The Enlightened Mind Cafe
Are you intrested in discussions and maybe even debates with other enlightened minds? Warning: People who think, learn, and grow come here. Everyone welcome from all faiths, spiritualities, and even non-faith.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Psycho Paradox

Was unsure where this would fit, but whatever - discuss lol

So i was thinking about karma yesterday and come to the conclusion, it won't ever work for me. Solely because all the "good" i do is immediately undermined by all the "bad" I do .

Example:

I offered to help some new people I met a few months ago that live in my hometown to help sell their Porshe. (Sp? lol)Anyways, My family owns a campground that has several bulletin boards so i had them print out a flyer and i put it up for them. That same night, i stole a bunch of bumper stickers and stuck them throughout the neighborhood (and my families' campground) on different things. Even stole some shampoo just cause.... . Before that, i stole toilet paper, and even balled it up into a basketball size toilet paper ball and lit it on fire. .

So what're your thoughts on this and Karma in itself?

10/11/2009 #1
Isca

-ponders- I wonder if there are any karma jokes. Car ma[ja]. "Where's my purse?" "In the car, ma."

7/15/2010 #2
waitingforwhatever

I've heard "My karma ran over my dogma."

7/15/2010 #3
Psycho Paradox

Here's a buddhist joke :D

A young monk arrives at the monastery. He is assigned to helping the other monks in copying the old canons and laws by hand. He notices, however, that all of the monks are copying from copies, not from the original manuscript. So, the new monk goes to the head abbot to question this, pointing out that if someone made even a small error in the first copy, it would never be picked up! In fact, that error would be continued in all of the subsequent copies. The head monk, says, "We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son." He goes down into the dark caves underneath the monastery where the original manuscripts are held as archives in a locked vault that hasn't been opened for hundreds of years. Hours go by and nobody sees the old abbot.

So, the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him. He sees him banging his head against the wall and wailing, "We missed the "R" ! , we missed the "R" !" His forehead is all bloody and bruised and he is crying uncontrollably. The young monk asks the old abbot, "What's wrong, father?" With A choking voice, the old abbot replies, "The word was... CELEBRATE !!! "

7/20/2010 #4
skyward squidly squee

That. Is. Good.

7/20/2010 #5
Psycho Paradox

Ino :P

7/20/2010 #6
DreamingEternal

haha. I like that one.

As for karma, I only believe in karma in the context of one life and as the natural effect of the universe, not some supernatural punishment and reward system. So if i disobey my parents I'm not going to be reincarnated as a snail, and I'm not going to randomly develop boils as punishment for my wrong, but i would find that my parents trust me less or that i feel guilt, and those would both be natural negative consequences of my actions.

So my view of karma is more like the Wiccan Rule of Three, which states that every thing you do will come back to you threefold (physically, mentally, and spiritually) simply because that is the natural course of the universe.

7/27/2010 #7
waitingforwhatever

That's how I am. I don't like the thought of being punished for something from a past life that you don't even remember. It could cause some people to blame themselves every time something bad happens, which isn't healthy.

I think there are places like purgatory, if you didn't pay for your mistakes completely in the lifetime you committed them.

7/27/2010 #8
Forum Moderators: May Elizabeth Psycho Paradox, skyward squidly squee, lipleaf, Isca
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member