Civil War RPG
Play as a Union or Confederate soldier, doctor, nurse or civilian in the war over states rights and preserving the Union. All are welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Star the Foxhound

A small town almost in the middle of no where. The people here side with the Union

((From Road))

Buford and his men came across the small town in the middle of the night. Looking around at the quiet streets, Buford wondered if there would be anywhere where they could stay for the night and put up the horses.

5/23/2009 #1
SnowClaw of Windclan

Joseph looked around, trying to will his horse to stop vocalizing for a moment so that he could enjoy the peace that enveloped the area. Finally, it looked like they might actually get some rest. Amadi glanced around, ears pricked, and pawed the ground, and Joseph reached down to stroke his next, murmuring quiet encouragement to him as the two followed the others.

"Shh, boy. It's alright, see?" The gelding didn't look that convinced of what his rider was telling him, but quieted momentarily, still playing with the bit.

5/23/2009 . Edited 5/23/2009 #2
Star the Foxhound

((Captain, Infantry is staying on the road, I'm keeping them in different places for now!!))

5/23/2009 #3
SnowClaw of Windclan

((Eek, *sweat drop* *goes to edit*))

5/23/2009 #4
NurfHurdur

Devin rode quietly behind the General, tired, sore and utterly annoyed by the events of the day.

5/24/2009 #5
Star the Foxhound

One woman came out and stood in her doorway, looking at the cavarly in surprise and glancing towards where Buford and Devin rode up front. It was still pouring and she thought that they all looked unhappy. "Sirs," she called, "I have this house all to myself. I'd be delighted if you'd come in and get dry."

5/24/2009 #6
SnowClaw of Windclan

Joseph looked up, taking in his surroundings for a moment. For once, Amadi was still, seeming to quiet as things calmed down, and he enjoyed the pause in horse-rider conflict.

He saw a woman walk up to the front of the line and raised an eyebrow, curious of what they were saying.

5/24/2009 #7
NurfHurdur

He looked to his comander, unwilling to take the hospitality if Buford decided to keep moving.

5/24/2009 #8
Star the Foxhound

Buford shrugged and looked at Devin. "We should stop for the night and I'm sure you'd love to stop out of the rain and not have to deal with the tents this time..."

5/24/2009 #9
SnowClaw of Windclan

Joseph moved Amadi forward just the smallest bit, hoping to get a better view of what was going on.

5/24/2009 #10
NurfHurdur

He nodded, "Yes sir I would like that very much."

5/24/2009 #11
Star the Foxhound

"That's what I thought." Buford turned Gray Eagle towards the woman and her house and nodded in greeting. "Evening miss."

"Won't you come in sir," she said, "I've got a barn around back that no one uses. You and you're officer may put your animals in there."

She looked over at Devin and smiled. "That's a nice horse you've got there."

5/24/2009 #12
NurfHurdur

He grinned tightly, trying not to show just how much he disagreed, "Why thank you ma'am." He continued in a friendly sounding voice, "I'd offer a good price for her."

5/24/2009 #13
Star the Foxhound

"What's her name?" The woman stepped out into the rain and held up a hand towards Jenny. "She's a real beauty and a real lady at that. I'm sure you are delighted to have her."

Buford didn't say anything but he was amused, knowing that Devin certainly didn't think so highly of his jumpy mare.

5/24/2009 #14
NurfHurdur

"Jenny ma'am. She's a beauty alright, not sure about bein' a lady."

5/24/2009 #15
Star the Foxhound

The woman laughed but then looked up at the still pouring rain. "Oh, here I am talking and we are all still standing out in the rain," she exclaimed, "My, do get down from your horses and step inside, my stable boy will take your horses from here."

She whistled and a thin little boy came running out and grinned when he noticed the soldiers. "Are you guys straight from battle?" he asked eagerly.

"Now Jimmy, you don't pester these gentlemen none," the woman said.

Buford smiled and dismounted his horse, passing off the reins to the boy who grinned even more. "I'll take good care of your horse sir," he said.

"I'm sure you will." Buford nodded at him. "Gray Eagle's a real gentlemen. He's no trouble at all."

Jimmy then looked up at Devin. "I'll take your horse too sir!"

5/24/2009 #16
SnowClaw of Windclan

Apparently the villagers here were pleased to help, a good thing indeed. Joseph dismounted, keeping a hand on his horse's withers as he did so as not to slip and fall the minute he hit the muddy ground.

He glanced around, sort of uncertain as to what he was supposed to be doing at the moment before deciding to wait and see what the others did.

5/24/2009 #17
NurfHurdur

He chuckled softly, "I can take her son. She can be a handful."

5/24/2009 #18
Star the Foxhound

"I can handle her, I'm sure I can sir," Jimmy told him, "I've grown up around horses. There ain't one that can get around me if you don't mind me saying."

The woman chuckled and looked up at Devin. "Jimmy'll take care of it, why don't you just step inside, both you of?? You must be freezing and you're soaked to the skin, you poor things."

5/24/2009 #19
NurfHurdur

Resigning himself to his fate, Devin dismounted and handed the reins to the boy. He waited to follow the General inside.

5/24/2009 . Edited 5/24/2009 #20
Star the Foxhound

Jimmy took the reins eagerly and lead the two horses away towards the barn. Neither horse caused any trouble.

The woman stood aside, allowing the men to step inside and Buford glanced at her before stepping inside the house, feeling slightly uncomfortable with how friendly this woman was being.

5/24/2009 #21
NurfHurdur

He rolled his eyes at how Jenny acted for the boy, turning back to the woman he smiled amiably as he followed Buford inside.

5/24/2009 #22
Star the Foxhound

"Are you two hungry at all?? I can make some soup and I've got some nice dry beds upstairs that you are welcome to. You guys can just make yourself at home." The woman closed the door behind them and smiled before holding out one hand. "Can I be honored enough to know your names sirs??"

5/24/2009 #23
NurfHurdur

"Thomas Devin, and thank you ma'am. I am unused to treatment like this."

5/24/2009 #24
Star the Foxhound

"Well, I hope you can get used to it for tonight." The woman turned to Buford. "And your name sir?"

Buford looked up, having been looking down at the ground since he'd come into the house. "General Buford ma'am."

The woman smiled. "It is a pleasure to meet you, both of you."

5/24/2009 #25
NurfHurdur

"Likewise ma'am." He said with a smile, he was very pleased that there was a roof over his head.

5/24/2009 #26
Star the Foxhound

"Now come upstairs." The woman continued grinning and she began walking up the stairs. Buford looked after her for a few seconds before figuring that he'd better go as she was expecting him to follow her. He glanced over at Devin, wondering if he was also thinking that the woman was being far too friendly.

5/25/2009 #27
NurfHurdur

He exchanged a glance with his commanding officer, he'd never been offered housing but he had the feeling this woman was going a little over board. He could tell the General thought the same.

5/25/2009 . Edited 5/25/2009 #28
Star the Foxhound

The woman didn't even notice the two officers exchange the glance, she lead them to a room that had two beds in it, one on either side of the room. "You two settle down in here," she said eagerly, "And I'll be right back."

She turned and hurried from the room, leaving Buford standing there, looking at the two beds. The woman seemed to be enjoying herself quite a bit!

5/25/2009 #29
NurfHurdur

"Seems cheerful, you think she entertains much?"

5/25/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound Uldaren Bardaniel, NurfHurdur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member