Civil War RPG
Play as a Union or Confederate soldier, doctor, nurse or civilian in the war over states rights and preserving the Union. All are welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 .. Last Next »
Star the Foxhound

"No." Curtis shook his head. "I'm not leaving you here."

He didn't really think, quickly scooped her up into his arms and glanced desperately around. There had to be some way... but he'd left Gunnie back in the rear. But just then, as though the creature could read his mind, a terrified horse whose rider had been shot off ran by and Curtis set Reginald on her feet to grab the reins and pull the animal to a halt. He then picked her up and sat her on the horse before mounting behind her and turning the animal towards the rear.

-----

There felt like there was mud in his mouth, but that wouldn't have surprised Ave. He wondered if he was even recognizable anymore, covered with mud and his own blood. But he kept his eyes closed, knowing he wouldn't really be able to see well for it to make a difference. His only hope was that someone would realized that he was still alive and help him.

2/8/2010 #361
Uldaren Bardaniel

A soldier, whose arm hung bloody at his side, ran by Ave before stopping. He served under the man and recognized him. "Colonel, come on," he beckoned. Kneeling to help the man up with his good arm, flinching as a shell landed only a few yards away.

2/8/2010 #362
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Curtis!" She gave a livid snarl, partially of the pain of being lifted, and turned on him with eyes like razors. "You can't do this!" Fury was etched into her words, but she made no attempt to dismount, the blood leaking down her arm soaking his side. Every step the horse took was agony, moving the sharp shards of shrapnel and bone that had sliced into her arm.

2/8/2010 #363
Star the Foxhound

"Yes, I can." Curtis said, "I'm getting you to the rear!"

He continued to ride towards the rear, trying not to go too fast because he didn't want to cause her anymore pain.

-----

Ave opened his eyes and stared up at the soldier for a moment, squinting and then recognizing him as he allowed the other man to help him up, swaying on his feet as he stood and leaned against the man's good arm.

2/8/2010 . Edited 2/8/2010 #364
writingbythepower

Michael looked up now, saw looked over where Joe was. Only.... he wasn't. No one was there. He stood, fell back down to the ground. When he regained his composure, he walked over to where the rest of the regiment was. He looked down, hazed. He saw the bloody mud water..... the broken rifles..... the limbs. He backed away, unsure what to do. He sat down, in the middle of the battlefield, and cried.

2/8/2010 #365
Uldaren Bardaniel

The man half walked, half dragged them back to the rear, where the surgeons had already set up shop.

The battle went on and on, for hours. Then, the cannons of the second fort shifted in a new direction, answered with the booming of a gunboat's weapons. Wood's fleet had finally come to their aid!

Pickett lowered the field glasses as he saw the boats. "Thank God!" He felt like cheering. The battle was turning their way.

2/8/2010 #366
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Stop!" She snapped, making a vague, but weak swat at his face with her good arm. "You have to lead them! What the hell are you doing?! Go back there!" She took a sudden, deep breath through her teeth again, a stab of pain moving into her wound.

2/8/2010 #367
Star the Foxhound

Colonel Avery Mulligan was helped to a cot and carefully laid down, covered in mud and blood that was also matted in his red hair, nearly hidding it's color. His glasses were still in his pocket, and his eyes closed as soon as he was laid down, and gash on his left side still bleeding.

-----

Curtis shook his head. "I'll go back to leading the men once I know that you are safe. If I didn't help you, I'd only be worrying about you the entire time."

2/8/2010 #368
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Don't!" As they reached the back of the lines, she stopped, her height compared to the horse's, along with the fractured arm, making dismounting nearly impossible.

2/8/2010 #369
writingbythepower

Sarah was running from man to man, trying to get help to as many as possible. She helped some of the doctors, looked over at all of the men. The mud had gotten into some of the wounds, disgusting her. She was pulled away again, moved over to cover a wound of a man. She looked at him, couldn't see his face. Good, I don't want to know what he looks like. If he doesn't make it.... I don't want to remember his face.

---

Michael had crawled away, had been wounded in his leg and hadn't noticed. He got back to the rear, looked up and stared at the battlefield in front of him. The tears slowly fell down his face again, and he couldn't look away.

2/8/2010 #370
Star the Foxhound

Ave opened his eyes then, noticed that there was someone with him. Turning his head slightly, he squinted at her face, his heart stopping when he saw who it was. I must look like a mess to her, I must look like a mess to everyone.

-----

Curtis dismounted, then reached up and took her from the horse, leaving the animal as he moved towards where the wounded were being brought, and carefully setting her down.

2/8/2010 #371
SnowClaw of Windclan

Reginald, shuddering with shock and pain, stared on with a blank expression as one of the doctors approached. Cullen turned to Curtis. "Go, I'll take care of him from here."

2/8/2010 #372
Uldaren Bardaniel

With the second fort distracted, the battle turned in the Confederates' favor. After more long hours, of firing and advances forward across the field, the Yankees began retreating. Leaving everything but the clothes on their backs as they abandoned the forts.

2/8/2010 #373
writingbythepower

Sarah didn't look at his face, just pressed down on the wound. She took some water, spread it across his face lightly so he could see. Then Sarah saw it. The hair, the glasses.... she knew. Sarah backed away, just stared and shook her head. No, no, no....

2/8/2010 #374
Star the Foxhound

He could see the look on her face, although her form was blurry to him.

"Sarah..." His voice was soft, weak.

------

Curtis stared at Cullen, the man's sentence ringing a bell in his mind. If the doctor treated Reginald would he discover her secret? He looked at her for a moment, but there was nothing that he could do. Reginald needed medical attention, she needed the doctor to look at her. But he made no move to go back to the battle.

2/8/2010 #375
writingbythepower

The thoughts became words now, flew out of her mouth. "No, no, no..... Not you. Not you." She had fallen over, leaning weakly now on a post holding up a tent. She looked up again, stared at his face for a moment. The pain, the suffering.... she couldn't take it. She began to cry softly, went over to him now.Sarah compressed the wound again, held Ave in her other arm.

2/8/2010 #376
Star the Foxhound

"It's alright," he whispered, staring at her for a moment before reaching a hand towards his pocket, to the glasses that were just sticking out. They were still covered in mud, but he held them. He'd ask for water to clean them later.

The pain was almost unbearable, but he didn't complain. Just continued to stare into her face.

2/8/2010 #377
Uldaren Bardaniel

"Tell General Hoke to move his brigades into town and cut off the railroad, with all possible speed!" Pickett ordered. The messenger hastily saluted and galloped off.

2/8/2010 . Edited 2/8/2010 #378
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Go! Or for the love of God, at least step back!" Cullen stared at the mess before him, his face creasing with concentration as he looked at the wound. He slowly moved the bone back into her arm, her shrieks nearly hurting his ears. After the arm was straightened he made a bandage sling and moved onto the next patient. "Stay there."

2/8/2010 #379
writingbythepower

Sarah smiled softly, held him tightly. "You're going to be alright. You're not going to die on me. You won't, I promise." She hugged him, compressed on the wound yet again. It was still bleeding, needed to be sewed up. She called over a doctor, told him the situation. As he began to stitch the wound, she stood by Ave and smiled and cried.

2/8/2010 #380
Star the Foxhound

Curtis didn't move, remained standing beside Reginald, his eyes fixed on her the entire time. He wasn't going to leave, nothing in the world could make him.

-----

Nodding, Ave watched her, forced a smile for a moment, although it quickly faded from his lips. "No, I won't die on you because I'm going to hold onto life for as long as I can."

2/8/2010 #381
writingbythepower

Sarah shook her head softly at him. "No, you won't die because I won't let you. You just sit there and rest. It'll all be alright." She smiled again, watched the doctor as he worked. Sarah wasn't sure what was going to happen, but she wasn't going to leave Ave, not for a moment.

2/8/2010 #382
SnowClaw of Windclan

Reginald took a shaking breath, her face pinched with pain. I'm going to die. I'm going to die. And suddenly: NO. She abruptly looked up, shutting her eyes tightly for a moment. "Curtis." She moved towards him, pressing against his side to brace herself not only with support but with the familiar, with warmth.

2/8/2010 #383
Star the Foxhound

"Of course it will." He didn't know what was going to happen either, just knew that he was going to fight for life. And it was hard to think about a different outcome, although death was a common occurrence during the war.

After a moment, he held out the mud covered glasses. "Sarah, can you clean these for me?"

-----

Curtis wrapped an arm around her, careful to aviod her injuried arm. "It's going to be alright Reginald," he said softly, "I'm here and I'm not going anywhere."

2/8/2010 #384
writingbythepower

She smiled, almost laughed. "Of course, Ave." She took the glasses, poured a slight amount of water on them. She put the glasses gently back into his hands, held his hands tightly in her own. Sarah hugged him close, looked down at the doctor. The doctor looked at her, gave Sarah a slight nod. He's going to live. I knew he was going to live.

2/8/2010 #385
Star the Foxhound

Putting the glasses back on, Ave looked at her, smiling faintly. He wasn't sure what the right thing to say was, but he liked having her so close. It was comforting to him and he gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

2/8/2010 #386
writingbythepower

Seeing him smile, knowing that he was going to live, Sarah felt so much better. She was still shocked, wasn't sure what to say. Instead, she kissed him lightly on the forehead, smiling at him. "You're going to be fine."

2/8/2010 #387
Star the Foxhound

He put a hand on her check, staring into her eyes. And then he couldn't help it, the timing seemed to be so right, even though he wasn't sure what would happen next. Ave carefully pushed himself up slightly and then gently touched his lips to her, almost afraid that she was going to get upset with him.

2/8/2010 #388
Uldaren Bardaniel

"General Armistead!" Gen. Hoke called, upon receiving Pickett's message. "Bring your brigade and come with me! Quick, now!"

2/8/2010 . Edited 2/8/2010 #389
writingbythepower

Sarah kissed him back, held it tightly. She wasn't sure if he had felt the same as she did, but she knew now. She hadn't felt this way in a long time, since Nathan.... but she didn't think about that now. All Sarah could do was kiss and hold Ave in her arms.

2/8/2010 #390
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound Uldaren Bardaniel, NurfHurdur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member