The Enlightened Mind Cafe
Are you intrested in discussions and maybe even debates with other enlightened minds? Warning: People who think, learn, and grow come here. Everyone welcome from all faiths, spiritualities, and even non-faith.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Isca

Lucius: Let's try this again, shall we?

Capely: My apologies. It seems Isky and I blew up the previous RPG thread with our green-beam firework display.

Isky: -sighs- -types out everything again- -blames squid-

1. Choose a HP character (or a few) to roleplay as.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Harry_Potter_characters

2. Write up a short biography for your character (including things such as skills, talents, place of residence, significant other, quotes, etc).

3. Choose which kind of wand you'd have.

4. State whether you're a HOH, a Prefect, a Student, or Other. Where do you live in the summer months? Which common room and dormitory are you a member of?

5. State which places/shops in London, Diagon Alley, and Hogsmeade you frequent.

-Diagon Alley: The Leaky Cauldron, Gringotts, Ollivanders, Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, Flourish and Blotts, Apothecary, Cauldron Shop, Eeylops Owl Emporium, Fortesque's Ice Cream Parlor, Quality Quidditch Supplies, Gambol and Japes Joke Shop, The Magical Menagerie, Wiscacre's Wizarding Equipment, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Knockturn Alley, Magical Households, etc.

-Hogsmeade: Honeydukes, The Three Broomsticks, Hogs Head Inn, Zonkos Joke Shop, The Shrieking Shack, Madam Pudifoot's, Post Office, Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop, Hogsmeade Station, etc.

-Other: St. Mungo's, Ministry of Magic, Azkaban, etc.

6. Tell us what your childhood was like.

7. Which subject[s] in school are/were your favourite?

8. What kind of pet do/would you have?

9. Which spells are your favourite?

10. I'm sure I've forgotten something, so write whatever you want to at the end. This damn RPG thread better work the second time around. -flails-

EDIT BY SQUID: Okay. For good measure, here is what the original thread's first post said:

It's quite simple: choose a character from the HP realm and role-play as them in this thread. 

1. Make sure you're affiliated with one of the four houses: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, or Slytherin. State whether you're a HOH, a Prefect, or a student. State which common room you hang out in: Gryffindor: Common Room, Boy's Dormitory, Girl's Dormitory. Ravenclaw: Common Room, Boy's Dormitory, Girl's Dormitory. Hufflepuff: Common Room, Boy's Dormitory, Girl's Dormitory. Slytherin: Common Room, Boy's Dormitory, Girl's Dormitory. Example: (Isky) Slytherin, Head of House, All areas of the dungeons.

2. Post a little introductory bio about the character(s) you'll be role-playing as. Example: Character: Severus Snape (Isky) Skills/Titles: Potion's Master, Head of Slytherin House, Master of Occlumency and Legilimency, Reformed Death Eater, Spell-Creator, etc. Quote: "The mind is not a book to be opened at will and examined leisure." Other: [write anything else about your character here that you feel must be said].

3. Choose a wand. Link: http://www.unfading.net/wselen.html Example: (Isky) Elder/Yew/Blackthorn with a Dragon Heartstring core.

4. Choose a place of residence outside of Hogwarts. Example: (Isky) Spinner's End.

5. Choose a place in London that you visit frequently and state the nature of your business: -The Ministry of Magic -The Leaky Cauldron -St. Mungo's Hospital -Kings Cross Station -Number 12 Grimmauld Place Example: (Isky) Number 12 Grimmauld Place - Order of the Phoenix Meetings

6. Choose a place in Diagon Alley that you visit frequently and state the nature of your business: -Borgin and Burkes -Weasleys' Wizarding Wheazes -Slug and Jiggers Apothecary -Quality Quidditch Supplies -Ollivander's -Magical Menagerie -Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions -Gringrotts Wizarding Bank -Flourish and Blotts Bookstore -Florean Fortesque's Ice Cream Parlor -Eeylops Owl Emporium -The Daily Prophet -Cauldron Shop Example: (Isky) Slug and Jiggers Apothecary - Business: Potion's Ingredients

7. Choose a place in Hogsmeade that you visit frequently and state the nature of your business: -The Hog's Head -Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop -Madam Puddifoot's -Gladrags Wizardwear -The Shrieking Shack -Zonko's Joke Shop -The Three Broomsticks -Honeydukes Sweetshop Example: (Isky) The Hog's Head - Business: Drinking Alone

8. Choose a pet: an owl, a toad, or a cat. Example: (Isky) A snake.

9. Choose a classroom/area of the castle that you spend a lot of time in: -Potion's Classroom -Kitchens -Chamber of Secrets -Entrance Hall -Great Hall -Broom Closet -Staff Room -Muggle Studies Classroom -DADA Classroom -History of Magic Classroom -Charms Classroom -Headmaster's Office -Hospital Wing -Library -Ancient Runes Classroom -Arithmancy Classroom -Divination Classroom -Prefect's Bathroom -Room of Requirement -Astronomy Tower Example: (Isky) Potion's Classroom, Great Hall, Staff Room, Headmaster's Office, etc.

10. Choose a place on Hogwarts' grounds that you spend alot of time in/at: -Greenhouses -Hagrid's Hut -Forbidden Forest -The Lake -Whomping Willow -Quidditch Pitch -Locker Rooms Example: (Isky) The Forbidden Forest

6/14/2010 . Edited by skyward squidly squee, 6/14/2010 #1
Isca

Isky: "Capely, you mo-fuggah, get your pale little arse over here and answer these questions about yourself!"

-In the kitchen- -Capely drops his wooden spoon mid-scolding and goes berzerk when the red cabbage overflows-

Isky: "Oh my-- *gags* --what is that GOD AWFUL stench? Have you been stomping on bubotubers again?"

Capely: -Storms into the living room, ripping off his red apron, booming towards Isky- "Why you little cretin-- *notices Isky spalyed seductively across the couch* -- Damn. *notices Isky's pretty green dress* -- Double damn. "MUST you be so supermegafoxyawesomehot?"

Isky: XD

-Capely waves a graceful hand and the pot of cabbage disappears, the air now ripe with roses-

Capely: -Glares over Isky's shoulder at the computer screen- -Snorts- [mockingly] "What was your childhood like?" Hah. My father was a swine. He was a drunken muggleborn bastard who abused my weakling-witch mother, Eileen. They're both dead. Good bloody riddance.

Isky: "What are your skills and talents, love?"

Capely: -Whispers into Isky's ear- "You mean besides in the bedroom?" -Smirks-

Capely: "Fine. I'm a Potions Master, Dark Arts Master, Master Potioneer, Spell Creator, Master of Occlumency and Legilimency, Master Duelist, etc. Are you seeing a pattern yet?"

Isky: "You're a Master...of everything...XD."

Capely: "Indeed. -Waggles Eyebrows- Including the Carnal Arts. But that's for you to know and for them to fantasize about."

Isky: -Snatches his wand out of his pocket- "What kind of wand is this?"

Capely: "Well, you see, it's--"

Isky: "Sod it. I'll just show them a picture of it." Link: http://dcl16.nl/dvd/ambiance/hp/snape2.jpg

Capely: "Before you ask me anymore idiotic questions, I'm Head of Slytherin House, live here, at Spinner's End, in the summer months, and frequent the Apothecary nearly every weekend. Though, you have been dragging me to that clothing store. What's the name of it again?"

Isky: "Madam Malkin's."

Capely: "Mmm, yes. They *do* have very fine robes there. And *looks at Isky's dress, trailing a finger down the bodice* some beautiful women's clothing."

Isky: "Don't forget the buttons, you berk."

Capely: -Trails a finger down the front of his robe- "Ah, yes. The but-tons."

Capely: -Reading over Isky's shoulder- -Mumbling under his breath: which subjects were your favourite in school?- -Snorts- "If they haven't figured that out yet, they're dumber than Longbottom in Double Potions, and that's saying something."

Isky: "Hey, Capely?"

Capely: "Yes, darling?"

Isky: "Why don't we have a pet?"

Capely: "Because I'd use them in a potion."

Isky: -Elbows him in the ribs-

Capely: "Ow! Fine. We'll purchase an owl. No, scratch that. A raven. Yes..."

Isky: "I'm naming it Baron. You have no say in the matter."

Capely: "And if we have children?"

Isky: "You'll still have no say in the matter."

Capely: "You mean in the naming part or the conceiving part?" -Grins-

Isky: "The naming, you berk. You'll remember the conception, no doubt. I'm damn good in bed."

Capely: "My favourite spell is 'Sectumsempra,' by the way."

Isky: "Hmm. I always like listening to you say 'Vulnera Sanantur,' though."

Capely: -Raises Eyebrow- "Oh? And why is that?"

Isky: "Because --blushes-- your voice is like dark silk."

Capely: -Leans in close- "Mmm? Vulnera Sanantur. Vulnera Sanantur. Vulnera--"

-Mass green-beam explosion-

6/14/2010 #2
Isca

I just read through that Isky/Capely scene again and realized how AWESOME it is. :D

7/28/2010 #3
Forum Moderators: May Elizabeth Psycho Paradox, skyward squidly squee, lipleaf, Isca
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member