The Lounge
So why are you still standing there staring? Come IN for heavens sakes!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Poll has been closed for voting. Displaying poll result:
What new topic would you like to see at the Lounge?
1 Debates on something (a new topic will be added each week)
 27%
2 Another game (we'll think of ideas later if this is the most popular)
 22%
3 A competition of sorts (we'll think of ideas later if this is the most popular)
 16%
4 A thread to set up Betas
 11%
5 A 'suggestions' topic (I'll put one up anyway if two people vote for this)
 11%
6 A thread for artwork.
 5%
7 A thread to talk about movies/television shows
 5%
8 A thread where you can complain/rant about things.
 0%
9 Other (please tell ranDUMM, and it will be added to the poll)
 0%
10 Discussion on something (a new topic will be added each week)
 0%
Unique Voters: 18
ranDUMM

Two people voted that we needed a suggestions thread - so here it is!

THIS THREAD IS HERE FOR SEVERAL REASONS:

- Suggest something that you would like to see at The Lounge.

- If we (Mods) want an opinion on something for the Lounge, we'll ask here for everyone's thoughts.

- If posters want an opinion on something, they should as here for everyone's thoughts.

- If you have any questions or problems about FP or the Lounge, come here to get it sorted out.

- This will also act as a thread for Mods to discuss stuff, though everyone is encouraged to participate in the dicussion.

7/24/2010 . Edited 8/1/2010 #1
ranDUMM

THE POLL HAS NOW BEEN MADE INTO A LIVE POLL, SO THAT WE CAN SEE THE RESULTS. YOU MAY STILL VOTE IN THE POLL.

Okaaaaaaay guys, so I was just wondering what games people wanted? It's currently coming second, so some suggestions?

7/25/2010 #2
Dextra

Hmmm. I don't know what games I would want. I spy? 20 questions? Charades? (I don't know how you could play that over the Internet) :/ Those sound lame but I just can't think of any. :(

I haz a question that needs to be answered, though.

How do you make a hyperlink? For example: if I post a story in the Challenge topic area and wanted it so if you clicked the title it would bring you to the story, how would I do that?

I have spent a lot of time looking it up but all the how-to's I found always seemed to be missing a step. Either I'm stupidier/more technology challenged than I thought, or I'm looking up the wrong thing.

7/25/2010 #3
pretty twisted

You highlight the word you want to turn into a link and then click on the little chain thing next to the "Styles" drop-down menu. You paste the link where it says "Link URL" and then hit the green "Insert" button. :)

I think 20 Questions is good.

7/26/2010 #4
ZyggyGirl

I like the 20Q game as well. Sounds fun.

7/26/2010 #5
ranDUMM

Sorry I couldn't answer your question earlier!

Ooh 20 questions sounds really interesting!! Anyone else have suggestions, or is 20Q good?

ALSO: I need people's opinion; the next challenge was accidentally put up two weeks early; but by the time I edited it out, people already got the alert with the challenge, so they've started working on it, which gives them an unfair advantage. Also, since the people who have already seen it say it's pretty hard, should I just put it up now, and leave it up for one month? As a ONE OFF only.

7/29/2010 . Edited 7/29/2010 #6
Altevriel

20Q sounds cool. :D

If enough people already saw it, it might be more prudent.

7/29/2010 . Edited 7/29/2010 #7
pretty twisted

I actually already finished before anyone mentioned the challenge being posted too early... XP But yeah, I say put it up and leave it for a month. Some choices other than mine (which was rhyming poetry) might take longer to write and incorporate every requirement into.

7/29/2010 #8
Darkness.Is.Energy

Is there an Advertisements thread? For forums and stuff? That way people can put up their forum, and people here could check it out and maybe join.

7/29/2010 #9
Dextra

I already saw the challenge, but I have my alerts turned off because I got sick of deleting thousands of emails from forums. I do remember most of it and it looked pretty hard. I wasn't even going to start on it until the voting for the July challenge closed.

Maybe out it back up so it'll give people more time to work on it, because it did look like it would need to be thought out. Plus, the main idea of the challenge was to write a genre you usually don't write with a style you don't usually use. Some people might have to take a couple tries at the challenge.

I vote putting it back up.

EDIT: Oh, okay. Never mind on the advertisment page.

I don't have any other ideas for games. That 20 question idea was a spur of the moment and I was just throwing stuff out there. :/ I'm okay with that being our choice. I suggest in the starting post, stating the rules of 20 questions so if anyone doesn't know how to play it's there for their reference.

7/29/2010 . Edited 7/30/2010 #10
ranDUMM

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Okay then the challenge goes back up! :)

Edit: I'll put it up on SUNDAY, so you guys have three weeks to do it (one extra week). Please note that the next challenge will go up AT THE NORMAL TIME.

We actually already have an advertisement thread! It's called Recommendations and Links Outside Fictionpress. It's for advertising other people's stories, forums, or anything from outside of fictionpress, so go and take a look - it's been a little lonely lately :(

20Q then for sure? If no one has any other suggestions, I'll put it up! Or if you guys don't think we need another game. For example, 'Debates on Something' is currently winning. Do you guys think the game idea isn't as important right now sine we already have two, and just start the debates thread? Up to you guys!

7/30/2010 . Edited 7/30/2010 #11
pretty twisted

I have a question on the challenge. Since there are so many requirements, should we post them at the end/beginning of the story, or as a part of the submission post, or not at all and just let the story be enjoyed? Also, if we don't get all the requirements down perfectly, or we miss something, would that result in a dequalification or is it okay, at least on this challenge? xP

I think the advertisement forum should expand to within FictionPress as well. :|

Start the debates thread, I think. Our games tend to be forgotten and another would get pretty lonely.

7/31/2010 #12
ranDUMM

I think we can make it so that you post the stuff you used in your submission post? That way it doesn't clutter your story, but we still know what you used. And I think if you miss one or two things accidentally it's fine, but that's really up to Fleur...

The challenge will go up later today, by the way.

It is... I'm pretty sure. You can advertise anything, forums, stories, C2s or stuff otuside FP. I'll change it if it isn't clear enough.

That's what I thought, and since we already have so many games...

7/31/2010 #13
ranDUMM

A DEBATE THREAD WILL GO UP LATER TODAY - IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER LAST MINUTE SUGGESTIONS, NOW WOULD BE A GREAT TIME TO GIVE THEM :P

8/28/2010 #14
Shuna

I want to suggest turning the cencors off. As I see it, no one here swears that much. Yes, bad words pop in time to time, but none of us do it excessivly. And I've seen that turning cencors off does not attract swearing whores from own expiriences at FFN. Another thing is that the site rules tells us to keep the conversations aproperiate for teens, which means that if we turn off the cencors and someone swears every tenth word, and does not listen to us when we say it's not allowed, then we are allowed to report them. Or simly just remove them.

9/22/2010 #15
ZyggyGirl

I agree with Shuna. And, occasionally, the censor edits out harmless words, or combinations of words.

9/22/2010 #16
ranDUMM

Well... okay fine :) You guys win.

9/28/2010 #17
Jezzen

My page does fine showing who has added me to their favorites or alert lists, but the hits and visitor meters are still at 0. Is that just because I'm a newer member, or is it a glitch with my account?

10/12/2010 #18
ZyggyGirl

It's actually a glitch that's been affecting everyone on FictionPress. We've had this problem before, and Support never seems to be in a hurry to fix it.

10/12/2010 #19
Jezzen

Oh. .

Thanks. And I hope they aren't super lazy.

10/12/2010 #20
ZyggyGirl

It's what we're here for.

And I know it's really annoying. Hopefully, they'll patch it up soon.

10/12/2010 #21
Jezzen

I also have another question about the communities. It's not very clear on what I need to do to post a story to a community. Can anyone help me on that?

10/13/2010 #22
ZyggyGirl

That depends.

If you're trying to add someone else's story to your community, there should be a drop-down box at the bottom of the chapter, and there'll be an option to add to C2.

If you want your story in someone else's community, you have to message one of the staff.

If that doesn't answer your question, let me know!

10/13/2010 #23
ranDUMM

I was going to answer your question, but Zyg's answer was too good :P So yeah. Random pointless post.

10/16/2010 #24
Frap

Okay I've skimmed across a couple of sites here so far, and I was wondering if i review a couple of people in a row is that not allowed? I mean if I review five stories at once, Can I simply ask for those five to review me back? Like I stated, I don't always have time but when I do, I get with it and give as much feedback as possible. I don't want to sound, hmmm witchy, but for each story I review I have to use the format in the review exchange? Get back with me when you can. I got to leave for an appointment. I'll check to see if I get a response. Later.

11/4/2010 #25
ranDUMM

Hey! Sorry for this heaps late reply :(

You can't technically ask anyone to review you back. Some people have a review policy of returning reviews, but will probably be offended if you asked them to review you back. A better idea is to go to review threads, and read their reviewing rules. For example, here at the Lounge, if you review someone, then the person after you should review you back.

I hope this helps, and if it doesn't, then please don't hesitate to ask again! :)

ranDUMM

11/10/2010 #26
pageramrob

Hi, I'm new to FP and I am hoping that this is the right place for this post. Please be gentle with me if it's not.

I've developed a new way to publish fiction online. I call it pageramming. If you visit www.pageram.net you can see what it is about. The site is non-commercial and it is there to try and prove the concept. I'd love to get some feedback.

And, if you fancy becoming a pagerammer, give it a go. It's good fun.

Thanks.

11/18/2010 #27
ranDUMM

Hi, that's fine :) The best place for this post is "Recommendations and Links Outside of Fictionpress". But don't worry about it, it isn't a big deal.

11/26/2010 #28
ranDUMM

Okay guys, tthanks to Tara's idea, we're proposing a NEW THREAD. *cheer crazily*

As a sister thread to "Time to Sing!", we're proposing a thread where you do just that... sing. Type out lyrics all day, every day. If there's no one currently available to chat, instead of spamming up the Chat, we could spam up a Lyrics thread instead.

Which lead me to thinking... why not just an all round Spam thread? No conversations; just SPAM SPAM SPAM.

So... any thoughts? Ideas? Problems? If, by the end of the week, no-one's replied here, I think I'll just make a general lyrics thread.

Love, ran.

11/27/2010 #29
ranDUMM

Oh, just thought of something else. The poll at the top says that people want a 'Debates' thread. So thoughts on that? Poeple suggested previously that we're already overrunning on random threads, so is the time ripe now to try? Or leave it til later?

11/27/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: ranDUMM HighOnBrokenWings
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member