Civil War RPG
Play as a Union or Confederate soldier, doctor, nurse or civilian in the war over states rights and preserving the Union. All are welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 .. Last Next »
Uldaren Bardaniel

Longstreet opened the door, smiling. "Come on in, Lo," he invited. "Merry Christmas."

---

Jake returned the embrace happily. "Merry Christmas," he said.

12/31/2009 #961
SnowClaw of Windclan

Kip stayed there for a moment, comforted and fully happy resting there. Even as a child, he had been very fond of being petted and hugged, and it had carried onto his later life.

12/31/2009 #962
Star the Foxhound

While Oliver's smile had faded when Stuart spoke to her about how he was going to hurt the girl, whether he meant to or not, he smiled brightly when he opened the next present and when he saw that his commander liked it. "I'll see her later," he said after a moment, handing Stuart another package. This one contained a new pair of boots.

------

Armistead stepped inside the cabin with Longstreet and smiled faintly at him. "Merry Christmas Pete." He sat down the small pile of packages he'd brought with him, picking up one of the four packages that looked exactly the same and handed it to him. "This is for you."

-----

Curtis returned the embrace, loving being with her, alone with her were they didn't have to worry about what they said, or making sure the other soldiers didn't find out she was female. Alone in his tent they could enjoy each other company as much as they wanted to and Curtis kissed her again.

1/1/2010 #963
Uldaren Bardaniel

Longstreet blinked, accepting the package. "Thank you, Lo," he said, undoing the twine around it and removing the wrapping. As he saw what it was, he broke out into laughter. "Modern scientific theories, huh?" he asked, indicating the cover of the book.

---

Jake smiled, looked at Kip. "The regiment's got a regular Christmas feast being delivered soon. Maybe we can get some ham and cider."

1/1/2010 . Edited 1/1/2010 #964
SnowClaw of Windclan

"You..." Reginald looked up at him, setting her hand on his cheek. "..are everything to me..."

Kip nodded gently. After a moment he broke from the embrace. "...I'm sorry, Jake. For everything."

1/1/2010 #965
Uldaren Bardaniel

Jake grinned slightly. "It's okay," he answered.

1/1/2010 #966
Star the Foxhound

Armistead grinned as well and started laughing with Longstreet. "Yes," he said in agreement, "Modern scientific theories of Charles Darwin."

He then gestured towards the packages that were the exact same thing. "Do you think George will appreciate it?"

1/1/2010 #967
SnowClaw of Windclan

Kip nodded. He felt pretty bad about his previous reaction. "Well, I'm certainly hungry...," he stated softly.

1/1/2010 #968
Uldaren Bardaniel

Longstreet raised an eyebrow in genuine amusement and began laughing some more. "I don't doubt he'll be surprised, that for sure."

---

Jake nodded. They'd all had to get used to eating lean during winter. This was a more than welcome change, for all of them.

1/1/2010 . Edited 1/1/2010 #969
Star the Foxhound

Curtis smiled, everything that he'd ever wanted was in his arms at that moment, and he couldn't have wished for anything more. "You're everything to me as well. I can't live without you."

-----------

Somehow Armistead was able to stop laughing and he looked up at Longstreet again. "I have something else for you," he said after a moment, picking up a smaller package and handing it to his friend. He knew that it was something Longstreet would appreciate, a new pipe which he had wrapped with a handful of the cigars he knew his friend enjoyed.

1/1/2010 #970
SnowClaw of Windclan

"It hurts, almost." He looked down, brushing some snow to the side with his foot.

1/1/2010 #971
SnowClaw of Windclan

Reginald nodded. She wasn't one for cuddling as much but, realizing that Curtis apparently enjoyed it more than she did, she had settled almost like a god in his arms.

1/1/2010 #972
Uldaren Bardaniel

Jake's own stomach growled audibly. He grimaced and nodded. "Well, we might as well see if we can sooth our bellies, then." He motioned to the campfires nearby, where the smell of food was coming from.

---

Longstreet, accepting the package and opening it, smiled again as he saw the contents. "Thank you again, Lo." He held up the meerschaum pipe, looking at the fine carving work on it.

1/1/2010 . Edited 1/1/2010 #973
SnowClaw of Windclan

Kip nodded, starting towards the fires. He hesitated, worried about what they would say. Most of the camp knew about him by now and rumors spread like wildfire. A lanky, dark-haired officer whom had been sitting with his elbows on his knees looked up at them for a moment, then nodded in greeting to Kip before he turned. T.J, although he didn't mind Kip, was not fond of Kip, either. Kip was, to him, not worth thinking about.

Kip cast a nervous glance towards Jake, hesitating again.

1/1/2010 #974
Star the Foxhound

"You're welcome." Armistead smiled, he knew that Longstreet would like it and watched his friend hold it up for a moment. He moved towards the gifts he had brought with him again and knelt to pick them up. "I'm going to see about finding George. Would you like to come with me?"

------

Curtis didn't move, enjoying every moment for another few minutes. "I love you," he said, his voice soft.

1/1/2010 #975
writingbythepower

"See that you do, boy, see that you do."

Stuart hoped that the young man would listen, hoped that Stuart's lecture hadn't gone in one ear and out the other. He opened the present that was set before him.

"A new pair of boots. Well, these are quite nice. Thank you."

1/1/2010 #976
SnowClaw of Windclan

Reginald nodded. After a few minutes she got up, holding the dress to her form for a moment. "From what I understand the Fontaines are having a wedding in a few days...They do seem to enjoy social gatherings from what I've seen of them, although admittedly I don't like that Sophrona girl. She's gross."

1/1/2010 #977
Uldaren Bardaniel

Jake sat down, motioning for Kip to join him. Burl looked up, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

---

Longstreet smiled wryly at the mention of George. He'd been constantly requesting furlough in order to be with Sallie, so often it had become a slight annoyance. "Don't see why not," he replied. Seeing George's reaction to Lo's gift would be interesting, at least.

---

Nolan knocked at Samantha's door, then stood back on her doorstep to wait. He was slightly nervous, but laughed at himself inwardly. It was Christmas, after all.

1/1/2010 . Edited 1/1/2010 #978
SnowClaw of Windclan

Kip smiled gratefully and settled down next to him, unsure of what to do or whether to talk at all. He didn't even honestly know what side he was on now, because he wasn't fighting for either, but....Had found himself a nest here...

1/1/2010 #979
writingbythepower

Samantha looked at the door when it knocked. No one else noticed, they were all preoccupied with other things. She went over and opened the door, finding Nolan on the other side.

"Nolan, what a pleasant surprise!"

She realized that the statement could have been taken as sarcastic, but she hoped he would take it that way. She was pleased to see him, very much.

1/1/2010 #980
Star the Foxhound

Oliver smiled and handing Stuart yet another package. In this one he had wrapped together a few quills, to go with the stationary he'd handing him earlier.

-------

"They do seem to like gatherings," Curtis agreed. "Are you suggesting that we go to it, so that we may dance together once again and you may wear the dress?"

------

Armistead smiled faintly, knowing what Longstreet was thinking as he stood up, holding the gifts for his other friends. "I think I know where to find him," he stated, meaning of course with Sally, "We can go there."

He stepped from the cabin ahead of Longstreet and started through the camp, heading towards the house where he was sure he'd find his friend.

1/1/2010 #981
SnowClaw of Windclan

Reginald pursed her lips and nodded. "I would really like that, Curtis."

1/1/2010 #982
writingbythepower

Stuart sighed and looked at this present.

"Well, Colonel, have you been saving up for this Christmas since the beginning of the war? I don't believe my parents ever gave me more gifts."

He chuckled and opened the gift.

"Quills. Yes, I was running out of some good quills. Of course, I'm sure you noticed that. You seem to notice everything I don't around here."

He was about to add, 'Save for a few things', but he didn't. He would leave the subject of the girl alone for a while and let Oliver enjoy the present giving.

1/1/2010 #983
Uldaren Bardaniel

"Merry Christmas, boys," Burl stated, grinning at them. "Got you a few somethin's here." Jake looked up, just in time for Burl to plop a large, floppy slouch hat onto his head. He made a startled noise at first, but lifted the brim and grinned back at Burl. "Thanks!"

"Keep the snow off better than just a bare head," the older man stated wryly. Turning to Kip, he handed him a pair of gloves. "Keep your hands warm." He smiled.

---

Nolan smiled. "Merry Christmas, Samantha," he said. "I thought I'd pay a visit."

---

Longstreet nodded, following Lo from the camp.

---

George and Sallie had finished breakfast and were sitting together on the settee by the gently crackling fire, reading the Christmas story.

1/1/2010 . Edited 1/1/2010 #984
SnowClaw of Windclan

Kip looked down, smiling as he put them on. "Thanks, Burl..." He hadn't expected much of anything.

1/1/2010 #985
Star the Foxhound

Curtis grinned, a happy light reflecting in his gray eyes. "Then we will do that my dear," he said, standing up and holding out a hand for her to take. "We shall have the best night of our lives."

-------

The smile didn't leave Oliver's face. He did pay very close attention to what went on in Stuart's tent, because that was the one thing in the world that he really did care about. And he had been saving up for Christmas for a while, although he didn't comment on that, just passed another package in Stuart's direction, this one containing a new feather for his commanders hat.

------

Armistead reached the house where he knew Pickett as and shifted the gifts in his arm so that he could knock. Not all of them were for Pickett of course, he had something for Jimmy Kemper and his son Keith as well. He'd just brought all of them with him, to save trips back and forth from his cabin.

1/1/2010 . Edited 1/1/2010 #986
writingbythepower

"Oh, well isn't that sweet."

She smiled at him, then looked back into the house and frowned at her family. She hadn't told them about Nolan, couldn't care less what they think or know. She didn't want them to meet him, didn't want them to know anything about her personal life. She looked back at Nolan and smiled again.

"Here, let me grab a scarf and we can take a walk together."

She went over to the coat hanger and grabbed one of her scarfs, swinging it around her neck rather, but not entirely, gracefully. She walked about over to the door and looked back at Nolan, then walked outside and closed the door.

"Shall we?"

-----------------------

Stuart took this present and looked at it. Once again he tore the paper and once again smiled at the present. A feather, for his favorite hat, so sleak and beautiful.

"Thank you, Colonel, this is very nice. I shall put it on my hat as soon as possible."

1/1/2010 . Edited 1/1/2010 #987
SnowClaw of Windclan

She took his hand and smiled gently, wrapping the dress back in the parchment and putting it in her haversack. "We will."

1/1/2010 #988
Uldaren Bardaniel

Burl smiled. "You're welcome, boy."

Jake placed food on his tin plate, marveling at the amount. He hadn't seen this much in months. "I wonder if they were saving it all up, just for Christmas."

---

Pickett stood and made his way to the door, smiling when he saw Lo and Longstreet. "Season's greetings, Generals!" he exclaimed. "Please come inside." Longstreet smiled. "Merry Christmas, George."

Sallie stood and made her way to stand next to her husband's shoulder. "Merry Christmas, Generals," she greeted.

---

Nolan nodded, holding his arm for her to take.

1/1/2010 #989
writingbythepower

She looked at the arm and smiled, wrapping her own around his.

"Now, where shall we go? I'm not one for specific locations, myself, but if you want to walk somewhere we can."

She was rambling, making her rather nervous. It was possblily the first time that she had been out and about with a boy, and it made her nervous. She realized that she was blushing, tried to hide it.

1/1/2010 #990
« Prev Page 1 .. 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound Uldaren Bardaniel, NurfHurdur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member