Civil War RPG
Play as a Union or Confederate soldier, doctor, nurse or civilian in the war over states rights and preserving the Union. All are welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Star the Foxhound

The home of the Fontaine family including Sophrona, Charlotte, and Lucinda.

12/21/2009 #1
SnowClaw of Windclan

On December the Third, Sophrona Almira Fontaine was the first woman awake in the house (not including the slaves, whom had been up for a good hour before her, having awoken at five), and, after dressing herself and having Mouse prepare her, she headed downstairs barefooted, the maple floors frosted again for the second morning, cold to her feet.

Today was her seventeenth birthday, and she looked forward to it, for as a girl that had grown up on a plantation, she was accustomed to many fine gifts. She headed into the music room and settled on the plush couch against one of the walls, thinking.

12/21/2009 #2
Star the Foxhound

As Dave Evans approached the house, he couldn't calm the fluttering feeling in his chest. He was nervous about what her reaction would be, even though he knew that she'd told him she loved him. Dave held the small package tightly in his hand as he reached the door and lifted his free hand to the it, knocking.

12/21/2009 #3
SnowClaw of Windclan

Sophrona abruptly looked up, starting at the noise and exhaling slightly, her breath visible. She calmed quickly, realizing that it was probably Dave. As she thought about this, a blush rose in her cheeks and she looked at the ground, a little embarrassed about her actions the previous day; she was lucky that Mouse hadn't seen the kiss. It was so improper for an unmarried woman to do such things...

She opened the door after wrapping her shawl around her shoulders and smiled at him. "Hell, Dave," she greeted, "I'm surprised I'm not the only one up this early." She met eyes with him for a moment, as if reiterating the events of the previous day as she spoke.

12/21/2009 #4
Star the Foxhound

"Hello Sophrona," Dave greeted, smiling slightly, "Happy Birthday."

He wasn't sure what to say after that, clutching the package still in one hand.

12/21/2009 . Edited 12/21/2009 #5
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Oh, thank you." She smiled vaguely, her expression similar to his in manner. "Why don't you stay with us for a little while, Dave? We're going to be celebrating in about an hour, but everyone's still asleep right now." The air was, although cold, very comfortable, describable as 'cool'. Sophrona straightened out her dress slightly; it was green and white tinted green as a base color, with the green being patterns of mint leaves on the dress.

She almost wondered about the package, but she didn't say anything or let him catch her looking at it, because that would not only be rude but make it seem like she had been expecting a gift out of him, which would have been very unladylike.

12/21/2009 #6
Star the Foxhound

"Thank you." Dave stepped inside the house, pausing as he collected his thoughts, preparing for the moment when he would give her the package. "You look beautiful in that dress Sophrona."

12/21/2009 #7
SnowClaw of Windclan

"I..." She blushed slightly, smiling, and straightened it out again. This time, however, it was because she felt a little self-conscious once attention had been drawn to her clothing. "It's terribly old," she explained quietly,"The blockade runners have been getting less and less through, every time. Here, why don't you join me in the piano room, Dave?"

12/21/2009 #8
Star the Foxhound

"Sophrona..." Dave didn't want to hold back the moment any longer as he held up the package. "I've got something for you."

12/21/2009 #9
SnowClaw of Windclan

Sophrona looked up. "Oh, Dave...that's so kind of you. You didn't need to get me anything. I'm happy just with your company..." She felt a strange sense of excitement, as if there was something more than an ordinary gift in the box. But it was foolish to bring her hopes up for something that would not happen this soon, and she was going to be logical...

12/21/2009 #10
Star the Foxhound

Dave smiled. "I wanted to get it for you. Go on, open it."

Waiting made him nervous, as he waited for her reaction.

12/21/2009 #11
SnowClaw of Windclan

Sophrona felt her heart beat rapidly, warmly in her chest as she opened the box. When it came open a gasp quickly escaped from her lips and her eyes widened with shock. She stood still for a moment before she reached forward and put it on her left ring finger, looking at it. "Dave, it's beautiful---I---It's the best stone I've ever seen---I love you, more than---Yes."

She looked up at him with watering eyes and looked down at the ring, which was more beautiful to her than all of Montezuma's riches.

12/21/2009 #12
Star the Foxhound

"I love you too!" Dave swept her into his arms and held her as he looked at the ring she had just put on her finger, and then met her eyes. His face was aglow with happiness, and excitement as he kissed her.

12/21/2009 #13
SnowClaw of Windclan

Sophrona had never seen Dave as happy as this, and it was a beautiful look. she put both of her hands in his hair behind his ears, passion, excitement behind the kiss. After a moment she broke from it, looking at him. "This is the happiest day of my life, Dave..." She whispered tearfully, smiling. Footsteps could be heard as Charlotte headed downstairs, followed by the rest of the family. "We should go and meet them..."

12/21/2009 #14
Star the Foxhound

Dave nodded and let go of her, glancing towards the stairs. "I'll follow you."

12/21/2009 #15
SnowClaw of Windclan

Sophrona headed towards them and turned to her father. "Papa...I need to speak to you..." A concerned, suspicious look crossed the man's features as he followed them into the Music Room. Then she turned to him, holding out the hand with the ring. "I'm engaged! Papa, I'm engaged!" Her father's eyes seemed to light up immediately and he turned to Dave with a smile.

12/21/2009 #16
Star the Foxhound

Another smiled crossed Dave's face, his single eye alit with happiness. "I hope you don't mind Mr." he said, nodding his head in greeting, "I love your daughter very much and will make sure that she has a wonderful life."

12/21/2009 #17
SnowClaw of Windclan

For a moment he was quiet, and then a gentle smile came upon his features. He set a hand on Dave's shoulder. "You take good care of her, Dave...until now, she's been my princess," he said, his eyes watering ever so slightly before he removed the hand.

12/21/2009 #18
Star the Foxhound

"I will Mr. Fontaine," Dave said, meeting the man's eyes before looking back over to Sophrona and smiling at her. He knew that he'd do everything he could to make her happy, because he loved her more then anything in the world at that moment.

12/21/2009 #19
SnowClaw of Windclan

He nodded. "To breakdast, then?"

Sophrona nodded, smiling slightly as she slid her hand into his. She was overjoyed.

12/21/2009 #20
Star the Foxhound

Dave took her hand as they headed into breakfast together. He was happy to have her father's approval, and to know that his ring rested on Sophrona's finger.

12/21/2009 #21
SnowClaw of Windclan

Sophrona sat down next to Dave at the table, and her sisters whispered giddily to themselves, sitting down a few minutes later. Sophrona set her hand on the table, smiling at the ring as Mouse set out the plates. When she saw the ring, Mouse slowly set down the plate and turned to Dave, setting her jaw.

12/21/2009 #22
Star the Foxhound

"Hello Mouse." Dave looked up at the girl calmly and smiled faintly.

12/21/2009 #23
SnowClaw of Windclan

Mouse stared straight at him, white fire behind her eyes, easily readable. Then she headed back into the kitchen. Sophrona took a small bite of her grits, thankful that her family could afford the high prices of the food brought in by the blockade runners. The hardships had thankfully not been very difficult for the Fontaines, although they saw many that they knew suffer.

12/21/2009 #24
Star the Foxhound

"The food is very good," Dave said, taking a bite and looking around the table, "Thank you for having me."

12/21/2009 #25
SnowClaw of Windclan

Sophrona swallowed. "Dave, it's no problem." Her mind was already filled with glorious dreams of what her wedding would be like, with pretty doves and a beautiful dress. And although Dave wasn't wealthy, her parents would fund a house just as large as this without a side word; she'd have the home that she had always dreamed of, with plush carpets and a wraparound porch and white columns.

12/21/2009 #26
Star the Foxhound

Dave smiled at her, before taking another bite. He wondered if he'd be able to take care of her as she was used to living, but he knew that he sure was going to try. Being a soldier didn't bring in a whole lot of money, but he figured that he could find some other way of income after the war. He didn't plan on being a soldier forever.

12/21/2009 #27
SnowClaw of Windclan

Charlotte and Lucinda began to talk amongst themselves, as did her parents. Sophrona held his free hand under the table and smiled at him, closing her eyes and enjoying the moment. "I can see it all now, Dave..." She whispered, a dreamlike tone to her words. "Oh, I'd love to have a three story house like this one--with columns and balconies and a wraparound porch..."

12/22/2009 #28
Uldaren Bardaniel

Edward stepped up next to Mouse's shoulder. "You be alright?" he asked.

12/22/2009 #29
SnowClaw of Windclan

Mouse looked up at Edward, her hands on her hips and her lower lip sticking out in frustration. "Ah'm as fin' as I kain be," she growled under her breath, "That ho'ble gempmum Mist' Dave done gone proposed to Miss Sophrona." She gave a pointed stare towards the table, where the Fontaines and Sophrona's fiancee sat, eating their breakfast.

12/22/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound Uldaren Bardaniel, NurfHurdur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member