/2010 #2
DreamingEternal

As an identical twin, any difference i have from my sister has to be due to my environment, rather than genetics (unless you get into epigenetics, but i dont know much about that stuff). So, since we are unique people, I tend to put more store in nurture than nature. Then again, Lyllyth and i are extremely similar in many mannerisms and interests, but that could be due to being raised in very similar environments. My parents always went to great pains to treat us equally but also to make sure that they were treating us like seperate people.

7/23/2010 #3
Forum Moderators: May Elizabeth Psycho Paradox, skyward squidly squee, lipleaf, Isca
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member