Civil War RPG
Play as a Union or Confederate soldier, doctor, nurse or civilian in the war over states rights and preserving the Union. All are welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 54 .. Last Next »
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Oh. so you feel bad about yelling at a woman, is it now?" She smiled, put a hand on her hip.

"You have any family back home?", Sorrel asked quietly, folding his arms.

9/5/2009 #1,291
Star the Foxhound

Curtis smiled slightly. "You could say that."

---------

"Yes, although I haven't written to them in awhile," Ave replied.

9/5/2009 #1,292
SnowClaw of Windclan

"And so now you're makig me feel bad about yelling at you.", she said, grinning.

"Oh, did something happen?"

9/5/2009 #1,293
Star the Foxhound

"I'm not trying to make you feel bad." Curtis shrugged.

-----

Ave shook his head. "No, I just haven't written."

9/5/2009 #1,294
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Clearly." She smiled, shrugged. "At least I think it'll stop raining sometime today....It's been letting up."

He nodded, looking away. "I write to my father sometimes. But besides that, I don't do a lot of writing..."

9/5/2009 #1,295
Star the Foxhound

Curtis looked up at the sky. "Yes, hopefully it will."

------

"I haven't written to anyone," Ave said with a shrug.

9/5/2009 #1,296
SnowClaw of Windclan

She reached over and scratched Jack's neck. "I think he thinks he's a normal sized horse.", she said with a chuckle, "Sure acts like it."

He nodded. Fremantle spoke up again. "Well, there's always time to start."

9/5/2009 #1,297
Star the Foxhound

"Yes, I'm sure he does." Curtis chuckled and mounted Gunnie.

----

Ave just shrugged and went to get more coffee.

9/5/2009 #1,298
SnowClaw of Windclan

Reginald climbed onto JAck and stroked the gelding's mane. "He's a good boy."

Maybe he's just a little bashful. It had seemed that many of the people Arthur had met that day weren't exactly very social.

9/6/2009 #1,299
Star the Foxhound

Curtis nodded. "So he seems. I think that Gunnie's a good girl too." He gave his gray horse a pat on the neck.

------

Ave helped himself to more coffee and stood quietly not that far away from Fremantle to drink it.

9/6/2009 #1,300
SnowClaw of Windclan

"She's a good horse.", Reginald said, nodding.

He took another sip of his own coffee, shrugged, not quite sure what to do or say.

Mary,

...The words wouldn't come. Lee set down the quill for a moment, thinking. He'd decided to write his wife, but...How to put what had happened into words? Was it even possible?

9/6/2009 #1,301
Star the Foxhound

"Yes, she is." Curtis agreed with her, "I've had her since the war started."

--------

"What do you think of our army?" Ave said finally, looking up at Fremantle.

9/6/2009 #1,302
SnowClaw of Windclan

Reginald nodded. "I got Jack a bit after I joined."

Fremantle thought for a moment. "I like it, I really do. Quite an assortment of characters."

9/6/2009 #1,303
Star the Foxhound

"They gave her to me, I never had a horse beforehand." He smiled and patted Gunnie again, "Although I've grown quite attached to her."

-----

Ave nodded and sipped at his coffee again.

9/6/2009 #1,304
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Good creatures.", she nodded.

Fremantle thought for a moment. "Ghastly weather we're having.."

9/6/2009 #1,305
Star the Foxhound

"Very good creatures," Curtis agreed, "Over these last few years I've developed a love of horses. I'd always liked them."

-------

"Yes, certainly is," Ave replied.

9/6/2009 #1,306
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Well, we are in the cavalry, Major..."

Fremantle glanced towards the forest, took another sip of his coffee.

Maury glanced towards Hood, set a hand on his shoulder. "Time to wake up...we need to work on your arm."

9/6/2009 #1,307
Star the Foxhound

Curtis shook his head. "You're Calvery, I'm infantry."

-------

Ave also remained silent.

-----

Hood didn't wake up.

Armistead was staring at the ceiling again, wondering if there was any way for him to get some breakfast or coffee.

9/6/2009 #1,308
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Oh. Well, I feel rather....uninformed." She smiled with amusement.

Maury repeated the gesture. "Sir..Time to wake up." Donnay had since awoken and turned to Hill and Armistead. "Would you fellows like anything to eat? You must be getting hungry by now..."

9/6/2009 #1,309
Star the Foxhound

"It's alright, I never told you," Curtis said, "You would have no way of knowing."

-----

"Yes, I'd like that," Armistead replied, "Some coffee too if it isn't any trouble."

He glanced briefly at Hood who hadn't stirred.

9/6/2009 #1,310
SnowClaw of Windclan

She smiled. "Oh..."

He nodded, glanced towards Hill.

"I'll pass."

"Suit yourself." He shrugged with one shoulder.

Maury set a hand to his forehead, concerned. "Donnay, did he have a fever last night..?"

"Not that I know of, no."

9/6/2009 #1,311
Star the Foxhound

"Yup." Curtis looked out across the field, falling silent.

-----

"Thank you," Armistead replied.

Hood was still sleeping.

9/6/2009 #1,312
SnowClaw of Windclan

"So now what?"

Maury smiled in amusement, turning to Armistead. "Does he normally do this...?"

9/6/2009 #1,313
Uldaren Bardaniel

Ben groaned slightly, raising his head groggily, and running a hand through his dark hair.

9/6/2009 #1,314
Star the Foxhound

"We should get some breakfast," Curtis suggested.

-----

Armistead shrugged. "Not usually. I think it's because he's been having a rough couple of days."

9/6/2009 #1,315
Uldaren Bardaniel

Ben nodded, hearing Armistead's statement. "I think we all have, sir."

9/6/2009 #1,316
SnowClaw of Windclan

he nodded. "Yeah, that seems like the best option..."

Maury sighed gently, sat down on his cot. "Poor fellow. We try everything that we can, but...Even if it works, he's always going to have limited functioning in that arm..." He put a hand to his forehead for moment, pushing up his glasses. "I just...I thought I'd be able to do so much more, than what I am able to do."

Donnay stopped for a moment when he saw the younger surgeon. Oh, for the love of god, he doesn't deserve this...He set down the tray and turned to Ben. "Are you feeling okay, sir?"

9/6/2009 . Edited 9/6/2009 #1,317
Uldaren Bardaniel

Ben looked at the surgeon. "I'm fine," he said. "Just tired. Can a man get anything to eat here?"

9/6/2009 #1,318
Star the Foxhound

Curtis turned Gunnie and rode her towards the cooks and the food.

-----

Armistead watched them in silence for a moment, looked at Hood's chest rising and falling gently. When he was sleeping he didn't have to worry about his arm. Maybe it was better that way for the moment. He knew that Hood was worried about losing it and was thankful that he didn't share that problem, even if his own wound was very serious.

9/6/2009 #1,319
SnowClaw of Windclan

"You know, Major, I don't half-mind you when you act bearable."

"Here, we have extra.", Donnay muttered, handing him a plate. He sat down next to Maury, put his arm over his shoulder for a moment. "Go get something to eat. Clear up your mind...So much time being upset isn't good for you, and you know that."

Maury nodded gingerly and got up, not bothering to protest. When he had left, Donnay released the sigh he had been holding in since the beginning of the battle. "He's setting himself up. Dammit, he's setting himself up!"

9/6/2009 #1,320
« Prev Page 1 .. 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 54 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound Uldaren Bardaniel, NurfHurdur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member