Civil War RPG
Play as a Union or Confederate soldier, doctor, nurse or civilian in the war over states rights and preserving the Union. All are welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Star the Foxhound

"We were both thinking about the other," Armistead said, "How it's been three long years since we've last set eyes on each other..."

5/5/2009 #91
NurfHurdur

"I'm sure you'll see each other again," He patted the other's shoulder. "I'm glad you recieved word Lo."

5/5/2009 #92
Star the Foxhound

Armistead smiled. "I'm glad I heard something too. It makes me feel better knowing for sure that he's alright and thinking about me too."

5/5/2009 . Edited 5/5/2009 #93
NurfHurdur

"I don't envy you Lo that's certain, sure I know some o' the boys over there but nothin' like your friendship." He shook his head, wondering how hard it must be.

5/5/2009 #94
Star the Foxhound

"It's really hard." He sighed. "I keep thinking about him and wishing that we'd choosen the same side, the some spark of fate wasn't keeping us apart. But I think our friendship will pull through in the end. This letter is proof of that."

Armistead patted his pocket.

5/5/2009 #95
NurfHurdur

"If it's last the past three years I'm sure it will hold till this is over." He smiled reassuringly.

5/5/2009 #96
Star the Foxhound

"I'm sure too." Armistead smiled. "A good friendship can withstand anything."

5/5/2009 #97
NurfHurdur

Garnett stood stiffly, stretching his arms out as far as he could. "I'm happy for you Lo, though I need to see that my men turn in."

5/5/2009 #98
Star the Foxhound

Armistead nodded. "I'll see you around D***. Have a good evening."

5/5/2009 #99
NurfHurdur

He smiled, tipped his hat. "You too Lo."

5/5/2009 #100
Star the Foxhound

"Yup." Armistead nodded and turned to go into his tent.

5/5/2009 #101
NurfHurdur

Garnett woke early the next morning, dressing quickly he made his way out into camp. First man he saw brought a broad smile to his face, "George! How are you this morning."

5/6/2009 #102
Uldaren Bardaniel

Pickett turned at Garnett's voice, a smile stretching across his own face as well. "Oh, I'm very well, thank you."

5/6/2009 #103
NurfHurdur

He motioned over his shoulder to the tents behind him, still smiling. "Hear about Lo?"

5/6/2009 #104
Uldaren Bardaniel

Pickett cocked his head. "I do trust General Armistead is well?" he inquired.

5/6/2009 #105
NurfHurdur

If it was possible Garnett's smile widened even more. "He's very well George, recieved a letter from ol' Winfield Hancock just last night."

5/6/2009 #106
Uldaren Bardaniel

"Hancock?" Pickett's eyebrows jumped. "Well, isn't that something! Been quite a while since they last saw each other, as I recollect."

5/6/2009 #107
NurfHurdur

He nodded, "Indeed it has. Should have seen him, haven't seen him that happy in a long time."

5/6/2009 #108
Uldaren Bardaniel

"That's good," Pickett nodded. "It's about time he had his spirits lifted a bit. How are you feeling this morning, D***?"

5/6/2009 #109
NurfHurdur

"Oh I'm fine." He shifted weight one foot to the other, "You?"

5/6/2009 #110
Uldaren Bardaniel

"You've already asked me that," Pickett reminded him gently, with a raised eyebrow. "Any news of Jackson so far?"

5/6/2009 #111
NurfHurdur

He grinned, "Bit tired I suppose, sorry George."

He then became quiet, "No, no news of Jackson."

5/6/2009 #112
Uldaren Bardaniel

Pickett nodded in acceptance, then spoke slowly. "I've heard it was friendly fire. Our own troops."

5/6/2009 #113
NurfHurdur

He sighed heavily, "They tried keeping it from the boys, not sure how that's working."

5/6/2009 #114
Uldaren Bardaniel

"Those men will have to live with that for the rest of their lives," Pickett said. "Bad enough it was a fratricide incident in the first place, but to hit Stonewall..." He trailed off, then straightened. "Well, no news is good news, I suppose. At least he's still alive."

5/6/2009 . Edited 5/8/2009 #115
NurfHurdur

"I can't imagine what will happen if we lose him." He had been sore over their disagreements, but he could hold nothing against the man now.

5/6/2009 #116
Uldaren Bardaniel

"Hold out hope, D***," Pickett stated. "He is not dead yet. And hopefully will remain so," he finished calmly, but could not hide the spark of worry that lay in his own eyes.

5/6/2009 #117
NurfHurdur

"We should remain cheerful, you know what he would say." He adjusted the sword at his side as he continued, "We've been very successful as of late."

"He wouldn't want us worrying."

5/6/2009 #118
Uldaren Bardaniel

"That is true," Pickett acknowledged with a nod. "That is very true."

5/6/2009 #119
NurfHurdur

He was silent a moment, not sure how to continue. "Hear any news of when we're moving again?"

5/6/2009 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound Uldaren Bardaniel, NurfHurdur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member