Civil War RPG
Play as a Union or Confederate soldier, doctor, nurse or civilian in the war over states rights and preserving the Union. All are welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »
Uldaren Bardaniel

Confederate

Longstreet's blood ran cold at Lo's words. "Don't think on it now, Lo, " he said quietly. "You'll be alright." A medic ran forward and knelt beside them.

Pickett helped the young man sit up. "You've got to keep moving, son," he urged.

6/30/2009 #271
Star the Foxhound

"Pete..." Armistead stared at him, the pain overwhelming, "If... if I don't make it..." He wanted him to remember the package he'd given to him, wanted to make sure it would find it's way to Hancock and his wife.

-----

"Thanks sir," Curtis said, looking at Pickett and trying to wipe the blood away from the side of his head. "It's... been a tough fight. General Armisteads down sir, and General Garnett, and General Kemper. I saw it all sir..."

6/30/2009 #272
Uldaren Bardaniel

Longstreet nodded, knowing what Lo was asking. "Hang in there," he urged.

Pickett's face morphed from shock to horror. "Dear Lord, no..." His entire division? "No..."

6/30/2009 #273
Star the Foxhound

Armistead continued staring at him. "Just remember..." he said before he closed his eyes and lost consiousness, his chest rising and falling ever so slightly and the wound still bleeding.

-----

"I'm sorry sir," Curtis said, gesturing over to where Longstreet was with Armistead. "General Armistead's still alive sir, he's over there... I don't know about the others."

6/30/2009 #274
Uldaren Bardaniel

Longstreet nodded again. "Take him out of here," he ordered the medics. Armistead was lifted onto a litter and carried away.

Pickett followed Curtis' gesture to see Armistead being carried off. His heart sank further. "We need to get you to a hospital, son..." He stated to Curtis, helping him stand.

6/30/2009 . Edited 6/30/2009 #275
Star the Foxhound

"Thanks sir..." Curtis leaned against Pickett for support, swaying on his feet and dizzy from the headwound. He took a step and then crumpled to the ground, also losing conciousness.

6/30/2009 #276
Uldaren Bardaniel

Pickett didn't know what to do anymore. But he couldn't just leave Curtis to die. Reaching down, he put the young man's arm around his shoulder and stumbled forward, dragging them both back to safety.

6/30/2009 #277
Star the Foxhound

July 5, 1863 Morning

John Firth walked along the edge of the field where so many had died just a few days ago. Many of the bodies had been removed but it didn't erase the signs of death. He thought that no matter how much it rained, no matter how much it washed away the blood that he would always be able to see it. He didn't even have to close his eyes to see the gray troops coming out of the trees or the way the cannons had knocked the men off their feet, killing them, sending their blood flying into the air. He'd seen it all and he would never forget it, for as long as he lived.

It didn't matter to John that he was soaking wet from the rain, his brown hair plastered to his scalp and forehead as he stared out across the field, not even walking anymore. What matter to him, was remembering all the men who'd died their, both blue and gray.

7/31/2009 #278
Uldaren Bardaniel

John Morgansen stood by a small tree, one hand on its trunk, feeling the rough bark under his fingers. He sighed, and shook his head, gazing into the gray wetness across the field.

7/31/2009 #279
Star the Foxhound

He didn't even notice him, stood almost completely still, gazing out over the field, lost in thought.

7/31/2009 #280
Uldaren Bardaniel

John turned his head slightly, noticing another man nearby. He nodded slightly. "Hello."

7/31/2009 #281
Star the Foxhound

Almost jumping when another person spoke, John turned and stared at him, blinking a few times at the other man. He hadn't even known that he was there. "Hi."

7/31/2009 #282
Uldaren Bardaniel

John smiled slightly, gesturing into the rain. "Nice day, isn't it?" he asked.

7/31/2009 #283
Star the Foxhound

"Yes, nice day." John nodded dully, pushing his wet bangs from his eyes and looking back out across the field.

7/31/2009 #284
Uldaren Bardaniel

John sighed quietly, lowering his eyes. "It was a hard fight, wasn't it?"

7/31/2009 #285
Star the Foxhound

"Yes, it was," John replied nodded. "I was just thinking, about how they came from those trees, right over there, marched straight towards us."

He gestured with one hand across the field.

7/31/2009 #286
Uldaren Bardaniel

John looked over at him. "Where were you placed?" he asked quietly.

7/31/2009 #287
Star the Foxhound

"Along the wall," he said softly, "I had the prefect the view of the whole thing."

He shook his head sadly.

7/31/2009 #288
Uldaren Bardaniel

"We were in reserve," John murmured. "Back a little ways." He pointed to the general area the 20th had been placed.

7/31/2009 #289
Star the Foxhound

John nodded to show that he heard, stared out across the field some more.

7/31/2009 #290
Uldaren Bardaniel

John could still see bodies lying everywhere on the ground, many with their limbs twisted in bizarre positions, their faces contorted in agony. He looked down again.

7/31/2009 #291
Star the Foxhound

"What regiment are you with?" John asked, turning to look at him again.

7/31/2009 #292
Uldaren Bardaniel

"Twentieth Maine," he answered. "My name's John Morgansen."

7/31/2009 #293
Star the Foxhound

His eyes widened in surprise. "My name's John Firth," he stated.

7/31/2009 #294
Uldaren Bardaniel

John's mouth fell open slightly, and he laughed, unable to help himself.

7/31/2009 #295
Star the Foxhound

John laughed as well. "Well hello John," he said.

7/31/2009 #296
Uldaren Bardaniel

John nodded. "Hello, John," he replied, chuckling again.

7/31/2009 #297
Star the Foxhound

John held out one hand, becoming slightly more cheerful. "It's nice to meet you."

7/31/2009 #298
Uldaren Bardaniel

John took the offered hand. "Same here."

7/31/2009 #299
Star the Foxhound

"I'm from the 34th Ohio Regiment," John said, "A sergeant."

7/31/2009 . Edited 8/24/2009 #300
« Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound Uldaren Bardaniel, NurfHurdur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member