Civil War RPG
Play as a Union or Confederate soldier, doctor, nurse or civilian in the war over states rights and preserving the Union. All are welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Star the Foxhound

"I know, Reynolds too. We all came up together during the Mexican War, grew really close." Armistead sighed.

5/3/2009 #61
NurfHurdur

"See?" He nudged the other good heartedly, "We all made it through that mess, we'll make it."

5/3/2009 #62
Star the Foxhound

Armistead smiled. "That was different, we weren't fighting against each other."

5/3/2009 #63
NurfHurdur

"True." Garnett sighed. "We can hope though. Sometimes it's all you can do."

5/3/2009 #64
Star the Foxhound

"I am hoping," he said, "Hoping that we won't find ourselves fighting on the same battlefield. We've been lucky so far that it hasn't happened."

5/3/2009 #65
NurfHurdur

Garnett nodded, "I hope it stays that way. I hear he was at Chancellorsville and that he was just given command of their second corps."

5/3/2009 #66
Star the Foxhound

"Promoted huh?" Armistead sighed. "That just increases the odds of us running into each other in battle. While I want to see him again, I don't want to see him like that..."

5/3/2009 #67
NurfHurdur

Garnett was quiet, silenced by Armistead's last statement. He had no sympathetic words to offer, only stared into the the darkness in front of them. He wished he had more to say.

5/3/2009 #68
Star the Foxhound

"D***." Armistead turned to look at his friend. "What would you do??"

5/3/2009 #69
NurfHurdur

He shook his head, "In your shoes?" He turned towards the General, "I'm not sure Lo, I don't envy you, that's certain."

He sighed, "He has to feel the same, but when it's all said and done and we're all on the field does it matter?"

5/3/2009 #70
Star the Foxhound

"Our friendship has to count for something," he remarked, "But you're right, it won't make a difference in the middle of a battle...."

5/3/2009 #71
NurfHurdur

"Of course it counts." He thought for a moment, "What about finding a civilian from the nearest town, send a letter across the lines."

5/3/2009 #72
Star the Foxhound

Armistead was thoughtful for a few seconds. "Maybe I should do that, it'll be good to hear from him..."

5/3/2009 #73
NurfHurdur

Garnett nodded again, "Wouldn't be hard either, especially if you find a child. They would be allowed across the lines."

5/3/2009 #74
Star the Foxhound

"I think I'll do that." Armistead stood up and smiled at Garnett. "Excuse me D***, I think I'll go write that letter now."

5/3/2009 #75
NurfHurdur

He smiled back, "Good luck to you Lo."

5/3/2009 #76
Star the Foxhound

Armistead nodded and went to his tent, taking out a piece of paper and beginning to write the letter.

Dear Win,

It has been a while since we've talked, three years. I never thought the war would go on this long. I still remember the last time we saw each other, over in California and at times I wish that we could go back to the time when our friendship was so easy. It seems like it was more then three years ago, more like a lifetime. But I can still picture your face and hear your voice like you are right here in front of you. It makes me wish that I could see you again.

How are you Win? I heard about your promotion and I congratulate you. I'm sure that it was well earned, you have always been a wonderful soldier. Please get back to me. You can always bride someone in a nearby town to carry the message.

Sincerely,

Lo Armistead

After he finished writing the letter, Armistead walked from his tent and handed it to a messager along with a white flag. "Give this to General Hancock, Second Corps." The messager nodded and rode off.

5/3/2009 . Edited 5/3/2009 #77
Draseria

((Erm...can someone delete the above post?....my sis kinda forgot to log out...))

Gregory halted at the sound of Adam's voice.

"Oh, yes. Feather had a great day today! Hopefully tomorrow she'll be a little less wild," he chuckled.

5/3/2009 #78
NurfHurdur

Adam smiled, "Never was a horse person myself. They don't seem to like me much."

5/3/2009 #79
Draseria

"Well, when you grow up around them, they kinda know that, I guess. Feather's just...independent, is all. Anyway, why d'ya think horses don't like you?"

5/3/2009 #80
NurfHurdur

Adam laughed nervously, scratching his neck with a hand. "Never seemed to stay on one long, though I was never really brought up around them either. Just my Pa's plow horses."

5/3/2009 #81
Star the Foxhound

((From Union Camp))

The messanger galloped into sight and right away Armistead was on his feet and walking towards him. "Did you deliver it?"

"Yes sir," he said, saluting. "I got you a reply too."

He handed Armistead the piece of paper and Armistead took it eagerly, unrolling it and smoothing it out before he began to read.

5/3/2009 #82
NurfHurdur

Garnett watched the exchange with a smile, but remained where he was. He knew Lo would want privacy.

5/3/2009 #83
Star the Foxhound

Armistead begin to read the letter and chuckled as soon as he got to the second sentence. Hancock's words amused him and it felt as if his friend was standing right now next to him. As he read it he could hear his voice beside him as though he wasn't reading the letter but was listening to Hancock recite it. When he finished reading it he smiled. "A great weight has been lifted from my chest as well Win," he said to himself, "You have no idea how much it means to me that you have replied back."

He glanced up at the messanger. "You have my complainments, from myself as well as from General Hancock. Thank you for your services and if I need to send another message I'll be sure to contact you."

"Yes sir." The messanger saluted and rode away, leaving Armistead standing there, grinning.

5/3/2009 #84
NurfHurdur

Garnett couldn't help but smile himself, seeing the expression of his friends face. "Good news?"

5/3/2009 #85
Star the Foxhound

"Very good news D***, very good news." Armistead folded the letter carefully and put it in his pocket. "He was very delighted to hear from me, just as I am delighted to hear back from him."

5/3/2009 #86
Draseria

Gregory chuckled softly.

"Well, if you ever wanted to see if a horse would ever let you ride 'em, I'm sure Feather would give you a try. I think I'm one of the few people she doesn't like."

5/4/2009 #87
NurfHurdur

Garnett leaned forward, still smiling. "He's well then?"

5/5/2009 #88
Star the Foxhound

"Very well." Armistead nodded. "He misses me as much as I miss him."

5/5/2009 #89
NurfHurdur

"What did I tell you," Garnett grinned. "He must have been thinkin' of you too."

5/5/2009 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound Uldaren Bardaniel, NurfHurdur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member