The Enlightened Mind Cafe
Are you intrested in discussions and maybe even debates with other enlightened minds? Warning: People who think, learn, and grow come here. Everyone welcome from all faiths, spiritualities, and even non-faith.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
May Elizabeth

We are all writers here (obviously), so I was thinking of posting a writing thread. Post anything to do with writing. Writer's block techniques, writing tips, advice, rough drafts, links to sites, and intresting articles, poems, stories, whatever. Have fun you guys. :)

8/17/2009 #1
Lyllyth

I've finally found something that inspires me to write: Magnetic poetry kits.

You know, those magnets with a bunch of random words and you play with them and try to make coherent sentences. Someone just bought us a kit of zombie-themed word magnets, pluss we had some left over from one of those magnetic poetry calendars. I keep spending hours searching for the right words and even started organizing the magnets into piles of nouns, verbs, adjectives and prepositions to make it easier. But with such a limited set of words to chose from, I'm able to pick and subject and write about it.

My most recent story was inspired by something I put together from the zombie magnets last night:

"We almost outrun them

but you stumble

I love you

but I am happy that you are slower"

8/14/2010 #2
ImagingThings

Well, here on FP I mostly write poetry. (I'm a bit lazy and if you write fan fiction you don't need to create an environment or characters) And it's mostly just... floating... If I don't have anything to write I just, don't write...

8/16/2010 #3
Forum Moderators: May Elizabeth Psycho Paradox, skyward squidly squee, lipleaf, Isca
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member