Civil War RPG
Play as a Union or Confederate soldier, doctor, nurse or civilian in the war over states rights and preserving the Union. All are welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Star the Foxhound

For the wounded/ Union nurses

4/29/2009 #1
SnowClaw of Windclan

Lewis

Hospital

"Damn!" The surgeon threw his scalpel down on the side of the table with a loud clank, running his hands through his hair. Two of the nurses that had been assisting him in the last surgery, a failed bullet removal, exchanged nervous glances, but didn't say anything to the doctor who was leaning against the wall with a frustrated look on his face.

This was the third soldier that Captain Lewis Clowes had lost since the wounded had come in, and it definitely hadn't done any good for his spirit. He sighed, looking about the OR with a tired expression. He hadn't gotten any sleep in the past twenty four hours, because it seemed that whenever he thought that the wounded were done coming in for the day and he could leave, another group of soldiers, m*** and barely more than kids would come. And so the vicious cycle would begin again.

He could barely stand up straight now, he was that tired. Granted, his colleagues probably weren't doing that much better than he was, but that didn't make it any better. He realized that he should be thankful for this short breather, no matter what frustrating means had caused it. All of the other doctors were still working on their patients, because they hadn't killed them.

"Doctor. We could use some help over here." the nurse at one of the tables didn't look up to meet his eyes as she said this, "We're working on a punctured lung, if you could lend a hand it would be most appreciated." And, as if on cue, the vicious cycle starts right where it said it was going to end., Lewis mused as he strode over towards the table.

The soldier was held down to the operating table by two burly men, and his mouth was covered. Tears ran down the young man's cheeks, and his face was twisted in pain as they operated. the doctor swallowed, grabbing the scalpel from the rotating nurse and making an inscision in the lung. There was little that they could do at this point. Still, they had to try.

He made a few sutures on the lung, then closing up the wound. "Get that wrapped.", he told the nurse before walking towards the other end of the OR and into the camp.

5/1/2009 #2
Star the Foxhound

((Wow... that was one of the longest first posts I've ever seen. The name of Lewis is going to through me off, I have a char by that name in my WWI RP who I use all the time. You're welcome to join in though.))

5/1/2009 #3
SnowClaw of Windclan

((Thanks, I normally write at that length on the first post... *joins in the fun*))

5/1/2009 #4
Star the Foxhound

((Come to off. Right now we don't have any other doctors/ nurses... so I'm not sure if anyone's gonna reply right away.))

5/1/2009 #5
SnowClaw of Windclan

((Right now I'm making Lewis ask about the payroll... After all, he can't spend all his time in the OR, no matter how much I love to torute my characters...))

5/1/2009 #6
rayney

((I'm here now! Mwahaha! Wow. That was evil. Well, you have a nurse now. Yay!))

5/1/2009 #7
SnowClaw of Windclan

((Yayness...))

5/1/2009 #8
rayney

Emma handed over the sutures to the surgeon she was assisting. The surgeon fumbled with the thread for a second before beginning the stitches. Emma, noticing how green the surgeon's experience was, took the sutures out of his hands and swiftly finished the job.

"You need to be more careful with these patient's," Emma turned to the shocked surgeon. "We need to keep them alive, not kill them because of a slip of the hand."

5/1/2009 #9
SnowClaw of Windclan

((Maybe Emma could fetch Lewis from his cabin to assist again? That could add interaction/possible tension. Like I said, I love to create problems for my characters. Because I'm EVIL.))

5/1/2009 #10
rayney

( Ooo! I'm 99% evil 1% blonde. Go figure. Emma can go get him.)

"I need a real professional working here," Emma muttered to herself as she attempted to pull some of her hair behind her ears. She walked out of the hospital in search of Lewis.

((off to wherever Lewis's cabin is!))

5/1/2009 #11
SnowClaw of Windclan

"I agree.", Lewis said, moving his hair out of his eyes, "Most of them aren't that good, at least not as good as the original lot was. Most of 'em have moved now, though."

He added a few sutures to his patient before finishing.

"Next in line, please.", he said dryly. So much for getting a bit of time to rest.

5/1/2009 #12
rayney

Emma brought the next patient while continuing the conversation.

"What really is not nice about this ordeal is that I am the one in charge of keeping a few of them in line," Emma shot a glare at one rookie surgeon as he attempted to escape for a small break. "I am blamed for every little thing they screw up."

5/1/2009 #13
SnowClaw of Windclan

Lewis didn't say anything. You think that's bad? At least you're a nurse instead of a doctor...You get to sleep...

This one was a bad gunshot wound; the limb would need to be amputated..

5/1/2009 #14
rayney

"Why am I even talking about this with you," Emma pulled herself back to reality. "I woke you up after you were already on call for over 24 hours."

5/1/2009 #15
SnowClaw of Windclan

"I'll tell you if I ever find out.", he said dryly. At least she had caught the casual hints that Edna had been dropping...Lewis was still frustrated about being awoken;why couldn't he just have a moment of rest?!

5/2/2009 #16
rayney

"Ever find out about what?" Emma asked.

He must be really tired, Emma thought.

5/2/2009 #17
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Whatever reason you woke me up instead of any of the other available doctors.", Lewis said, not looking up at the nurse as he finished the stitching on the stump, "Next in line!"

5/3/2009 #18
SnowClaw of Windclan

No response. Had they finally gotten through the mounds of wounded? Everything was hushed for a moment, apparently they had. In that case, Lewis Clowes had might as well be considered as good as out of here. The surgeon wiped his hands, collected his tools, and headed out the door, followed by some of the other medical personnel.

5/4/2009 #19
SnowClaw of Windclan

(From union camp)

Surgical base-Day one

The surgeon general sighed. "You should be able to get some from the doctors of other regiments. I'll speak to them."

6/29/2009 #20
lilkorea

Annabell silently watched from where she stood, observing the havoc within the base's hospital. It was in poor shape, the atmosphere was heavy, and the air was thick and stale.

6/29/2009 #21
SnowClaw of Windclan

"What is your name, miss?"

6/29/2009 #22
lilkorea

She turned to face the speaker. "Annabell Clearwater." she introduced herself with a polite curtsy. "I just arrived this morning from New York General Hospital to help out here."

6/29/2009 #23
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Annabell. Nice to meet you. I'm Clement Finley, but you may call me Clem if you like." He extended a hand.

6/29/2009 #24
lilkorea

She glanced at his extended hand for a moment before taking it with hers and giving it one firm shake of greeting as she put on a false smile to keep things light. "A pleasure to meet you as well. Are you a doctor here?"

6/29/2009 #25
SnowClaw of Windclan

He chuckled with amusement. "Surgeon general. I'm here on official agenda. Refresh supplies, take account of things, promote the ones who are doing well, assess people.." He hesitated. "..And send a couple of folks onto suspension."

6/29/2009 #26
lilkorea

"Suspension? Do you mean there are people here who have harmed patients?"

6/29/2009 #27
SnowClaw of Windclan

"...No. But there are those that...no longer deserve their ranks." His jaw was set firmly, he fingered the letter in his pocket.

6/29/2009 #28
lilkorea

"May I ask as to why or is that overstepping my boundaries as a nurse?"

6/29/2009 #29
SnowClaw of Windclan

"I shan't give you a name but I will give you a reason." He took a deep breath, "This individual is...unsuited to his rank, mostly because of the way that he has repeatedly treated members of his staff...All of the surgeons of that unit are messed up." He put a hand on his temple again, "Every single other doctor, of every other single medical base can behave, but these fellows..." He groaned.

6/29/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound Uldaren Bardaniel, NurfHurdur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member