Civil War RPG
Play as a Union or Confederate soldier, doctor, nurse or civilian in the war over states rights and preserving the Union. All are welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Star the Foxhound

A small, white house on the outskirts of Richmond. It has two bedrooms, so Rose has to share one with her adopted daughter Sunny. But they keep it neat and are happy to have what they have.

12/20/2009 #1
Star the Foxhound

Rose opened the door, holding Sunny in her arms as she stepped inside and off to one side, holding it open as she looked at Michael. "Come on in."

12/20/2009 #2
writingbythepower

"Well thank you," he said, grabbing hold of the door to allow Rose and Sunny in before he stepped in himself. He closed the door behind himself, took off his rugged hat. He shivered slightly, the cold of the outside shaking off as heat hit his body.

"This is a very nice house. Very nice, indeed," Michael said, nodding.

12/20/2009 #3
Star the Foxhound

"Thank you." Rose set Sunny down and took his hat from him, hanging it on a hook. "Would you like to come into the kitchen and have some tea or coffee to warm you up?"

12/20/2009 #4
writingbythepower

"Oh, yes, thank you," he said with a smile. The idea of tea or coffee sounded delightful, even if it was most likely the rationed stuff that now replaced the original version. He followed into the kitchen, rubbing his gloved hands together to get warmer.

"Can I expect to see either of your cousins," he asked, more as a general then a personal question.

12/20/2009 #5
Star the Foxhound

"Sally should be around here somewhere," Rose replied as she place a kettle over the stove to boil water. "Jake's with the army though, so I doubt you'll see him at all here, unless he comes for a visit. He works as an aide for General Pickett."

12/20/2009 #6
writingbythepower

"Very good," he said nodding. He had yet to see Pickett, knew of the man only by reputation. The man's name was used much by soldiers, especially relating to Gettysburg.

"So," Michael said, "What is Sally like?"

12/20/2009 #7
Star the Foxhound

Rose was silent for a moment as the water heated. "She's quiet at times, yet also determined. Sometimes it's hard to explain what she's like, but she's nice."

She glanced towards the heating water and then brought out a plate of biscuits that she'd made earlier that day, setting it down on the table before him. "Would you like one?"

12/20/2009 #8
writingbythepower

"Why, thank you," Michael said, reaching for a biscuit. "You're being all kinds of nice to me."

He smiled, taking a bite out of his biscuit.

12/20/2009 #9
Star the Foxhound

"Your welcome." Rose smiled at him and poured the hot water into two mugs, placing a tea bag in each and handing one to him. "There you go."

As she sat down at the table as well, another woman appeared in the doorway of the kitchen, looking over the two before her. "I thought I heard an unfamilar voice," Sally said.

12/20/2009 #10
writingbythepower

Michael looked over to where a woman, he could only assume Sally, entered. He stood, walked over to her and reached out his hand.

"Michael Judge, miss. And it is a pleasure to meet you."

12/20/2009 #11
Star the Foxhound

Sally took his hand. "Hello Mr. Judge. I'm Sally Dillon."

12/20/2009 #12
writingbythepower

Michael smiled.

"Yes, I know. Rose has told me about you."

12/20/2009 #13
Star the Foxhound

"She has?" Sally raised an eyebrow and looked over towards Rose who shrugged and stood up.

"Only a few things Sally," she said, "I wasn't telling secrets or anything."

Sally smiled faintly. "Of course not, I'd never expect you to do that." She glanced back at Michael then. "Nice to meet you."

12/20/2009 #14
writingbythepower

"Very nice to meet you as well," Michael said. He looked at the woman, could see the family resemblance. She had the same brown hair, the same figure. However, she had something else, something not physical. It was a... feeling around her. Not the same feeling that Rose had around her, the kindness almost in the air around her. No, it was something else, something Michael could put his finger on.

"As I told Rose, this is a very lovely home you have."

12/20/2009 #15
Star the Foxhound

"Thank you." Sally glanced him over for a moment, then looked over towards Rose. "Well, maybe I should let you two be. I don't want to interrupt."

Sally didn't want to say it, but she didn't really want to talk to him. Her views had to be kept hidden, even from Rose and her brother. How would she ever begin to explain if any of them realized she didn't support the Confederate Cause?

12/20/2009 #16
writingbythepower

As she left the room, Michael once again sat down and took a drink of his tea. The hot water burned his tongue a little, but he ignored it.

"She seems nice," Michael said, trying to sound polite. "She's older then you, correct?"

12/20/2009 #17
Star the Foxhound

Rose nodded, also sitting back down in her chair. "Yes, she's four years older then I am."

She glanced in the direction that Sally had gone in, just in time to see Sunny come into the room and walk over to her. Picking up the child, Rose handed Sunny a biscuit and wrapped one arm around her daughter as she took a sip of her tea.

12/20/2009 #18
writingbythepower

Michael smiled at Sunny as she entered.

"Well hello there, Sunny. So nice of you to join us."

He smiled and then turned looked up to Rose.

"How long have you three lived here?"

12/20/2009 #19
Star the Foxhound

"Since my mother died," Rose said, "And Sally and I realized it would make more sense for us to live together and help each other."

"Hi," Sunny said to him, smiling and eating her biscuit.

12/20/2009 #20
writingbythepower

Michael nodded at Rose, then smiled at Sunny.

"Yes, it's good that you two did that. It's hard for everyone to get by, and you two need each other. We all need someone at some point."

It wasn't until after the words came out of his mouth that he realized what he said. He did have feelings for Rose, but didn't truly know how she felt about him. He couldn't put himself out like that, not with his emotions as they were.

12/20/2009 #21
Star the Foxhound

Rose nodded, smiling at him. "Yes, we all need someone, otherwise, how would we survive times such as this? Nothing's ever easy."

Before she could think about what she was doing, she put down her tea and reached over slightly, resting the hand on top of one of his.

12/20/2009 #22
writingbythepower

He almost flinched and moved his hand when she touched him, but he didn't move. He wasn't used to such things, and yet it was nice, sweet. He did move his hand, but not away. Instead, he moved his hand so that they were now holding hands.

"No, nothing is easy. But people make it easier, good people make it easier. They make it bearable, they make life worth living."

12/20/2009 #23
Star the Foxhound

She smiled faintly, her eyes locked on his face. "Because we all know that in order to get by we need to help one another, and form bonds that will live inside of us forever."

12/20/2009 #24
writingbythepower

He looked deep into her eyes, could see the love and kindness coming out. He could see her soul, could see everything about this girl. He, to find no better term, was lost in her eyes.

"We need people, because in the end, they make us who we are. They complete our lives and define us. Without people, good people, life is hopeless and meaningless. People like you."

He regretted saying it, regretted it so much. His face turned red in embarrassment.

Why did you say it? Why, why, why!

12/20/2009 . Edited 12/20/2009 #25
Star the Foxhound

The surprise showed on her face, as her eyes remained locked into his eyes. For a moment she didn't say anything, although a warm feeling came up inside of her and a feeling she'd been holding back, the feeling of love. "Thank you..." Her voice was soft when she was able to find the words to speak. "You are very kind."

12/20/2009 #26
writingbythepower

"I'm... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

He was uncomfortable himself, but he could care less about his own emotions at the moment.

12/20/2009 #27
Star the Foxhound

"You aren't making me feel uncomfortable," Rose replied, smiling lightly. "There's nothing to be sorry for."

12/20/2009 #28
writingbythepower

He wasn't sure what to do next, his mind going blank. He just sat there, and then unconsciously leaned in slightly. He wasn't sure if he was planning to kiss her, talk to her, or just lean in. It all was a blur to him in reality.

12/20/2009 #29
Star the Foxhound

Rose noticed the motion and glanced down at Sunny in her arms. "Go play with Sally," She said softly. The child jumped from her lap and left the room as Rose looked back into his eyes. She didn't say anything either, kept her hand on his own and leaned forward a bit as well. Just then, she felt that she would love to fall into his arms, although she wasn't sure how great the feelings were there, and if he'd be mad at her for making too much of move.

12/20/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound Uldaren Bardaniel, NurfHurdur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member