Civil War RPG
Play as a Union or Confederate soldier, doctor, nurse or civilian in the war over states rights and preserving the Union. All are welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Uldaren Bardaniel

"I'm afraid it's been awhile since I've had coffee," Gretel admitted. She normally drank tea. "But if it's not too much trouble, I'd be glad to share some."

12/20/2009 #121
SnowClaw of Windclan

He gave a brisk nod, plodding through the snow towards the coffepot, which hung over a fire. His sandals were not useful for snow; thus he had wrapped canvas around his feet. After a moment he returned with a tin cup, handed it to her. The Arabian stallion, whom had been wandering about, snorted at the visitor, his ears pricked, alert.

12/20/2009 #122
Star the Foxhound

Jo watched them in silence.

12/20/2009 #123
Uldaren Bardaniel

Gretel looked at the stallion, smiled. "That is a handsome animal," she stated. "What is his name?"

12/20/2009 #124
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Ali." Saida stated. A fluid gesture brought the horse trotting up to him, his tail raised and his ears still pricked. "Thank you."

12/20/2009 #125
Star the Foxhound

((Time Skip))

December 25, 1863

While it isn't snowing, there is snow on the ground from earlier that month coating the ground, patted down in places where many feet have fallen. It is early Christmas morning.

12/30/2009 #126
SnowClaw of Windclan

Saida--a follower of Islam--honestly had nothing to do with Christmas in any way and or fashion. However, he still wanted Jo and Gretel to enjoy it, thus he left his tent, nodded in greeting. "Merry Christmas."

12/30/2009 #127
Star the Foxhound

Jo opened her eyes when she heard his voice and turned her head to look at him, smiling slightly. "Merry Christmas to you too."

12/31/2009 #128
SnowClaw of Windclan

Saida grunted in reply. this was no special day to him, just...another day, and he knew that the same applied for Gretel, she would have celebrated Yule about four days ago. There was almost a sense of guilt that Jo did not get to spend her Christmas with people that celebrated it; almost.

12/31/2009 #129
SnowClaw of Windclan

Charlie headed into the meadow with frustration searing hot in his throat. Why the hell was he even doing this? He certainly didn't love Josephine and he certainly didn't give a whittler's damn about the child. "Josephine."

1/7/2010 #130
Star the Foxhound

At the sound of the voice, Jo's head shot up and she turned quickly, her eyes locking onto Charlie in a second. The surprise of seeing him reflected on her face although also a sense of joy rose within her. He'd come to find her! Maybe something could actually change! "Charlie!" Jo moved towards him.

1/8/2010 #131
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Josephine. Don't touch me." Charlie said, withdrawing a wad of bills. "This is for the child. Twenty-five dollars. I won't be seeing you, or it, again."

1/8/2010 #132
Star the Foxhound

"Charlie..." She froze, unsure of what to do as she stared at the money. "It's your child as much as mine... What will I say if it asks who it's father is one day?"

1/11/2010 #133
SnowClaw of Windclan

"That's your descision," He stated coldly, turning on his heel.

1/12/2010 #134
Star the Foxhound

"I want you to be there!" Jo called after him, "In some way! You can't just walk away and hide from it forever!"

1/12/2010 #135
SnowClaw of Windclan

"I'm not hiding from it. But Jo, you were five years older than me at the time and you threw yourself at me like a badwoman. Think about that," he stated icily, casting a last glare over his shoulder.

1/12/2010 #136
Star the Foxhound

Jo made no move to follow him, although she tried once more to make him understand. "You wanted me too then, until you found out about the child! You're just afraid of what it means for you! You're too afraid to face it!"

1/12/2010 #137
SnowClaw of Windclan

"I wanted you but I never loved you! I've seen prettier women than you, Josephine, much prettier women! But there's a thing as desperation! You should learn it sometime!" His lip curled, "I'm not afraid to face it! I'm over fear now! It's your fault more than mine and you're its mother. You're taking care of it. Goodbye!"

1/12/2010 #138
Star the Foxhound

There were no words to say as the tears started to come again, blearing her vision so that his retreating form swam before her eyes. She sank to knees on the ground and buried her head into both hands, the tears still coming. It was clear that he was never going to love her, even though she still loved him and knew that she always would. But there was nothing there for her and he didn't want anything to do with her. The only joy of their short love would be looking for a part of him in the child, and remembering what it was like to be in his arms. That was all she had left.

1/12/2010 #139
Uldaren Bardaniel

Gretel stepped forward, placing a hand on Jo's shoulder as she watched Charlie's retreating back. She had overheard most of their conversation.

1/12/2010 #140
Star the Foxhound

While she felt the hand on her shoulder, Jo didn't look up. She wasn't sure what to do, except keep moving on and try to get over the fact that she wasn't likely to ever see Charlie again. But she wanted to hope and love him, no matter how much it broke her heart. That was the problem, she couldn't stop loving him, no matter what he did or said to her.

1/12/2010 #141
Uldaren Bardaniel

"Twenty-five dollars." Gretel mused. "That's almost two whole months' pay. Even if he doesn't care for you, he at least gave that much."

1/12/2010 . Edited 1/12/2010 #142
Star the Foxhound

"The money isn't important to me," Jo said, looking up at her then with a tear-streaked face. "I want him to care, and he doesn't. Money can't make me happy like his love would be able to. Does he want the child to grow up without a father?"

1/12/2010 #143
SnowClaw of Windclan

Saida approached them both from behind, watching with a keen expression. "He did not have to return," the tribesman remarked after a moment, "The fact that he did accounts for something." He the lord has his own plans for all of us. It will work in the end.

1/12/2010 #144
Uldaren Bardaniel

"Saida's right," Gretel said softly. "Even if he doesn't plan to stay, he's helped you in the way he can. That will count for something."

1/20/2010 . Edited 1/20/2010 #145
Star the Foxhound

"I wish that he would stay though." Jo's voice was soft.

1/21/2010 #146
Uldaren Bardaniel

Gretel nodded. "But we all have our duties. His is to the army. And yours is to your child. Duty and loyalty are not the same, though they often collide and tangle."

1/21/2010 #147
Star the Foxhound

Jo sighed softly and looked down at her stomach, putting a hand over where the baby was. "I still love him, that will never change."

1/21/2010 #148
Uldaren Bardaniel

Gretel nodded gently. "I know," she answered.

1/21/2010 #149
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Love and stability are two different things." Saida remarked, speaking up after a moment. The Arab watched them both. "The latter, being the more important in a relationship. That will never be between you, and neither will love. My father didn't love my mother but we were a stable tribe unit. Without stability, what do you think would have happened?" His dark eyes seemed to deepen. "You may love him all you like but knowing this, your child will only suffer if you act that way around it."

1/21/2010 #150
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound Uldaren Bardaniel, NurfHurdur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member