Civil War RPG
Play as a Union or Confederate soldier, doctor, nurse or civilian in the war over states rights and preserving the Union. All are welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Star the Foxhound

Where all Union Characters will enter

4/29/2009 #1
Star the Foxhound

Colonel Joshua Chamberlain of the 20th Maine walked along the edge of the encampment, his hands behind his back. After a few minutes he turned around and headed back through the camp, along the tents of his regiment, nodding greetings to his men as he passed. He had just taken command of the regiment a few weeks earlier and was still getting used to the position.

----

General John Buford rode his horse into the camp and pulled in the reins on the outskirts, scanning the crowd for someone with authority. He had just gotten back from a scouting mission and had to report the position of the Confederate Army. Turning the horse around, he walked it around the tents, his calverymen spreading out, knowing that they were free to go for the moment until they got any new orders.

4/30/2009 #2
NurfHurdur

Thomas Chamberlain, younger brother of the Colonel, noticed his elder sibling moving through the tents. He grabbed the hot cup sitting next to him and moved to catch up with the officer.

"Mornin' Lawrence, you want some coffee?"

----

General Hancock stood just outside his tent, studying the map on the table before him. He glanced up at the sound of a horse approaching and spotted Buford.

"Ah John, go ahead take a seat. You look like you could use a rest."

4/30/2009 #3
Star the Foxhound

"Sure," Chamberlain replied, giving his brother a small smile. "I'd love some coffee. But don't call me Lawrence."

----

Buford pulled in the reins of his house and swung down from the sadle, passing the reins off to an aid. "Thanks sir," he said, "I have a report."

4/30/2009 #4
NurfHurdur

Tom handed the steaming cup to the Colonel, ignoring the look he'd recieved for using first names.

---

Hancock set his maps aside, standing straight he crossed his arms. "What's going on out there?"

4/30/2009 #5
Star the Foxhound

"Thanks." Chamberlain took a sip of the coffee and looked back at his brother. "How are you Lt?"

----

Buford moved over to table so the he could see the map. "Word has it that the rebels took great losses during the battle. Right now they have just started retreat, along here." He ran his hand over the map, showing the route of the confederate forces. "And I also heard that Jackson was seriously injuried."

4/30/2009 #6
NurfHurdur

He looked back at this older brother. "Oh I'm fine, but a few o' the boys are complainin' about missing out on the last scrap. They want to be out in the fighting."

---

Hancock looked out across the tents, "Jackson's a good man, hell of a strategist. With him possibly unable to command this next campaign of old Bobby Lee's we may have a chance yet.

4/30/2009 #7
Star the Foxhound

"I know," Chamberlain said, "They are soldiers, all of them, want to be were the action is."

He took another sip of his coffee and started walking again, prefering to keep moving.

-----

Buford nodded. "It'll be a hell of a shame if he doesn't make it though. We are fighting against our own brothers."

He sighed and looked back at the map. "Do you have any more orders for me?"

4/30/2009 . Edited 4/30/2009 #8
NurfHurdur

Tom crossed his hands behind his back, "I didn't expect it to last this long."

-----

Hancock sighed heavily, "Yes General we are, I've heard nothing of old Lo for so long," His voice became quiet, "Wonder how he is."

He looked up sharply, "My orders are to continue as you have been General, keep an eye out for those grey coats. I have a feeling Lee's looking to do something soon."

4/30/2009 . Edited 4/30/2009 #9
Star the Foxhound

Chamberlain nodded. "None of us expected it to last this long, and it isn't over yet either."

He continued walked along the tents, his hands behind his back as well.

-----

Buford nodded. "We'll keep scouting the area."

He looked up from the map and met Hancock's eyes. "I know that General Armistead is under Pickett, he wouldn't have been in the last battle."

4/30/2009 #10
NurfHurdur

He removed his Kepi and rubbed his forehead, it was already very humid. "Who's idea is it to make wool uniforms."

-----

Hancock heaved a sigh, unaware that he had been holding his breath. "Well, that's good to hear. Thank you John, let your men rest you can head back out whenever you see fit."

4/30/2009 #11
Star the Foxhound

A smile crossed Chamberlain's face. "Beats me," he remarked, "But you'll be thanking that very man when it's raining and you aren't freezing because of it."

----

"I will." Buford lifted one hand in a salute. "God go with you General."

4/30/2009 #12
NurfHurdur

Tom smirked, "Oh I'll thank him alright."

----

Hancock straightened and saluted. "And with you General."

4/30/2009 #13
Uldaren Bardaniel

"I've had experience in that, lad," Sergeant Buster Kilrain spoke up as he walked towards the two brothers. He saluted as he neared. "Colonel," he greeted Chamberlain, nodding at Tom as well.

4/30/2009 #14
Star the Foxhound

"Buster." Chamberlain greeted his friend with a smile and a salute. "It's good to see you."

----

Buford nodded once again to Hancock, then took back the rein's of his horse and climbed up into the saddle.

4/30/2009 #15
Uldaren Bardaniel

Buster's whiskery face broke into a grin. "And how be ye feelin' this mornin', Colonel, darlin'?"

4/30/2009 #16
Star the Foxhound

"Dandy," Chamberlain said, "And how are you doing this morning Buster?"

4/30/2009 . Edited 4/30/2009 #17
Uldaren Bardaniel

"Oh, just fine," Kilrain answered. "I just spoke to some other boys in the regiment. Shame we missed out on such a lovely battle, though, weren't it?"

4/30/2009 #18
Star the Foxhound

Chamberlain nodded. "Yes, it was a shame I suppose. I heard that old stonewall was shot during it."

4/30/2009 #19
NurfHurdur

Tom nodded, "I'm glad someone feels the same. Some of 'em seem a little restless." He paused, "Wonder what will happen if they lose Jackson."

4/30/2009 . Edited 4/30/2009 #20
Uldaren Bardaniel

Kilrain grunted slightly, in what might have been a laugh. "We gave the Rebs hell, I'll say that much."

4/30/2009 #21
Star the Foxhound

"There were high casulties on both sides," Chamberlain said, taking another sip of his coffee. "I wonder what will happen if they lose Jackson as well. He's one of their best commanders."

4/30/2009 #22
Uldaren Bardaniel

"Make it easier for us to win, I suppose, then," Kilrain responded.

4/30/2009 #23
Star the Foxhound

Chamberlain nodded. "That's one good think that comes out of it, if you can call a man's suffering as good."

He started walking again, assuming that Tom and Buster would fall into step beside him.

4/30/2009 #24
NurfHurdur

Tom crossed his arms, following his brother. "There's always somethin' up their sleeve though."

4/30/2009 . Edited 4/30/2009 #25
Star the Foxhound

"We have to beat them though," he said, "Imagine what will happen if we can't."

4/30/2009 #26
Uldaren Bardaniel

Kilrain said nothing, but thought back on the other battles he had fought in. That had only been a few years ago, but already it felt like a few centuries, the grizzled Irishman reflected.

4/30/2009 . Edited 4/30/2009 #27
NurfHurdur

Tom looked across, noticing the man's mood shift quickly. "You alright Buster?"

4/30/2009 #28
Star the Foxhound

Chamberlain turned to look at Buster as well, but he kept quiet.

4/30/2009 #29
Uldaren Bardaniel

"Oh, I'll be fine," Kilrain replied, looking over at the younger man. "Don't worry."

4/30/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound Uldaren Bardaniel, NurfHurdur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member