Civil War RPG
Play as a Union or Confederate soldier, doctor, nurse or civilian in the war over states rights and preserving the Union. All are welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Star the Foxhound

Headquarters for the Union army.... XD

7/15/2010 #1
Star the Foxhound

April 30, 1864

Evening

Sergeant George Nelson stepped up to an aide that stood at the door of the headquarters. "I need to speak with General Hancock."

"What business do you have with him?" The aide asked, staring suspiciously at the young sergeant.

"I need to ask him a question, sir," Neil said, "I promise, it won't take long."

The aide stared at him for a moment. "Wait here."

Stepping into the building, the aide passed some of the other generals until he came over to Hancock. "There's a sergeant outside, says he needs to ask you something, sir."

7/15/2010 #2
NurfHurdur

The General nodded, decided he would leave headquarters rather than have the sergeant brought in. Walking to the little area in front of the building he pulled his cigar from his mouth. Caught the man standing out from evrything else like a sore thumb.

"What can I do for you sergeant?"

7/15/2010 #3
Star the Foxhound

"General, sir." Neil saluted, pausing for a moment. "Sir, please excuse me if I speak frankly, but you know a General Armistead, don't you sir?"

7/15/2010 #4
NurfHurdur

He wasn't offended, just extremely surprised. "I do..."

7/15/2010 #5
Star the Foxhound

Neil nodded, glanced down for a moment before looking back up at Hancock. "Well, sir, my friend uh, he just died sir and he asked me to write to a friend of his who serves under Armistead. I only know the man's first name is Curtis and uh..."

He trailed off, nervous about bringing this up to the general.

7/15/2010 #6
NurfHurdur

Hancock didn't wait for him to finish, motioned for an courier. He couldn't deny a request such as that. "Tell this man all you know, I'll send him over."

7/15/2010 #7
Star the Foxhound

"Yes, sir." Neil looked gratefully at Hancock before looking at the courier and pulling the letter he'd written out. "This letter is to a Confederate officer named Curtis. He serves under General Armistead, that's all I know."

7/15/2010 #8
NurfHurdur

The courier nodded, took the envelope. "I'll see it gets to him." He pulled a white cloth from his pocket, tied it up near the shoulder. Without another word he was off and mounting his horse.

7/15/2010 #9
Star the Foxhound

He watched the courier leave, before looking at Hancock again. "Thank you, sir, I'm very grateful."

Saluting, Neil turned and walked away, happy with the outcome of that short meeting.

7/15/2010 #10
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound Uldaren Bardaniel, NurfHurdur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member