The Enlightened Mind Cafe
Are you intrested in discussions and maybe even debates with other enlightened minds? Warning: People who think, learn, and grow come here. Everyone welcome from all faiths, spiritualities, and even non-faith.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Isca

Possible topics for discussion include:

-Does God exist?

-What do you think of Einstein's theory of relativity?

-Should things like abortion and euthanasia be legalized?

-If you could send a message into space, what would it be and why?

-What are your thoughts on school violence?

-What do you think about public breastfeeding?

-Should there be age limits in place for things like drinking alcohol and gambling?

-What do you think about Occultism? Satanism?

-Do you think that drugs should be legalized?

-What do you think about high school stereotypes?

-What are your thoughts on animal testing?

-Do you believe in "Heaven" and "Hell"? Must you believe in one in order to believe in the other? If you do believe in "Heaven" and "Hell," what do you think they look like?

-What is "deja vu" to you?

12/12/2009 #1
Psycho Paradox

-Does God exist? I don't know. I kind of believe but i don't. I'm not exactly sure what to believe.

-What do you think of Einstein's theory of relativity? Not much, tbh.

-Should things like abortion and euthanasia be legalized? Idk what "euthanasia" is, but it's fun to say. Abortion, yes.

-If you could send a message into space, what would it be and why? My ass, so the whole galaxy can kiss it. =D

-What are your thoughts on school violence? Interesting. It's pretty pointless in thought. I believe in fighting to defend someone. If someone is getting bullied, i believe he/she/ or someone should stand up for them. Most HS fights are poorly motivated or alot of my HS fights that went on were. People got beat up just for transferring from another school.

-What do you think about public breastfeeding? Gross yet interesting. I think it should be allowed to do, but do it in the bathroom. All talk shouldn't be allowed either except in private. As a man, it's hard to enjoy your dinner while you hear women talk about it.

-Should there be age limits in place for things like drinking alcohol and gambling? Yes. Kids are fucking stupid and don't know any better.

-What do you think about Occultism? Satanism? Not much. Worship whomever you want. It's none of my business. Not my kind of thing though.

-Do you think that drugs should be legalized? No.

-What do you think about high school stereotypes? Idiotic.

-What are your thoughts on animal testing? Nothing really. Something must be sacrificed before tested on humans, i suppose. I don't that bad about it. Although it is somewhat wrong.

-Do you believe in "Heaven" and "Hell"? Yeah. Must you believe in one in order to believe in the other? No. You can believe in one and not the other, if you want. If you do believe in "Heaven" and "Hell," what do you think they look like? Hell = painful place. Heaven more of...what you consider a happy place.

-What is "deja vu" to you? A repeat of an already lived out memory.

12/12/2009 #2
Isca

-Does God exist? I believe so. I just had a thought: if our souls are 'little gods' or 'tiny pieces of god,' then doesn't that mean that each of us are 'gods' too?

-What do you think of Einstein's theory of relativity? All of this time-space continuum stuff goes a bit over my head, but it's interesting.

-Should things like abortion and euthanasia be legalized? Yes. I think that people should be able to make their own choices when it comes to their body. On a related note, is anyone familiar with the Terri Schiavo case? I'd also like to pose a new question: if you had to draw up a living will, would you want a 'Do Not Resuscitate' document (aka: DNR)? On a personal note, I said 'yes' to a DNR.

-If you could send a message into space, what would it be and why? "Turn back now. Warp speed 10." :P.

-What are your thoughts on school violence? I think it's stupid. It's all about teenagers acting out their problems. It's about trying to gain respect and attention. Yet, there are much better (and safer) ways to go about doing that. There were multiple 'bomb threats' and 'code red's' at my high school a few years ago. On a disgusting note, someone drew the swastika on a wall in the hallway once in feces. People are sick lol.

-What do you think about public breastfeeding? To be completely honest, it bothers me. I understand that it's a 'natural process' and such, but why do I have to watch someone do that? I think that women should go to the bathroom or something. I'd like to pose another question: what age do you think a child should be before their mother stops breastfeeding them? (Because the women who breastfeed their kids until they're 6, 7, or 8 years old really scare me).

-Should there be age limits in place for things like drinking alcohol and gambling? Yes. People are pretty irresponsible and immature. But, age isn't a representation of maturity, so it's difficult to assess. But, I think there should be a general age limit to govern the masses.

-What do you think about Occultism? Satanism? Whatever floats your boat. Occultism has ties to Wicca so obviously it's not something that bothers me. I just googled 'The Church of Satan' and went to their official website. I read through 'The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth' and everything seemed reasonable until I got to the 11th rule: "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him." They just threw in "destroy them" so nonchalantly too :S.

-Do you think that drugs should be legalized? No. But, I do think that some of them should be de-criminalized and that there should be safe places for people to go to if they want to participate in that kind of thing.

-What do you think about high school stereotypes? Everyone just labels each other so that they can 'understand' each other. The problem is that people don't fit into just one category. It's all about judgment and social hierarchy.

-What are your thoughts on animal testing? I guess I can understand the reasons for it, but it still bothers me.

-Do you believe in "Heaven" and "Hell"? Must you believe in one in order to believe in the other? If you do believe in "Heaven" and "Hell," what do you think they look like? I believe in Heaven but I'm not sure if I believe in Hell. Maybe we're in Hell right now. For me, Heaven would be a forest of shadows and fog. Heaven would be silence. Hell would be, well, the worst place imaginable.

-What is "deja vu" to you? A memory of an experience from a past-life.

12/13/2009 . Edited 12/13/2009 #3
skyward squidly squee

Alright. Since this is supposedly something of a discussion thread, instead of just simply posting my knowledge and views, I'll respond to what you all have already thrown out here. :]

-Does God exist? Mmh. Yes. Now, to discuss it--

"I don't know. I kind of believe but i don't. I'm not exactly sure what to believe." -- Psycho. -- You could read the Bible. Perhaps?

"In a way. I have a vague notion of God right now." -- Lyllyth. -- Hm. What do you mean?

"Maybe. If He/She does, than i have the feeling that God sort of sits back and watches tha tworld, only giving us slight nudges in the right direction instead of being extremely involved in all of our actions and decisions. I think He/She would want everyone to carve their own path, make their own mistakes and learn form them. In the end, it doesnt really matter if God exixts. He/She is real enough to you if you believe." -- DreamingEternal. -- Okay. Thank you very much for sharing your view. This is my response: As for God sitting back and giving us slight nudges, God has a plan for all of us, even though it can be really hard for us to see it. As for having us carve our own paths, and learn from our own mistakes--yeah, God wanted us to have our own wills, so that those who would love him would do so willingly; and we all have hardships in our lives, and God is always with us, and He will always help people through things, and people become stronger through those hardships and with God. As for it not mattering if God existed, that is totally wrong--don't be offended. If God didn't exist, there wouldn't be such a thing as a 'conscience'. And you can imagine where we'd be, then. And I've given other reasons, if you can see them, and there are more. Like I told PP, you could read a Bible (I'm not trying to assume you don't if you do ;P).

"I believe so. I just had a thought: if our souls are 'little gods' or 'tiny pieces of god,' then doesn't that mean that each of us are 'gods' too?" -- Isky -- We were all created by God in his image, you know. And that's pretty much amazing. I mean, it's really something to look into a crowd of people and realize that God created every one of the people in it, that through the miracle of life each one was born, and that He loves every one of them despite every wrong thing they have done (it's the same with all of us, of course)!

-What do you think of Einstein's theory of relativity? Um. Like PP said, not much. I mean, I don't know what there is to think; it is what it is. I enjoyed DreamingEternal's comment, though, and do agree with Isky's. :3

-Should things like abortion and euthanasia be legalized? Okay. Here we go:

"Idk what "euthanasia" is, but it's fun to say. Abortion, yes." -- PP. -- A euthanasia, PP, "refers to the practice of ending a life in a painless manner," and is defined as "a deliberate intervention undertaken with the express intention of ending a life, to relieve intractable suffering."

"Yeah I think so." -- Lyllyth. -- That honestly surprised me--oh, it really surprised me that all four of you had positive opinions on this.

"hey, it couldnt hurt our current over-population problem. On a more serious note, I am very strongly pro-choice. I also dont understand why we must extend people's suffering if there's nothing we can do to help them. To me, death would be preferable to years of pain with no chance of recovery. So, yeah, depending on the case, sometimes abortion or euthansia are the best solutions." -- DreamingEternal. -- I'm honestly thankful that you put your views on here, because it means that those views are here and this can really be a debate/discussion. I hope that wasn't as obvious as I thought.

Still in response to DreamingEternal: "I also dont understand why we must extend people's suffering if there's nothing we can do to help them. To me, death would be preferable to years of pain with no chance of recovery." Simply, life is for us to live, not to take. And God will take us when it's the right time.

Isky -- "Yes. I think that people should be able to make their own choices when it comes to their body." -- Mmh. Our bodies are supposed to be "God's temple". We're supposed to, y'know, take care of them.

Isky -- "On a related note, is anyone familiar with the Terri Schiavo case? I'd also like to pose a new question: if you had to draw up a living will, would you want a 'Do Not Resuscitate' document (aka: DNR)? On a personal note, I said 'yes' to a DNR." -- Mm. I'm not familiar with that case, but I wouldn't mind hearing about it if you'd want to tell me. And I think that's a very interesting question, in all honesty. And I can honestly say I have thought about it and am unsure whether I would want a DNR or not. There are just some things we'll never know--err, what I'm saying by that...:on one hand, I've said God will take us when the time is right (which would in a way point to a yes for a DNR), on the other hand I've said we're supposed to live our lives (which would in a way point to the no for the DNR), and on the third hand...I'm really uncertain about that state in which someone could be dead and revived and die, you know? And I mean, another thing I have to wonder about is what really qualifies someone as dead, by God's standard--at what point someone's soul is lifted out of them

A bit of my view: I'm against abortion; I think abortion is murder. I think that after a baby is conceived that it does have a soul. -- Murder. And as far as a euthanasia goes: I was on the fence for a while, and I thought about it, and I think it's wrong. Now, as far as them being legalized: ... Hm. Again, there is the matter of choice. RAWR. (Sometimes it's so hard to know what's the right thing. You know?) ... And the question said "things like," by the way. Rawr. o-o

Isky. It is personal. But would you mind sharing your reasons for saying 'yes' to a DNR? I'm just a little curious.

-If you could send a message into space, what would it be and why?

Mm. That's quite an interesting answer, PP. xD You really cease to amuse me. -- Ahh, and yours, too, Lyllyth; I like it! :3 -- I also cracked up at DreamingEternal's first answer. I also agree with the rest of her answer, and I think that's a cool idea. -- And Isky's, lol. ;P

Rawr. Why do I have to be the one with the serious one? (Well. Not saying anyone else's wasn't serious. ;P) -- At first, I thought the idea of aliens was ridiculous. I mean, why? From what I'd read in the Bible, nothing was said about them, or about another created race. But now I think it's possible God might have created others outside of us and that we just don't have to have anything to do with each other. As for what I message I would actually send: Hmm. Hah. I really don't know. Sorry.

-What are your thoughts on school violence? Mmh. Okay.

PP -- "Interesting. It's pretty pointless in thought.I believe in fighting to defend someone. If someone is getting bullied, i believe he/she/ or someone should stand up for them. Most HS fights are poorly motivated or alot of my HS fights that went on were. People got beat up just for transferring from another school." -- Rawr, that's terrible that someone would be beat up for transferring schools. I especially fell that, heh, personnally, because I liked someone who had transferred, and because I was going to transfer to a different school and have ended up with online classes again. I agree, though: people should stand up for themselves, and people should stand up for others.

Lyllyth -- "At the moment, I'm thankful for it in a sick kind of way. We didnt have school on friday because there was a bomb threat. Some kid got arrested because he actually had like ten bombs in his house to blow up each school building. But I really needed that day off, or I never would have gotten my homework done." -- lol Really, Lyllyth? For homework? I used to just pretend to be sick for stuff like that. Yeah. That was until I really started getting sick like almost every day, which was from stress-related thinggggggs. -- Also...what would be the point of bombing a school.

Dreaming Eternal -- Yeah. That is scary. O.O ... Makes you feel thankful and glad to be alive, doesn't it? -- Rawr, and as terrible as it is to hear about people dying (and ... yeah, I'm really sick of it, but I have another view--I'll ask about it), I feel like things that can just be reminders that we're alive, y'know, and things like that. Like, that our husbands aren't cheating on us with eighteen other women or something.

Isky -- "I think it's stupid. It's all about teenagers acting out their problems. It's about trying to gain respect and attention. Yet, there are much better (and safer) ways to go about doing that. There were multiple 'bomb threats' and 'code red's' at my high school a few years ago. On a disgusting note, someone drew the swastika on a wall in the hallway once in feces. People are sick lol." -- Ahh. I feel kind of guilty revealing this, but there have been times going to high school that I have been really desperate, like I don't know, and sometimes I've wondered: if I had a gun, how much would I consider using it? I really like to think that I wouldn't. I know violence is wrong and wouldn't help me at all. It's just, y'know, sometimes people get desperate beyond a sense of reason. And yeah, our school has had bomb threats. A kid was expelled because he had a legitimate hitlist. And as for the swastika (I wasn't entirely sure and had to look it up to be sure): wow. But yeah, I've seen some carved into desks at my school. And I mean, I don't even know if kids do that because they're against Jews or if it's because they're hateful in general and that's somehow a way of displacing some hate. -- Also, I agree with all of what is your opinion here. o-o Even though I've seen close to the other side.

Oh. And I almost forgot. Here was what I was wondering about (and have wondered about a few times). (It's definitely my belief that:) When someone who has accepted God dies, they're taken to Heaven. You know? So it kind of astounds me how Christians view death. Y'know. Person 1: "So and so died." Person 2: "Oh, that's terrible." I mean, one instance that's personal for me is that my grandpa died in 2003. See, he's in Heaven, now. And the idea of that makes me happy. And I'm happy to think about meeting him again in Heaven, and meeting all kinds of other people. But. My cousin. She's 19. My grandma can't even say my grandpa's name without my cousin starting to cry. ..... And I just don't understand. And I've never said anything to here about. Because, I mean, I understand that besides knowing you'll meet again in Heaven, there is the pain of not having them with you, and of knowing you'll not see them again in your life on Earth.

Also. What are your views on funerals?

-What do you think about public breastfeeding?

Haha. While you were serious, PP, your view made me laugh. Perhaps it's just the idea of this topic in a serious conversation. ;P

Lyllyth -- "You know, i dont think i've ever seen anyone breastfeed in public. But I don't think I'd mind." Why, that's a nice view, Lyllyth. :3 I also don't think I've seen breastfeeding in public myself. Having three younger siblings, though, I've seen it at home. Even seen my dad doing it, y'know, with those whatever-they-were's. o-o (XD OH MY GOSH!)

DreamingEternal -- "It's a natural process, there shouldnt really be anything gross about it. I guess it should be up to the woman doing the breastfeeding as to whether she feels comfortable doing it in public or not." -- Wow. DreamingEternal. I agree with you, breastfeeding is a natural process, and I see your view. But sex is also a natural process, and you know doing that in public would not be right. And a woman's breasts are something that should be kept private.

Isky -- "To be completely honest, it bothers me. I understand that it's a 'natural process' and such, but why do I have to watch someone do that? I think that women should go to the bathroom or something." -points to above response- Yeah. I agree. ;P

Isky -- "I'd like to pose another question: what age do you think a child should be before their mother stops breastfeeding them? (Because the women who breastfeed their kids until they're 6, 7, or 8 years old really scare me)." -- Well. To be honest, I can't give a real answer to this. Because the idea of breastfeeding at all is kind of a scary/creepy thing to me. o-o

-Should there be age limits in place for things like drinking alcohol and gambling?

Rawr. Agreeing with PP. And Lyllyth.

DreamingEternal -- "Yeah, I can see why there are limits. But at the same time, I feel like i could drink and gamble responsibly at my current age, while others older than me certainly cant. So age isnt the best way to measure maturity." -- Well, one thing is, I'm not sure maturity and responsibility is the whole problem. And I've heard (from a very reliable source) that alcohol is more damaging to a teenager's or a child's body than to an adult's body. ...

Isky -- "Yes. People are pretty irresponsible and immature. But, age isn't a representation of maturity, so it's difficult to assess. But, I think there should be a general age limit to govern the masses." -- Mm. I'm pointing to my above response for most of that. But then, there's the age limit thing. Hm. o-o

I really don't feel like going really in-depth, and I'll just say I definitely am not against age limits for drinking alcohol and gambling.

-What do you think about Occultism? Satanism? Augh. Alright. I'lll just share my views here. I'm not positive on this, but what I've known is that witchery and things like that evil and pretty much Satanic. ... (When it comes to things like Harry Potter: ... I'm absolutely not against Harry Potter and the like, y'know. It's not about being Satanic, it's not making people evil, and it's really not bad-natured at all. I just think practicing actual witchery is wrong.) Satanism. Well, wow. Worshipping Satan. Satan was one of the angel's (he was called Lucifer) created by God, and Satan thought he was better than God. God cast him out of Heaven. And there were angels who were on Lucifer/Satan's side and followed him; Satan's demons are those angels. And that's who Satan is. Satan is not God. Satan is not 'a god'. Satan is not stronger than God. Satan will create an army after the apocalypse, and they will all simply fail completely at besting God and the people of Heaven. Worshipping Satan is wrong. Worshipping Satan is pointless. You should worship God. -- You can have your own views. You can worship whomever you want. God gave you choice.

-Do you think that drugs should be legalized?

Amen, PP. Amen to that. ;P

You speak the truth, Lyllyth.

I have no idea what you said, DreamingEternal. But really, I'm not the most knowledgeable on the subject of drugs.

Same to Isca's. I don't know too much. o-o

I just think drugs aren't really safe. They're damaging. And again, we're supposed to 'preserve God's temple'. Again. Yeah, it's your body. Your choice. ...

Meh. Talking about legalization. Talking about the law of man. Just think about the law of God. And not what the world says is okay.

-What do you think about high school stereotypes? Stupid, stupid, stupid (are the words that come to mind).

Yes. I absolutely agree with all of you. But mostly I just think they're stupid.

-What are your thoughts on animal testing?

Again, I really agree with what all of you had to say.

To my knowledge, God gave us the animals for whatever use we would have them for. In a way, you could truthfully say animals are like tools. But you can have them for all kinds of different things. -- You can have animals for companionship, for food--for animal testing--etcetera. There are still just going to be things that are bothersome. Like, honestly, the idea of eating certain animals just seems so wrong to me. And 'animal cruelty' can be rather disconcerting (horrific, terrible, all those things). o-o

-Do you believe in "Heaven" and "Hell"? Must you believe in one in order to believe in the other? If you do believe in "Heaven" and "Hell," what do you think they look like?

PP -- You're absolutely right! They do exist, and yes, people can believe in one without believing in the other. People can believe all kinds of things.

Lyllyth & DreamingEternal -- Mm. I'm sorry to hear that you don't believe in Heaven or Hell. Perhaps you will come to. I hope you do. And whether you do or don't, you're going to know when you die, because you will see. -- Also, yeah, I have seen Hell portrayed in a lot of different ways in fiction.

Isca -- Ahh. In response to the thought that Earth is Hell. I mean, honestly. Life can be wonderful. Especially if one lives for God. And I believe that every part of nature (including each human (you know we're beautiful)) is what would be God's works of art (they are his creations) and gifts for us to see and experience.

Here is what I have to say:

Heaven & Hell. Yes. They are real.

Again, like PsychoParadox said, one can believe in one and not believe in the other.

Heaven -- Heaven is a place you cannot really imagine before you've been there. Not much is said about it; one will simply find out once they are there, and it is the promise of Heaven (and an eternal life there) that is the greatest promise of all and something that we should hold onto throughout our lives. To my knowledge, though: the streets are made of gold (I think everybody knows that :) ); I've heard that Heaven is on a huge mountain; I have heard that there's a fountain, and that once you drink from it you will never have thirst again; it should be amazing, and perfect; and God lives there. And you live there. Forever.

Hell -- Well. For real. It is so dark you cannot see anything, and at the same time you are burning in the hottest fire that exists. And you live there. Forever.

-What is "deja vu" to you? Aw, YES! I would LOVE to have this discussion.

Mmhmm, PP. I'm pretty sure that's what one should say 'deja vu' is.

Lyllyth -- "Somettimes i get a really strange sense of familiarity about random situations. If i believed in reincarnation, i would think i experiened it before. But no, sometimes it's too specific. Like word-by-word conversations that feel familiar. Maybe we actually predict these things, in our sleep or something and then forget about them. Like we're unconsciously psychic. That would be pretty cool." -- Yeah. I absolutely know what you're talking about. I don't think we're psychic. I have always kind of believed that God has some control over our dreams, and since God knows everything about our whole life before we live it, He could easily have something we haven't lived yet be a part of our dream.

DreamingEternal: Mm. And I absolutely know what you're talking about. And I mean, how weird is it to feel like you already know someone you couldn't. I mean, explain that? :D

Isky, whyyy?

I just can't believe in reincarnation and past lives. And here's why: We are created beings with souls. Depending on whether we've accepted God's salvation, when we die our soul goes either to Heaven or Hell. And our souls live forever in Heaven or Hell. We aren't born into other bodies.

And those are my views. Thank you.

12/15/2009 . Edited 12/15/2009 #4
Psycho Paradox

Squid, all of these are for you. Also, wtf...how long did it take you to write a fuckin' 3209572037520352790 word wall of text dood ROFL. 3

"I don't know. I kind of believe but i don't. I'm not exactly sure what to believe." -- Psycho. -- You could read the Bible. Perhaps?

Don't own a copy, nor do i think reading tales of a "burning bush" (seriously, were they high when they wrote it?) is "helpful" to me...lol

Haha. While you were serious, PP, your view made me laugh. Perhaps it's just the idea of this topic in a serious conversation. ;P

I am/war serious. I mean, i'm all for it. If the child needs to be fed, fed it. But don't do it in a fuckin' crowded restaurant. Have some manners and excuse yourself and move to a more private setting. I'm sure many-a-men/women/children would thank you.

Rawr, that's terrible that someone would be beat up for transferring schools. I especially fell that, heh, personnally, because I liked someone who had transferred, and because I was going to transfer to a different school and have ended up with online classes again. I agree, though: people should stand up for themselves, and people should stand up for others.

It was an inter-school war people had. I got to see some good fights though. It made me giggle at least. No one ever fucked with me anyways. Survival comes before helping others.

Mm. That's quite an interesting answer, PP. xD You really cease to amuse me

I turn a blind eye to things i (1) don't care too much about (2) don't know much about (3) won't live to see

PP -- You're absolutely right! They do exist, and yes, people can believe in one without believing in the other. People can believe all kinds of things.

People can believe whatever they want. As George Carlin has said "Thy should kept thy religion to themself"

That's what happens to me. I actually dream something, and sometimes it will happen. It'd happened since i was in 5th grade. It's really weird. Sometimes it'll take the event in my dream a few months to show up in my life =X

12/15/2009 #5
skyward squidly squee

Squid, all of these are for you. Also, wtf...how long did it take you to write a fuckin' 3209572037520352790 word wall of text dood ROFL. 3

Haha! It took me between two and three hours.

Don't own a copy, nor do i think reading tales of a "burning bush" (seriously, were they high when they wrote it?) is "helpful" to me...lol

Um. High. Well, I'm pretty sure the writers of the Bible (who were all inspired by God of exactly what to write) lived in a time before drugs, actually.

And what do you really know about the "burning bush" thing? Anything? ;P -- I don't honestly know about the burning bush myself to tell you what it's really about, though.

But you can really find the Bible to be a ton of helpful-ness and possibly guidance. ----- ....... If you could happen to get your hands on a Bible, I would ask that you just try and maybe read some of, like, Proverbs. That was all written by Solomon, the king given the greatest wisdom of any man ever, yeahh. Much wisdom, I'm sure you could find something helpful. You could read Job. It's about a man who Satan tests with terrible misfortunes, and the man (yeah, I mean Job) doesn't blame God and always has faith. You could read Matthew also, I guess. And John. And basically, just read it. :)

I am/war serious. I mean, i'm all for it. If the child needs to be fed, fed it. But don't do it in a fuckin' crowded restaurant. Have some manners and excuse yourself and move to a more private setting. I'm sure many-a-men/women/children would thank you.

lol Well, yeah, really. xPRawr, that's terrible that someone would be beat up for transferring schools. I especially fell that, heh, personnally, because I liked someone who had transferred, and because I was going to transfer to a different school and have ended up with online classes again. I agree, though: people should stand up for themselves, and people should stand up for others.

It was an inter-school war people had. I got to see some good fights though. It made me giggle at least. No one ever fucked with me anyways. Survival comes before helping others.Well, wow. o-o I see what you mean. Reminds me of the Lakehurst/Degrassi thing on the show Degrassi.

Mm. That's quite an interesting answer, PP. xD You really cease to amuse me

I turn a blind eye to things i (1) don't care too much about (2) don't know much about (3) won't live to see

Ahh. Well, you could learn something, instead. ;P

People can believe whatever they want. As George Carlin has said "Thy should kept thy religion to themself"

Mmh. Well, I don't necessarily agree with that thar quote. Ehh. O-o

That's what happens to me. I actually dream something, and sometimes it will happen. It'd happened since i was in 5th grade. It's really weird. Sometimes it'll take the event in my dream a few months to show up in my life =X

Yeah, I know what you mean. Stuff like that has been happening to me since before I was in the fourth grade.

And something I forgot to say in the last post. (W'RAWRR) The psychology teacher I had at the public school I transferred to online school from said that 'deja vu' is actually when your brain goes into hyper-drive for a moment, or something like that. Another thing: I disagreed with this teacher more than once. o-o

12/15/2009 #6
Psycho Paradox

Um. High. Well, I'm pretty sure the writers of the Bible (who were all inspired by God of exactly what to write) lived in a time before drugs, actually.

They found a way

And what do you really know about the "burning bush" thing? Anything? ;P -- I don't honestly know about the burning bush myself to tell you what it's really about, though.

Nothing except that "the burning bush" passed something onto some guy.

But you can really find the Bible to be a ton of helpful-ness and possibly guidance. ----- ....... If you could happen to get your hands on a Bible, I would ask that you just try and maybe read some of, like, Proverbs. That was all written by Solomon, the king given the greatest wisdom of any man ever, yeahh. Much wisdom, I'm sure you could find something helpful. You could read Job. It's about a man who Satan tests with terrible misfortunes, and the man (yeah, I mean Job) doesn't blame God and always has faith. You could read Matthew also, I guess. And John. And basically, just read it. :)

Idk, Religion has never been my thing.

Well, wow. o-o I see what you mean. Reminds me of the Lakehurst/Degrassi thing on the show Degrassi.

I don't know what that is, but if you got the understanding of it then that's good. xD

Ahh. Well, you could learn something, instead. ;P

Hard to learn about shit you don't care about, ya know?

Yeah, I know what you mean. Stuff like that has been happening to me since before I was in the fourth grade.

It's pretty interesting when it does.

12/15/2009 #7
Isca

Squid: Isky -- "Yes. I think that people should be able to make their own choices when it comes to their body." -- Mmh. Our bodies are supposed to be "God's temple". We're supposed to, y'know, take care of them.

I'll play Devil's Advocate and say: our bodies are only "God's temple" if you believe in God. If you believe that 'God gave us free will,' then is it not our choice to do what we will to our bodies? As for treating them with respect, there are a few religious institutions, such as Opus Dei, that practice corporal mortification. They do that so that they may 'experience Christ's pain' and 'understand his sacrifice.' Is that kind of treatment of the body 'acceptable' because it's for a 'noble cause'?

Squid: I think abortion is murder. I think that after a baby is conceived that it does have a soul.

If a woman was raped, and on the off-chance she conceived a child, do you think that she should be allowed to have an abortion, or no? Do you think that abortion is wrong in all cases, or are there some exceptions?

Squid: Isky. It is personal. But would you mind sharing your reasons for saying 'yes' to a DNR? I'm just a little curious.

I suppose my answer to this question is two-fold. Firstly, death isn't something that scares me, and moreover, I'd rather not spend more time in this life than necessary. I know that sounds horrible, but this life is more than enough for me. Secondly, my grandmother 'died' before being resuscitated and she only got worse after that and ended up actually dying a few days later. I just know that she was 'meant to go' the first time. So, if something like that happens to me, I don't want to be in a coma or in a vegetative state. Just pull the plug.

Squid: What are your views on funerals?

Well, I'm certainly not going to sit here and tell people how to mourn for their loved ones. I think people should be allowed to mourn in whatever way best suits them - whether that's having a funeral, a wake, a celebration of life, etc. On a personal note, I don't want a funeral of any kind. Burn my body and be done with it.

Squid: I just think practicing actual witchery is wrong.

I'm curious, what do you constitute as "actual witchery"?

Squid: I just can't believe in reincarnation and past lives. And here's why: We are created beings with souls. Depending on whether we've accepted God's salvation, when we die our soul goes either to Heaven or Hell. And our souls live forever in Heaven or Hell. We aren't born into other bodies.

"We are created beings with souls." I find this statement very interesting because it suggests that FIRST we are "created beings" and THEN we are "souls." Is that what you meant? If one does not believe in God, do they still go to Heaven or Hell? Why is it not possible to be born into other bodies? What if God created us to "experience" all things? Do you think that one lifetime on Earth is enough to learn all of God's lessons? If there is a Heaven, are we really "worthy" to live there for all of eternity after spending only maybe 100 years away from the divine realm?

12/15/2009 #8
skyward squidly squee

Isky: As for treating them with respect, there are a few religious institutions, such as Opus Dei, that practice corporal mortification. They do that so that they may 'experience Christ's pain' and 'understand his sacrifice.' Is that kind of treatment of the body 'acceptable' because it's for a 'noble cause'?

Well, I just think they're misguided to think that way. Yeah, I think they're wrong and just don't know it. It's like sinning in the name of God. Mm.

Isky: If a woman was raped, and on the off-chance she conceived a child, do you think that she should be allowed to have an abortion, or no? Do you think that abortion is wrong in all cases, or are there some exceptions?

Okay, those might be some terrible circumstances, and I see that, but the abortion would still mean the same thing--it would still be murdering the unborn child. I really don't think there are exceptions that are right. But I'm not going to say the woman can't have a choice. Like I've said.

Isky: I'm curious, what do you constitute as "actual witchery"?

Okay. Well. I haven't researched this nor do I really know a lot about it. I just know there are actual people who do paranormal or abnormal things. And I've been told that those people are assisted by Satan to be able to do what they do. Like, being psychic, or telepathic, and things like that.

Isky: "We are created beings with souls." I find this statement very interesting because it suggests that FIRST we are "created beings" and THEN we are "souls." Is that what you meant?

Not that we are souls. We are created beings. We have our body, soul and spirit. We each have a soul.

Isky: If one does not believe in God, do they still go to Heaven or Hell?

Well. Someone who has accepted God's salvation and forgiveness would go to Heaven. If someone doesn't believe in God, or someone who does and hasn't accepted him, would go to Hell.

Isky: Why is it not possible to be born into other bodies?

We are eternal beings. After we die, we will live forever in either Heaven or Hell. Each human born is given a new soul.

Isky: What if God created us to "experience" all things? Do you think that one lifetime on Earth is enough to learn all of God's lessons?

Well, one doesn't have to learn all of God's lessons. One must simply accept Him. And no one can ever know everything about God, even if they study the Bible for decades.

Isky: If there is a Heaven, are we really "worthy" to live there for all of eternity after spending only maybe 100 years away from the divine realm?

Yeah, because we sin, we are not worthy. But y'know, God loves all of us, as he created us, despite every wrong thing we do. And he wants us to live with Him. Jesus' death was the atonement for all of our sins, so that everyone who believed and accepted His salvation and forgiveness could live in Heaven.

12/15/2009 #9
Psycho Paradox

Thank you, DE for it. I will read it later, however i'm in too in the mood for lengthy reading. I'm sorry =/

12/15/2009 #10
skyward squidly squee

DreamingEternal: "Also, for future reference Squiddy, I would greatly appreciate it if you would refrain from using expressions like “you’re wrong” in this religious debate, and rather say something like “I disagree”. This forum is called Enlightened Minds for a reason: it is supposed to be a place of tolerance and intellectual discussion, and I would feel more comfortable if I didn’t get the impression that my opinions were being shot down. Thank you."

Oh, well that's great. I asked you not to get offended, and I thought I was just discussing it really, so I'm sorry I didn't use perfectly favorable word choice, DreamingEternal. I'll do that, though, really, or at least try.

DreamingEternal: After Moses was cast out of Egypt, he wandered around the desert until he eventually ran into a desert tribe, married, settled down, and had a family. But eventually he was wandering around on a mountain for some reason and saw a bush that appeared to be on fire, but that wasn’t actually being consumed by the flame. A voice came from the bush -- God’s voice – and it told him that he had to go back to Egypt and free the Hebrews from their bondage under the Pharaoh. See the story of Passover/ Book of Exodus for more details.

Whoa. I don't know anything about Moses marrying and having a family, and I've been through the story of Israel's exodus from Egypt several times. o-o I'll have to read again, though. And thanks, DreamingEternal.

DreamingEternal: On the Topic of Hell – I believe that I am essentially a good person. I truly care about others, strive to do my best in everything, and feel good when I do good deeds. So I find it extremely difficult to believe that despite all this, I am condemned to spend a tortuous, burning eternity in Hell simply for not believing in God or accepting his salvation.

Well, I'm sorry you believe that. We can all be good 99.9% of the time, but we have all sinned, and therefore we don't deserve to live in Heaven with the God who is perfect. To quote what I said in an earlier post:

Isky: If there is a Heaven, are we really "worthy" to live there for all of eternity after spending only maybe 100 years away from the divine realm?

Yeah, because we sin, we are not worthy. But y'know, God loves all of us, as he created us, despite every wrong thing we do. And he wants us to live with Him. Jesus' death was the atonement for all of our sins, so that everyone who believed and accepted His salvation and forgiveness could live in Heaven.

Dreaming Eternal: Squid: Do you consider today’s Wiccans to fall under the category of “actual witchery”?

I don't really know anything about Wiccans, honestly, other than the little I picked up in a book call Dies The Fire that I read last year. Would you consider it to be, considering how I kind of defined "actual witchery."

DreamingEternal: “Well, one doesn't have to learn all of God's lessons. One must simply accept Him.” -- I must disagree. For me at least, the pursuit of knowledge is the entire purpose of life. (That, and spreading happiness.) So I would consider my life very unfulfilling if I just blindly accepted that God existed. I’d rather spend a lifetime debating it, researching the different takes of different faiths, and making sure I have seen all angles and the reasons behind each. Even if I never reached a final conclusion before my death, I would still consider that a more meaningful life than the first option.

I have heard that earthly knowledge means nothing to God. To say something else, I don't know. I'm only seventeen, and there's even a lot of the Bible that I haven't read, and I just don't know how we're supposed to lead our lives. And I'm definitely not saying you shouldn't research all religions/faiths as much as you want.

12/15/2009 . Edited 12/15/2009 #11
Isca

Squid: Like, being psychic, or telepathic, and things like that.

Mmm. My dear Squiddy, it would interest you to know, then, that I've been to a few 'psychic fairs' :P.

Squid: We have our body, soul and spirit.

What is the difference between a soul and a spirit?

Squid: We are eternal beings.

But, is it still not possible for a soul to be re-born into a new body? Why does that re-birth have to constitute the forming of a 'new soul'? Why can't an 'old soul' be born again? It's still eternal...

Squid: One doesn't have to learn all of God's lessons. One must simply accept Him.

If one doesn't have to learn God's lessons, then what is the point of ethics or morality? What's stopping someone from living a life of sin, 'accepting God' on their deathbed, and then going to Heaven? Is that right, if they had lived poorly on earth? Would they really be 'worthy' of Heaven?

Squid: Jesus' death was the atonement for all of our sins.

Then what's the point of acting 'kind' to one another? If that's true, then we could all just become murderers or rapists 'cause our sins would still be forgiven. God would still love us? I think not. :P

Lyllyth: Thus seeing polytheism as a form of monotheism.

I love this point. I call this the 'duality' of all things. While you may believe in a 'male' and a 'female' energy, they are still, essentially, two halves of the same whole. E.g. 'The Lord' and 'The Lady' would = God.

Lyllyth: What about prophets? Pretty fine line there if you ask me.

Well, good Lord. I don't have anything to add to this, other than the fact that I think that's a brilliant observation.

P.S. I'm hanging on the edge of my seat waiting to hear Squid's thoughts on Wicca and if it's "actual witchery." That could get interesting lol.

P.S.S. I love this thread. It's about time we had some "intellectual" conversation again. :)

12/16/2009 #12
skyward squidly squee

Lyllyth: "Ooh, speaking of psychics and "witchery", what about prophets? Pretty fine line there if you ask me. Prophets are people who make predictions in the name of God. Psychics can be people who just make predictions. But if every person is a "little god" or has some God in them or whatever, wouldn't they be making predictions in the name of God too?"

There were real prophets in biblical days, yes. But I've heard that after a certain point, probably around the time of the Crucifixion, or perhaps later on while his disciples remained, there were no more [real] prophets. If I believe that, and I do, today's prophets, and all prophets after that point (I'll have to find out--this debate has made me want to research a lot on different subjects) are fake or liars, or empowered by Satan.

Lyllyth: "I think I've even started debating myself at some point in here."

Mmh. I was thinking about this after you said it. And I'm pretty sure I've debated myself in the past, as well. I just think that means you're realizing something that contradicts what you already thought or believed, or that you're seeing multiple views at once.

Lyllyth: "As for Heaven and Hell and being "worthy". I'll tell you right now, I'm perfectly confident in my ethical choices so far. I may not be 99.9% good, but I'm up there somewhere. And a merciful God would not let that little weensy .1% of not believing in Him a certain way cause me to spend an eternity in fire and brimstone."

Okay. Here's what I believe, or what I've learned/heard/been taught:

We all sin--whether that's lying, steeling, being lustful, greedy, wanting, or envious, or whatever. Therefore, we're not perfect; we're not holy. We're not worthy of living in Heaven with the Holy God.

And Hell is for Satan. Satan is the one meant for Hell, and he'll eventually be stuck there himself (after the 'end times,' which is another thing I don't know too much about). And Satan is the one who wants to take as many of us as he can to Hell with him.

And Jesus paid for our sins so that we could go to Heaven.

Lyllyth: "Which, after an eternity probably wouldn't be that bad anyway. If we never felt pleasure again, how would we even know what pain was?"

Okay. At first, I was going to debate how it really would "be that bad anyway," but then I realized that's no what I want to do. I mean, why would you want to suffer alone (yeah, I've heard that in Hell each person is alone in the dark and can't call out or anything) when you could go to Heaven? Why you just shrug it off because it "wouldn't be that bad." -- See my next response for a continuation of this response.

Lyllyth: "Same goes for Heaven. If everything's perfect and everyone's always happy, what does it matter? Happiness means nothing without something to contrast it too. You wouldn't even know you're happy. And I dont think streets of gold would make me happy."

I don't think streets of gold or how beautiful or perfect it is are even the point at all. I think the best part is actually being in God's presence.

As for the idea of eternal happiness not mattering, I've noticed that I can just be absolutely happy for weeks, and being happy is still freaking wonderful. I don't think it needs contrast. I mean, after you've lived a life on Earth, you'd know what it meant to not be happy. Happiness is still happiness. And I think that concept would apply better for life on Earth then for life in Heaven. I mean, on Earth we're always looking for something more, searching and trying to find meaning. In Heaven, we would already have everything and have an eternity to just enjoy it.

On a conceivably off-topic note--when he died, my grandma said my grandpa was dancing in Heaven. She said that for a couple months, and then she said that he was resting. ;P

Lyllyth: "What was the point in giving us all individual souls in the first place?"

Okay, I'm not sure this will answer your question, but this is what I have to say:

I believe: God created us because he was alone and lonely. And he didn't want us to be robots that served him unquestionably, automatically. He gave us our will, freedom, choice so that when we loved him it was because we each chose to love him.

Do you believe that the Bible should be taken literally or that some parts can be interpreted as figurative? -- Alright. I think that a lot of the Bible is written literally. But that you're supposed to find your own lessons in it. And in the New Testament, Jesus told a lot of parables, as in short stories teaching moral lessons. So actually, I think it should be taken in both senses.

And if the latter, to what degree? -- I'm sorry, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. To what figurative degree? I mean, could you clarify for me?

Do you ever read the Holy Texts of other religions? -- Mmh. No, I haven't. I might at some point be interested to, though, just to see what they say.

Lyllyth: ""I have heard that earthly knowledge means nothing to God"--That makes me cry. Feels like I'm wasting my life here then. What have i been doing all these years, if not acquiring earthly knowledge. Why am I sitting in advanced classes? Why am I even in school? Lol, no that's not true, even if God didnt care, i would care. So I'm not really wasting my life, because earthly knowledge is meaningful to me while I'm living here. Besides, if after this life all i get to do is sit around in a world where there's not problems to be solved and everything is perfect, I'd like to enjoy the pursuit of knowledge while I can."

Mmh. Yeah. That's not to say the pursuit of knowledge is a waste of time. (Although, I personally hate school. I want to learn, but I hate how it's structured and things like that--ugh.)

And yeah. I don't know the perfect way to lead a life here. But I believe God said something like, we should follow our hearts, or the pursuits of our hearts.

Lyllyth: "Anyway, I've found this debate really insightful. Squid, I had no idea you were so religious, I don't think you've posted on any of our religious posts before. BTW, if you're wondering about any of our particular religions, you might want to check those out. We talk about Wicca quite a lot on some of them if you'd like to learn more about that. I'm glad to finally hear your views on these topics. And don't take offense from my responses, I dont believe that you're necessarily wrong about any of these things, but some of your beliefs just bring up lots of questions for me. I'd love to learn more. Also, don't feel bad, you're not the only one I've questioned like this, Isca and May Elizabeth went through the same thing during our reincarnation discussion."

Mmhmm. And I just read all the way through the Religions thread and posted in it. I feel like there's still a lot I want to know about things, so I'll probably post there more later on.

And thanks. Also, if you have any more questions for me, ask away. :)

Isky: Mmm. My dear Squiddy, it would interest you to know, then, that I've been to a few 'psychic fairs' :P.

Mmh. Yeah. I read about that in the Religions thread. From what I could tell, they sounded harmless. I'd like it if you could tell me more about them, though.

Isky: What is the difference between a soul and a spirit?

That's something I'm not clear on, myself. I'll tell you when I find that answer.

Isky: But, is it still not possible for a soul to be re-born into a new body? Why does that re-birth have to constitute the forming of a 'new soul'? Why can't an 'old soul' be born again? It's still eternal...

This response is going to seem really random: Well, I believe the Bible says God knows us all by name. That makes me wonder, though, what name he would know us by, you know? Like, considering the conversation in the Pseudonyms thread. (Yeah, in response to your questions, this was about the very last thing that popped into my head, but I typed it up first. On to everything else--)

The idea just never seemed possible to me. However, the more we discuss, and the more I think about it, the more open I am to the idea. I don't remember hearing/reading anything about it from the Bible, and part of me thinks the idea was just created by someone who hoped for another life after their death, even though there already is.

Isky: "If one doesn't have to learn God's lessons, then what is the point of ethics or morality? What's stopping someone from living a life of sin, 'accepting God' on their deathbed, and then going to Heaven? Is that right, if they had lived poorly on earth? Would they really be 'worthy' of Heaven?"

I've had pastors preach a lot on that--"someone living a life of sin, 'accepting God' on their deathbed, and then going to Heaven."

One thing is, they could die any minute, and it would be too late. Another thing is, I believe God punishes us for our sins. However that may be. Sometimes I think even stubbing my toe could be a punishment for something I did.

As for the question of whether it would be right, I believe it's wrong. As for the question of whether they would "really be 'worthy' of Heaven"--in my belief, God is merciful, loving, and will always forgive someone who asks for forgiveness, and that if someone has saved [has received salvation], they are saved no matter what they've done. And that in any case, even if we're 'saved,' we're still not worthy. That's the mercy of God.

Isky: "Then what's the point of acting 'kind' to one another? If that's true, then we could all just become murderers or rapists 'cause our sins would still be forgiven. God would still love us? I think not. :P"

Yeah, I believe God still loves every person. I believe he loves every criminal, every starving kid in Africa, people like Osama Bin Laden and Adolf Hitler--everyone. Despite any deed. Like I said above, I believe we're punished for our misdeeds, and I believe there is every point in acting 'kind' to one another and showing integrity.

Isky: P.S. I'm hanging on the edge of my seat waiting to hear Squid's thoughts on Wicca and if it's "actual witchery." That could get interesting lol.

Oh, yes. Okay. The thing is I'm still vague on Wicca, really. And I'd have to find what it says in the Bible about 'witchery' to find out what it actually says is Satanic or wrong. I'm probably going to have a lot of questions, later on. But right now, I don't know.

Isky -- I am also loving this thread and enjoying the intelligent conversation. :)

P.S. Also, Lyllyth, I'm really glad you told me about your 'vague notion of God,' really glad I asked. I would like to hear more, like you said, when you're more awake. And I'll respond or tell you what I think, when I'm more awake. ;P

12/16/2009 . Edited 12/16/2009 #13
Isca

Squid: "The thing is I'm still vague on Wicca, really. And I'd have to find what it says in the Bible about 'witchery' to find out what it actually says is Satanic or wrong."

To save you some time, I researched a few of the passages in the Bible that mentioned 'witchcraft.'

"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." Exodus 22: 18.

"There shall not be found among you anyone ....that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter or a witch, or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer." Deuteronomy 18: 10-11.

A list of "sinful acts": "adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft..." Galatians 5: 19-20.

Also, I'll do a quick comparison between Wicca and Christianity for you. The main symbol for a Wiccan is a pentagram; for a Christian, it's a cross. Wicca has its roots in pagan and Celtic religion; Christianity has its roots in Hebrew religion and Greco-Roman philosophy. Christians have 'The Apostles Creed' and Wiccans have 'The Wiccan Rede.' For Christians, time is linear; for Wiccans, it is cyclical in nature. Christians believe in resurrection, judgment, and eternal Heaven of Hell; Wiccans believe in reincarnation until they reach the Summerland. Christians believe in one God who is separate from nature; Wiccans believe in either monotheism, polytheism, or pantheism, where God is connected to nature. Christians say "God" and Wiccans say "The All." For Christians, there is 'The Holy Trinity' and for Wiccans there's 'The Triple Goddess.' Christians worship as a congregation in a church; Wiccans worship mostly outdoors - either in a coven or alone. Christians have special ceremonies like baptism, confirmation, marriage, etc; Wiccans have wiccaning, initiation, handfasting, etc. Christians worship on Sundays; Wiccans worship on Esbats (the full moon days). Christians have holidays like Lent, Easter, Advent, and Christmas; Wiccans have Samhain, Beltane, and various other solstice/equinox holidays. Christians have 'The Golden Rule': Do unto others as you would have them do unto you; Wiccans have 'The Wiccan Rede': An ye harm none, do what ye will. In Christianity, women are only allowed to be religious leaders in certain denominations; in Wicca, women are accepted in all traditions. Homosexuality is not accepted in most Christian denominations; homosexuality is usually accepted and celebrated in Wicca.

Squid: "I believe God punishes us for our sins."

But, you also mention that you believe that God loves everyone, including people like Adolf Hitler, and that God is merciful. How can God be both merciful and judgmental/vengeful at the same time?

Squid: "It makes me wonder what name he would know us by."

Do you believe that God is "male"? As for God knowing our names, personally, I think God does (although God knows our 'true names,' not the names we're given on Earth; God knows our 'soul names').

Squid: Isca - What is the difference between a soul and a spirit?

I asked you that question because, to me, there is no difference. They're the same thing.

Squid: "I think that a lot of the Bible is written literally."

How do you know that the Bible is 'the truth.' How do you know that the Bible is 'the word of God.' Because it says so? Because billions of other people believe it to be true? Because God 'wrote through' the prophets? If I wrote a religious text, for example, why would it not be equally as valid as the Bible?

Lyllyth: "Happiness means nothing without something to contrast it too."

I agree with you. How would we know pleasure without pain? Joy without sadness? We wouldn't really appreciate happiness if we had never experienced sorrow before. Do you think that's the reason why we're on Earth, then? To experience the 'negative' emotions so that we may appreciate the 'positive' ones in Heaven?

Squid: "I mean, why would you want to suffer alone?"

Frankly, I don't want to be surrounded my billions of souls for all eternity in Heaven. I would much rather be alone, be silent, for all eternity. Living with billions of other souls isn't my idea of Heaven (thus, that kind of Heaven would be my Hell). Why do we all have to live in the same Heaven? Why can't we create our own perfect afterlife?

Squid: "Prophets empowered by Satan."

How can you tell the difference between 'prophets empowered by Satan' and 'prophets empowered by God'?

12/16/2009 #14
Isca

Lyllyth: "I really like the idea of soul names, I'd never really thought about that before."

Do you think that our 'soul names' would be spoken by God in a language? Or, would it be something like: your 'soul name' is the sound of waves crashing against the shore, or your 'soul name' is the sound of music, etc? I mean, I can't explain it, but I just don't think that we would have a 'soul name' that sounds like the names we have on Earth. I mean, our 'soul names' may very well coincide with a certain colour or a certain star.

Lyllyth: "This made me think of the quote from Paradise lost."

I'm really glad that you pointed that out. I think I would have to agree with Satan's quote.

12/17/2009 #15
Isca

Lyllyth: I agree. Oh, I can't remember if it was you or your sister, but one of you mentioned reading "The Lost Symbol." I'm about half-way through the book right now and it's pretty fascinating. :)

12/18/2009 #16
Isca

Lyllyth: Will do, milady. I'm on Chapter 80-something. It's so thrilling! I can't wait to discuss some of the scientific and mystical beliefs with you and DE. :)

12/20/2009 #17
Forum Moderators: May Elizabeth Psycho Paradox, skyward squidly squee, lipleaf, Isca
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member