Civil War RPG
Play as a Union or Confederate soldier, doctor, nurse or civilian in the war over states rights and preserving the Union. All are welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »
Star the Foxhound

Dave held her close, smiling more then he had in some time as he thought about all the times which had led up to this moment with her. "I love you," he whispered.

After he'd been injured, he had been sure that there wasn't much of a life ahead of him. Never would he have imagined that someone could fall in love with him, but he was happy that he'd been proven wrong, for he couldn't have loved her more.

12/23/2009 #61
Uldaren Bardaniel

Edward smiled. "He sure a han'some one, ain' he, Miz Lucinda?"

12/23/2009 #62
SnowClaw of Windclan

She nodded gently, closing her eyes. "I love you too, Dave." She set a hand on his wounded cheek for a moment before she gently set it back down, resting, comfortable, secure, and warm.

Lucinda smiled at the compliment. "Thank you, Edward, I most certainly have to agree with that. He's going to make such a great horse when he's a little older."

12/23/2009 . Edited 12/23/2009 #63
Uldaren Bardaniel

Edward nodded. "He gwine be yours to ride? Or he gwine be a racer?"

12/23/2009 #64
Star the Foxhound

Dave also closed his eyes. Nothing else mattered at that moment, except for the woman in his arms. He didn't say anything, just enjoyed the moment. For he knew he wouldn't be in Richmond forever. There would come a day when he'd have to go back to the field and continue to fight for the Confederate cause.

12/23/2009 #65
SnowClaw of Windclan

"He's going to be mine to ride," Lucinda said, smiling gently and patting James' neck.

After a few minutes Sophrona got up, sitting on the edge of the bed. "We should tell the county about our wedding, to spread the word," she said with a gentle smile. Already the mental images she had held since she was a child were almost crystal clear.

12/23/2009 #66
Star the Foxhound

"If that is your wish," Dave said, "Then it will be done."

He moved beside her towards the bed.

12/23/2009 #67
Uldaren Bardaniel

"Well, he suit you mighty fine, Miz Lucinda, mighty fine." Edward nodded. "Once he trained, he be de best lookin' hoss in all Richmon'."

12/23/2009 #68
SnowClaw of Windclan

Lucinda smiled up at him, "You really think so, Edward? Could you help me train him? With your help he will be the best horse in all of the city."

Sophrona nodded, slipping on her morocco slippers and heading downstairs. She abruptly paused, holding onto the railing and listening to the conversation below.

"I don't think he has any business with her. Mother, he's a poor white cracker! Do you want to have to pay for your own daughter's wedding? See, she could have married Wade Pierson, but apparently Sophrona's too good for him, and any other well-bred boy in the entire county." Charlotte's voice was raised, indignant.

12/23/2009 #69
Star the Foxhound

Dave had been following her but he froze at the voice as he heard what was being said. He turned his head and looked down at the ground. It was true what was being said, he didn't have too much money, although he'd been saving what he did get for months, so that he'd have some money to spend on her, for the ring and to help with the wedding. But what they said made him feel guilty. He knew he didn't have enough.

12/23/2009 #70
Uldaren Bardaniel

Edward paused, nodded. "I'll do what I can with him, Miz Lucinda. It'll take a while, though, he bein' so young an' all."

12/23/2009 #71
SnowClaw of Windclan

Sophrona immediately turned to look at him, her eyebrows raising slightly, in symapthy. She set a hand on his cheek and bit her lip before speaking. "Dave, don't listen to Charlotte...She's a petulant little fool that only thinks about money...she can't ever unserstand friendship, or love." In truth, though, Charlotte felt these things, but also saw things for what they were, and was indeed more intelligent than was flattering to a woman of that time.

"Oh, thank you!" Lucinda said brightly, smiling. "I really appreciate this, Edward."

12/23/2009 #72
Star the Foxhound

"But she's right..." Dave said, "I don't have much money.... I'm saving up every penny that I can, in order to give you the best life possible, but I don't have nearly close to the amount that you are used to having. I just love you so much."

12/23/2009 #73
Uldaren Bardaniel

Edward smiled. "It's de leas' I kin do, Miz Lucinda." He approached James and laid a hand on the colt's neck. "May take awhile," he repeated. "He mighty young."

12/23/2009 . Edited 12/28/2009 #74
SnowClaw of Windclan

"You'll be okay. My Papa can lend you money, and workers, and we can own our own plantation."

She nodded, then looked down at the colt. "He doesn't let me touch his feet, though." She moved to put pressure on the pastern to get him to pick up the left foreleg and he moved a step to the side, nickering and staring at them.

12/23/2009 #75
Uldaren Bardaniel

Edward nodded. "Well, he need to get use t' us touchin' his legs." He ran a hand up and down the colt's foreleg but didn't apply pressure, just moved his hand up and down gently, murmuring quietly to James to reassure him. "He get used to that, he let us pick his feet up 'fore long."

12/23/2009 . Edited 12/23/2009 #76
Star the Foxhound

Dave smiled faintly. "That would be very nice of him, I wouldn't know how to thank him."

He sighed. "After the war though, I have... duties still for now."

12/23/2009 #77
SnowClaw of Windclan

Lucinda nodded, but the colt shifted, leaning away from Edward.

"Dave, you can live with us until the war is over. We have room for one more," she said, glancing down at the staircase. She almost didn't want to go downstairs as much any more, now that she knew what Charlotte's real opinions on the matter of their marraige. Sophrona didn't know why she hadn't already guessed this, as it was fairly obvious. Perhaps ignorance was bliss.

12/23/2009 #78
Uldaren Bardaniel

Edward straightened, patting the colt's neck. "We jes' keep workin' wid you," he stated. "You learn soon enough."

12/23/2009 #79
SnowClaw of Windclan

Lucinda smiled, chuckling as she watched. Edward was one of her favorite people on the plantation, and, secretly, she was more fond of him than most of the white folks that she had to spend her time around. "He's going to be a great horse."

12/23/2009 #80
Uldaren Bardaniel

"That he is, Miz Sophrona," Edward nodded in agreement, gently running a rough, knotted hand over the colt's smooth, still baby-soft coat. "He got good blood, from his looks."

12/23/2009 #81
Star the Foxhound

He nodded, not sure what to really say. What he had heard caused him to rethink what he was doing, although he wouldn't mention it. Dave knew that he was fairly poor, most soldiers were. It was just the life that he had choosen, because he wanted to serve the Confederancy. "That's very nice of you," Dave said, looking up and meeting her eyes, "Thank you."

12/23/2009 #82
SnowClaw of Windclan

Sophrona nodded, then bit her lip as she decided that she was going to head downstairs. "The day after Christmas. I would like to be married...on the day after Christmas. That way, we will always remember it," she said, smiling gently at him. She could already envision the cake, the guests, the dancing....it would be amazing, and she was certain of it.

She headed down the staircase, thankful that Charlotte had apparently left.

Lucinda smiled. "Thank you, Edward. His parents were both great horses, I'll give them that."

12/24/2009 #83
Uldaren Bardaniel

Edward grinned, his old eyes crinkling at the corners as he did. "That be fo' sho', indeed," he replied. "I hear tell tales o' his sire, how he been winnin' prizes t' beat de band."

12/24/2009 #84
Star the Foxhound

Dave followed her down the stairs, although he was uncertain about how quickly everything seemed to be happening, and how he knew now that not everyone approved of him marrying Sophrona. But it was what he wanted, more then anything in the world, and he hoped that others could see it, just as he and Sophrona could.

12/28/2009 #85
SnowClaw of Windclan

Sophrona turned to look at Dave, pursing her lips and looking up at him with an amber gaze. "Why don't we go to town, Dave? My father gave me money for a wedding dress and it would be just wonderful if we could go into Richmond to find one." She straightened out her elbow length white gloves as she spoke.

12/28/2009 #86
Star the Foxhound

"I don't know anything about wedding dresses." Dave smiled faintly. "But I'll come with you, for the company."

12/28/2009 #87
SnowClaw of Windclan

Sophrona's eyes lit up and her apple blossom complexion seemed to glow for a moment. "Oh, I'd love if you would come," she breathed, nodding. "Mouse! We're going to town!" She called, her voice, musical as a sparrow, rising in the air.

"Ah kin hear you from where Ah em, thank you!"

12/28/2009 #88
Star the Foxhound

December 25, 1863

He had gotten up early, like so many other soldiers had. There was an excitement about Christmas, a day when they could try and enjoy themselves gathered around a fire and handing out the few gifts that they had to be found. But Dave had left the camp behind him, and gone instead to the place where his love lived, knocking on the door, and wondering if she was even awake.

12/31/2009 #89
Uldaren Bardaniel

Edward stepped out in the snow, smiling widely. He breathed in the cold air, feeling the sharpness of it in his lungs and welcoming it. It was one of the best days of the year now. He turned as he heard the bells in the churches nearby begin tolling, calling out in jubilation to the day.

12/31/2009 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound Uldaren Bardaniel, NurfHurdur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member