The Lounge
So why are you still standing there staring? Come IN for heavens sakes!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5
Poll has been closed for voting. Displaying poll result:
Which Challenge entry did you like better?
1 Something to Drive by ZyggyGirl
 80%
2 THE END maybe by T-cat AKA TaraMafia
 20%
Unique Voters: 5
T-cat AKA TaraMafia

Author: T-cat AKA TaraMafia

Title: He's Dating Who?!

Rating: T

Summary: For The Lounge's challenge. When star jock Kieren Heath tells the entire school who his girlfriend is, no one can believe it. Of course, her inability to focus on things creates a bit of a problem...

Link: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2837267/1/Hes_Dating_Who

Choices: Style: Short Story.

Genre two: Romance+Gemini Horoscope: More then 1/3 or adults under 35 confess that right after making love, they tweet or text or check their Facebook page. In the coming week, I strongly advise you not to do that or anything remotely like that. You should give your best, brightest, most focused attention to every phase of every adventure you have. The foreplay and the aftermath are just as important to the total revelation as the height of the action. This is a time in your long-term cycle when you can't afford to scrimp on completion and closure and resolution. (There wasn't really much I could do with this. So I just used the part where it said that full attention needed to be given to everything. Considering what the horoscope was, let it slide?)

Setting: (3)High School: two people never expected to be together are discovered at an item

Quote: (I used two. Can I get extra credit for that?) (1)"It took me this long to realize that what I thought was most _______ about you is what I love about you." and (4)"No! We just can't be together. You're a ____________ and I'm a ___________. It wouldn't be ________ if we were together. But I've never cared much for _______."

Character Stereotypes: Crazy Drama Geek and Basketball Jock.

8/11/2010 #121
T-cat AKA TaraMafia

Ummm....how much longer till the poll goes up?

9/11/2010 #122
ranDUMM

CRAP, I am soo sorry. The poll is up now!

9/12/2010 #123
T-cat AKA TaraMafia

Oh good. I was starting to wonder.

9/12/2010 #124
ranDUMM

It is now too late to vote in the poll for your favourite challenge fic. The results are in!:

THE WINNER OF THE "OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT" CHALLENGE BY FLEUR-DE-LIS EVANS IS:

SAND DANCE by little red's worst nightmare !

Congratulations :)

Our second place winner is:

He's Dating Who?! by T-Cat AKA TaraMafia

Congratulations to all those who took part!

9/18/2010 #125
ranDUMM

THE NEXT CHALLENGE BY T-CAT AKA TARAMAFIA IS:

A Song-fic Contest!

Entrants have to write a song-inspired fic, with the lyrics incorporated somehow. Must contain:

1) either mention of a sword fight with bread sticks or and actual bread stick sword fight in a public setting,

2) the quote "No, you may not kill him with a cucumber."

3) one of the characters must be glitter crazy and show it proudly.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT DECIDE TO ENTER T-CAT AKA TARAMAFIA'S CHALLENGE!

Start date: September 19th, 2010

End date: October 3rd, 2010

When you finish the challenge, please either SEND YOUR STORY TO ME (email accessible via my profile) or POST IT HERE with the usual criteria (given on the first page).

ALSO GUYS, PLEASE REVIEW OTHER'S CHALLENGE PIECES. THEY WORKED H A R D O N THESE, SO TRY TO HELP THEM BY REVIEWING.

9/18/2010 #126
T-cat AKA TaraMafia

Just to clarify, because I just realized I need to, you don't need all of the lyrics. Just some of them. Have fun!

9/18/2010 #127
ZyggyGirl

WOOT!

Author: ZyggyGirl

Title: Something to Drive

Rating: T

Summary: You were chasing down a tornado the first day I saw you.

9/22/2010 . Edited 9/22/2010 #128
T-cat AKA TaraMafia

Author: Me!

Title: THE END maybe

Summary: It's the end of the world as we know it. Yes, it's one of those stories. Mostly. A little twist. For The Lounge's Song-fic contest. Inspired by R.E.M's It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine). Slash

Link: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2852483/1/THE_END_maybe

10/2/2010 #129
ranDUMM

THE TIME IS UP TO SUBMIT A CHALLENGE!

A POLL WILL GO UP LATER TODAY FEATURING ALL THE STORIES THAT HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED ON TIME. PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE STORY.

IF YOU HAVE NOT GOT YOUR CHALLENGE IN YET, AND YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE, FEEL FREE TO WRITE A STORY AND SUBMIT. HOWEVER, IT WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE POLL.

Thank you to everyone that participated! Shuna has the next challenge!

10/4/2010 . Edited 10/4/2010 #130
T-cat AKA TaraMafia

Poll still isn't up.....Raaaa-aannnnnnnnnn.....

10/8/2010 #131
ranDUMM

It is now too late to vote in the poll for your favourite challenge fic. The results are in!:

THE WINNER OF THE "SONG-FIC CONTEST" CHALLENGE BY T-CAT AKA TARAMAFIA IS:

Something to Drive by ZyggyGirl !

Our second place winner is:

THE END maybe by T-Cat AKA TaraMafia

Congratulations to all those who took part!

11/26/2010 #132
ranDUMM

THE CHALLENGES ARE TEMPORARILY ON HIATUS. THEY WILL GO BACK UP ONCE WE GET MORE WILLING PARTICIPANTS.

11/26/2010 #133
HighOnBrokenWings

Hey, Ran, do you mind if I make a challenge for everyone?

Feeling pumped to write a short story!

We need to make everyone do it! Yeah! We need those willing participants. Haha. Willing. No, not willing! We will force them into being creative.

3/1/2011 #134
ranDUMM

Go 'head, but you'll have to completely organise it + manage it, i.e. with starting and closing dates, polls, themes, making sure peple get their stories in on time, etc etc. If that's okay with you, then please do. I have no time anymore ==

3/2/2011 #135
Corinne Marie

I wanna be a willing participant!

3/2/2011 #136
rgarner31

ill take whack at it! hit me up with a prompt and im good to go :)

7/2/2011 #137
T-cat AKA TaraMafia

Okay! I have one! You need to pick a popular fairy tale, like Cinderella, Snow White, Ruplestiltskin, etc. and rewrite it however you want.

The quotes:

1)"Stop it! Stop it or you will be unable to use the bathroom for all eternity!"

2) "I will cease fire on one condition: that she begins stripping while singing "Shaft"!"

3) "What did you eat? It smells like...baby food!"

4) "Sir, I really wish you'd stop letting it out,"

5) "Do a little dance! make a little--OW DANGITT!!

Must be used.

Start date: July 4

End Date: August 4

7/3/2011 . Edited 7/3/2011 #138
T-cat AKA TaraMafia

Alright, I'm going to extend the end date, because one month isn't that long. So, end date is now September 4. Please will someone enter? Please? *begging kitten eyes*

7/11/2011 #139
T-cat AKA TaraMafia

Okay, if anyone is thinking about entering, post here and say something by August 25. Otherwise, I'm assuming that no one is entering and I will end the contest.

8/22/2011 #140
T-cat AKA TaraMafia

Right. Since no one is entering, this contest is over. Fail!contest is a big fail. *headdesk*

8/25/2011 #141
September Silver

I think we need more challenges. These look so fun...

WHY DID I ONLY JUST JOIN FICTIONPRESS? *dies*

9/10/2012 #142
SuperWhoLockedRavenclawDemigod
Author: Stella Hawk Challenge: The Loner Pie Challenge Prompts: 1) Apple 2) "Oh. Thanks. I guess I can't expect much more from a pink elephant." 3) The story must include a "High Performance" Permanent Marker. Title: Borin' lucky day Rating: K Summary: the boring day of boring John Smith has received a lucky twist Link: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3142556/1/The-Loner- Pie-Challenge-Borin-lucky-day
7/24/2013 #143
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5
Forum Moderators: ranDUMM HighOnBrokenWings
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member